Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  07:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
ooh, so sorry Rea231!!
Hugs!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey GIRLS! (squeals in delight) GUESS what!!!!! My yard smells like heaven!!!! Oh my Oh myyy, my Japanese wisteria has just begun bloomin! and the delightful bumble bees are in heaven! bzzz bzzz bzzzzzzzz bzzz bzzz bzzzz all over those blooms!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:43:29 AM  Show Profile
I love wisteria! My husband and I have talked about planting some near the house. What's the differnce between japanese wisteria and wisteria? Is there a difference? I want some thing that smells strongly so it'll come through the windows.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Angela..
The length of the trendells (sp?) on the Japanese Blossoms are longer than ordinary ones. I am not sure about the strength of the scent but I can assure you... these Japanese ones is beautiful scent.. it brought my nose out to investigate that scent! LOL I feel like my beagle!

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile
I too love Wisteria!!! I also love bumble bees! I think all of the mono cropping and heavy agriculture has driven them away from where I live. I haven't seen one in years. They are so beautiful! I loved your pics on the other thread. I can almost smell that wisteria...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Annika...
I was so delighted to see those big fat bumble bees.. made me feel that I was contributing my flowers to them! Its have been my goal to grow things that attract bees, butterflies and such. Also birds!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  1:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is just wonderful Karrieann!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  9:06:11 PM  Show Profile
i saw a nice fat bumble bee today also
she was having fun going for new flower to flower
it was funny watching because it looked like she could not
make up her mind which was more appealing..lol
and i put up a new bird feeder squirrel proof? that never works for me
they always find a way usually by breaking them hence a new feeder each year.
it was in the 80s here today and its 70 now tonight its so nice i can't sleep
just sitting out there and sipping iced blueberry tea. i made some honey balls and can't stop eatting them so please help yourselves and save me from the whole batch..lol

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  05:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Talk about being away for a while ...I've been trying hard to get some weaving done, that I feel like I haven't been here in ages! I see some new faces, new projects and some new foods, so I'm gonna grab me a plate, a cup and a step or a rocker, kick back, enjoy this scrumptious spring weather and try to catch up with everyone. Let me just add -- no. There are never any repercussions for being away for a while, then suddenly showing up. And there is ALWAYS room for new people. We love to see new faces here on the porch. Ladies, let's talk gardening. I', gonna be planting on Wednesday. I even finally talked dh into tilling up another small place for Peaches and Cream Corn (we grow Candy Corn in the main garden!) Anyone planting anything yet? Ah. I just can't wait to dig my fingers in that dirt, and have it spread from my hairline to my toenails!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Happy Tuesday ladies! I'm just so happy that I joined this. It has been so much getting to know all of you, and being part of a swap and penpals is so much fun! Thanks ladies!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:03:05 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhh gardening. Warm dirt. Almost better than fun time with hubby. Lol I did say almost. Was weeding this morning. Green beans, carrots, onions, and peas are up. Waiting for the first corn to appear. Peppers and tomatos are doing well. Still need to get the potatos and melons in. Going to be a beautiful day. Close to 80. I need to work on my jewelry designs for farmers market on Sat but want to be outside in the dirt. Maybe can work outdoors. Well some coffee and some raisin oatmeal then back to work. You ladies have a wonderful day.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile
I've been tryin to plant in between rain storms around here. I got peas, blueberries, and strawberries out. My DH took me to my favorite store yesterday since it was raining. It's called Coxs Plant Farm. A huge greenhouse with tons of seed and tools and everything. The best part is it's owned by the sweetest old man who swears by the farmers almanac and does everything the way his daddy taught him! I love it! He taught me how to use the almanac and I use it as much as possible. I spent a rainy evening making jelly and it turned out wonderfully. 5 jars of violet (thank you Karianne), and 7 jars of Mountian Dew jelly. It's yummy! I brought both with me you have to try them!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We are glad that you are here Megan!
Julie, I have missed you soo much my friend!! I am so sorry I have not written you a letter is so long! I will get busy and write you one! We are all so happy you are one the porch with us again!! Love ya!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  2:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Channah, my friend, I think it's ME who owes YOU a letter! I've been swamped, but I'll write you a letter really soon and explain myself! Angela, this jelly is absolutely wonderful! Okay, friend. Do you share your recipes? Mountain Dew Jelly? I would LOVE to try to make it here on the Plantation! If you do, just email it to me. Ah.....girls, now you've made me hungry. I need to make another round of the food table!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh I know you are very busy Julie so I understand! :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:07:52 PM  Show Profile
It's blustery with occasional hail and snow today here, so I've baked a lovely batch of lemon shortbread cookies with a dab of lemony lemon frosting...I'm in a lemony mood today LOL! This weekend my chapter and I are going to have a tea party and exchange recipe cards or some other tidbit of fun,! So I HAD to make the lemon short bread to see if it was up to snuff for a tea party doncha know

Enjoy if you like, they're yummy if I do say so myself.
I guess I've been blessed by the lemon fairy today

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:39:50 PM  Show Profile
i am so jealous of you gals that got to go out and plant and play in the dirt today. we had a very nasty day in michigan today. good day to say inside and knit. hopefully my dirt digging days are on their way

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me too Mary Jo! We have very bad weather here. :(
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile
... I wanna know ..who has been messing with my calendar! I know we "just" had Easter but why does it feel like August already?????? :-O 87F today yikes!

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:06:42 PM  Show Profile
It got up in the 80s for us today as well! days in a row! My poor peas are sweatin to death! I'll send you that recipe. It turned out so yummy my husband has nearly cleaned out the first jar. He's a mt dew addict anyhow, so this was right up his alley. I got my squash plants and some new kinds of cukes out today. Anyone heard of jelly melon or mexican sour gherkin? I found them in an heirloom catalog and had to try them. I also found vine peach. It's kinda like a cantalope I guess. No one seems to be certian of what it is that I could track down on the net. Figured I'd give it a try too. I'm gonna tackle the rest of the garden tomorrow. My moms comin over to sit with the baby, so the plantin should be easier with little marthas "help". LOL! See you all tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Boy, have you girls been busy chatting here on the porch! I guess I have been gone longer than I thought. I have started this online course, which has my head swimming! But I am enjoying it. We have had weird weather here the past week, after having beautiful weather. Have done some gardening, but have a lot more to do. My daughter's fiance' will be here next week, and since he likes to work outside...boy do I have plans for him!
Nice to be sitting here, I need a good chat and a cup of tea!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:42:38 PM  Show Profile
evening ladies welcome megan and nice to meet you julie,
what an incredible couple of days
summer like and its spoiling me silly
cause i really want to get dirty and start planting
but i know this won't last YET lol but i am loving it
warm breezy days, i guess i feel so good because the winter was so bad and this year seemed
like it would never end.. everyone else feel that? well i brought out some fresh mint iced tea yes we have mint yippee my first edible herb of the season..lol i'm just giddy with this weather.
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  9:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Man, all you guys gettting warm weather are lucky! We had cloudy, cloudy, cloudy weather today with cold rain. It was not fun! But I had track practice, so I was able to exercise and get fresh air.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  01:52:23 AM  Show Profile
I have so missed you ladies. I miss sitting around and chatting with all of you drinking coffee and munching on all your homemade goodies. Spring is here and it feels good to sit here and feel the breeze from the open windows, drink some hot fresh coffee and chat.
I hope you all have a great day and enjoy your spring weather.

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:09:46 AM  Show Profile
I have been up all night and boy oh boy do I need the porch. I was up till two in the morning with a tree sparking the power lines waiting on the electric company to come fix it. Almost had to call the fire dept twice! After the smoke cleared, litterally, I came inside to find my middle daughter had found the scissors and cut her own hair! She couldn't sleep with all the noise and excitement and I guess she got bored. I got her somewhat fixed and settled into bed only to learn my oldest was throwing up and couldn't do the dishes after dinner. I medicated her and got her to bed in time to change, feed, and rock the baby back to sleep. Then it was off to do the dishes. Now it's time to drink a couple cups of coffee then shower and get ready for the day. By the way, does anyone know how to get a little one sleeping through the night? She's 15 months old. Shouldn't she be sleeping through the night by now? I was sure my other two were by now.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page