Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  6:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Have a very happy thanksgiving all. Blessings

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  8:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Porch-Buds!
We have about 6 inches of snow and it's so gorgeous. Last night it was sooo quiet that I told Hubby that you could hear the snow falling. I breathed in the clear, clean air over and over. I just couldn't get enough of it so it seemed. The trees looked like they were iced and powdered with confectionary sugar and the pines looked like someone poured marshmallow fluff over them. I just loved it.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 28 2013 09:04:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  9:02:11 PM  Show Profile

There's some snow for ya!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  04:15:42 AM  Show Profile
The snow photos are beautiful! I'm not a big fan of snow (I'm a true Southern California girl at heart!), but I do love how quiet and peaceful the world becomes when it snows. I especially love the way the new fallen snowflakes glisten at night under the street lights. It is truly magical,

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  09:37:16 AM  Show Profile
I rarely visit the porch because I cannot keep up with all of my Sisters of the Porch, but I've pooped in to wish all of you a very wonderful Thanksgiving and a Happy Hanukkah to any and all Jewish sisters that happen to be about

Judy, the pics are fabulous! I adore the quiet and soft clean scent of falling snow!

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

She with the most chickens wins

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  09:59:09 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY PORCHIES...

Judy...truly Gorgeous pictures!!! And your description was Poetic. I could almost hear the snow falling
and yet it is bright Sunshine and Cold here. So, we will ALL love your snow with you. Thanks for sharing.

Annika...good to have you on The Porch again. Please do pop in once in awhile!! Blessings to you!

Jan...so you are a Southern Cali Girl huh? That means you had many Holidays with heat and sun...not cold, rainy,
or snowy. Snow probably is rather strange for you. I grew up in SNOW and that truly is one of the reasons I
moved to the Western side of Washington...to get away from all that cold, ice and snow that the Eastern side gets.
When I lived in Spokane we got what is called "Cabin Fever" due to so much snow for so many months. You felt trapped
like you couldn't go anywhere for 5 months out of the year. But I do think snow is lovely and gorgeous and fun...
if you get it one day or night then three days later it is all gone. And that is your snow for the Winter. LOL

OK...off to get ready for Thanksgiving Dinner. HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  09:45:02 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I do wish you'd some of that wonderful snow my way (just a bit south of Lima). It's just cold here. No snow.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was wonderful. I told my husband one loaf of bread should be enough, but I made two to make him happy. There's none left. Turns out homemade bread was everyone's favorite part of the meal. Now I have to make more for my family that's on their way down for the weekend.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  10:25:04 AM  Show Profile
Our THANKSGIVING WAS ALL ABOUT THE FAMILY...We went out to Dinner to our favorite on the water Restaurant and they
changed everything up this year. The food was served differently, the cost had gone way up (but what hasn't) and the
sun was so bright that they had to pull the shades down (there went the water view) and the food didn't seem as good
as years past. BUT put that all aside and the whole meal was ALL about seeing our family and friends. And little
Elijah was the center of attention. He is such a good baby...he just let's everyone hold him and fuss over him and he
is just so content and happy. His Great Grandma Georgia was with us this year. I had heard all kinds of stories about
her...but she was just so sweet and delightful. It was just a Wonderful time of gathering and love!!! We just had the
best time.

HOPE YOUR Thanksgiving was fabulous too!!!

I didn't eat one piece of turkey...I can't believe that!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  4:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Has anybody moved this year since the original tea exchange list went out? PeggyAnn did you move? I want to make sure that everybody gets their envelopes. November tea exchange will be mailed Monday. Sorry I'm late but hopefully you'll like your gifts :O)

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. It was so quiet here. No kids around, just us. It was nice to have the quiet though. There are so many people where I work that I'm needing quiet time to balance myself. M* took over cooking for the day so I got to work on some other things I needed to get done. Friday was a work holiday but we were allowed to work extra if we wanted so I went in for about 4 hours and earned double time.

I think I mentioned a while back that M* picked up a free Kirby at a yard sale. Finally took it in, the beater bar was shot and it wouldn't work. Now I have a tuned up, freshly polished vacuum back. Works like a dream again too.

M*'s buddy called him last night and requested help dressing a deer they'd gotten. In appreciation for M*'s help he gave us 2 packages of salmon steaks and M*'s on his way to pick up some freshly made jerky as I type (yummm).

Well need to get back to making turkey stock and getting it divided up to put in the freezer. I love turkey season!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  07:28:52 AM  Show Profile
Regarding the tea list, was somebody added part way through? Peggy I got your address correction - Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  09:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Darlene Riboldi was added.

I will send you her address privately.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1501 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  1:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies!! Happy December! It is my month for tea, as I recall. I am searching my email for the list. Could someone send it to me???

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  3:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies!
PGTammy, has your e-mail changed since you switched your name to Praire Gypsy? I sent the TeaSwap List to your old e-mail earlier.
Alicia, I sent it to you too.
Let me know if you got it girls.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  6:49:31 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I received the list. Thank you!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  7:44:35 PM  Show Profile
All righty then....we are back on track for the last 2 months of the Tea-Swap for 2013! Thanks girls for letting me know!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  08:04:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow... what a weekend... We decided to put in a makeshift kitchen in our house (we're renovating). The house is a 1914 Craftsman. I think the original builder of the house didn't own a level or square. Our kitchen floor was wavy and not strong at all. So, we tore the existing floor out down to the joists and the walls out down to the studs. So far we have strengthened the joists and starting putting the flooring back in. Hope to complete it tomorrow night.

I bought a used stove, the kitchen cabinets are coming from my parents, and I'm so excited to ahve a kitchen!!!

So good to be back home!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  12:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I am surprised nobody sent the Posse after me. I got my house all decorated for Christmas and thus too pooped
at night to post. I cannot believe that Christmas is 3 weeks from today. I Hope I get everything done that I
need to. Mercy...it just all of a sudden freaked me out!!

Bunny...hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your boys and ex. Probably sad to see them go home. Is your mom'
back from California yet?

Cherime...What did you do for Thanksgiving?

Hope the last two gals got the Tea List All Figured out.

I am going to start taking down names for Tea Swap 2014 in the next week or so...so be thinking about which month you would
like to do. The only two taken are Jan./Me and Nov./PG-Tammy.

I have to take my husband back tomorrow to get the rest of his right eye lazered. They want to do both...but we are not going to
have them do the second one until next week or the week after. It takes two or three days for him to feel like nothing is irritating
his eye any more. And his eye waters like crazy.

My youngest son has his Office Christmas Party this Saturday Evening so I get to have my Grandson. Yahoo...I can't wait. He is just the sweetest thing. The Dr. told my kids that he wanted them to be reading to Elijah now at 6 months old. I laughed...cuz we have been reading to him since about 2 months old. He loves books already.

I did a lot of Christmas Shopping on-line this year. And now all the pkg's are coming in and my husband thinks I robbed the bank. LOL
I just got really good deals and free shipping on most of it. So, I'm pretty happy. Beats fighting crowds at The Mall. Which I refuse to do. After working at The Mall for 8 years...I could probably count on one hand how many times I've set foot back in the Mall.
I prefer destination stores...even big box stores opposed to the Mall.

Well, girls I'm tired tonight. Did anyone besides me watch The Sound of Music? I thought it was pretty good. Would love to hear
some others of you comment what you thought.

Nightie Night...Sleep Tight and STAY WARM!!!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  06:29:14 AM  Show Profile
Went up to Willow for Thanksgiving. It is odd weather here. Down to -15 then up to 30 with rain real difficult to deal with.
Got a nasty spider bite. Had to go over to my daughters and have her lance the blisters. Its on my right shoulder. Again where I can't see to do much.
Praise report the lady friend I have been watching is getting much better. DD and I doing a bazaar this weekend. Hopefully we shall make a little money.
God Bless and later all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  09:31:36 AM  Show Profile
IT'S SNOWING!!!!!

JUST A GENTLE BUT PRETTY SIGHT. HUBBY AND I ARE HEADED OUT TO BnN.

More Later Girls!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  7:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Its raining in Alaska. In December???? I hear its snowing in Florida. Ah.....what's up with that???

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  11:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...that is so weird that you are getting rain and it snowed in Florida. Talk about mixed up weather.

We didn't even get more than an inch of snow but it remained really cold. Didn't get much above freezing. And we
had some really icy spots. Canceled hubbies eye surgery...because people don't know how to drive in ice and snow
here and both bridges across the river were parking lots. So, now we can't get in until January...but that is ok.
Our Church opened up for sheltering the Homeless through this cold period. We are the only Church in the area doing
that...but we are one of the biggest Churches in Vancouver. We are are in an old K-Mart Bldg. Very Big Space.
A lot of the Holiday Events were canceled for the Evening in both Portland and Vancouver...because of the icy roads.

I feel very blessed to be all snug as a bug in my Apartment...all decorated and pretty. Had some hot coffee and then
later had a glass of wine and just sat in the dark with only the Tree Lights on. So relaxing and so comfy.

I am going to make a big pot of homemade soup tomorrow...I think that will hit the spot for this really cold weather.

OK...girlies I'm rounding up the Posse to bring some of you back to the Porch.

Night girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  2:37:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm here, I'm here...I had to LOL when you said you were surprised that nobody sent the posse out after you! What fun is that when you are the HEAD of THAT brigade!!! That would be like deputies arresting the sheriff! hahaha
We got about 4 inches of snow night before last and all day yesterday. Soooo purty! But it is soooo bitter cold today! Gonna be in teens tonight...low teens. brrrrrrrr...time for flannel-lined underwear! LOL
Isn't it funny how people move to areas that, they have no idea how to drive in? What In The World!!! *giggle*
My right side of my face is aching like I've been jap-slapped again. It woke me in the middle of the night, so that I had to get up and take an anti-viral. Here we go again! shingles....*UGH*
Where are ya'll anyhoo?
Time to snuggle with the kitty and drink cocoa and watch a Christmas movie!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  4:36:44 PM  Show Profile
It's officially Christmas! My daughter and I went to the Swedish Embassy in Washington, DC this afternoon for it's annual Scandinavian Market and Santa Lucia sing. I look forward to going every year! So many people come to see it now that they've moved the sing outdoors. Brrrrr! But it was relatively nice outside and the gals now wear electric candles instead of real ones. So now I'm all in the Christmas spirit. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  6:38:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I heard the posse was coming so I flew in through the snow andbelow zero the
temps. I think my wings are froze. I have been baking for our school cookie walk tomorrow. We do our Christmas program and then sell cookies and candies afterward. There are lots of goodies and it is a good fundraiser for our school. Then I will bake a few for myfamily. We have two moreweeks of school then two weeks off.yeah!
This week has been terribly cold and tonigjt it is supposed to snow. Wears me out being out in it. My boys started wrestling season this week tooandmybiblestudy is finishing up our study and the break until after Christmas. But we will have a party together. Should be bvfun.

Peggycould I have June for tea swap. I need a summer month because I just can't do it during the school year.
Well ladies mytea kettle is singing its song. So off I go.
Love and blessings to you
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  09:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Heard the hoof beats coming, so here I am. teehee
I too, had to LOL when I ready about Peggy being surprised no one sent out the Posse for her. Judy is right, it would be like the deputies going after the Sheriff, to funny!

I got sick while visiting Jared (son in air force) and his family for Thanksgiving in MD. Now Hubby is getting it. NOT fun..goes from runny nose to the chest and STAYS there. awful stuff. Been hacking up junk n blowing my nose and I gotta listen to him go through it?? H E L P!
Supposed to visit other son (also in air force) in Florida on the 15th. He n his wife are visiting her mother there and it's closer to NC to visit him there rather than going out to CA, but if hubby isn't well..we shall see..

So got my Christmas cards out, most of them anyhoo. Waiting for stamps that should be in the box on Monday. House is decorated. Yes, I dragged myself around the house to create cheer for ME! Hubby brought in our 40 year old Mountain King tree(best tree ever made) and put it up and has lights and top on it (which is also 40 years old). So far, so good, but guess who gets to finish it...

Stephanie: where is Cherryville, NC? I'm in the western tip of NC.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page