Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  7:20:52 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
just thought I would pop in with my tea and say hello. Tomorrow is our field day for our school. It is track meet with the other Lutheran schools in our area. The kids signed up for events ahead of time and then we go to the field and run I usually get my wings run off trying to keep up with them. They have a blast. I am thanking the Lord when it is over...hahahaha

This week is our last full week of school and then next week we are out...well the kids are the teachers will stay a few more days to close out their rooms and things. I am looking forward to having more time to crochet and work out in my flowers that we might actually get to plant this next week. We won't this week as we have many graduations to attend.

Well I do hope yall have had a wonderful day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  12:06:14 AM  Show Profile

Just sharing another pretty spring flower. We have so many gorgeous Rhoddies around
our complex here. Breath-taking!

Teacher Tammy...don't let those little flutterbies wear you out tomorrow. The end is
coming soon...at least a few months refreshing is near at hand. How is your Bible Study going?
You haven't mentioned it for awhile. Do you still get together with your mom for crocheting?

Cherime...I think you are a very adventurous woman! I have done much in my life too but maybe not
as challenging as some of your escapades. I have often said that if I wrote my life story people
would think it was a Soap Opera...nobody could possibly go through everything I have. And yet...I know
that many have and have more interesting stories than mine. Life can be packed with so many ups and downs,
good and bad choices and challenges that you never thought you would ever have to face. We all have our
story to share don't we?

Wow Becky...19 months...that is NOT encouraging. LOL That sounds like a major accident that he had. I hope
he is much improved now.

CJ6...Francine Rivers Writes Historical Christian Fiction. My very favorite book by her is: Redeeming Love.
Every Christian Woman should read that book. The she had a series called ...The Mark of The Lion (3 books)
very good book. The first book was a little hard to get into at first...but someone encouraged me to stick with
it that I wouldn't regret it...and she was so right. I loved that entire series. She has some that are set in
a more modern setting too. Look her up on Amazon. I think you should add the Zion Chronicles to your daughters
schooling. They were very good.

Lorena...you should be very proud of your DH...that was a very brave thing for him to do. I bet he will be one
tired puppy tonight. That has got to be very hard work.

Terri...I love mysteries too. I haven't read any of Sue Graftons books. And I have never heard of Earlene Fowler...but
I like quilting and knitting reads too. Have you you read any of Marie Bostwicks "Thread" Series? She is a good writer
and those are quilting stories. I have a very wide array of books and authors I like. Not all Christian Authors but
many are. I am reading a good one right now called "Glamorous Illusions" by Lisa T. Bergren (christian author). There
are two in this series...and the other one is "Grave Consequences" I love talking books...one of my favorite pastimes.

OK...off to bed...to do a bit of reading.

Sweetest Dreams My Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  06:53:43 AM  Show Profile
Terri, I have read Fowler and Grafton. Both good. The one that I am asking my son to do the book cover for is a murder mystery also. It is set in the late 1980. The lead singer and guitar player is electrocuted during sound check. The keyboard player feels he has to find out whodoit because he is afraid that his wife may be implicated. I really had a lot of fun with it. I wrote it about 11 or 12 years ago.
Peg. I have often felt as if I were living in a soap opera. You should try writing your story.
Lorena, you bet I would be proud.
TL Tammy, hang in there you have almost made it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  07:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn,

His accident and the surgery that followed has been a long time recovering. He is doing better but even though he is back to work and doing regular things, he must always be mindful of his leg. I worry that he will injury it again so I am always on his case about being careful. But you know men, they think they can do anything, LOL. Anyways he now sleeps in the chair when circulation is a big problem for him. So occasionally he does get to sleep in the bed. It's me now more than anything. I am always worried that I'll roll over and hit his leg and maybe start it bleeding again, so I don't rest well when he is bed. He works nights so that is not too often as it is.

Who has time to read. I started reading the Hunger Games Trio and it is hard with all the things I have going on. I have herbs to transplant today, flowers to put in, painting to do. Although I did get my office/craft room painted yesterday. Today I thought I would take a break, have a cup of tea, visit for a spell before it's back to work. Those flower are really pretty PeggyAnn. I have gardenias blooming off of my back porch for now. Hopefully when I get the front yard area planted I'll have some pretty flowers blooming soon.

Cherime, sounds like a very good book to lose yourself in. I love murder mystery stories the best.

Well duty calls and I had better get busy transplanting my herbs. Have a beautiful day and will catch up with you all later.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  10:52:49 AM  Show Profile
PHEW I got lost again for a bit!

In an answer to the mulberry question a few days ago... they look to me like miniature blackberries. They are very sweet, so you don't need a lot of sugar when you cook with them. They almost remind me of the taste of blueberries, more than anything.

Last year, I used the ones I got in a mulberry crumble. I tweaked a recipe for a raspberry lemon skillet crumble from the magazine, and OH MY it was delicious!

I am considering dumping some into an egg & sugar cake so I can also try out the new Nordicware bundt pan we got for the wedding. One of my coworkers LOVES to buy kitchen stuff and we have talked about Nordicware before, so I was not one bit suprised to see the pan ;)

I didn't get to work IN the garden yesterday... I got carried away cleaning/rearranging the kitchen, but that's okay. It needed to be done. I did, however, start some more new seedlings, and I hope to start another container soon. The seedlings I started in my kitchen window are already taking off!!! Things sprout SO well there! I just hope my little sewing room experiment works as well. I can't start a large batch in my kitchen, or pretty much any other room, because the cats will destroy it, inevitably.

I used empty egg cartons and soil pellets to start some seedlings that I will eventually transfer to the garden. Two types of corn, okra, three types of beans, so far. I'm hoping to start another bean, strawberries, tomatillos, peppers and who knows what else, haha!

Well, ladies, it's nearly lunch time, and I have some errands to run, so I'll be back after a while, if I can!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  11:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Becky...I loved The Hunger Games. I hope you didn't see the Movie first...LOL. There is always time to read girl...always.
I keep books in the bathroom (take a couple extra minutes in there)...I carry books with me everywhere I go...I have a Kindle
so that makes it easier. But even when it was real books...I always had one in my purse. Waiting in line at the grocery store,
Dr.s Office...you name it...I have my nose in a book. And I have always been one to go to bed every night and read for at least
an hour before I turn the lights out.
Praying for your hubbies full recovery. My husband lost three fingers in a Lumber Mill Accident years ago (on his right hand).
There are terrible ways to get hurt in different jobs...so I don't blame you for always cautioning him to be careful.

Cherime...people have told me for years that I should write...(besides my Inspirational Poetry) but the problem for me...is
I would rather read...so, I guess I don't have that burning desire to put my story down or write Christian Fiction or whatever.
I know that there is always another good book waiting out there for me to read. (+:

Ok...off to get something done today.

Back Atcha Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  11:23:50 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - I posted the info to the Museum's Facebook page not my personal one. Part of my job duties was to better utilize the FB and webpage to encourage more visitors and silly me I thought by posting regarding the calf that it would help draw visitors to the Museum to see it. It was just an excuse to get rid of me.

Good news is that as soon as my background check and drug test come back I've got a temp job at Walmart. I also have an interview tomorrow morning for a bank teller position and I haven't heard back on the advocacy position saying they're continuing to look so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a lot of prayers. I sent the job recruiter for that company an email after speaking with her basically giving her 4 soldiers that I'd worked with for the Army and my direct manager at another position to get referrals from. The director at the museum hadn't even been a full 2 months yet but all my referrals I'd worked with a minimum of 3 years and some as many as 6 years. Hopefully that will help balance things back in my favor a little bit.

That tea looks tasty and refreshing. I made up a gallon of my favorite tea this weekend and I'm sipping the very last of it. Already have the next batch cooling. I mix Rose brand black tea (5 bags) and mint (2 bags) together with some sugar for a nice refreshing summer drink. I used up the last of my passion fruit & papaya tea so I need to find someplace to order some more. It tastes a lot like Panera's green tea they sell.

Lorena - I would so love a clothes line and miss my horribly. There's an apartment complex 2 doors down from us that has one that I've never seen anybody use. I'm seriously thinking about seeing if I can contact management to get permission or just hang my stuff out and hope nobody says anything.

Terri - I don't think I've read Fowler's books. I love quilting so I will have to check her out.

Rebecca - Reading can be hard at points. I typically read more in the winter months since I'm not outside. It's one of my biggest pleasures so I try to read a little bit each night before bed if nothing else. I also read when I have time to soak in the tub - it's multi-tasking lol

I have read a couple of Wanda B's books. Might have to check into Grafton's and Bostwick's books too. I like light mysteries. I've got an entire stack of books on various topics that I've been growing and unfortunately not reading so I need to start tackling that stack.
Matt helped a work buddy pick up a couch yesterday and came home with an old Kirby he picked up for free. I had a Kirby and loved it but ex got it in the divorce. Needs to be cleaned up. Looks like somebody vomited on it (shuddering) and needs a new bag. I'll have to check out the insides and make sure everything is clear and not clogged up. So excited! My Bissell is dying. It did well but it's 6 years old and all this pet hair is hard on it.

Last week while I was sitting on the couch reading Oreo started barking. Looked out and there are 2 HUGE wild turkeys walking down the sidewalk just outside our window. Over the weekend they're hanging around the apartment complex 2 doors down so we got some more pics of them. Really wishing I could put them in the freezer but it's not turkey season and no shooting in city limits.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  11:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Here's the recipe I used for making the refried beans.

Crockpot Refried Beans (Recipe from Pinterest)

3 cups beans, rinsed and sorted
1 diced onion
9 cups water
3 1/2 - 4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp garlic
1/8 tsp cumin

Put everything in the crockpot on low for at least 5 hours (I did 7 hours). Drain beans but keep the liquid. Mash the beans with a potato masher and add back in bean liquid as needed. These need to be a little soupy because the beans will continue to absorb liquid. I was able to get 4 pints out of this recipe that I put in the freezer. Personal note: I may toss in some jalapeno peppers next time because I like my beans spicy.

I'm thinking about trying this recipe tonight to go with our tacos. I love Prairie Fire Bean Dip so I'm really hoping this tastes like the restaurant version or at least pretty close.

Prairie Fire (not sure what cookbook I got this from)

1 can refried beans
1/2 lb. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 lb butter
2 Jalapeno peppers, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed fine

Heat all in a double boiler until cheese is melted. Serve with chips or tortilla wedges.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  12:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon girls,
I brought some valentine tea and chocolate chip scones for yall to enjoy. I survived field day with my butterflies. They all did very well. Went home with lots of ribbons and smiles. I am home enjoying a quiet rest of the day and having some tea. The day has been beautiful. My wings are flapping in joy.

Peggy we just finished our study of Paul and now we are trying to decide what direction we want to go for summer. We usually do a short one and then we are planning a retreat/fun weekend for summer too. There will be lots of laughter I am sure.

Love the flowers you have been posting. So pretty.

I am reading crazy love by Francis Chan and The English Tea Club Murder by Laura Childs. Both are keeping me occupied.

Still crocheting with mom but she has been busy so I haven't gotten to learn any new stitches...so I crochet a lot of scarves..hahah but I find it so relaxing I don't mind.

well I am going outside to finish my tea and read. It is not often on a Monday afternoon I am home.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  3:53:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy, I have to admit, I'm jealous! Wish turkeys would come up to our property, but the little Catahoula would just chase them! She's such a pill!!

Almost ready to go home... 11 more minutes till we close.

Been looking up home made cleaning products, and finding some GREAT info... found that I can still use Zote on my laundry AS LONG as it is not too sudsy and mixed with Borax and washing soda. Huzzah! Maybe, finally, we can get our budget on track!

Found a GREAT one for dryer sheets on eHow!! HAS to be good if it calls for a mason jar! http://www.ehow.com/how_12192662_make-ecofriendly-dryer-sheets.html

I'm trying to get back to simplicity in general. I think some times we get so caught up in saving time, that we spend a lot of money on crap.

I'm going to try making my own jerky tonight... some of our good friends got us the seasoning mix and drying racks, and I am TICKLED PINK to try them out!!!

Well, better balance my till and finish getting ready to go. Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  5:34:26 PM  Show Profile
What had happened ...a house caught on fire and set a nearby Marsh on fire. The volunteer fire departments were getting the house under control but needed forestry to take care of the Marsh. There was a piece of equipment that dh was asked to bring down and operate if needed. They didn't need it because the Marsh was wet underneath so the fire didn't go anywhere. The house was a total loss. The owners were from out of state.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  6:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Miranda - My border collies locked their eyes on the turkeys a couple times but fortunately I have them well enough trained that they left them alone. They've done geese herding a bit so they know to wait for a command if I want them to do anything. I was out walking them yesterday and some guys were outside watching the turkeys from their yard when we walked by. The one guy made a comment about how the dogs must not have seen the turkeys so I had to explain that they had but had been a command to leave them. Considering how poorly the dogs around here are trained I don't think he quite got it LOL

I love making my homemade cleaning supplies. Matt brags about my laundry detergent to his family all the time lol. He gets irritated though with my using vinegar to clean with. No idea why. I've tried camouflaging the scent with more EO. For some reason he doesn't get how great a cleaner it is. He keeps telling me to use PineSol or something like it to do the floors with. Lately I've taken to trying to mop or clean the bathrooms when he isn't home so hopefully the scent will be gone before he gets home.

Lorena - that's sad about the house. At least nobody was home. A week or so ago there was a fire in Fargo that killed 2 people.

I got another call today to schedule a phone interview Wednesday afternoon! I so need one of these jobs to work out.

Stopped by the post office and picked up my mail. Forgot I'd ordered another one of the Pennsylvania-Dutch mysteries. I'll read it but they'll probably go right back up on my Paper Back Book Swap account to trade out. I got a wicked bad headache this afternoon. I had been raking earlier so I'm not sure if it was from all the leaf mold I inhaled or what. I drank some Mt. Dew which helped but it's still not gone. Sort of sinus-y. There's a storm moving in tomorrow so that might be triggering it too. Can't afford a severe migraine right now with so many interviews and needing to be at my best. I'm going to try a hot bath with lavender EO in it later.

I tried the bean dip tonight. Not quite the taste I was looking for but I'm getting really close. Needed to up the spiciness of it for our preference but it was good. I added some Frank's Hot Sauce, cayenne pepper, and pepper flakes. I used jarred jalapenos and had to add a ton of them - next time I think I'll try fresh. What I did discover is this dish needs time to meld together - might make it a day ahead and then rewarm it. Both of us at first couldn't figure out why we weren't getting any back heat from it but after it sat for a little bit the heat started coming out. I think I'd cut back the butter to 1/4 cup too as he thought it was a bit too creamy. We both liked it enough that it will probably be our lunch tomorrow with some flour tortillas or chips.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  7:14:00 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Busybusybusy....more like the porch use-to be. I can't catch up with everyones posts. So I'll just jump in and chat.
Patsy&Jim and her 2 girls and their 2 kiddos came for a very short visit yesterday. They are up here again for a couple
of weeks helping Jims dad again.So they came up for a short visit. They only stayed long enough to eat with us and go
visit Mom,took some pictures,then gone again. She may come up one more time before they head for home.Hope so.
Mom has her biopsy on her skin rash tomorrow. Sure hope they can find out what it is. They thought it was ringworm,
but it won't respond to the usual creams. Nothing is ever easy is it?
Mom is still dragging and her ankles are so swollen from all the packing&unpacking..I told her today to take a month off and
just sit and read. She has so many books. That stuff will wait on her.The good fairies aren't going to unpack it for her.
Bad fairies I say!lol
We've had some beautiful weather here too,but we need some rain. It's been really dry for Spring in Ohio.
Well,I'm tired.Think I'll hit the hay early. I don't think I've gotten my energy back to 100% either.
Nite Girlies! *yawn*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Wow you guys.
We are talking about everything from Turkeys, to recipes and refried beans. I AM STARVING.
Back to books:
I also like Nevada Barr. Her character is a female park ranger and all of her stories are set in National Parks. I especially like Firestorm.
I think JoAnn Mapson is an Alaskan also. Have you heard of her Cherime?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  11:55:18 PM  Show Profile
It so sad about the house...I feel badly for the owners.
So many different authors being shared.
PeggieAnn,I forgot to tell you how neat I think it is that you worked at a Christian bookstore. There are a few places that for me to work would not be good and that would be one of them...my paycheck would come home in books...lol!
Miranda,I hope you don't mind but,I thought I'd share the recipe we've been using...
This is what we have been using for the past couple years and I love the fact that it gets the clothes cleaner than any of what we use to buy and is way cheaper. Homemade Laundry Soap
1/3 bar Fels Naptha or 1/2 bar Kirk's Castile (both at Meijers in the grocery area bottom shelf at our store where the liquid handsoap is)
1/3 cup borax
1/3cup washing soda
Large pan
5 gallon bucket with lid
Fill the pan about 1/4 with once the water is hot add the grated bar soap and stir until dissolved...then add the borax and stir until dissolved and now the washing soda and again stir until dissolved. Let cool and once cooled it will have gelled.Sometimes it will gel more than others. Now pour the cooled soap into the 5 gallon bucket and fill the rest of the way with water and stir to mix. Put the lid on.
We use about a tablespoon or two for a large or extra large load. This lasts us at least 3 months sometimes more but,we do alot of laundry.
I also use white vinegar in the wash sometimes as it will sanitize,soften and remove soap residue.
White vinegar is also what we mop with.

We are still waiting for an answer about the loan so if you mind continuing to pray...I thank you.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  12:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Well...Porchies this is like Ol' Times on here. I love when all us hens get on the porch and scratch up some good conversation.

Judy Zobell...if you are lurking get your backside on here and share with us.
We love it when you are on here. Only problem is...you come and then go away so fast.
We have a lot of new gals on here...so, come on...dust your boots off, stuff Walt in the Barn and come sit and chat for awhile. LOL Loved you long email today...I will try to get back atcha in the next day or two.

Terri...I will have to check those two authors out. I love the National Parks idea for stories.

Judy...Isn't the Porch fun today! Yahoo!!!
Well that sister of yours always seems to come before and after moves...you need to have a little chit-chat with her. LOL You gave your mama some good advice...just unpack the books and sit down and rest up with a good read or twelve.

RFM Tammy...wow those turkeys are cool. That one in the front looks like a good size for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Too bad they are out of Season. Bummer!

Wow girl you must like your Refried Beans Busting you taste-buds up. That is some serious Hot Ingredients you put in there. I can feel my mouth burning just reading about it. LOL

Lorena...to bad about the House but it was good the Marsh didn't burn. I still think your DH was a brave soul to be ready willing and able if they needed him. Fighting fires is
scary.

Missus Miranda...Oh, home made jerkey sounds wonderful.
My dad use to go to The Indian Reservation and buy Jerkey from them and we would sit around the table when he got home with bottles of ice cold coke and the jerkey and we thought we were in Heaven. Have you ever had Salmon Jerky? That is one of my favortie.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, bless those sweet little butterflies for being good for you today.

Sounds like you have a couple good reads going to.

Nothing wrong with doing a lot of scarves. If I don't have a major knitting project going, like a shawl, blanket, or afghan then I knit dishclothes every night. I am like you...I just love how relaxing it is. And I can get one dishclothe done in an evening.

Hope you guys find a good study to do for the summer.
Retreats are always so much fun!! I look forward to ours every year. Hope you plan to go.

Ok...well today was quiet on the Home Front. We just did our usual. But enjoyed our beautiful weather. It is suppose to be lovely until Sunday. I hope to go to Church Sunday as Billy Grahams daughter Ruth is going to be speaking.

Ok...off to read...my book is so good!!! Could hardly put it down today.

Hugs & Beautiful Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 07 2013 12:24:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  1:30:26 PM  Show Profile
If any of you read e books and like Amish stories Ashley joy Lowell has written a couple. I don't read e books. Ashley stayed with an Amish family here in Maine and did her research. For her books with them. I know her aunt and remember Ashley as a little girl. Just wanted to let you know. She is a young author.

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  5:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hello fellow readers,
Here is a great site I almost forgot about.
http://www.cozy-mystery.com/Cozy-Mysteries-New-Releases.html
A cozy is a non-violent, non-sexy, simple and sometimes funny story.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  12:19:19 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad that we are finally off the
#666 page of posting. That number always gives me the creeps. One of the Churches I attended in Spokane
(and was Church Secretary for)...when we bought a new bldg...they gave us a phone number with 666 in
it and I called them up and made them change it. I had to explain why but they did change it. LOL
When I worked at The Christian Book Stores if a sale ended up being 6.66 I would always drop one penny
so it would NOT be that number as the total.

Lorena...does Ashley Joy Lowell write only e books? Is she on a Smashwords or Amazon or where? I love
Amish stories.

Terri...as soon as I get off of here...I am going to check out the web-site you recommended too.

Another very lovely day here. Can't believe how blessed we have been with great weather...so early in the
Season. We are all just doing the Happy Dance Everyday.

Bunny...I heard that you got into the 90's the other day. Bet you were loven that? So, nice on the Fibo.

OK...I'm off here tonight early...as DH has a Dr. appt. tomorrow early.

Night sweet things,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 08 2013 12:22:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  01:35:32 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,I had to smile at your comments on the number of the last page...I too am glad we are off that page for the same reasons. :)
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  05:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning I think.
It has been a really hard last couple of days for me. I finally got my office/craft room painted, herb garden started and my veggie garden at least the items that I will be growing this year going. I still have 3 more rooms to paint and carpets to clean and then I can take a break from all that and relax. I think I did not make myself clear the other day about reading. I read only its history, accounting, math, geology, etc books. I very rarely have time for pleasure reading. At night I am reading about gardening, herbs or farming. I have only lived on a farm when I was 12 for a couple of years. One of the foster homes I lived in was on a farm. Ever since they removed me from the foster home and put me in the orphanage I have wanted to go back. That was 44 years ago and I have been trying. My new husband loves the farm life also so we are preparing for the moved in a few years. When we move from Florida it will be to the farm. We are just not sure where that will be as I am doing research on the states we are interested in and will be making a choice within 16 months time so that we can finalize our plans for the initial move. Three and one half years is all we have left before it is "Farm Here We Come."
Well its off to prep the bedroom for painting today. I'll be back when I can sit awhile and enjoy a cup of tea and relax. Until then you all have a beautiful day and remember God Loves You.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  05:49:43 AM  Show Profile
I am glad that yesterday is done and gone.
Ladies 4am Alaska style
Alas I am not a cozy writer. Relationships for me tend to be a bit messy at times and in my past, for some unknown reason, physical. Lord knows that I was a real innocent The first time I got married. But my ex was apparently experimenting at age 12. So, life with him got messy.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile
I think she's on Amazon (Ashley Joe Lowell) will double check.

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  08:50:00 AM  Show Profile
Amazon kindle direct. And her middle name id joy not Joe.

Go to Top of Page

sandylee
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

sandy
sunset south carolina
USA
127 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  8:52:02 PM  Show Profile
I love stories of the Amish. That is really neat that you are associated with the book. I will be looking for it. I am a fairly new farmgirl sister and I still haven't visited all of the forums, just came across this one. Front porch caught my eye. I love front porches. We are building a cabin and are fixing to put the roof on it. So looking forward to sitting on our front porch, just rocking away !!!! I will be visiting often.
Hugs Sandy

"You don't need alot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold."

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalms 100:5
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page