Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  3:43:26 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies
i too love lilacs but mine just refuse to give more than one bloom
did everything i was told by a nursery but no luck thankfully my friends
have plenty enough to share... i could sure use a hot tea with honey and lemon
scratchy throat i think its all this rain three days now we are swampy.
luckly i'm not in a flood zone like some here and i'm thankful so that
i like rain once in awhile at night it lulls me to sleep but enough is enough..lol
i take some of those lemon cookies that would cheer me up..
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Addybelle
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrienne
Louisville KY
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Addybelle a Yahoo! Message
Its finally getting into the time of Spring that I can work in the garden and get it ready for my seedlings. I actually live in downtown so people think I'm nuttier than a fruitcake and they are probably right. About 3 weeks ago I ordered 7 chickens. So, as I sit on my virtual front porch and hypothetically look out and see deer wandering through the yard and tons of trees...(here horns honking on the highway and a raccoon in the neighbor's trash)...I sip a glass of red wine and wonder what I'm going to do with 7 chickens scurrying about my yard, scratching up the seedlings, and tormenting my dog. My virtual porch is large and welcome to knitters, crocheters, quilters, and any other -ers. (so is my real one!)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I've never had goat's milk, but I would love to try it. My mom says it so thick and sweet. Adrienne, welcome! I'm a city chick, too, so we can imagine together!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi all: Channah, I'll try some of the goat milk. Never have tried that before. Is it sweet? I'm so happy it is finally Spring.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:28:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm getting late tonight after stringin fence for pea vines and startin all the final prep for planting tomorrow. I got a whole truck load of sawdust today for coverin inbetween the rows with. It should save on the weedin later. I got two blueberry boxes built as well. Tomorrow brings a truckload of manure to mix with the dirt for the boxes and lots of planting. Yea! I love spring!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  8:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls!! The goats milk is creamy and sweet. Theirs plenty! Welcome Adrienne!! So glad you joined us!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  05:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Channah.. have you tried making goat cheese? I love that stuff..no I don't make any, just buy them at the store. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  05:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning to all! And it is beautiful here! I came in late last night and now I'm up and out early this morning. The garden is nearly ready for plantin. I can barely sit here with my coffee. My mornings are usually spent in a haze for 3 or 4 cups of coffee. Spring tends to wake me up before the coffee! I Love Gardening! I Love Spring! Well, now that I've bounced all around the porch like an absolute ninny I'll give up relaxin before my day starts and dash off to the garden! Not even finished with my first cup of coffee! I Love Spring! Bye!

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  08:01:13 AM  Show Profile
Now I'm here on the porch to mope. I just finished the last of my garden prep and my husband reminded me I promised to go to my sister's house and help her do her prep. We have the only tiller in the family. So I guess I'll plant tomorrow. I need chocolate! Is there any brownies left?

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  08:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Channah, do you make goat's milk fudge? OOooo it is heavenly. We use to buy it back in Ohio. We even got dreamsicle flavored. MMmmmm.

My mint is now ready, so we will have tons of iced mint tea.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  08:10:17 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of goats milk fudge. Is there somewhere it can be ordered from? There's no big goat farmers near me.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, How are you all doing today. Amy, I have never made goats milk fudge. Is their a recipe?
Karrieann, yes I have made goats cheese before. hmmm! So good!
There is some more fresh goats milk and I just made some wonderful blueberry muffins.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Contemplating what to fix for dinner and taking a moment to enjoy the porch. There was sleet here just a few minutes ago and the weather is really being prissy, but I'll get my garden in soon when it warms up a bit. We are still having some nights dropping down into the 20's. *sigh* back to reading my gardening books I guess. I'm a big baby and don't like to be pelted with sleet while weeding

Feeling a little under the weather today with a sore throat, but not too awful. While contemplating dinner, I am also contemplating which project to get it to next...ever have one of these indecisive sorts of day? I'll figure it all out over a hot cup of tea!

I hope all of you lovely dears have a splendid day. Hugs to all!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  2:54:20 PM  Show Profile
As I sit here quietly on our shared porch, I wonder if any of you have noticed the wild turkeys feeding just off the end? (I have a picture on my blog for all to see) A hand full of corn for them to feed on while I sip my hot cup of tea, sweetened with the honey from Betty Jo! Thinking it's time to head inside and start dinner. . think I will wait until the turkeys have finished theirs first. . . love to hear them talking to one another! Care to join me?

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  4:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Its been a very windy, cold and now rainy/sleety day here. Its not a real good porch day, but a great around the woodstove day. Everyone is welcome, got fresh cornbread with lots of fresh honeybutter, and hot tea or coffee with fresh cream. I have 4 calfs on the ground now (3 bulls and 1 heifer) and 1 yet to calve, hoping for heifer outs her. One of my bluebutt sows farrowed today and I have 14 living piglets, thats alota ham,lol. Life is good and fair.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:28:00 PM  Show Profile
hi all
its a good night to be on the porch its finally nice here
and cool clear skies iced tea with fresh mint and a blueberry muffin sounds perfect now
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:37:53 PM  Show Profile
I've made a free-form apple pie with a few raisins and dollops of lightly sweetened whipped cream. My Sweetums loved it and we have plenty left! I always seem to cook for an army lol!
Today we have had sunshine, clouds, hail, rain and snow. Hmmmm....must be SPRINGTIME on the Palouse.
Waiting impatiently for the freezing night temps to go away. My garden is singing a siren song!

I just applied for my Heirloom's Forever beginners badge!
I brought a wonderful old quilt to sit under for those of us who are chilly
Working on my embroidery stitches tonight

blessings!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile
I am happy this evening ladies. I am on spring break until Tuesday from my little butterflies of second and third graders. It will be nice to have some down time. so I brought chocolate ice cream for us.

hugs and blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Yummy! Tammy that sounds great. I feel like I've been out of the loop for a few days, My computer went haywire and we just got it back. So glad I'm able to get back with all of you. The weather has been just wonderful today. And if feels so good to set out here with you all and enjoy some nice chocolate ice cream.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Evening Ladies! I spent the day thinking of ice cream! Really! I needed it today. The bank in town registered 83* at 3 this afternoon! I was lovin it! Didn't get as much done as I wanted, but that's what tomorrow is for. I really want to learn to do some of the things you others are doin. Is there somewhere on the site to learn? I'm not sure how to get started. Could a person learn to crochet or knit from a book?

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:44:15 PM  Show Profile
I am glad to spend a spell with y'all.. think that I will turn in. It has been a long day. Some bad and some good. I managed to gather enough wild violets to make 4 batches for Violet Jelly! Tomorrow will be a long day, being the 1st of the month.. it is that time for "Monthly" shopping. I will be sure to remember to get the rest of the supplies for those jellies! Nitey nite Girls! ***HUGS*** all around ... throws smooches.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh my goodness ladies!! It's in the 80s there? We are still in the 40s here. lol I can't believe it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann, I have never heard of violet jelly. I do like sugared violets and violet candy. Is there a recipe you could share for that jelly? My girls are crazy for the violet candy, maybe they'd like the jelly.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Angela, my mom taught herself how to crochet and knit all by herself. She never had anyone teach her how to be a farmgirl like canning, gardening, sewing, crochet, etc. She taught herself pretty much all by herself. She's amazing!! It takes time but you can do it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  06:59:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all. I am sitting with my coffee listening for my youngest to wake this morning. How is everyone's morning going? I'm a little less bouncy this morning.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page