Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  7:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, the job posted today and the college career coordinator is helping me with my resume. My friend gave me her daughter's number (she has the job now) so I could call her and get more information. I have been praying about it and my prayer is essentially "don't give me the job if I can't do it". I am trusting that God will only put me there if it is truly something I can do both mentally and physically. I'll be OK if it does't come through. I'll just know God has another plan in line.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  9:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
My sister is the "TeaSwap-TeaBag" for May. She knows that, but she has been up here giving me moral support. She said that she just had to get to me, that she knew just how stressed I've been. Her SIL was coming up here from Florida, and swung by and got her. So I had her all to myself for 3 whole days. She left this evening. She sat with Mama yesterday while hubby and I went to the dentist. Then he drove me past the Oncologist office that I have to take Mama to on Friday. Mama is really in bad shape. Taking hard-core meds and OTC's in between and still in pain and swollen. I sure hope the doctor can find and fix her problem and not just put a band-aide on it(as sis says). This has to be relieved.
So sorry to see all the problems and stresses on here. Praying for those devastated by those storms.
Bunny, Praying for your possible job.
Peggy, Praying for your poor pup. DID I miss something? What's wrong with your poor little Beetle-Bug?
Ok Porchies...I'm all in. Time for bed!
Nite all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  12:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...
Still no baby...I sent him his 3 day comply eviction notice tonight via his daddy. LOL

Judy...so glad that your sissy came to give you moral support. I am so sorry that your Mama is still in pain. And we are all praying for that appt. on Friday.
My Beetle Bug Sassy has not run for about 2 months. She has some kind of radiator problem that hubby thinks is going to be about 1,000 to fix (if what he thinks is wrong with it...is actually the problem). We have had two apptmnts to take it in to be
looked at...but each time DH has ended up in the hospital. The problem is...it won't start either.
This bug seems to have a problem with Batteries. It has been replaced twice in a year and now needs replaced again.

Then with all the extra costs of the baby coming...Sassy
Bug got sat on the back burner yet again.

We went and had a consultation with the surgeon tonight on Snickers Surgery. We have it scheduled for July 9th. They want $5oo. at the time of surgery and then the rest in $250.00 checks every 30 days until it is paid off. At least they were willing to work with us. Wouldn't it be nice if money really did grow on trees?

Bunny...that is a very wise way to pray about that job.
I did the same thing when I wanted to be the Gift Buyer for 16 Christian Book Stores...and I knew I could do the job...but my gut instinct was that maybe I shouldn't even apply for it...because the stress level was so super high...and I have never been a Corporate Employee Kind Of Gal. I work better being the Boss.
Anyway...I didn't get the job and I was disappointed but knew God had a reason. That was 6 months before I found out I had Fybro/Chronic Fatigue & Arthritis and began struggling just being a Manager at that point and time.
6 months after that...I had gotten so physically bad that I had to quit my job and ultimately go on SS Disability. So, God does honor our prayers...and If you aren't meant to get that job for what ever reason you wont. IF you do get it...It means God will equip you to do it.

Terri...yeah, pooh on "Separation of church and State".
When the rubber meets the Road...it is all about God!!! It wasn't the State that was going to save them from That Storm.

Teacher Tammy...wow girl, you are one busy gal...shampooing all those carpets. Whew...makes me tired just thinking about it.

Didn't you have a Kindle E-reader? How do you like the Nook? I have a friend whose husband just bought her the Kindle Fire HD and I was checking it out last week...and I think I drooled all over it before I gave it back to her. It was so Nice. Hope you like your Nook, I have friends that really like theirs.

Well...I am like Judy, I am all tuckered out. I did major grocery shopping this morning and then came home and prepped food for 2 hrs. Then had the meeting with the Vet and then came home and made dinner and watched a few TV shows and knit. Now...my bed is calling my name.

More tomorrow lovely ladies.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 23 2013 12:42:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  07:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shanda I was so glad to hear that you are okay. I can't image the terror you must have felt thinking it might come your way. Have you in my prayers daily.

Peggy Ann that bassinette is so cute. You know babies are just plain stubborn. You can send them all the eviction notices you want but until they are ready, they will just stay in their nice and warm little places until they are curious enough to see what trouble they can get into and then they will come out. Hopefully soon.

Bunny, I agree with Peggy Ann that if the job was meant to be it will. If not guess what girl, there will be something so much better, you just need to be patient. That is a tall order for some of us. I know it is for me.

Tammy, you have been as busy as me. I have painted my house and only have one room left. However, my body said no more and it just quit. I have taken a resting period for this week and will finish the job this coming Monday. Then I shall celebrate a job completed. Home you have fun planned after you complete your carpet cleaning. You deserve it.

I feel kind of guilty. I have taken the last three days off and done nothing but sit in my chair and work with my crafts. I took the summer off from college and the first three weeks, I painted the house. Body said enough was enough and just quit. I was so tired that even eating was a chore. Yesterday was the first day that I felt I had any energy. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Monday to finish the painting job as it is oil based paint for the kitchen cabinets and hubby sleeps during the day and works the graveyard shift and I need to open the house up. So Monday he is off and that is painting day. Then the painting job is done. Well I have to finish the laundry before he goes to bed so I had better get back to work. Take care my porchee friends and I'll return soon.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  08:58:01 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I agree totally with your comment about my job. There is a part of me that isn't sure I want to work that hard. It sounds like plenty of overtime hours. However, I also know my fibro didn't act up until I moved here. So I'm wondering if moving would eliminate most of my symptoms. Only God knows.

I went to a career development event at the college yesterday. I was the only one to show up. So I got one on one with the career counselor. He told me to send him my résumé and the job description and he would send it out to other carrier counselors for rewritten suggestions. If nothing else, I'm giving myself a jump start for other jobs that come my way.

Peggy, I laugh at baby not arriving yet. I remember years ago when I lived in California there was a pizza parlor that advertised a baby pizza. A woman and her husband came in for dinner one night with the same issue. Baby was late. They went home and she delivered that night, they laughed about it and decided it was the pizza. So maybe she needs to go have an extra flavorful pizza to chase baby out.

Judy, so worried about Momma. I hate to think your lovely Momma is in pain. I hope the doctors and help and soon!
Glad your sis is there. Sounds like you are all pretty close.

Sorry I jabbered on too long about myself and now have to et ready for work and school.

Later everyone. Have a wonderful day!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  09:20:32 AM  Show Profile
Blessings all. Must make this one short as have a bunch to do today. I read everything and as hoping all goes well for everyone.
Thought I would give an update on a couple of things. First my Grand Darling Daughter had an EEG and all is normal. But since she has seizures they are going to give her anti-seziure meds. She is due for an MRI in two weeks. We shall see if anything comes of that.
On that little 5 year old boy, the one GDD was babysitting, he is still in the mental hospital but supposedly doing better. His mom is getting no help or support from the Dad or any family on either side. GRRRRR! She and GDD put me on the visitation list so I could drive into Anchorage and visit him. He asked GDD if it was ok to call me Grandma. Of Course!! Looks like I have been adopted. They say that he has one side of his brain bigger than the other. I am praying that everything become normal for that little guy and that his mom finally gets the job that she is hoping for.
Anyway Peg, what is the vet going to charge for that surgery? I sure wish I were closer as I would take a look at the VW for you and see if we couldn't get it straightened out. As to the electrical. That usually means there is a drain somewhere. Not always but about 50% of the time the alternator is not working properly and winds up draining the battery. You might check it at night and see if any lights are on that shouldn't be.
Take care all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  2:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I had planned on having an easy day today but we awoke to a busted pipe splurging like a fountain in our basement. Talk about water. So we spent the day getting it fixed and the water softner replaced and now I am drying out the floor so I can clean the mess it left behind. It has been a long day. hopefully tomorrow we can finish cleaning it and then I am taking some time to rest before I finish cleaning the carpets in the last two rooms.

Peggy I love my nook tablet. I have always had a nook didn't really like the kindle and so I gave my simple nook to mom and I have the nook tablet. Love it.

Judy praying for your sweet mama and so glad your sister was there to be moral support.

Bunny I love how you taking the job and giving it to God. I will keep praying.

Well I am off to have some tea and see what I can do to get the basement manageable until it is dry.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  3:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, that reminds me of a problem I had with my truck. It was draining the battery and turned out to. E the seat belt sensor. It was a box under the middle if the front seats. The auto place found it easily with a meter.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  9:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Porch Sisters!

Just got back from camping with my new-to-me camper. Late but hopefully I'll soon be able to load some pictures and tell you about my holiday from stressville.

Hugs to all. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  11:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hello my Porch Sisters!
Finally I can return for some good sisterly luv! I pray I never have to do all that nasty chemo again. My eyes are
still a little wacky and some days I can't see well enough to get online.
Thank you all for the prayers, cards and gifts during my ordeal. I was truly blessed by the selfless outpouring and
love I received.
I tried to read back to catch up but only could read a few pages so I will go from here.

Hello to the new ones that I haven't met yet.

Peggy, hope your GB gets here soon and occupies that cute bassinet. Poor doggie! These vets sure know how to charge
don't they? How are the GD's?

Judy, so sorry for your mother. I put her on our church prayer list. Email me her address please. My heart breaks for you too!

Bunny, your dress is beautiful. You are so talented. I can attest to that from the quilt you made me. Thank you again. I love it!
God is in control and be at peace as you let him take the lead. How has it been going with your mother?

TLT, What a mess all that water! How are your twins?

Cherime, I didn't knw you were an author! You sure are a jack of all trades. Are you thawed out yet?

Shanda, Scary. Glad you're ok.

Was in bed, couldn't sleep. I'll try again. So glad to reconnect again. I love you all and missed the porch.
I left some blueberry muffins and lemon ginger tea over on the table for you to enjoy when you get up. I meet you
then.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  12:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Cherime...wish you lived closer too...I know you could probably fix my car. Believe it or not my DH use to be a mechanic years ago...
before everything went to computerised. And he never worked on foreign cars. The battery is an easy fix...that he can handle but it is the bigger financial problem that we must wait for $$ to fix. But the dog takes priority over the car...so we will wait.
Oh...doesn't it just thrill your heart when I child wants to adopt you??? I love that. He just got himself a good grandma!!!
Hope GDD MRI goes well and we will keep praying about those seizures.

Teacher Tammy...you are suppose to be having Vacation time...not cleaning up the entire house on your first week off. Poor Lady...Hope you get some relaxing in there somehow. You may have to go out to the barn and hide out with your Nook. LOL (do you have a barn?)

Bunny...it sounds like maybe you really benefitted from being the only one at The Job Fair.
Kinda of Sad for those who set up for that Event...but good for you.

Kimberly...I was just thinking about you today. Glad that you managed to get away from Stressville for awhile.
Can't wait to see the pictures.

Darlene...Well, blow me away Girlfriend...how Great to have you back on The Porch!!!
Come as often as you can...we have lots of catchin up to do.
Sorry to hear that your eyes are still affected by your ordeal. And we are all with YOU when it comes to praying you never have to go through all that again....EVER!!!
DIL & Son had their midwife apptment today...still just dilated to 3 but they scraped the membranes today...hoping to start some further progress. Her next apptment will be Tues. if she goes that long. If she does, then they will schedule to induce her next Wed. or Thurs.

Sorry you had a bad night with sleep...it gets the best of us sometimes...but thanks for leaving the Blueberry Muffins and Lemon ginger tea!

Happy As Pie that you're back!!!

Well, my days seem to be draggen just wanting for baby Elijah to get here...you would think I'm excited or something. LOL Even DH is starting to get anxious.

Had craft group tonight...but I was achey, tired and a bit on edge for some reason. I left about a half hour early for home...as I don't do very good driving at Night in heavy rain.

Off to bed to relax and unwind and hopefully sleep better than sister Darlene.
More tomorrow ladies. Remember to Keep Judy and Patsy's mama in your prayers.

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  07:06:25 AM  Show Profile

Took that picture at 10:30 last night. Gets dark at about 1 or 1:30 now. Starts getting light at about 3:30 am
Hi Darlene, good to have you back. I have been writing stuff for over 30 years. Had no place to put stuff. Now that I can publish ebooks I have been getting all the stuff I have written over the years into smashwords.com.

Peg and Bunny. I know about the electronic problems these days. It is almost impossible to fix anything with out expensive equipment. I just got a book done about a woman who is fleeing an abusive relationship. She meets a mechanic who knows that if he cannot buy the spendy equipment he will have to close his shop. I set it in 2001 as there were still quite a few cars left in Alaska that were barely electronically controlled.

I went to see that little boy Riley at lunch time visitation yesterday. There are quite a few children in that mental hospital. sad, sad.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  08:48:48 AM  Show Profile
Darlene!!!! So glad you are back! I have thought of you so many times hoping you were OK.

More good news with the job stuff. My friend said I could use her as a reference. She is the CFO of an electrical company. I'm hoping this will at least get me an interview. My accounting teacher ( the pain in the you know what one) also said I could use him. We are just the best buds now...(that I'm not taking any of his classes). But it does look good on a resume.

Still praying this is something I can actually do. I'm no spring chicken and I know I defiantly don't learn as fast as I use to. And God does put me in some awful predicaments. It would be so nice to just have a great job that I can do well for the next 10 to 15 years.

Anyway, time for work. And....Whoooo Hooo Darlene!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  11:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,

Darlene...oh girl it is so good to see you back on here. I pray you never have to go through that again. My twins are doing great. Just turned 17 about two weeks ago. They keep me on my toes.

Bunny great news on the job progression. I just feel God is taking you one step at a time. I will keep praying.

Peggy I am almost as anxious as you for this grandbaby to come. Love hearing you talk about your sweet ones.

Kim so good to see you here. Can't wait to see pictures.

Today I have taken the day off from work..yikes no broken pipes..no cleaning carpets. The basement is still mess but we need it to dry up a bit and then hubby said he would help me clean it up. So today I have had morning tea, read some, and just been leisurely. Feels good and yes Peggy we do have barns..but don't think sons would let me in their territory...their guy cave...ahahhaha

well ladies I was thinking of yall so thought I would pop in.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  11:42:48 PM  Show Profile

Porchies,
Contractions have been off and on all day...going to go get some sleep in case I get that middle of the Night Call.
Love You All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  11:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Oh my dear friends, Thanks for all the kind words. I missed you so much. Feels soooooo good to be back. As you can see
I am still awake!

Any swaps going on?

Went to a bookstore today and everything was half off the already low prices. I bought 2 Jesus Calling leather Bibles that were
marked by manufacturer $60.00 and original price there was $25.00 so I paid $12.50. They are so beautiful. I love the Cristian
book area. Got some Beth Moore and Patsy Clairmont. I also love listening to audiobooks and I paid $2.50 for them. They are usually very expensive. Really was a Godsend that I had some to listen to when my eyes were really bad.

Wasn't going to plant a garden but the bug got me and I bought some veggies today. It's still like winter here! Brrr!!!

I started using my bread machine again and don't buy any bread. There's something in bread that is a plastic substance and the only one without it is Pepperidge Farm. So I will leave an Italian herb bread and some whipped butter so you can tell me if you
like it. My GS loves it and calls it heavenly bread!LOL! I had him make it for dinner when he was here and then make a loaf
for his mother for Mother's day.

My Jackie is now completely blind and on 2 eye drops to keep her eye pressure down. Remember they wanted to take her eyes out?
That's never happening! She gets along fine. She's my sweet angel. You know how protective we mother's are with our kids? I do
believe I'm worse when it comes to Jackie! Don't mess with mama's Girl!LOL!

Always pray for you girlfriends!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  08:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello fellow porchies. Long time no read. Been busy with company,planting my veggie garden and right now my ds is cuddling while I'm typing this on the Droid. Trying to hem my dh 's cutting chaps by hand. Ever sew through Kevlar with a hand needle? Not fun. And I can't sew for beans. We've had almost 5 inches of rain this week. Going to go through ds 's summer clothes from last year. Anyone know of a.family in the Oklahoma tornado area that needs 4-5 t boys summer clothes? Get me a physical address where I can send them as they will be shipped ups. First come first serve. Email me or message me here. Have a good week.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  09:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I'm new here to the Virtual Porch Sitting site, and it's been awhile since I've been on the MJF site, I've just been so busy but who isn't' eh :) We moved here to the country with our youngest child, who graduated from high school and now after raising our children we are empty nesters. We live on 20 acres and are turning our place into a regular farm. We make maple syrup in late winter early spring here and plan to grow grapes to sell.
Darlene, I always make my own bread and with my bread machine, there's nothing like it. I also don't put any sugar if it calls for it, I add either honey or some of our maple syrup.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  09:51:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Let me catch you up on where I have been...first I started with a uti 2 weeks ago and 3 days later my 18 year old became sick(bad headache,dizzy,upset stomach,side pain. off and on fever and slept for 3 days straight) By Friday last week she was starting to feel better and Saturday...I crashed! Fever and did nothing but sleep all weekend. Really early Monday morning I woke up and made hubby get a fan(he thought I was nuts)I fell back to sleep for a couple hour woke again and was feeling a little better as the fever broke. Went back to sleep and when I woke again,upset tummy and fever...blech!So basically I have spent the last week running a fever of just under 102 to 103.8 and sleeping. Eating frozen blueberries and drinking blueberry juice and water and fresh lemon and water. Finally yesterday I started feeling a little more me.

Oh and guess what? Yesterday the realtor finally caught up with the seller and got the contract signed!! Loan officer got the copy,sent to who she needed and called them asking for them to hurry it. She said she'll call next week with the closing date!
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I have been SO distracted, and busy, and wishing I were here more. So everyday I have gotten closer for a week now. I (admittedly in part to aging..I am 61) could not remember where I had posted before, and had to search the forums for the familiar. I so want to post photos of the things of which i speak, reminding me I need to look up whether the posts automatically read html..(does not turn on by clicking) and forum which is on does not support img src urls...without creating a news article, let me just say one thing leads to another, and I end up working on my crafts!
So thought I would pst my web address (in Dire need of being made over!) http:\\ww.christenrosamilia.com ...
Also my best and favorite source for a huge abundant supply of free patterns: http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/xstitch.htm
Have any of this month's cards been posted? Thank you. May the strength of the LIGHT be your best friend, and the manifestation of it's will your greatest satisfaction. With a warming smile, Christen

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  11:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Christen,
I am glad to see another CA farmgirl!!
Grand Terrace isn't far from Hemet is it?

Healing Touch Darlene,
I am a book lover and gardener too. You got some great deals. I haven't seen the "Jesus Calling" bible but I have seen the little book. I will have to look for that.
Terri
# 4720
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  12:11:23 PM  Show Profile

Hey Terry! Yes i live right where the 10 meets the 215 (which turns into the 91 just a few miles from here...near Riche Canyon. Butt up against Blue Mt. Where the Orange Orchard (of the crate label) used to be.

I first lived here in 1959 for several years, and have returned! Funny how things come round like that sometimes.

As mentioned I stopped by here before, and it was kinda like a labyrinth getting back. Do you do much gardening? I am currently working up a cross stitch, from that antique pattern source, for my granddaughter. It is a may dance ... May post it at some point. Also do gardening, paper crafts, crochet, graphics and used to build a few websites, love to photograph esp. Macros, and catch people off guard..am good in photoshop.

Just had my first grandbaby! Am attempting to post her photo here.... Would love to know about your interests. I read old posts, but don't have the time to make a project of it. Many interesting people here tho, i know that much... It is lovely today on the porch. The morning chill is still creating a need for a throw over my feet. Coffee is warm still. Help yourself-

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  1:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Christen,
Pour me a cup with everything in it.
I retired in October and moved from Orange County, where I lived my whole life, to Hemet to be close to my sister who has lived here 40 years. I like horseback riding, gardening, quilting, watercolor painting, photography and reading. I am lucky to have moved into a mobile home whose previous owner was a voracious gardener. I have 2 Navel orange trees, a tangerine, an apple, a peach and 24 rose bushes.
There are bulbs planted everywhere so I never know what is going to pop up. I am getting a 6-n-1 pear tree this summer. It is at the nursery rooting now.
You aren't that far from me, maybe we could meet sometime at Tyler Mall or something??
Nice to get to know you,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  2:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Christen....your granddaughter is beautiful! Welcome to the porch!! :)
if you are having a problem locating a thread when you return....go to the top right-hand side of this page and click on 'Subscribe to this topic'.....then it will be in your own que and you can find it each time you return.

Kim...glad to see you on the porch! I have been gone for a while but catching-up and see you are going through some unpleasant turmoil....prayers for you and the kiddos :).....hope things smooth out soon.

Bunny....lots of goods thoughts out there for you!

Peggy.....I am anxious to see your bassinette with a that lil' guy in it! Gosh everyone is having boys! My niece just had a son and my other niece is pregnant with a boy! Wow this is the year of another baby boom!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on May 25 2013 2:08:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  08:30:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Hope everybody is having a relaxing Sunday morning. I have to work 12 to 9 today so I'm trying to get things done despite M* telling me not to worry about it. While he was out picking up breakfast supplies I managed to pickup, dust, and vacuum the living room and my room (aka the parlor). Dogs woke me up at 6:39 as usual stretching in preparation of the alarm going off and then the alarm went off at 6:45 because someone forgot to shut off the alarm (and it wasn't me) so I gave up trying to sleep in. Yesterday I was so exhausted from working so much all week that I just sat in my recliner with Oreo (my jack-a-poo) and sometimes Moo (my cat) watching back-to-back episodes of Longmire on Netflix. It's a western crime drama I've been watching in the mornings on A&E - unfortunately I typically have to leave before the show is over so I never know how it ends. Also got M* started watching it yesterday. The sad thing was I was so mentally tired I couldn't even pick up my crochet to work on like I typically would while watching tv. Thankfully I feel much more mentally relaxed this morning so it worked.

For all of the mystery reader fans - this week I read Pedigreed Bloodlines - a Leigh Dennison Mystery by Sandra Robbins. It was a pretty good storyline and I would definitely recommend it for a light mystery read. It revolves around the owner of a dog kennel being killed so lots of dogs in it. I read this book at work on my breaks. I started reading Blackwork by Monica Ferris yesterday and have nearly half of it done already.

It's been raining like crazy here for the past week. I'm beginning to think I might need to build an Ark. I'd planned to take a walk after supper with the furkids but the wind picked up and rain was moving in so I wasn't able to get out and walk with them. It's supposed to rain through Tuesday if reports are correct so I won't be walking or riding my bike for a couple more days. I live so close to work that I've planned to ride my new bike to work instead of driving to save money but the weather just won't cooperate. M* had to get on the roof yesterday and chalk up some seams. We discovered water all over the top of the stove last week after a really bad storm front had gone through. We discovered a leak in the corner of the cabinet above the stove which we figured was coming down the exhaust pipe on the fan. He also found 5 holes that hadn't been sealed from where he thinks an antenna or satellite dish was secured to the roof so he sealed those up before they caused problems. While I was keeping an eye on him on the roof I realized a bird kept flying in and out from right under the peak of the roof in front so he had to get some wire to prevent the bird from continuing to build a nest there.

I received a voicemail Thursday while I was at work wanting to set up an interview for the state hospital position. I called her back Friday but unfortunately had to leave her a voicemail. Please keep me in prayer that if this is a good position for me that it will work out.

Bunny - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how rough this is on you.

Darlene - So glad you're back but sorry to hear you have had such complications from your treatment. How do you feel otherwise?

Well I need to get my laundry switched out and get ready for work. Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page