Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  5:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Just had the most exciting thing ever happen! I got an email from Altered Couture Magazine. They found me on Etsy and are interested in one of my outfits for their magazine. This is the same magazine I just sent the red outfit too. They just opened it a few minutes ago and thought it was pretty funny they had already contacted me. Praying this is it. My ship. I'm too excited!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  6:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
How are you sweet things? It was a busy day with the butterflies but I have to commend them they have been pretty good even with a long weekend. I think they must know Madame Butterfly has her swatter ready and scissors too if needed. The weather was a bit cooler today so that has helped I think.
The boys did well at the state fair. My one son did not take his steer dying well but as he said it happens. One came home with food poisoning so it was a long night on Monday. But he is on the mend today.

Bunny I just love that outfit. I have no patience to sew and I just love how you are so gifted and so proud of your new happenings. Way to go girl.
judy so sorry about your sweet mama. But so good to hear your sweet voice here on the porch.

Peggy I am inbetween books right now. but will share when I decide that is the problem can't decide. But I am busy with my bible study. Loved your pictures. YOu are one sweet grandma.

Ok ladies I gotta run
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  8:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, Red is my color too and I love that dress. I'm soooo excited for you! Fashion really is your calling sister!

Judy, Poor Mama. Hope she feels better. How many more chemos? Our weather has been cool too. I love it. I can't stand the humidity and heat anymore.

Peggy, Such a beautiful baby. You don't like him do you? LOL! Don't let a shrink see those tomatoes. They will lock you up! Lol!

Tammy, Poor steer! Wicked heat! Get some fly paper and hang it from the ceiling and when those wings are to wild send them to the sticky stuff! Nice, right? Yikes!

Off to the dentist tomorrow. Can't wait to see this bill! Remember sisters, when you get any dental xrays you need to tell them to cover your thyroid with the lead apron. Your tip for the day.

Sleep tight my lovelies!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  8:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Bunny excellent. Back to lurking, have a roof leak. Urgh!

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  9:03:30 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...That is Just Too Awesome to be a Coincidence!!!
Praying that Ship Comes In and Soon!!! You are just so
talented girl.

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  6:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Cherime - I'm bound and determined I'm going to get up that way to visit and see the sites one of these days. I'm hoping we can start saving next year for an Alaskan cruise. I can't believe to explain how much I miss walking through a forest.

PeggyAnn - those sculptures are beautiful! I love the bridge and salmon ones. Do you make them? Hope your fibro starts acting better. Those grandbabies are adorable!!! You are blessed!

Judy - keeping money in your pocket after taking a vehicle in for repairs would be nice. His honesty was appreciated though. M*'s company takes their fleet trucks in there so I think he's also trying to keep his business since M* controls the fleet repairs :O) Finally got it fixed yesterday.

Darlene - I've tried crockpots and find the food ends up overcooked even on low. It's like the newer models are so much hotter than they use to be that 8 hours in them burns whatever you're trying to eat. Once I'm done with training and can take a longer lunch I might come home and put stuff in on my lunch break so it won't burn.

Tammy - so sorry to hear about the steer. I know it's rough on the kids when that happens. The last year we showed in 4H was the year that the blackout occurred and there were no fans in the rabbit barn - they were putting all the fans on the cows. Chickens, ducks, rabbits were dying. We pulled our rabbits out of the hutches and took them home. Our area got electricity back 3 days before the fairgrounds did and they stayed cool and alive. The kids could of cared less about the awards, the animals were the important things.

Bunny - That suit is gorgeous!!!! I agree, the best you've posted yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! That would be so exciting. Keep us updated. It's time you had your break.

Wow, glad to see the board is getting more active again. Training is almost done - tomorrow is the end of week 5 out of 6! Only one more week to go!!!! I'm so excited. I was so excited last week when the trainer switched up the groups and I got an ideal partner - what one of us didn't know the other one did. Her and I were awesome together. Unfortunately she changed it up again Tuesday. No idea if she's going to change up groups again next week or not. They're talking about starting to let us work claims independently by Wednesday.

The weather here is still unusually hot, not warm but HOT. Still in the high 80's to 90's. Last night the temps in the evening started dropping down enough so we could turn off the air and open the windows to sleep. It's just miserable - I don't do heat well. The good thing is the AC at work is back to being insanely cold so I'm wrapping up in sweaters and blankets to stay warm in class lol.

I actually had the holiday weekend off. Some people I met online wanted to get together and have a bbq Saturday so we headed over Bismarck way for that. We decided to stop at the mall and I picked up some things I needed like my vanilla scented lotion from Victoria's and some fresh chocolate melts (yum). We also stopped at Mennard's and bought new flooring for his office. He put it down Monday and it looks great. We went with a Mahogany colored Pergo type flooring. Sunday I demanded he take me on a date - it's been like a year since he's actually taken me anywhere and had fun with me. No wonder we're having issues. Not only did I demand a date but demanded to be taken to the speedway for racing and to be taken to the concessions for the burgers he's been raving about. We had fun. I haven't been to the track at all this year so it was highly overdue. I'll have to demand a date again soon :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  11:42:12 AM  Show Profile

My First Pumpkin Latte of the Season...and oh, it tasted mighty fine!

This picture I saw on someone's FB Page and just thought it was so cute, I had to share!
Cuz you know me...I'm All About The Grandmama Stuff!!!

Had my sweet boy again yesterday while mama went and had her hair done. She had bright
vibrant blue streaks put in her coal black hair. They looked really stunning in the
Natural Light but could barely see them in the house.

It is a beautiful day out today. In fact I am sitting on my Porch with Snickers by my side
and I've got my computer on my lap and a cup of coffee on the table on the other side of me.
We had one bad day of rain and a couple of cooler days...now we are back to high temps in
the 80's and 90's this week with like 86% Humidity. I love the HOT but hate the humidity.
That just drains me of all strength.

Hubby is out working for awhile and then we will probably go to our regular hang-out.

Yesterday was our 29th Anniversary and we went out to dinner. If my Mom hadn't sent us a
card we probably would have forgotten again this year. It just always falls at a very
busy time for us. I usually at least have a Card bought in advance and stuck in a drawer
so I can whip it out at the last minute. But not this year. I think I have just been
baby blind-sighted this year. My husband and I got to laughing about the fact if he had
stayed married to his first wife he would be celebrating his 52nd Anniversary and if
I added up all my married life I would be celebrating my 41st. Life takes some interesting
turns and twists sometimes and life rarely turns out like we had planned it or envisioned it.

My mom finishes her last radiation treatment on Monday. She has done fabulously on it. So
thanks for all your prayers.

My Bible Study was great this past Thursday...but we never even made it to the first lesson.
I had every one share what they did over the Summer Months and then I had given them an essay
question about Why They Thought God was wanting us to go back to Our First Love. So, once those
things were shared...time was up! So, they will only have one lesson to do for next week.

OK girls...Have a Beautiful Day and Do something FUN!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  12:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
I do hope this finds you doing well. I have just gotten done grading papers and getting ready for the week ahead with my butterflies. It is a hot afternoon so staying inside is ok with me. I am ready to settle down with a good book for the rest of the afternoon.

It has been a restful weekend which is nice. WE rarely have a weekend where we are all home and just enjoying the afternoon after church.
I loved your post Peggy. So sweet.
Will be praying for you mama as she finishes radiation.
Well just stopping by for a minute.
Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  10:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters,

Working on another house deal. I'm so headshy right now I think I know how that thoroughbred/standardbred horse felt when she broke my nose!!! I'm exhausted and just waiting for the next brick to land. Lord and I have been having some crying sessions. I'm the one doing the crying.... :) I KNOW Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able.... I'm just not so sure I'm able. I'm trusting, I'm leaning but I'm feeling weak so I'd really appreciate prayers. House deal and mediation were both going down hill at the same time. It was more than I could handle. But like I said, HE can handle it. I'm just clinging for dear life!

Just got back from Family Camp. I so completely love my church family. So blessed. Such wonderful, normal people to grow with. And also when to a Susie concert tonight. It was pretty cool to see her live.

So I'm to pooped to pop, so I'm going to cuddle up with my pillows and see if I can catch some sleep. Hugs to all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:30:18 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

We went to Church Saturday Night and had a wonderful time of Worship. Usually it is hard for
me to get up on Sunday to make it for the 11:00 am service...so, what happened I woke up at
quarter to 8:00 Sunday Morning and stayed up all day and evening. And this morning I have been
up since quarter to 9:00 and I never get up this early...since retiring. I usually am still in
bed at 10 or 11:00 am because I stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 am. So, I'm not sure what is messing
with my sleep patterns but I wish it would knock it off. LOL

Spent time with my kids yesterday afternoon. They took me out to dinner at The Olive Garden for
their Endless Pasta Meal. Hadn't been there in a couple of years...and it was very yummy. I had
Angel Hair Pasta with Marinera Sauce. It was good and I brought some home with me. The Endless
Meals for me...The Restaurant always makes the profit because I can never even finish my first
plate but then again they lose on My Son...so it probably all comes out in the end.

Then we went to World Market and to Wild Oats and came home. It was a lovely day. Love to be with
my youngest son and his little family. They are so good to me too and I just adore spending time with my grandson. I sit in the back seat with him and he always grabs onto one of my fingers or my whole hand and falls asleep holding on to me. I LOVE IT!!!

It is suppose to be really HOT all this week...in the high 80's and low 90's but today has started
off cool and cloudy.

I need to put my fall decorations up but I don't really have the energy to until I start getting more rest. I'm weary from the upside down sleeping pattern. Which I know is normal for most people. But all the stores look so festive right now with their Fall stuff all around. I need to
get with it before it is time to put up Christmas. Ha Ha!

Teacher Tammy...hope all is going well at school today and that those little butterflies are
behaving themselves and giving you a break. If NOT just grab a Hot Cup Of Paris tea and a good book and relax and unwind when you get home. ~ I started one of the Kindle $1.99 books last
night and it is an Amish Story...but I think it is going to turn out to be an Amish Horror Read...
as there is something creepy in The Corn Field and in the nearby Town People have turned up
missing. I have never read an Amish Book with this kind of story line before. Reminds me of
a Halloween Flick. A bit on the dark and eery side. We shall see...if I finish it or NOT.
I just down-loaded a bunch of book samples and all four of the last ones I downloaded are all
good...but I have to wait until I get more $. For now I have a bunch of these $1.99 ones that
I can try for now. I find one out of five of them to be good. I just read the reviews and hope
for the best.

Kimberly...you have a lot on your plate right now girl...and that will stress anyone. Have you
ever tried "deep-breathing" relaxation techniques or just putting on a CD with Nature Sounds and
giving yourself a Half Hour Time Out to just sit in your favorite chair and close your eyes and
do some deep cleansing breaths and then breathe regularly and just listen to the sounds of Nature...for half an hour. I use to tell my kids I was putting myself in Mommy Time Out and they
were not to open my bedroom door unless the house was on fire, someone was a the door or one
of them was hurt and bleeding. I usually got a good 15 minutes of relaxation before some Crisis
of Paramount Proportion Came Up. But I thanked God for that mere 15 minutes.

Well...I got my Bible Study Lesson prepared yesterday morning. One of the gals in my Study Group...her Mom passed away yesterday morning. I spent a lot of Saturday Night on the phone
praying with her and another close friend to her. We all praised God that he took Mary quickly
and that her suffering was only a matter of days. She died of Rectal Cancer and at 85 yrs old
refused treatment for it. She had it for about 8 months and only was in really bad pain the
last couple weeks of her life. She was a godly woman, loved by many and will be greatly missed
by friends and family. She was a woman who went to the gym and worked out every other day for
years. She lifted weights and the whole nine yards. And she was very much against modern medicine
and kept herself healthy until the end with alternative nature-pathetic medicine and exercise.

Well, I'm off to do something. Not sure what...but have a blessed day girls.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  5:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
to say today was a MOnday..oh goodness. I am ready to hang my butterflies by their wings for their rest of their butterfly lives. They did terrible on their work seems to hurry is the thing, have girls threatening to beat another girl up for just sitting next to a boy she likes...talk about drama..whatever happened to third graders being third graders and liking everyone...so I will have to deal with that first thing tomorrow morning...oh and their talking...and we had a meeting after school or 2 and 1/2 hours...children can't hold their attention that long so how are teachers at the end of the day supposed to do that? Oh it has been a day...so it is bubble bath and good book. I am reading a Mr. Darcy book and finding it quite good. I needed to take a break from those who done it...hubby was beginning to think I might do that to him...hahahah I told him no worries I love him even when he is naughty.

Peggy sounds like you had a wonderful day I love Olive Garden. HOpe you get your sleep back to normal.

Kim I am praying for you you have a lot on your plate but know God will be right there with you all the way. He love you sweet thing.

well I am off to read and thanks for letting me vent
Love to you all
tammy

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  6:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Great news today - they're hiring everybody (but one) permanently as of the 30th of this month!! I'm excited although I'll miss the extra money. I worked 56 hours last week between the two jobs and today I'm just plain exhausted. Don't know if I'll be able to continue both or not.

The one guy in our class was terminated today. He hasn't shown up for 3 days now and in the past 5 weeks of class he's missed probably 6 days so we weren't surprised they terminated him. One of the woman I work with called me to let me know he'd called her and told her he'd been terminated. She said Friday after he hadn't shown up for work for the second day he texted and called her wanting to know if she wanted to go out for a drink. I just don't get people's work ethics anymore. If I'm to sick to go to work then I'm to sick to be out.

Bunny - any word yet?

Kimberly - I'm keeping you in my thoughts and praying you'll find the right place for you and your children. I'm glad you were able to get away for a while with a good support group and enjoy yourself.

PeggyAnn - congrats on your 29th! So glad you were able to go out with your kids and grandbabies and enjoy it.

Book reading: I haven't gotten to do much reading or crafting recently. I'm finishing up My Own Cape Cod by Gladys Taber. It's an enjoyable book. I've never been to the Cape but lived in Maine so a lot of her writing echos what I experienced when I lived there. I'm about 50% through with The Younger Edda Also Called Snorre's Edda, or The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson. This is a LONG book on northern mythology. Very interesting. I just finished Mama Gena's Marriage Manual by Regena Thomasbauer. It's a book about putting the spice back into your relationship by pampering yourself. It's sometimes pretty graphic in discussion so maybe not a book I'd recommend for the faint of heart but a good read. I bought The Feast Nearby by Robin Mather to read once I completed Taber's book. A couple weeks ago I finished Almost Amish by Kathryn Cushman. It's about a woman who does a reality show living like the Amish. I also finished Plainly Murder by Isabella Alan which is an Amish mystery - but not a dark one. It's the first in a series. I'm planning on getting the next one.

Well I'm being barked at for a walk so I best be getting them out for their nightly wander before it gets any darker. Have a good evening everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  12:15:58 AM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy...I know what you mean about the dogs barking at you for a walk. Tonight about 7:15
I decided to take Snickers out for a walk. Well, he's still riding in his Pet Stroller...I was
doing all the work. But it is amazing how much he loves that silly stroller. It had been in the
mid 90's all day and so I was waiting for it to cool down a bit before I took him out...for
his evening stroll. I started walking and thought gosh it is still really HOT out here. I
though maybe low 80's...but decided to check my phone for a more accurate reading...and it was
still 90. That was the hottest walk I have ever taken. And I'm not sure who was hotter when
I got back me or the dog. His fur is really long right now and we haven't had the money to
get him clipped...still paying on his surgery. I think he drank a bowl of water when we got
back to the Apartment. Whew! Tomorrow is suppose to be in the high 90's. It is very possible
will break 100.

Hubby took the day off work today (nice thing about working for yourself) and I am encouraging
to do the same tomorrow. On the news tonight we say that starting Sunday it is suppose to rain
all next week. Our cool down from all the heat...but I will be more miserable because of the
Fibro.

Man all our Porchie buds must be busy with harvest, canning, work, etc...because hardly anyone
is coming to The Porch. If it wasn't so Hot the Posse would already be saddled up but we're all
weary ...so you will have to drag you own sorry backsides...right back onto The Porch. And when
you all come back how bout bringing some cold sweet tea and some yummy goodies to munch on. That will get my mind off of this heat and you all being MIA. ~ I at least have an AC Unit and feel awful sorry for all my neighbors who don't. They have got to be dripping wet and mere puddles on the Floor.

Bunny...I hope you are lurking...how are you doing there in The Dalles? Are you and your mom doing OK?

Teacher Tammy...I hope those Butterflies were better today. I know what you mean about kids
being so crazy for the opposite sex at an early age. I don't remember even looking at a boy
until maybe 4th/5th grade! LOL I then dated a couple of those guys in High School. But I had
moved to the City by then 100 miles away...and they still found out how to track me down
as we got up in school years. I found that I liked them even better then. And they don't call me Glam-Maw for nothing
at almost 62. Hee hee!

I see my little five year old grand-daughter and she is as boy crazy as they get and it does
rather concern me as she has been that way since the womb, I swear. I think my son and daughter
in love better just lock her up now and not wait until she's in 4/5th grade or 16 yrs. old. Yikes!

OK...off to read my weird Amish Book. I almost threw it down last night because it is so strange and yet something in me wants to know how it all ends. The writer is a good wordsmith...its just
like a Sleepy Hallows/Headless Horseman meets Aliens with Red Eyes out in the Plain Amish Folks Cornfield and they
have eaten the whole town of Englishers. And I am not usually a Horror Movie/Horror Book Person but this
is like B-rated cheesy movie. It is almost more corny (no pun intended) than scary. OK...you're right the heat has fried my brain

Hugs from your mush brain farm sister,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 11 2013 12:23:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  06:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Peggy is right - it has been so incredibly busy that I haven't had a minute to stop by. I don't know if I'll ever get caught up on reading the back posts. Anyway - we finished our week at the fair demonstrating antique farm equipment. Now we are getting ready for our local farm show in two weeks.

Mom got the results of her PET scan, and she is clear, so the malignancy from that tumor on her arm has not spread - thank you Lord! She will havae surgery on her arm next Monday to remove for tissue around the tumor site as a precaution. The decision hasn't been made yet whether or not she will need radiation, but no chemo is planned for the time being. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

It is very hot here too - but supposed to be in the 50's by Saturday - go figure. That's typical weather for northeaster PA in the Fall, though.

Gotta get busy - hugs to you all!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!
Last week was so hectic I could only get on to post one thing in the Parenting post. Wednesday and Thursday I ended up canning 23 quarts of cabbage and Friday I had 25 lbs of tomatoes and it only gave me 6 quarts of juice. What the heck! So I will have to go back to farm I got these and get me some more. I count on the juice to make chili during the winter. The hubs can't go without chili.

In homeschool we are going to be studying about the different states. I posted this elsewhere too, but if anyone is willing to send some goodies and info about your state to my children they would love it. It's always better to learn about someone else's state from someone who actually lives there. It seems more personal. If you're from Canada they'd probably love it to. I'll send you my address if you guys are interested.

Saturday was Pleasureville Day. It's a small town in Henry County, KY..I'm on the committee that helps put it together. I also had a booth for my MK business. I was up there from 6:30 am til after midnight. Boy were my legs and feet hurting by the time I got home. It was a successful day though and everyone had fun. There was lots of good food and great entertainment by local performers. We also have two new Amish families that have moved into the community since Spring. The community has embraced them as their own. Miss Clara opened a bake shop on Main Street. They sold out of all their goods I think before noon. She makes some good stuff.

I'm so ready for fall though. It hasn't been really hot all summer and now it wants to get up in the 90s. It was hard to clean out the pea patch on Sunday because of the heat. My mom made me quit before I overheated. I guess I'll get it done eventually. :)

Well porchies, it's time to get some more house cleaning done. Hope you all are having a great day!! HUGS!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi RoDonna -

What kind of state things are you looking for? I could try to find some PA stuff for you.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  08:19:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. I am lurking out here. Still have a roof issue and working hard to get all edited and on Amazon. Back to work. God Bless

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Well..lookie..lookie..by cookie.. some of you are coming in out of the heat and busyness
of life.

Luanne...glad to hear that your mom is doing good too. Definitely answered prayer. I guess
today is my mom's last day of radiation. I called her last night and we did the Happy Dance
together while on the phone.

Cherime...you are always the busy, busy, beaver...glad that you are lurking however. So,
hugs and hi!!!

RoDonna...I did see your post for State Snow Globes...hope you get some good stuff from every
one. I would send something if I wasn't having to pinch my pennies right now. Prices on every
thing really seem to be going up, up, & up around here. Our rent just went up, food seems to be
averaging about $25/$35 dollars a bag. And If I go to Costco and Wall-Mart to pick up the extra's about every 3 months then my grocery spending goes up even higher. You wouldn't think it would
cost that much to feed two people but it seems like we spend more on groceries now then when
we were raising three hungry boys. It's crazy! I am glad I had my little garden this year for
squash and tomatoes. ~ So, you need more tomatoes for juice huh? Wish you lived close...because
that I could give you. I have been keeping my neighbors well supplied this summer...giving
to four different families besides ours. I didn't do as well on the squash though. Next year
hopefully...because I had no extra zucchini to grate up and freeze to make bread over the winter months.

My dog and I are sitting on the Porch and my dog is watching squirrels playing and chasing each other and I have been watching my dog watching them. I don't know who is funnier. I think the two squirrels just got chewed out by mama squirrel a bit ago...because she was just out chittering away at them...and then they went their separate ways in the opposite direction either looking for more nuts I suppose or another friend to squirrel away their time with. LOL

OK...need to go check out some more MJF Stuff, Pinterest, and FB. Have a beautiful day and
stay cool.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 11 2013 10:26:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  12:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hi my porchie friends,
I have been out for quite some time. School started and you would think that the first week at least would be easy. It has been 4 weeks now and I have already had 8 tests. This week has probably been my easiest with only 2 tests our of 4 classes. Between the garden and homework, I don't know what a free moment looks like. This is the first real break I have taken in the last 2 months. I have read back about five pages and so much as gone on. Sorry to hear about all the medical issues. I hope that you are hanging in there. As to the crafts and pictures they were fun to look at and I have enjoyed them all. Sorry I didn't bring any goodies, but the next time I will. Just didn't have time to bake anything. Hubby bought me a small cake for my birthday. We are going to celebrate probably next week after his test in Economics and if I can manage to get away from homework and tests.
I hope all is well with everyone and you are not too hot. We have pretty mild weather here even for Florida. Lots of rain, daily which I am glad off. It is great for the garden.
Well I have housework to catch up on, so I better close for now. I'll try to be around more. Until then have a wonderful evening.
Becky

My Blog: farmgirlmuse.blogspot.com

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  5:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!
Peg...mine wasn't the snow globes...to me those are dust collectors even though they are cute.

I'm looking for anything that represents your state. Whether you just pick something up from your like visitor information or whatever you feel you want to send. They love getting mail. :)

I'm gong to be making a big felt map of the U.S. with all the states made out of felt that Velcro into the right place. We'll see how that goes. I'm going to be visiting JoAnns very soon.

Luann...like I said that they would love anything. They would think it was exciting people sending them things about other states in the mail.

I'm suppose to be paying attention to this conference call from my National Director. So I will get off here so I can pay attention. LOL..
Have a great evening girls!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  7:45:31 PM  Show Profile
.....here I am Peg, dragging my sorry backside in here, sweating like a hog like everybody else. Man, it's been HotHotHot...90's like the rest of you. It is so weird after all the 70's and low 80's we've had all summer...or is that "simmer?" LOL I'm doing a simmer or maybe even a low boil. hahaha Crazy temps for September.
I brought Sweet tea with EXTRA ice...crushed so we can slurp every last drop of tea outta it...then crunch it!!! How's THAT sound?
Mama fried up a skillet of green beans, bacon and onions and called me while I was at the grocery shopping for her, and asked me to pick up some corn muffins, but wouldn't tell me why. Man-o-man her apartment smelled yummy when I walked in. That tasted so good since she hasn't cooked in a loooong time. She ate pretty well herself! She hasn't noticed the temps at all, since she's been freezing with all the chemo. Chemo has an (up)side? Wow! She's usually soooo hot in the summer.
I turned on my new portable a/c last night....it wouldn't run...kept shutting off. grrrrrrrr.... I had to sleep with the ceiling fan on and 2 box fans on me. It cooled down in the middle of the night so that I had to cover with a sheet though. So now we have to send that crazy thing back.
Luanne, so glad to hear that your Mom's Pt scan came back clear. Praise God!
Where's Darlene these days? YoooHoooo.....
My Sister and BIL are still at my niece's because they all have a nasty summer cold. Patsy said it went into their chest. If this keeps up....they might make it up here by Patsy's birthday in October. hahahaha
Well, time to turn in.
Nite all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  10:46:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm here too. Just had some company for the weekend. My nephew, wife and his 2 year old son. It wasn't much fun I'm afraid. My nephew is very adhd and because of it is very inconsiderate. Everyone around him spends too much time trying to figure out dinner, is he spending the night here? We ended up buying two large you bake pizzas and then he told us they were going to some one else's house for a BBQ. Thankfully we could put the pizzas in the oven. We didn't know they had no where to spend the night so that was a surprise. His two year old cried and whined the whole time day and night. I had to protect the cats because he was too rough. I finally just let them have at him. He got bit once and scratched once. His parents paid more attention after that. My mom just spent the whole time in her room. She made dinner twice, ate and then off to her room. I did all the clean up. I was pretty happy when they left.

I have had a few sales from my Etsy store. That was very nice. Yesterday I was sick but better today. So warming the sewing machine up!

RoDonna, I need your address. I lived in California most of my life. I'm stuck in Oregon right now. But I have a friend that works at Yosemite and I can get her to send some stuff from the visitors center.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  10:47:40 AM  Show Profile
I meant put the pizza's in the freezer.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  12:20:16 PM  Show Profile
JUDY.....I could feel you running hard and sliding on to The Porch throwing sweat and slobber
like an old dog but ya made it...just in the nick of time. And thanks for the Sweet Tea Snow
Cone...that really hit the spot!! Love Crunching on all that Slushy Ice. ~ Well, sounds like
mama is feeling enough better to feel like cooking and eating. The pot of Green Beans...sounds
sooooooo good. I almost feel like I could smell it from here. Yummy! I just might have to make
me a pot. Could do it in the slow cooker and not have to heat up the place by using the stove
top. I ran my dishwasher last night really late...so, I wouldn't heat the Apartment up.
It started out over cast this morning and cooler...which was a nice respite for awhile...gave
me a chance to open up the doors and get some fresh air running through here. It is suppose
to be HotHotHot later again. My dog is out laying on The Porch just enjoying the coolness.

Bunny...that sounds like a Christmas Movie about relatives who don't want to leave. Ha Ha!
The Company from Hell...who don't want to go home. Sorry, my friend that Mama kept escaping
to her room. She is smarter than you give her credit for I think. LOL That is kind of what
my husband does when we have company...he visits for awhile and then the next thing I know
he is off into his room and on his computer. And it doesn't matter if it's his family, friends or
whom-ever. After almost 30 years I just know how it will go. LOL

Well, started working on the Irish Christmas Stocking for my grandson. With all the problems
I have had on it so far...it will take me until Christmas to finish it. LOL I started trying
to work on it a week or so ago. I cut out all the pieces and then after spending a half an
hour trying to thread a stupid beading needle...I gave up and threw it in a drawer. I was
telling a couple of friends and one suggested a Needle Threader that came out about 40 yrs ago that her mom always used...
and is still sold at Joannes. So, I went there and bought one of the last two they had. It has
a small and large side. Well, lets just say it works on every needle but a beading needle. Grrr!
Didn't waste my money however as I will need it for when I get all the beading done and need to do regular embroidery stitching. Then my
other friend gave me a clip-on over your own glasses...magnifying glasses. Huge Help!!! Now I can
even see to thread without the threader. Then my first friend came back with a package of
longer eyed beading needles and just gave them to me. Another huge help. So, last night I got
the Christmas Tree sequenced and beaded, the star for the tree, a shamrock for the tree, and a
heart for the tree all done...and ready to sew onto the stocking. Whew...I am committed to this
project of tiny horrors I got myself into by volunteering to make his stocking. I guess I didn't realize how how old my eyes have
grown as well as the rest of my body. Gosh girls...it pretty much sucks getting older. No Golden Years About It!!!! LOL

Well, off to get something done this afternoon. I have Book Review/for my Book Club at 5:30 and
then Bible Study at 6:30-to 9:00. Have a Good One Girls.

Bunny...I can see your sewing machine smoking hot from here. So, Happy you are doing so good on
Your Etsy Store.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 12 2013 12:32:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  10:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I think it's safe to say now....... don't think Murphy and his law can attack now....... I have a home and a car!!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page