Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  09:43:24 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, so happy for you in your new house. I agree with Judy, should have asked for help sooner. But thankfully those guys were able to help when you needed them.

Judy, glad you are feeling better. You need to be healthy with all the responsibilities with momma. You deserve a break!

I'm being bad today and sewing instead of homework. I have until midnight Sunday to finish my last class anyway. Tomorrow will be homework day. All work and no play, makes Bunny grumpy!

We had a little sunshine yesterday, but it is gone again. Hopefully the rest of the week will be nice.

Cherime, good going on the roof holding. Hope it holds through winter.

Gypsy Tammy, sorry you are still needing to work at Walmart. But you are smart to keep at it. The magazine is called Altered Couture. I find mine in JoAnn's. They are expensive though. $15.00 each. They only come out four times a year though. I'm hoping for the February issue. The jacket that I think is going to be in the issue is one of my most popular items. I could sell that jacket ten times over.

Off to the basement,

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  10:33:43 AM  Show Profile
Bunny those mags are awesome. I buy them occasionally when I can. Good going. God's got the roof, its gonna be just fine.
Blessings all

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  11:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! We're back from vac to the Northwoods! It will take awhile to digest all we have seen and done. DH crams alot of sights,etc. into short trips! We came home Sunday night. Took this long to catch up on laundry, bills, errands, etc. Today I can catch up a little on the connection.
TLTammy, I just love that picture of your sky! Reminds me of the chalk art we used to do in school.
Peggy, loved your son's comment on God having prettier crayons! Babes say it like it is! We don't eat much red meat anymore..but that pot roast about did me in. Nothing reminds me more of home than the smell of pot roast. It's a comforting smell even now. (Well, I guess dust rags remind me of home too; but, I won't go there) Loved your fall pics of the road trip with DH and your fave fall things. Colors were so pretty. Hope your Retreat on the beach turned out great! I remember you talking about it from last year.
Bunny, sounds like things are moving right along with the mags. Can't wait to see one with your artwear in it. We just know it will happen!
Kimberly, Congrats on being in your new home! You'll be all snuggled in for winter. So wonderful that you had someone to call for help. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Judy, Sorry to hear about your shingles...no fun at all. DH has flare ups too. I'm glad it is calming down a little. Your mom is an inspiration for all of us. I'll bet she is so relieved to have that fluid taken care of.
I just made a pineapple upside-down cake and went outside to pick up black walnuts to ready for winter picking. On our trip we hiked several national parks and took pictures of numerous waterfalls. Can't believe all the up and down hills I hiked. Body is wrecked. However, once we started in...not coming back out was an option I didn't allow. Quite an adventure. My DGD will be married on 10/19 and we are crash planning that right now. Maybe things will settle down after that. I am going to work on getting the tea exchange ready to mail out. Hope you like it.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....

Nice to get on and find more people chatting besides just, Bunny, Judy and me. I love when
the Porch is full and we have to scootch over and make room for everyone. That's how it
should always be and just how I like it. I get tired of hearing myself talk. LOL

Kimberly...glad you got moved. Didn't envy you that. Done that too many times over life's
way. But I will never again say..."This Is My Last Move"...cuz sure enough it won't be.
Glad you had some help and especially with the guys moving the hay for you.
Hope you and the kids will make lots of great memories in your new home. WOW...moving and
still Home Schooling at the same time...I'm impressed girl!!!

Judy...keep us posted on your mama's test results...cuz you know we are praying up a storm.
Glad your shingles are settling down. Man I hate the pain from those things.

Judith...so glad that you had a fun vacation. Sounds like you need about a month to rest
up though. LOL My body would be in pure REVOLT Mode! LOl You will have to share some pictures
when you have time.

By the way Judith, Bunny and Judy...my phone camera just makes those pictures look soft and dreamy. Nothing I did on my own. It was probably from lack of good light and I didn't have the flash on or something. LOL

I had the grandson for the last two mornings while mommy had dental work done. He was really
fussy and I think it was from the series of shots he just had done. Nothing made him happy until I either sang to him (and that's no treat believe me) or read him a couple books...the rest of the time he was not liking anything.Poor baby! Mommy and daddy are needing some rest though too.

Right now I have my laundry going and then I will pack it for Retreat. We leave at 10:00 AM in the morning and will be gone through Sunday. Hubby is already getting moody and down...he hates
being by himself. At least this time he has work he can do to pass some of his time.

It is raining again today...but suppose to be nice tomorrow until Sunday. God usually always blesses us with good weather at the Beach.

I think I am going to need a bit of a snooze this afternoon from watching baby. Love that little
guy to pieces even if he does cry. There is just something adorable about his little cry.
He is getting tall (longer in length) but not gaining enough weight. But get this...his Pediatrician won't let him have cereal for another month (at 5 months old). So, I'm sorry but if
the breast milk isn't doing it...he needs a supplement source of nutrition. I told Sadie not
to worry about it...once he goes on the cereal he will chunk up. But he is only in the 5% for his age on weight and 55 % in his length. It's funny but I never was a by the book type of mother...I did what my gut instinct told me was the right thing for my kids. But Elijah's parents
are 100% all about doing exactly what their Dr.'s say. So, all I can do is listen and listen some more. They will learn with the next one. LOL

OK...don't know if I will haul my computer to Retreat or Not...so you may not hear from me for a few days....but Judy & Bunny no sending the Posse after me. I am on fur-low! LOL

Have a Good rest of the week and weekend girls!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, my son and stepson both could not get enough to eat. I finally had to give them both cereal in a bottle with a cross cut nipple. Otherwise they did nothing but scream, starving all the time. Neither of those two boys is over weight.
My son was walking before other kids were crawling. My kids did not allow me to worry about a book. ;)

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cherime...believe you me...I hear you girl!!! That is crazy to me that the kids would put
up with this new medical nonsense...they are both extremely smart kids...but they are doing
every thing they are told...like robots. I'm shocked! I am a mother however, that only gives her
opinion if asked and I won't keep nagging on them about doing it mom's way. I figure they are
just making it harder on themselves.

I'm all packed and ready to go. I got a little cat nap this afternoon...so, I should be good.

Take care you all...I'll enjoy The Beach for all of you!! (+:

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  7:30:43 PM  Show Profile
OK....here we go again. Mama is all filled up with that nasty fluid again. DogGoneIt!!! Do SOMETHING Docs! All they did today was an EKG.
That's it. I went in this evening to see her, thinking that she'd have a bunch of things to tell me and I could read some test results,
but nope....just an EKG. Then, get this, they gave her Lasix...after I left...at night...so she can wet the bed. I said to the nurse while I was there, "Surely you're not going to give her that NOW!" She said, "Well I could call the doc and see what he wants to do."
Another loooong wait. So I left and called Mama to let her know I made it home safely and she said that they were just giving it to her...at 8PM. WHAT!!!!Has medicine gone mad? I told that nurse that I worked in Pharmacy for almost 13 years and we always told people not to take it at night. If their doc told them to, either they called them or we called them to have it changed to daytime. Even the VA had my hubby doing that until I told him to have them change it. He did and all is well. Let's interrupt their sleep and see how they like it. Bet they'd be REALLY grumpy all the next day. LOL OK, I'm off my soap-box now. Just had to vent...ya know?
Peg, sure hope you enjoy yourself. Right now...to me...stuffing myself in your suitcase and just sitting on a beach, doing Nuttin'...sounds GREAT!!! Come on everybody....let's go with her. We ALLLL need a VaCa!!! Right?
Well, I'm bushed. Tomorrow is laundry day...if this gorgeous weather holds out. It's iffy. It sprinkled on me just a tiny bit coming home tonight. But did I close my sunroof....OHHHH NOOOOO! Loved the air sweeping over me. Was a little warm today and in the 80's, so that air felt great.
Nite Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  8:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My Ladies,

MIA due to doctor appointments, getting a tooth pulled and a reaction to a new med. Yuk!

Judy,
Poor Momma. The fluid is possibly due to her liver function. I hope she feels better and it is correctable. I was always cold during chemo and still now, but not as bad.
Poor you. Stress related illneses. Hope you feel better. Keep us posted.

Peggy,
Lovely pictures. Made me hungry too so I had to have a piece of freshly baked pumpkin pie. It was still warm and sooooo good! Have a great time on your retreat. Wish I was there! Hope your fibro stays in check! BTW I got my teas at The Christmas Tree Shoppe. Do you have them? They have different teas than anywhere else.

Bunny,
Slam Dunk GF! Keep on sewing. That is your calling! No more fibro for you either!

Kim,
God is Faithful All the time. I pray Blessings,Peace,Comfort and Love as you make a new life in your new home. I'm so happy for you.

TLT,
Cute sons proud Mama. Great pictures too.

GT,
What is your new job? Do you like it?

I'm tired so I will leave the rest of the pumpkin pie and an assortment of teas on the table in the corner. Pull up a chair and have some. Relax and feel the love.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gals, I awoke at 7:30 to some hard rains and thunder. At first I thought someone was knocking at my door. Yesterday we were awakened to pounding on our door. It was the UPS dude. Hubby's insulin. It said perishable and by golly it wasn't going to spoil on HIS route, No Siree!!! He was going to stand there and pound until someone answered. LOL We were both sound asleep too, wore out from sress. It was funny, we both looked at each other and laughed. We couldn't get our eyes open, couldn't speak clearly...looked like we had both been on a drinking binge the night before. hahahahaha So, ya, it rained for 2 hours off n on. I finally drug my lazy self out of bed at 9:45. *tsk-tsk* Now the sun is shining, I can hang out my laundry. Yeaaaa! I called Mama and told her some new info that a very sweet, concerned "Friend" e-mailed me about, and told I her to watch out for any changes in her body. Then I read her all of your e-mail comments from the past few days. She was laughing and cheerful. Even the preacher that stops by her room told her that he enjoyed her spirit, faith and personality. Then her Deacon and wife stopped in so I let her go to visit. She did say that they are going to drain her again today sometime. Praise the Lord!
Well, daylight's a burnin' and I'm sitting here gabbin' so I'd better get busy.
Thanks Darlene for the card...Mama loved it.
Thanks again for all of your concern and Prayers. We can feel them. Praise God and May He Bless Yuns Real Good!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  9:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Evening...everybody must be on their roost already.
Well, all they got was 1 liter of fluid out of Mama today. I thought they would get more since she looked as swelled as she was on Tuesday.
Tomorrow they are going to do a scoping on her. She didn't know what kind. Since she ate regular meals today it won't be a lower one.
I did all of our laundry today but didn't get to hang it out. It stormed this afternoon again. We really needed the rain. So happy to see it.
Well, nite all. I'm all in for today.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  12:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...had a beautifull day at the beach. Sunny and pretty. Took a nice long walk on the Beach...played games tonight....had a healthy dinner...and a few munchies.
Shopping tomorrow. Beauty Sleep Tonight! Night and sweet dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies! I'm home nursing a migraine I woke up with about 4 this morning. We have a snow storm moving in west of us (hopefully) and about noon today it started pouring rain so I'm figuring that the storm fronts triggered it. Can't remember the last time I missed work for one, so it's been a while. When I went to bed last night it was 48' so I shut the window for the first time this fall. M* asked last night if I wanted to turn the furnace on but I stubbornly refused - I hate turning it on any earlier than I have to. It's remained chilly today and has gotten damp in the house with all the rain this afternoon so I broke down and turned the furnace on. I can't believe the 4 letter work (sn*w) is in the forecast already this early in October!!! They're saying we might have a really early winter this year. I saw pics of Rapid City, SD today and pray we don't get hit with that.

Kimberly: So happy you have a new home. I don't know why we push ourselves so hard when we move but I homeschooled through our move from Maine to Michigan years ago and afterwards wondered why I didn't give myself some slack. Take a nice soothing bath and have a cup of tea and hopefully that bruised feeling will go away quickly.

Judy: So sorry your mother is going through so much. Reminds me, especially today, that there are others much worse off than I am.

Judith: Your lucky you went when you did since all the National Parks are closed now. Sad state of affairs.

Darlene: I work for a company doing Medicare Part B redeterminations, currently specializing in lab.

Bunny: Do you know of any online fabric stores? I cannot find enough cotton fabric locally to design a quilt. The cotton selection even at the fabric stores in Bismarck are pitiful.

Well I think I'll go make myself a cup of tea and relax before M* gets home. No idea what we'll have for supper since I'm queasy from the migraine. I'll put the pot of tea out for everybody to pour a cup for themselves so help yourself and take some of the mint chip brownies I made last night.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  4:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, check out fabricdepot.com and fabric.com. Both are pretty good for having good quality fabrics. I think fabric.com has better prices and online choices.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile
mmmmmmm....mint brownies and tea ...now THAT'S a treat *giggle* Thank you Tammy! Sure hope that migraine takes a hike reeeeal soon!!
Ya, I saw in my e-weather site that the west was getting hammered with snow. I heard that winter was going to be early and really snowy and cold too. And boy-oh-boy, the way the squirrels are running around here gathering the black walnuts....I know it must be so!
Well, I went to see Mama today and she said they canceled her scoping in place of some liver tests. They had done nothing yet. Then one of the hospital docs came in and said she could go home...no more tests...didn't know what we were talking about...they didn't say that. Whatever! They just decided to up her water pills, restrict her liquids to 1 qt a day and restrict her salt. Come back to see the doc in 2 or 3 weeks. But we didn't get any prescriptions. Typical. She looked thru her papers and I looked thru the ones I had and Nothing. Maybe they called them into the pharmacy, but they should be documented someplace where I can read about them. Right? Tomorrows another day. I'm tired...she's tired. She wasn't taking anything tonight she said but was going to bed. She hasn't slept well the past 2 nights. Man, sounds like they just wanted to get her out of there before the weekend, doesn't it. grrrr.
Night porchies! Rest well!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  6:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Ladies,

Peggy,
I'm really, really, really jealous! I haven't been to the beach since my son scooped me away before all the cancer stuff started. Bless his heart. I can smell the ocean and hear the waves right now though. I'm still jealous! LOL! Have a great time and eat some seafood for me!

PGT,
Sorry about your migraine. I used to get them. They are wicked. Since they put me on a certain BP med I haven't had one in years. The doc said now they use it for migraines. Hope you are better by now. Sounds like a good job. You probably know more about medicare than all of us on it! LOL! I love snow but not yet! I don't like to turn the furnace on until I really have to either. Right now I'm sitting here with the windows open.

Judy,
How awful for your mama. Did you get any lab results? I hate to say this but the lasix and fluid restriction isn't the answer. Is this her Oncologist or just a Hospitalist? Those are the docs that cover the patients in the hospital only. You know to watch her for a decrease in her potassium because of the lasix. She may need a supplement if he didn't put her on one. Have her drink OJ and eat bananas if she can. Keep us posted. Prayers!

Bunny,
Thanks for the fabric sites. I'll check them out too! Are there any wholesale sites you could recommend?

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  1:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Judy, hope momma starts to feel better soon.

Darlene and Tammy, also check out Etsy.com for fabric. Sometimes there will be a shop owner selling cool fabrics for much less than the websites. I could never compete with them.

Sewing today. Had to rip out a whole dress. It wouldn't fit over the dress form after I sewed it. I'll get it right!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  7:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!
Mama still didn't sleep well last night. I slept like a rock...again. *giggle* She napped this afternoon though while I ran all over the place doing errands. I can't believe I can't find bed-pads in large...only smaller ones. Weird. I got her some CoQ10 at the health food store. I really think that when we go to her oncologist Thursday for a consult and her last chemo, I'm going to tell him, "NO MORE CHEMO!" I know her, I see her so run down and losing pep and spunk and seriously....enough is enough! Quit nuking her liver.It's time to build her back up.
He said that he looked at the tests and x-rays and scans that she had in hospital and he thinks it's gone...so ...ok....ENOUGH!
Am I being too protective and overly dramatic?? The guy at the health food store said I had every right to tell him that. After all...who knows Mama better than I do? I see her changing big time... and not for the better. What say you?
Yes, she's on potassium. She started it when she started Lasix. She eats lots of bananas and drinks OJ, so we're on the right track there. When I got to her place after running my errands, the phone rang and it was the hospital calling to say that they found a prescription for Aldactone(water pill) and 2 orders for her to go see the hospital doc to have blood drawn, the same guy who was (suppose) to do a liver scan yesterday(but said that he never said that).I told the nurse to just mail me all that stuff and fax the pharmacy that med. We've already decided that she's not going to see any of those hospital docs. Her oncologist takes blood Thursday...that's enough. They had so many docs coming into her room to see her, I'd hate to see that bill because you know that they all get a cut just for walking in and saying hi.
Except for the fluid draining that they did on her, they really did nothing else for her all week. My husband(LPN)even said he was really disappointed. Her first day there in the E.R. was the only profitable day she had.
Her ankles and legs looked better today already.
It rained off and on all day. Perfect day for Mama to lay around.
Well, I'm going to bed!
Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  3:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny.
How many times after all the work do we have to redo something? How frustrating! I could cry for you! Been there! I looked on your sites and I am so impressed every time I see what you do. I can't even imagine how you do it. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the fabric tip.

Judy,
Hope things are better today. My heart just breaks for your mama. I'm going to weigh in. I agree that you should forget the hospital docs. Deal only with her oncologist. Ask these questions and get an answer. 1. Is mama filling up from liver disease?
2. Is there tumor in her liver or abdomen? The 2 most common reasons for the fluid. The oncologist said said he thinks it's gone? REALLY? It is or it isn't? Get All the results of her tests so you can read them. The impression at the end of the reports will tell all. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Hope everyone is well and weather is good.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  5:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I do hope you are doing well. it has been a very cold weekend here. I felt a bit sorry for the roofers as they were putting our new roof on our house. This was a much needed project that needed to be done so the insurance company should be happy I hope and will now include it in our insurance. We will need new gutters too but have to save for that project. I did get a tad upset they ran over a pot of my mums. I would have gladly moved them now I am hoping hubby can help me fix them.

It is a busy week at school. WE are in last week of the first quarter. So I will be busy getting last minute grades in gradebook and doing report cards so I can prepare for parent conferences next week. I am always relieved when those are done.

But I did get to read a book this weekend. It is called A Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. Excellent book. I couldn't put it down. Not sure what I am going to read next. I am nearly done with my crochet scarf and then hoping to make a blanket.

Well just wanted to check in.
Peggy hope you had a lovely time at the beach. I would love to go to a beach. HOpe you picked some shells.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  4:52:58 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! M* is out picking up a snowmobile to get us ready for winter LOL I'm thinking we need a snow blower more than a snowmobile but you know men and their toys. The weather today is nice, about 68' with a light breeze. Seems like fall is trying again to hold out against winter's arrival - temps are predicted in the 70's all week (yah). Finally turned off the furnace today. It was so cold and damp all weekend that M* wouldn't turn it off. Granted it was nice to not wake up and take a shower with a chilly house but it grates against every frugal bone in my body.

Bunny - Thank you for the fabric suggestions. I'll be checking them out. Isn't it frustrating when you have to do that! It always happens right before I'm ready to stop before the night too.

Judy - The brownies were tasty LOL I'm still a bit headache-y today but Excedrin migraine is keeping in check thankfully. What a mess you're dealing with. You have the patience of a saint Sister!!! I think one of the best pieces of advice I've heard is to keep a notebook and write everything in it. Who examined her, what they said, tests they ordered, when shots were given including by who and what it was, etc…

Darlene - What is the name of the BP med? I will have to go back on a BP med when my insurance kicks in and it would be nice to suggest one that might help me in other aspects as well.

I wouldn't say I know more about Medicare, at least not at this stage. I can say from what I've seen so far is that the biggest problem with billing is doctor's office not coding it right. I will be suspicious of ever being told my insurance won't pay for something and I'm responsible. NEVER sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) no matter how much they say that the test/procedure is medically necessary so you can't be held responsible for denied claims. If it is truly medically necessary AND they bill it right Medicare will pay it. If they demand you to sign an ABN check the box that says you don't want the test/procedure if Medicare doesn't pay.

The man just texted he's on the way back so I better get supper going :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  11:34:29 PM  Show Profile

Hi My Porchies...

I just got back from four glorious days at Lincoln City Oregon. The weather was a Perfect 71 degree's each day, there was hardly any wind, The Ocean was Stunning and all you needed
was a light wind-breaker jacket or shirt sleeves to walk on the Beach.
It was bright sunshine each and every day. For any of you who follow my Facebook posts...you have already seen and heard about some of this.

This was My Women's Bible Study Group that went down together as we have done every year for 22 years now. We rent a big house together and we all pitch in to pay the bill so it usually only costs us around 60.00 each for 4 days/3 nights. You cannot even get a cheap motel for that price...and we are always over-looking The Ocean. We will usually rent the same place for like 3 or 4 years in a row and then we get tired of the same place and start looking for a newer (to us)different house for the next few years. So, we have had some really lovely homes to stay at over the years.

This started out for about the first 17 years...as a Spiritual Retreat, with lots of time in The Word and Lessons to share etc.
But one year, it seemed that each woman had experienced many struggles through-out that particular year...it had just been a year of emotional, physical, personal, and spiritual challenges all year long.
So, The Spirit lead me to just turn our annual Retreat that year into
just a RETREAT...where we went there only to rest, relax, fellowship with each other and even shop and eat out...but He promised me (as a teacher and the leader) He would still meet us there at our Own Personal Place of Need. It was our BEST RETREAT EVER and God was very present and in the forefront of our hearts, minds and spirit.

So, from that year forward that is our only major goal...is to go
get a respite from the Challenges of Life and let God bathe us in His
Love and Embrace us in our places of need and Refresh our Spirits and Renew Our Weariness from Life. And He is always with us. And this year in particular He was just plain showing-off for all of us...as everything was picture postcard perfect.

We have one sister who just lost her older brother and her mother...just two weeks apart...and just two weeks ago. Both deaths rather sudden. One woman whose husband retired a year ago...and they have found they are not doing retirement together very well and a myriad of other things going on in each person's lives...so, it gave
us a chance to embrace each other, lift each other up, pray for each other and encourage one another and Just Be 'God with Skin On' for each other. It was a beautiful time of Friendship and Sisterhood.

We have been through every possible scenario of life with each other over the past 24 years and I know these women would lay down their lives for each other if need be. And yet, we all come from different Churches and different pasts...but it is a beautiful thing to be apart of.

Will write more to you individually tomorrow. Glad to be home.
As Dorothy said, "There's No Place Like Home" even IF it was a
Fabulous Time Away!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 08 2013 11:05:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  04:48:13 AM  Show Profile
Peggy looks like a real blessing.
ladies God bless us every one!

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! It's a wonderful fall evening. Took the pups for a stroll while dinner was baking. Wish we could have been wandering longer but had to get back for supper.

BFTammy: It sounds like a lot of fun. It's a neat idea to change up houses too. Do you do your own cooking or do you go out for meals?

Reading Update:
Plain and Simple wisdom by Sue Bender. She wrote a book about living with the Amish called Plain and Simple and this book is a spin off of that. It's just a thin book with short sentences or paragraphs regarding living plain and simple. I read it in one night but it would be a good book to read a page a day to meditate on.

Homesteading on the Plains - Daily Life in the Land of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Mary Dodson Wade. Interesting book although I wish it was more in depth on topics. It's an easy read, think I finished it in 2 nights but it could probably be done in a day if you're curled up with bad weather.

Transition from City Madness to Rural Bliss - Living in the Woods of Nova Scotia by Derek Dubolski. It was a pretty good read. His vegan/vegetarian mindset irritated me at times but otherwise it was interesting. I could see myself having some of the same problems controlling how many animals I acquired.

The Younger Edda - Also called Snorre's Edda or The Prose Edda. Finally finished this tomb of a book which is Norse mythology. Norse mythology is something I've developed an interest in especially since moving here. This was a neat book in that it had a section of the stories as well as an educational and historical information section.

Current Read: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Crime by Tamar Myers. This is another one of the Amish mystery novels I ordered that I regretted ordering more than one after reading the first one. I'm definitely not impressed with this one in regards to it being Amish. In this one the main character, a single Amish woman, decides to rent her B&B to a film crew after they offered her a ton of money for the use of the barn to film a movie in and also agrees to have a role in the movie. Very anti-Amish traits, at least in my opinion.

I've been able to get quite a bit of reading done especially since M* has started reading in the evening too. We'll sit for an hour or so before bed reading and then read for another 30 minutes to hour in bed. He's finished the Harry Potter series, read the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy, and is working on Dan Brown's The De Vince Code now. He's going through books so fast I let him use up a bunch of my credits on PaperBackBookSwap to order some more last night. Hopefully they come in before he finishes up his current one lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Praire Tammy...Nothing I love more than a Man who reads!!! That is awesome! My DH use to never
read anything but News type Magazines but the last few years he started reading Mystery Novels
and I so enjoy discussing good books with him. ~ Take it M* didn't like The Hunger Games book???
Since he didn't continue with it...or is he just taking a break from it?

OK...Nothing too much going on here tonight huh?? I am really tired tonight. Went with hubby to
do a Process Serve and it was a nice country drive, then I came home and made a big pot of
home-made soup for dinner with real Crusty Kalamato Olive bread. It was so yummy!!!

More tomorrow girls!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  2:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! Good news...Mama didn't have to go thru the last chemo today! Praise God! But she does have some liver problem which the chemo doctor doesn't understand. So now she has to go to a liver doctor to see what's up. Poor Mama! They are going to drain off fluid again next week, I think it is, don't have the papers in front of me.
So that's the latest on "Ohio's General Hospital." *giggle*
I gleaned the last of the tomatoes(a small bucket full)from the garden...that we didn't plant this year. All last years volunteers. Gonna have a sweet snack tonight after DH gets home from work.
Have a great evening porch-buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page