Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  5:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I believe I forgot to hand stamp once and the tea shredded and then they called the person I sent it to and made them tell her it was not contraband...now really I wouldn't send contraband...so ladies hand stamp...otherwise the post office posse will round you up.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  09:08:39 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Quiet here all of a sudden.
Well, I see we lost Annette Fonacello(sp)too! How sad.If I had Mickey-Mouse ears, I'd be wearing them in tribute!
I see we have a Birthday on our Porch this Friday....Miss Jan Doran...for those who need a reminder! *giggle*
Well, off to move more stuff! I think Mama should buy a mobile home....so we can just hook the thing up and
pull it to a new location,every time she wants new scenery! hahaha 'Nuff of this boxing and moving and unpacking already!!!
*pantpantpant*
Toodle-eee-ooo!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  09:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy, that's a good one about the mobile home.
Later all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  7:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Enjoyed my tea sis! lol on mama and a mobile home.maybe we could just paint a new scenery on her windows every now and then. hahhaaha

NOT Annette! I'd be wearing Mickey Mouse ears and singing the song too.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  7:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Judy, that is a good one about the mobile home. Let's hope and pray that this will be the last time you have to move her. That is alot of work, especially when doing it every few months!!!
My son called me this morning and asked me to work today, so that was my day.
Still cold here, in the 30s for the highs with rain, sleet, snow, and more snow on the way. The snow on the ground is going down, but our ground is still frozen. It has been many years since we had such cold weather this time of the year. It will come eventually, but I am usually working in the yard by now. We do need to see some sun.
It is quiet on the porch today. Everyone must be busy spring cleaning?
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  8:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Talking about mobile homes. When I retired last October, at the going away party it was mentioned that I bought a mobile home. One of the managers actually said, "You gonna be okay driving that?"
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  01:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies...

Well, I see one of my posts didn't make it on here again. It was either me being too tired or the 'puter ate it again. LOL

Judy...I agree with you on both recent deaths.
I had a lot of respect for Margaret Thatcher. She was a strong woman with lots of Moxie! (I will have to rent the movie about her life.) Also, I am with you and Patsy...I'am singing the Mickey Mouse Song with my hand over my heart. We will all miss Annette.
It is funny how many of the symptoms of MS are the same as Fibro.

Oh that is so funny about your Mama and getting her a Mobile Home for every time she wants to move. That way you could just park her in your backyard! Lol

Patsy..loved your idea about painting new scenes on her windows. I can tell that you and Judy are sisters....giggle!

Janet...glad Judy mentioned your birthday before Friday. LOL

Terri...that must have been the "Smart" Manager huh???? LOL

Well, today I went bumming around with my son. He was looking for a Futon for a guest bed for their guest room. We found a couple well made ones...but not sure if he bought one later in the day or not.
He also took me to lunch. Which was nice. My DIL from Seattle is coming down for Sadies 2nd Shower this Saturday....and they need someplace for her to sleep. Sadie is in the Nesting Mode...so, she doesn't want Faith to have to sleep on the Air Mattress. LOL

My Son has an interview with a good company tomorrow...making really good $$ which would be helpful with a baby coming next month. Please pray for him for me. We would like Sadie to be able to NOT go back to work after the baby is born.

Ok...my eyes are watering and I am tired.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  07:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Hope all is well with the rest of you "ole biddy " hens. I need some prayers for a couple of family members ...my aunt has a mass on her pancreas. The sad thing is her only child was grew up in my grandparents home with my aunt and never knew her father. Both of my grandparents passed away...gramp in 2011 and gram in 2014. My Grampi

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  07:21:05 AM  Show Profile
Hope all is well with the rest of you "ole biddy " hens. I need some prayers for a couple of family members ...my aunt has a mass on her pancreas. The sad thing is her only child was grew up in my grandparents home with my aunt and never knew her father. Both of my grandparents passed away...gramp in 2011 and gram in 2014. My Grampi

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  07:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Darn android and auto correct. Anyway gramp was her father figure and gram was her second mom. My cousin is married and has a daughter and step son. S. So please keep them all in prayer. My uncle had a hip replacement. During therapy, a blood clot was discovered in his leg. Please pray for him as well.

Thank you my fellow chix.

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  07:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Gram passed away in 2012

Edited by - queenmushroom on Apr 10 2013 07:42:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kat-Nina
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Katrina
North Plains Oregon
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  09:13:28 AM  Show Profile
You all make me smile. Looks like a place where I want to bring my scrapbooking and listen to the the local gab, hope you don't mind.
Kat-Nina
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  10:00:47 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME Katrina...yes, pull up a chair, rocker, swing or step on The Porch and share in the gab and blab with the rest of us.
This is a Fun place to be...that is for sure...and you will meet a lot of Great Women just like yourself.

So, tell us a thing or two about yourself...so we can get to know you! We know that you Scrapbook...that is a start!

Lorena...I wondered how your Gram died next year. LOL Oh, my I needed that little chuckle this morning. That is the
best way to start off a day! And since it took you 4 tries on your Android to spit it all out...I think your quote is very
applicable: "Patience is worth a bushel of brains." *rolling on the floor - holding my side, tears rolling down my cheeks*

You might win the Porch Award along with Judy...for being our Comic Relief. LOL

OK girlies...I will check back on here later. Do something fun today!!! And Be A Blessings To Someone Else!

Love and Squishies,
Peggy
Loves and Squishies,

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  6:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I just make myself laugh. My gramp had cancer. My gram had a bad heart and died from internal bleeding due to blood thinners. They were both in their. 80's. Gram didn't do well after gramp died. Mom spent about 3 most in Michigan helping my aunt care for her
Gramp was grams soul mate even though gramp became a grumpy old man (which is putting in extremely mildly .). But she was his toots.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  6:59:07 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
just stopping for a quick fly in. We have over 3 inches of rain, hail, sleet, freezing rain, and snow all in the past two days. I awoke yesterday to water in my basement and mopped and then came home to do it again. Thankfully we know how to fix it when spring decides to stick around. It is cold here and the moods reflect it.

Hope all it well with yall will be back when I am not worried about electricity staying on.
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  08:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Oh ya Katrina, you will LOVE it here! *scootches over on the swing to make room for ya* tell us some more about you. :)

Peggy: Just was thinking the same thing about the comment you made on Lorenas siggy. She must have a bushel of patience. after the 2nd try I would be DONE! LOL ROFL

Janet and Tammy: bet you're BOTH ready for spring.

have a good day chickies

love n prayers to all

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  08:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patsy and Peggy, Lorena's kind of patience is very rare. That's the kind of thing that has the offending object bouncing off something around here.
My GDD is such a sweetie. It is a real balancing act trying to teach her to have healthy boundaries when all she wants to do is give, of herself, her time, her resources. She loves her little charge to pieces and would do anything for his mom. I understand how mom wants to keep Ashley as the sitter for her little boy. The child has behavioral problems and Ashley is a patient as can be with him. But I want to see her have something to fall back on in later years. I can see mom's side of it and it is a real hard place to be. Ashley has a heart the size of Alaska and I do not want to see her hurt. Sigh!!!!!
Ah well. On another note. Down to 0 this morning. But the sun is up and not a cloud in the sky this am. It is to warm up to 20 or 25 and so long as its sunny, its ok with me.
We are all having plant withdrawals up here. My niece and I are already thinking about planting stuff. Probably about time to try a reinstall of SPRING! Maybe this time it will make it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  10:43:52 AM  Show Profile
Just got this a picture of my GDD and her little charge.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  11:55:19 AM  Show Profile
Ok chickie poos...believe it or not my patience can be very short lived. I was ready to chuck this Droid as far in the woods as I could when I was typing that message. My mom was challenged my my bullheadedness often to frustration but come to find out, as I have growing up, I have the tenacity that comes from her father, of whom I was writing about in the first place. So I think I have more tenacity then patience. But my dad's father was as bullheaded and tenacious as mom's dad. Add this into the mix..I am also living, breathing proof that sarcasm is genetic as I get that from both grandfather's too.

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  3:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime, (and any others who need a pick-me-up)
Here are some flowers that are blooming in the desert right now.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Judy, got my farmgirl mail today. Love the tuck ins! Thank you! Can't wait to try the chocomint tea. The sweet chili looks very interesting. Sounds like something nice to try with dinner.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  8:27:28 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh...ROFL....Terri, No he didn't!!! That's too funny! I just wanna see you TRY and drive that mobile home!!!hahaha
Are those primroses blooming in that pic? Very pretty!
Katrina,Hi there! Welcome!Happy to have you join us in our All-Gal-Gab! *hands you a steaming cuppa*
TLTammy,we had severe T-storms yesterday with quarter inch hail and 60MPH wind gusts. Talk about scary! And I was "Home Alone" through most of it! *shivers* Even the cat ran under the bed. The thunder was non-stop. Lightening hit our middle school here in town. They got the kids out and over to the H.S.,then they sent them home early.They had 5 fire depts. working on it and got it out without too much damage. Scared those poor kids pretty bad though! We're expecting more rain tonight and tomorrow!
Didn't move anything for Mama yesterday. Today I moved a few things for her and her freezer stuff.The movers are coming Tuesday. Yeaaaaa! It will be over then!*jumping up&down* LOL
I got her shelves in the basement full,with craft stuff and kitchen stuff she doesn't use much.Got her clothes and dishes moved,the food in her cabinets moved.....*takes BIG breath*...and all with my Beetle-Baby!Boy his poor 'lil tongue is hanging out and his bumpers are dragging! hahaha...MINE too! LOL (there's a picture for ya Peg)~~whew~~
Cherime,I'll bet it's hard to wait for Spring when your Winters are so looooong!Hard to believe it's still 0 there! Nice picture of the young-uns! Who baked the cute cake? I do believe someone has been working those suckers over already! hahaha
Bunny,so glad you got your teas.I hope they weren't beat up too badly! I hope you like them both. I love trying new teas...then sharing them with my Porch-Buds!
Well, I'm whooped girls! It's off to beddy-bye for this chicky-babe!
Nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  9:11:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Terri
those are beautiful blooms.
Thanks for posting.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  01:03:47 AM  Show Profile

Sending some pretties from my neck of the woods! It's not only the Desert in Bloom...The Rain Forest is doing OK too. LOL

Darlen Darlene...so nice to see you on The Porch Girlie!!! I was wondering if you would come visit. Thanks for that funny E-Card
today. I am happy my DH deals with the taxes...I don't have to sweat that at all. I am NOT A Numbers girl! I have done Light
Book-keeping for one of my businesses but had an Account to handle the big stuff. Thank The Lord that there are people who enjoy
that stuff! LOL

Judy...I heard there was all kinds of weird weather across the country yesterday. I think wind bothers me the most because here you
always have to worry about trees coming down from the soggy ground we have from all the rain.

I got my Tea today. Haven't tried it yet but you got some great choices. I have never tried Chili tea before...can't wait to taste
that one. And you know me, Tea and Chocolate just were meant to go together. Yumo! I thought the card was so adorable and all
the tucks were awesome...ya done good girl!!! Nice little "Pick Me Up" in the ol' Mail box makes my day. My Mail box has needed
some farmgirl love this week...because last week was either nothing in the box or just bills...and that's no fun!

Hi Bunny...glad you hopped on for a quick moment. Hope your fibro is doing ok and you aren't working too hard. Is your mom still planning on moving?

Cherime...cute picture of your GD and her little bud! I take it that she made the cake for him? How Sweet. Sorry, you are still
getting such cold weather. Brrrr!!!

Terri...that is a beautiful bloom. Do you know what the plant is? I know that it is not a primrose. But it sure is beautiful.

I had Bible Study tonight. It went really well. Just one more week and then we are done with our study on James. I hate to have
it come to an end...as it is so good. I will either have to make up 4 weeks of some kind of Study for us for the Month of May
or just call Summer Break a Month Early. We usually go until the first of June and then just turn into a Crafting Group through
the summer...because a lot of us no longer have children at home...so we want to keep meeting for the Fellowship.

I am tired and have to get up early in the morning...so, good night and sweet dreams My Porchies.

Hugs and Snugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 12 2013 01:07:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  06:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Terri and Peggy, love the flowers. Terri I recall how the desert can bloom when there is just a tiny amount of rain.
I am not sure who made the cake. But Ashley's little buddy is the little guy she is babysitting for.
Judy, actually if I can afford heating fuel I don't really care about the snow and cold all that much.
Bunny hope all is well there.
The picture is of one of the mountains, Mt. Drum out where I used to live.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page