Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  12:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...so sorry that your mom baled out on her trip. I bet you were really looking forward to
some "Be good to have sometime to Myself" time. Did she cancel both of her trips or just one?

I had to get up this morning and get myself to my Eye Appointment. My Dr. bugs me because she
always wants me to get all these extra tests done on my eyes...which Medicare won't cover all of
and it ends up costing me several hundred dollars out of pocket...so, today I put my foot down and
said, "No, I can't afford it and there has been no major change in my vision since last time we
did these." Except I have a cataract that is getting worse...but not enough to have surgery on.

Well, I talked to my mom today and she seemed in pretty good spirits about her surgery on Friday.
So, that made me feel better. She is leaning on the Lord and I am happy about that.

I took my little Snickers for his last stroll in his pet stroller before he goes into Surgery tomorrow.
Man he just loves that stroller! He gets so excited even to just ride. He is like a little kid.
While Snickers and I walked, DH and youngest son went to the Gym to work out. Hope they keep that
up as they both need it. Youngest son needs it to decompress from his busy job besides he needs to lose
a few lbs too.

Today I had to have my Smartphone Reset back to Factory Condition....and I backed it all up, but for
awhile I still thought I lost it all. It all seemed to come back in stages over 3 or 4 hours. Nearly
gave me a heart attack. But all is well now. I want to get a new phone but I'm not eligible for an
upgrade until October. Bummer!!! But, time goes so quickly these days, I know it will be Oct be for I
blink an eye.

Well, girlies...I'm tired...so, I'm off until tomorrow.

Sweetest Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  07:21:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls. Looks like so much going on for all of you.

Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your mamma. There just seems to always be something for all of us. You know she is and you and family are all in my prayers. So Snickers is going to have his surgery. He'll be a new mandog after that. I'll pray for him also.

We're loading up the car (several times) today to take things to my SILs rummage sale. I just don't want to see any of the stuff back here.I'm in the middle of making a mixed berry crisp. Forgot I have no butter. Darn.

Took myself off Facebook. Decided what I don't know will be better for me. Just can't handle the stress of not being able to help family when they don't want my help anyway. So far I am not missing it.

I'm almost finished with my first quilt (just 39 1/2" x 39 1/2") I am learning alot through this class and understanding my machine better. Just had my 6 mos. check for the skin cancer yesterday..all clear..thank you, God!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  10:10:57 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so far she,is,going to visit her boyfriend in Calif. in August. He sent her $400.00 for tires so I told her she had to go...no excuses. I'll be sending good thoughts your way for Snicker's surgery. He will defiantly appreciate the stroller after surgery!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  5:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I know I don't pop in very often, but I'm always thinking of my porch friends and wondering what they are up to. Life just seems to get in the way. Things have been a little though lately - work problems, relationship problems............anyway, I keep promising I'll be on more often, and one of these days I really will be!

Darlene - I agree we need to get together. I didn't even know the bookstore had moved - it's been a couple of years since I've been there.

Hugs to you all !

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

I've been gone so long you probably chucked my chair to the curb. :) First my phone crashed on me I'm still working on it. Then my internet went down. Great and I mean GREAT friends drove out to help me fix it and I have a functioning internet!!!!!

I'll never catch up with all your news now. Quick update for me. Looks like I'm buying my Asuna house! :) PTL Have mediation on the 25th. Pray for me that day PLEASE. Kids are in swim lessons. Last year they did Minnows (first level) this year in Guppies but my son was SO good that the second day of lessons they moved him up to Otters!!!! My daughter is the polar opposite and will probably be in guppies until she's 20. LOL Started VBS tonight. I'm bringing my son's friend to it and he's loving it too. And tonight they each have a friend over for the night so they are over the moon happy. I'm to pooped to pop. But God is good and He IS taking care of us. I'm so thankful and so blessed. I truly hope all of you are well and now that I have my internet connection again I'll do my best to stay on top of things. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  12:16:48 AM  Show Profile
Ok My Porchies...I am trying this again...I was on here twice last
night and the computer hick-uped and I lost it all both times and I felt sure God was telling me just to forget it and go to bed. So, I did!

Well, My mom had her surgery early this morning and she was home by noon. They took the breast lump and 2 lymph-nodes as the cancer had compromised the wall. She will have no results until the 17th of the Month.

Snickers came through his surgery well and we go get him tomorrow.
Thought it was funny that my mom with breast cancer got out of the Hospital in mere hours and my dog had to stay in for 2 days. It's a strange world we live in girls. LOL

Kimberly...so glad to see that God is doing miracles big and small in your life.

No, we have kept your Rocker right here on the Porch. The Posse went out looken for ya a couple of times but I guess you were on the go. LOL

Judith...praise God about your skin cancer!!!
Hey, we would love to see your finished quilt. Pictures Please!
Your comment about Snickers being a newman dog was cute because today the Vet kept calling Him "She". Gosh I hope he didn't do the wrong surgery or something. Ha Ha!
Taking yourself off facebook for awhile can be a really good thing. I took myself off for 4 yrs and just went back on to catch up on the photos my kids always post on there.

Luanne...I declare girl you stay away too long. We get excited cuz your back and then you are gone again. Just like those bees flitten here and there...you are.

Bunny...well good, I am glad your mom is going to Calif. Hope she stays gone long enough for you to feel like you got a real break.

Hey, we want to see your new creations too.

Have you done anymore Fabric Sales?

Tonight I met with a couple of girlfriends. One almost fifty and one 16. We had a wonderful Girlie Visit over a Starbucks drink.
These two are part of my Bible Study.
Mother and daughter...but it was fun to just go out as friends and share life together and laugh a bit.

Well, Lord willing I won't erase this thing again tonight and will actually be able to post it. I think when I get to tired my hands go faster than my head and then I hit the wrong key or something and "POOF" its GONE.

Tonight it posted twice. Go figure...I had to come back on and
delete the second identical post.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 13 2013 12:22:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  07:15:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi all;
Well sorry to hear about all this cancer crud spreading its nastiness around. Been lurking not posting.
LOTS of stuff going on up here.
A very good friend of mine about 10 years younger has also been diagnosed with liver cancer and praying for that junk to be gone.
Grand Daughter is having multiple issues. The Dr. has no real idea of what is causing the seizures. She is watching kids for two single parents pretty much 24/7. Not really getting paid. Her adoptive parents will not give her any information so she cannot get any financial aide to go back to school. I’m going to fix that crud. I am putting together a motion for the court for an adult adoption. I’ll just adopt her and have done with it.
Then there is the part time job my SIL would like me to take. Met with the woman on Friday. Not sure how we would get along. I know my SIL is just concerned about my making I without additional financial help. But I can do so if I can get my GDD settled.
Then Toyota sent me an email and they wanted me to trade in my truck as it only has 62,500 miles on it they need good used trucks. But I am NOT going to make payment of more than $418 per month. So that fizzled out on their part. I actual payment is $414 but the GAP insurance pushes the monthly up to $500.
Working on #3 book about my favorite character. Trying to get it done and out.
Then it was 80 degrees in the shade last night WAY TOO hot to sleep. Laid awake for hours with more stories playing themselves out in my head.
Off today on a errand for a friend in Anch. He is going to treat me to a movie for doing the errand.
And I am managing to get a mile a day in usually.
PHEW Good thing I don’t have a job right now, I would never make it.
Don't remember if I showed you ladies my 20 minute cover that God made happen for the last book I published. It was truly amazing I'd publish it but the pix uploader is not working.

Hugs to all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  12:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow...I see somebody has been messing with our numbers for Posting. Must be Brian in the office.

Has anyone else tried to post a picture lately??? I can't post all of a sudden either. I am going to
have to email him and see what is going on.

It is so darn quiet on The Porch I am beginning to think The Rapture happened and I got left behind. LOL
You girls must all be very busy. I wish my life was that exciting. Ha Ha!

Cheri...glad to hear that you are OK. You had me worried girl. Also, glad to hear that you are trying
to adopt gdaughter...that ought to make things a lot easier...if the Mother doesn't block your attempt.

Snickers is still in a lot of pain from his surgery. He doesn't want anyone touching him...and he hides
for long periods of time. Which is ok...if I had 30 stables in me I wouldn't want people touching me
either. He is very skid-dish and nervous...so I know it was quite a traumatic thing for him. He needed
his pain patch removed today and they told us to bring him in to remove it...but I had DH hold him and
I just cut it off. I couldn't see getting him any more worked up than he already is by dragging him back
to the Vets. They had told me it needed to be disposed of properly and so I asked them how...and she said
"It needs to be flushed down the toilet" are you kidding me? Wow...that seemed stupid, but that is what
I did. Aren't we always hearing in the Media not to throw pills and prescriptions down the toilet because it harms the water supply??? So, why would a pain patch be any different?

I just finished a really good book called THE FIREBIRD. If you like Historical Fiction you might enjoy
this ladies. I really liked it...and will probably read more of this author's books.

Tomorrow it is back into the 90's. We are having a Fabulous summer here if you like temps in the 80's and
90's and I do.

Well...I'm off to bed for a little more reading. I had a friend's husband (who knows I am a book addict)
ask me last week if I had a life?...because I am always talking about books I read. I said, "No, I live
vicariously through other people's lives in books and that's how I travel too." I praise God for books ...and for my mother influencing me to read when I was young. I just can't imagine living life without
enjoying reading.

Off to Nighty-Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  03:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Just found out last night that my Mom (84) has a very rare form of an aggressive skin cancer. Would appreciate you ladies saying a quick prayer for her. We won't know for a couple of weeks if it has spread and how far. She will be going for tests to check her lymph nodes first and then a full body scan of some sort, depending on the results of the lymph node tests.

It is very hot here in PA too, but I'm not complaining - just a short time ago we were complaining because it was too COLD. Just can't be satisfied, no matter, huh?

Hugs & prayers to all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  06:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, no pix and numbers weird.
On Grand-daughter adoption, since she is an adult, the rest of the crew can do nothing to block it.
Luanne, praying. In fact I try to rebuke cancer in the name of Jesus every time I see that garbage.
Have a ton of book ideas swimming in the cranium. And summer is on the wane. Need to make a new screen door. Urgh.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  12:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies!!! Warm one outside today so I'm staying cool in the AC. I've missed visiting but have been putting in some 11 hour days on occasion and it takes a day or so to recover afterwards.

On the hopefully good news front - I may have a job!!!! Surprisingly with Kelly Services - the temp to hire position. They made me a job offer contingent on my checks going through okay so I haven't given notice or said anything yet at work until I know everything is okay. I received a text earlier today that they'd called one of my work references so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. If everything works out, I'll start August 5th. I've been afraid to say anything for fear of jinksing it. Please keep me in prayers that this works out!

M* had his first job interview to keep his job where he works - or I should say the job they're replacing his with. I can't get a feel for how this is going to play out at all. If he doesn't get the position I'm not sure what he'll do or what we'll do. The stress has really been causing havoc with my sleep to say the least. One step at a time I guess and hopefully the first step will be a new job for me!

Since it's my day off I planned to finish up the baby afghan that I keep putting off. Started working on it and ran out of yarn! Isn't that the way of it though? (sigh) I don't want to make a special run to work to get some more so I'll leave it and get some tomorrow and hopefully be able to work on it Thursday when I have another day off. Maybe I'll pull out my drop spindle that I haven't touched since we moved and try some spinning - it's very relaxing.

Judith - I envy you giving up FB. There are times I would love to and times I've considered possibly making a separate account with another name and deleting the one I have now. It's so much easier to see overviews of a lot of my blogs on FB that would take me forever using other formats but dealing with everybody else's issues drives me nuts.

Cherime - Hoping that the adoption will go through smoothly for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

PeggyAnn - Sorry Snickers is still having so much pain but I agree it's probably normal. If we had a hip replacement how much pain would we be going through? Poor little fellow though.

For everybody that has family being diagnosed with cancer I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Bunny - Girlfriend I'm keeping you in my prayers that your situation will improve for you. In so many ways our lives are parallel for various reasons so I can identify with what you are going through.

My current book is "Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman" by Elizabeth Buchan. It's okay so far. I nearly put it down permanently because the beginning was so blah but I keep thinking about the word revenge in the title and hope the main character finally gets it together and things get interesting. I've also started reading Price and Prejudice on my tablet. So I'm off to read a couple chapters :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  1:26:28 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
well it seems I can't post pics either and I thought I had lost a lot of days glad to see that it was numbers and not me. It is fairly warm here. I have begun working on some things for school and had a few school meetings already. Can't believe that. But school starts in about a month. Feel like summer has just slipped by so fast. But I am enjoying every minute of it so can't really complain.

I will be back my dogs think they need to go outside and play and they won't stop barking so I best comply
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  2:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Maybe we exceeded some kind of limit. Who knows. But we are under 500 so it looks that way.
Tammy praying on the job stuff.
I'm sort in a bit of a limbo that way. I saw someone about a part time job in a paralegal document mill deal. When talk came around to my only being able to use my cell phone for 'emergency' calls and a bunch of stuff re: a resume when she was supposedly not hiring a person but a contract laborer, me. I went NOPE. Not doing that. Could use some more money so praying for more books to sell so that maybe I can raise the price to $1,99 instead of $.99. Ah well.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  06:42:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear so many of you are battling cancer. I personally think that if your loved one has it you are fighting it too! My thoughts and prayers are lifted on your behalf. Take heart, and crawl into the arms of our Refuge.

Bunny, job searching is so stressful. After it's all said and done and you have the "right" job you'll look back and realize why you didn't get these other ones. But while in it, it's so discouraging. Keep your chin up. Straighten your spine and refuse to give in. Let the hackles rise if necessary so you don't get down. It's alot easier to say or type then to live but you've been through so much worse and you can rise to the top here too.

Cherime, I'm going to show my ignorance. I don't understand why you have to adopt an adult??? How does that help your granddaughter? I sure hope things go better for her soon. The tide has got to turn eventually.

Peggy, Oh, so sorry your pup is hurting. It's hard watching our animals suffer in any way. Hope the healing process is a quick one.

Today I'm a strange combination of peaceful and deep sorrow. So much is happening and by God's grace I'm not anxious, which is obviously a miracle in itself as I've always been an anxious person. Although I can't say it isn't affecting me. I'm dog tired and my muscles in my neck and shoulder are playing unkind games with me. Next week I've got a court date and mediation. So if you can write the 23rd and 25th on your calendars and pray for me those days I would be eternally grateful. I think the kids are still doing well, but we do have bad days. Recently Nikole was being unkind and disrespectful. We had a talk. I told her she had every reason in the world to be sad, angry, frustrated, etc. But no excuse to take it out on others or be disrespectful to me. That if she was feeling sad or angry she could come to me and we could find a way to help her deal with her feelings; snuggle, cry, talk, pray, etc but that she couldn't be mean to others. She seemed to understand and she also seemed to feel better afterwards. Then last night Jackson was lashing out at me and Nikole. My own pain is devestating but to see their pain and know that I can't take it away or fix it..... it crushes me. Well that sounds depressing!! But the truth is that God's hand is very obviously taking care of us and I am very blessed even through this time. I'm learning some much needed lessons and am hopefully growing through them. But I do kind of wish the lessons didn't have to be so hard!! :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies hopefully this is the first of the good news this week. M* was called in today and they made him a job offer for the new position along with giving him a huge raise! They're not going to announce it for another week that he got the position - guess to make it appear like they went through all the loops. I'm floored to say the least. One of the guys earlier in the day had pulled him aside and asked him if his job was secure. When he explained it wasn't and that he'd interviewed yesterday the guy said he'd heard something to that affect and had decided not to apply for the position because he thought it was wrong what they were doing. I wonder how many others chose not to apply to prevent him from losing his job? It's a staggering thought of human kindness that is so rarely experienced today. Haven't heard anything regarding my job so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll hear tomorrow because I need to get my notice put in to give them a full 2 weeks.

Kimberly - I feel for you sister. It may be hard but I have a feeling that down the road your life will be so much better once you're done with all this. I don't know if you can plan a special outing with the kids like going camping or something else that's fun to help relieve some of the stress and to start to create some new fun memories.

Weather today was unbelievably HOT - 105'. Thankfully we had a slight breeze so it wasn't horrid. Supposed to start to cool off and they're predicting night temps down in the 50's next week!!!! Wonderful cool sleeping weather :o) I can't wait. Also, I managed to ride my bike to work and back today for the first time!!!! It may not seem much but it was a HUGE accomplishment to me to do it. It took me just under 15 minutes to get there but I have a major road (for our area) that I had to wait for the lights to cross so that took some time.

I finished the book "Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman" and was sadly disappointed in it. There was no revenge. She constantly felt sorry for the man that cheated on her and left her. I just wanted to smack her and say wake up. Definitely not a book I'd recommend and I'll be putting it on my Paperbackbookswap list to get rid of. On to new and better books :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  12:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....Well, I contacted Brian and he told me that we needed to go on a MJF link to post
pictures but when I went on it...it was an entire page of coding that I did not know how to deal with...so,
I have another email in to him. Gosh girls...it's got to be easier than that...is all I know. The have also
put all of our back post to 25 on a page instead of 20...and that is why our numbers changed. Makes sense.

Kimberly...today was the first day that Snickers felt a little more lively and frisky. He still goes and
hides for long periods of time underneath a skirted chair, or under my bed or between an end-table and the
sofa etc. But I noticed he seems to be in less pain.

I remember my 6 year old son saying to me one day (many years ago now/he is 34)when he was frustrated and
crying..."I want to go home...I never thought we would get a divorce." It liked to have ripped my heart right out of my chest. Divorce is so hard on the children! I wish it wasn't so but it is. I know if I could have taken away their pain, I would have. There was so much acting out by my children back then...and you just have to deal with it the best you can. AND it sounds like you handled it really well!!! I had sat my children down and told them that it would be natural for them to blame themselves for us splitting up...I know kids think..."Oh, If I had just been better or nicer or helped more etc...then maybe daddy wouldn't
have left us." I told my kids that their daddy dearly loved them and that he didn't leave because of them
and that they should never think that way because it wasn't true. That it was daddy and mommy's problem.
I remember one of the men in our Neighborhood told my kids that it wasn't their fault either...and they both
said, "Yeah we know our mommy told us that!" But I appreciated him re-enforcing that Truth. I hope you have some good male roll models around for your kids. Is their dad staying in touch with them and stuff?
Will be praying for you next week too.

RFM Tammy...that is great news about Matt!!!! That has to make him feel really good! So, happy to hear that
our prayers were answered. I will continue to pray about your new job possibility. Keep us posted.

I finished a really good book tonight called SULLIVANS ISLAND (BOOK 1 IN A SERIES). I will definitely be
reading the rest of that series. Had some swearing in it but most of it was a lot of Southern Charm.

Well, take care and I will let you all know if we get the picturing posting fixed.

Oh, also I talked to my mom today and her lymph-nodes came out clear (free of cancer)and the tissue they
removed around the lump was clear also. So, that was all good and I think she will only have to have
radiation and no chemo...but until she goes to the new Oncologist we won't know for sure.

Night Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  05:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello porchies! Been a while...haying has begun. What fun what fun. Drove the antique Minneapolis moline with the tedder. It's the Cadillac of the antique tractors my dh has. Love it! Been hot and humid. Thunder storms last pm. Heat and humidity have broken. Thank goodness no hay mowed since the weekend. Won't be putting any down until Sunday. Rain on Saturday. We need it! Gotta go feed horses. Going to be jamming later...making raspberry rhubarb. Hopefully it will work. Picked peas yesterday and have summer squash commingle.

Sorry to hear about all the illness. Prayers sent. Cancer sucks. Lost 3 family members in a period on 3 years. My mom's sister is the latest diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. You can only do what you can do and put faith in the good lord above to get you through. Remember HIS will be done.

One thing on gap insurance ...unless you are paying more than the vehicle is worth (upside down payment) it's not worth the money. Most creditors will work with you if something catastrophic happens.

Have a good day all.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  08:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Kim, she wants to go back to school but cannot get any financial aid because until she is 25 the financial aid people want financial info from her parents, in this case her adoptive parents who have written her off. So if she has a new parent, me with father deceased, then she can go back to school. Since I am collection Social Security there is danger of them wanting money from me to support her. Hense adult adoption. Kinda of convoluted yes. But she will also get rid of a family name of people who no longer want her.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  11:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm so glad for you. Jobs for both of you! Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

I'm hoping to hear from the college today or tomorrow. So stressful! I just keep telling myself, they called me to ask if I wanted to apply. That has to mean something.

Tea went out yesterday. Nothing fancy. But I hope you like it.

I got a very nice email from the lady on Etsy that is doing so well selling clothes like mine. She said it takes a while and I just need to keep making changes until it works. I did put a percentage off coupon hoping that would I courage some sales. My exposure jumped big time. But no sales as yet. I get lots of people favoriting my items. I just don't get it. I hade over 700 visitors last month.

Anyway, I'm not giving up just yet. I wish I had a posh store close by to sell in. I know that if people saw them close up, they would sell.

I have thought about the Portland Saturday market. But I know I just don't have the energy to pull it off. Plus parking my big truck downtown Portland is not fun!

Off to the basement.

Later everyone!

Peggy, give Snickers a great from me! Hope he feels better soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile

OK Ladies this picture was just a test and it worked so here is what you need do to
be able to download pictures on here. You go http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitzinc_code.js
This will take you to a page full of code...all you do is refresh your page(while on there)
which is ctrl r and that is all there is to it. I just did it and it worked.

Ok...I will be on later to chat...off to run errands. I didn't even take time to read...will
do that later too.

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile
*dusting off boots and apron*

Hellloooooo ladies! I am SO sorry it has taken me so long to pop in here! It's been kinda crazy, lately.

I'm still here, still alive

I have not heard anything about the job working in the evidence locker in a nearby town, but that might be because of what else I have working....

I put in an application July 5th for a job in the same town with a charity group called Boot Campaign. I'd heard about this group before, and (somehow) forgot the name of it. But, I found a job opening for a Graphic Designer... SCORE!!!

I put together a resume and a portfolio and sent it in, and got an email back yesterday that they were reviewing it. I should hear more by August 9th. Wish me luck!!

This was an image a current coworker posted on her facebook last week...

and this is what I did with it while I was on lunch break earlier today

I'm hoping work like this will convince them that, even though I have no FORMAL training, I have the drive, and the ability, and the passion for the group.

I will try to keep y'all updated on what happens with this!

I hope everyone is doing well, and that all the doggies, kitties, bunnies, furbabies, butterflies and other members of God's green earth are doing fine!

Missus Miranda :)

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  3:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Just for you. Here are some outfits I just finished up.

This is a little girls dress/tunic.

I finished this yesterday. I so wish I could fit into my own stuff!!

I of course had lots of help.

Still waiting on the college. Getting worried.

Later all, Have a nice weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  5:37:26 PM  Show Profile

My son took this shot and I thought I made a great cover for the last one I put on.
Bunni those look really good. I have thought about doing our farmers market on Wed her but it is really hard for one person alone.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

SRhea
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sue
San Angelo TX
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  5:39:37 PM  Show Profile
I've been absent again some. I miss the porch, but I think of you all often. To sit on the porch & just relax with some tea & good conversation with all you sweet ladies is pure joy. Lately life seems to get in the way sometimes. My husband is ill & he takes allot of my time. Anyway, the pictures are great! Have a nice evening & I'll see yall soon!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  6:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Peggy.......hope Snickers is better soooon! Hugs to him and you! :)

Bunny......nice work! Patience is a virtue, it'll all come together in do time!

Well hello...Miranda....sending good thoughts for your job prospects!

Cherime......nice book cover!

Sue....prayers sent for you and hubby!

Tammy......good for Matt and the job situation!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page