Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Leavensworth Pictures!!!

Willkommen to Leavensworth!

The streets of Germany.....oops I mean Leavensworth Washington USA!!!!

Mini golf in Leavensworth. Even the mini golf course is incredible.

Live authentic music in our favorite restaurant Andreas Keller. Seriously, it is AUTHENTIC and so beyond good. And the music had us dancing!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  10:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Pictures from our first camping trip to the coast. We went to Mount St. Helens, Long Beach and on the way back checked out museums and such. I'm hoping to make camping a huge part of our lives. So many places to see so much fun to be had.

Going to the beach!

Go Cart races.

A great view of the ocean.

Lighthouse we got to explore

Our rig with a view of the Columbia River

Enormous antique engine

Museum

One of the cool statues on the grounds of the museum.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Great pictures. I am getting the travel bug!!!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  2:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...great pics of Vacation Time!!!! I am not a huge fan of the Washington Coast but I love the Oregon
Coast. You got really good shots of places in Leavenworth. I have done that Mini Golf every time we have gone
there too!

Patsy...got your Tea Today. It took awhile because you had my old address. I had posted an update on that but
you must not have gotten it. Thanks for the Recipe. I love Lavender Cookies but I have never made them before...
now I can try out your Recipe. The Jasmine tea...I had never had before until Bunny sent some a year ago. It is
sooooo good. Now I can have some more. Thanks So Much! I know your life has been crazy with DH & Mama...etc.

Will check back in tonight. Blessings All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  3:08:39 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
just popping in for a moment. My grandson is here so he is keeping me busy. I will be sending out the June tea next week. Just wanted to say hi.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...have fun with the grandson...making Memories.

Here is a picture of my DH holding his Grandson Elijah for the first time.

Don't know why it's coming side ways but sorry you have to kink your heads. LOL

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 12 2013 3:27:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  4:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing vacation pics, Kim! They are beautiful. The children beautiful as well! Looks like a great time.

Peggy, great pic of DH and Elijah. Love those gpa and gbabe pics! Also love your Snickers stroller. What a caring mom you are.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  5:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Judy!!!! I just LOVE your biased-ness! ;) Praise the LORD!!

Kimberly- That looks like a very cool place to visit! I have always wanted to vacay in WA!

PeggyAnn- Elijah is precious and your DH looks so proud!

PS- Should I be on a tea list or something?? :)

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - DandeeRose on Jun 12 2013 5:25:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  11:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Alicia...you can check with Judy (the funny one) *giggle* and see if she has any other vacant months to fill in.

We maybe full up until next year as we only do 12 gals (one for each month).

OK...girl, heard that a lot of you are going to be in really bad weather the next few days (including today). I am
praying for you all. We had a tree come down on two cars today in our Apartment Complex. The damage didn't appear to
be as bad as it could have been. We are getting a lot of rain...and with the soggy ground and high wind...it doesn't
make for a good outcome.

Tired tonight because of all the systems coming in and out. Fibro and Fatigue is out of control. Will be back tomorrow.

Hugs and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  08:29:06 AM  Show Profile
Ok, big hissy fit alert! My whole post just disappeared! Not doing again. Just know I said nice stuff to everyone and now it's all gone!

New job interview tomorrow, wish me luck.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  08:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Bunny I can almost see you stomping your foot at your computer. Good luck on the interview.

A beautiful day here. Dear grandson is watching mickey mouse so I thought I would sneak to the porch. He is going home tomorrow. His sweet mama is missing him terribly and poor Grandma here got in trouble for not having him call last night. We were busy having fun in my defense.

Peggy such a beautiful grandson.

Judy praying for you and your mama.

well I best skedaddle it is apparently time to go outside.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  12:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Bunny ...praying for you. Is this a second interview with the same company or a different interview totally with a new
company? And girl I feel your pain on the big "Hissy Fit"! It can just put you in the worst mood can't it?

Tammy...we grandmas get in all kinds of trouble do we not? LOL I have a plague on my Refrigerator that says
"What Happens at Grandmas stays at Grandmas." I'm always doing something to upset the parents...so now I just
point to my sign and shake my head. My youngest son said, that they wouldn't have all these rules and regulations
they would just let Grandma have her fun. I asked him if he would sign that in blood. (+: He laughed and said,
" No Mom, as long as you don't feed him meat I'm good with everything else." He lied!!! He and Sadie are far
worse than Chris and Faith. I knew I should have got all that "I Promise" stuff in writing. LOL

OK Girlies...more later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  1:32:57 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everybody! I'm finally starting to adjust to being so active at work although my feet still feel somebody has used them for a punching bag and then stabbed needles into them after I get done but hopefully that will eventually settle down too. The man and I finished putting up the shed this week. I may purchase a pair of crocs to see if that helps since I can't wear my Birks. It was a definite feeling of accomplishment for him to get it done since he did most of the work by himself. He has good reason to pat himself on the back lol Now to get the walkway put in.

Judy - Wonderful news about your mother!!!!! I am so happy for you.

I'm enjoying my day off today :O) Sitting back watching Wolf Lake marathon and working on the afghan. I was devastated when they cancelled Wolf Lake. Loved the dark mysteriousness of it and who doesn't love Lou Diamond Phillips. I did get the bathroom cleaned and mopped and the bedroom dusted and vacuumed. Orange chicken is simmering in the crockpot for supper (yum). I was reading a book I downloaded last night "At Least You're in Tuscany". Unfortunately my tablet wasn't fully charged and died :O( so now I'm recharging and will continue later tonight. I just got 3 Veronique Vienne books in. I love her writing. Has anybody else read her books? I'll start on those after I get this one done.

Well the day is warming up and I think I need a glass of iced tea. Hope everybody is having a great day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  2:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Cute pic of Grandpa and Elijah, Peggy. Snickers is mighty luck to have such a cool mom.....love the stroller! :)

Kim....your pics are absolutely delightful. I miss campin' with my kids! Your young'uns are so adorable. Sorry your in a situation that you have to attend a Divorce class...EXCUSE this next comment....but there is a 'fool' in your life that has NO idea what he is missing now and in the future. Prayers on the house and your desired outcome. :)

Judy...terrific news....but damn the doctor! We were once told my Grandmother had stomach cancer and then he had to tell us a week later that it wasn't so. Such a horrid time when they give you this horrendous misinformation1! Anyway......I am so glad for your Mom and you and your sis!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening gals. I am so glad about your mother Judy. Believe in the power of prayers and the Lord and all will come out according to his plan and for the good. Besides I believe she still has more to do upon this Earth and God just isn't ready for her yet. So enjoy your time and praise God that he has answered everyone prayers especially yours.

Bunny I so feel for you and interviewing. I hate interviews especially the waiting afterwards. It seems to me that if they like you they should just hire you on the spot. Keep a stiff upper lip and all will soon come out well.

Kim the pictures are really nice. It has been so long since my husband and I went on a vacation that I think it is time we did. Looking at your pictures gives me the itch to go someplace. I can feel my feet already prancing for a journey. Soon I hope.

Peggy Ann, what an adorable little baby boy. Your dh looks like he is having the time of his life. I want a grandbaby. Maybe soon. I keep asking my daughter if she is planning one yet and keep getting a no. So maybe she will have that clock ticking soon and give me one.

Not much going on around here. Working on a few gifts before I need to go out and start preparing my new garden bed. We asked our next door neighbor if we could use his backyard as we have a very tiny one and finally received the go ahead. It's a small plot but it is a start. Oh the work that is ahead of me now on this. But it will be nice to be outside in the mornings working on the plot getting it ready.

Well until later, have a lovely evening. Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Becky that is very nice of your neighbor! What a blessing!!

Last week we brought a nubian doeling home from a farm auction. Tomorrow we are heading back to look for a friend for her! Its so exciting!! :) Last week it was "date" night. This week we are taking the kids. They are so excited!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  12:13:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Thanks for all the comments on my grandson. I am so happy that my husband finally held him. You could tell by how he was beaming that he is now totally in love with this precious child. Before he was just admiring him from a distance...like he thought he would break him or something.

Well girls I have a wonderful blessing from God that I want to share with you. I always arrive at Bible Study a bit early so I can visit a few minutes with the gal whose house we have study at...before everyone else shows up. She is one of my very best friends...but she has been struggling a lot lately since her husband retired. So, I give her a few minutes to vent and we share back and forth about what God is teaching her through this new transformation in their lives. Well, tonight when I got there...we hugged and shared a few minutes of chit chat and then she handed me an envelope with my name on it. And I asked what it was...and she said that she just wanted to help with the cost of Snickers surgery...and it was just between her and me. (In other words she didn't want the other gals to know about it.)
When I opened the card there was $400.00 inside. I think I gasped and cried at the same time. I told her I couldn't take that money. And she said, Yes, I prayed about it! Wow...I was speechless (and you know me I always have something to say).

But her and her husband are just like Larry and Me...they are now on a fixed income too. But she has her own online business...and she shared that God had really been giving her some great months on her business...so, she wanted to help me out because she loves me and knows how much Snickers means to me.

I would always rather be on the giving end of a blessing...not the receiving end...because it is so humbling. But I really have been thanking God all night...because I just did not know where the money was going to come from for this surgery. I knew God would provide but I never imagined it would be from the loving heart of my friend!
We had saved up
$250.00 towards the surgery...but when my tooth fell out this week. A chunk had to be used for that repair.
And then a bill came due...that we couldn't put off and that took the rest of it. But again today we had said, "God will provide."

I just had to share with you all that huge God Moment. It is beyond my comprehension how he blesses us through others like he does.

It has been an evening of Spiritual Overload...so, I am just going to go to bed now...and just keep praising God and thanking him for my
wonderful and giving friend.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 14 2013 12:18:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  05:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Wow Peggy. I am so amazed at God's hand in everything!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  07:45:14 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, this is for a new job. I'm interviewing at the college here for an accounting job.
I didn't hear from the CA job. I'm sure I'll get the standard rejection letter soon.

Besides, I had to give a large portion of my money from my fabric sale to my mom to fix her car. Her head gasket was going. If she didn't have a car, I would have to driver her everywhere for ever. She would have never been able to save up that much money. So I guess no CA for me for a while at least.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  09:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I am just finishing up packing my grandson's things up as he returns home today. I was good last night and made sure he got to talk to his mama. My one son had stitches last week in his leg when the weed eater got a bit crazy and cut his leg. He was very lucky. So he is getting his stitches out today. His twin said finally the daredevil gets stitches. I had to chuckle it is usally him and he is so careful.

I have enjoyed my grandson but I am ready for my routine and I have lots of items on list for school. I work in the summer getting ready and already have 20 students for next year...was told I could have 22 and I thought we are going to have lots of butterfly wings flapping I best get a bigger pair of clippers. My room is small so hubby is trying to help me get it arranged.

I go to San Antonnio the first week of July with our youth group as chaperone with my twins. I am looking forward to going back home. My hubby is worried I will come back talking more southern than I already do and he is going to put in my bathroom floor and ne roof. he thought that was best time seeing I couldn't tell him how to do it. I just laughed.

Peggy God is so good isn't he? I think that is a beautiful blessing.

Judy so glad to hear about your sweet mama.

Bunny praying for your job to come through.

I will be sending out your tea next week. I ordered some tea from Harney and Sons and they sent me a ton of samples so some of yall will be getting those with the tea I had ready. I am not sending any loose tea as I don't want the post office to think I am sending something illegal or have it break in the envelop.

Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  12:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Mama's Home...Mama's Home....*giggle*
She's wore out, but so happy to be home!
I left her so she could lay down. She can't shake that headache and still has pains to deal with, but the lump is almost gone.
PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD! She can deal with pains in the comfort of her own home. I'm glad to settle down a bit too! Since she lives right up the street, it's easier for me to look in on her and do for her too.
She goes back in 3 weeks to get another in-office treatment of chemo.
Thank you again Gals for the Love and Prayer that you've shown my "Sweet-Mama!"
She thanks you too!
More later!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so glad Momma is home. It is nice to sleep in your own bed when you don't feel well.

Tammy, spoil them and send them home! I'm not a grandma yet but that's what I would do.

I think my interview went well. They asked me why the should hire me. I told them because I'm awesome! They laughed. I then told them they should because it would make me a success story for the college. That they had enough confidence in the education they provided to hire me and allow me to give something back. How's that for through ins back to them... Great little guilt trip with a little sunshine added as good measure. I'll know next week. They have one more person to interview next week.

I need this one!

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  11:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Tea Lady Tammy...so nice when the little ones go back home. It is fun to have them but man they can wear you out too.
That is the fun of being a Grandma...Spoil them until they stink and then send them back. LOL

Judy...thanks for the updated Tea List. Got it! Made Copies...but not 10 this time. LOL So glad that Mama is back home.
It is better to be at home that is for sure. Easier for both of you.

Bunny...great answers to their question about hiring you. Hope you get the job. That was so nice of you to help your mom
with getting her car fixed too. You're a good daughter!

Not much happening here today. Went and made the first payment to the Vet today. That felt good...thanks to my sweet friend.
Also picked my first zucchini today. They are striped. If they were round they would look just like a watermelon. Haven't
eaten yet. Just want to look at it for a day or two. LOL

OK girlies...hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband is driving to Salem tomorrow but I think I will stay home and get
some crafting stuff done.

More tomorrow...Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  08:30:46 AM  Show Profile
ROFL, Bunny, you are so funny girl! "I'm Awesome! Pick Me, Pick Me"
Mama said that she and her cat, Charlie, slept pretty good last night. She was giggly and chipper this morning. She even sang a little
"Wild, Wooly West" ditty! Everybody is amazed at her attitude. She just tells them, "whatever will be will be, it's in God's hands!"
What A Mama! LOL
Well, you tea ladies should have gotten your new list by now. I removed one person who has been neglectful in swaps and added two new ones.
We can resume our full schedule of fun now!
"Let's Have Tea!"
Well, it's a gorgeous, sunny, breezy day. Gonna go do more laundry and hang it out!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  10:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Uh oh, Judy...I don't know where I sent your new list for the tea swap; but, I don't see it anywhere in my inbox or junk. Please re-send, and sorry for the inconvenience. So happy to hear your Momma's back home!

Wow, Peggy! Talk about angels in training..your friend is really a blessing.

Bunny, I'm so glad you tooted your own horn in the interview! I've had some great jobs and that is probably the only way I did get them. Good luck, again!

Tammy, I know what you mean about having your regular schedule back. My youngest of 6 grandkids is 14. Now the oldest 2 are making a ggma out of me.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page