Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy - Glad I could make you smile too! We didn't get one of those trees. They were way too big! Our is a really fat one though. Check out the holiday gathering thread. I posted pictures of all 3 of my trees there. I think I finally have more snow that you - from the sounds of it. We had about 6 or 7 inches Friday night and Saturday. Sometimes it was big huge fluffy flakes and they were so pretty!!! We were out driving around with friends looking at Christmas lights, drinking hot chocolate, and listening to Christmas songs when the snow started. It was perfect!!! I posted some pictures of that too on the holiday thread. It takes too long for me to upload again tonight - I'm supposed to be working on Christmas gifts while hubby is snowmobiling, but I had to take a break and visit with my sisters. I

Peggy - thanks for putting me down for the tea swap. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm glad your husband is alright. I know how he feels though - a couple years ago it was freezing rain and I was running to the house. When I went to reach for the back door my fit slid out from under me and I landed right on my bottom - just as my father in law was walking out to check the woodstove. I was so embarrassed.

Grace - love the kitty picture. I have 10 cats, but they're all outside. We do take good care of them though. They're all friendly at usually meet me at the back door every time I come outside.

TLTammy - I bet your butterflies are looking forward to a break as much as you!! I hope you have a great break and that the new year goes smoothly for you.

Well porchies - my tea is gone so I better get back to work on Christmas. I did make my first batch of cookies today - chocolate chip M&M - so help yourself.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  11:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...

Judy...I got you down for June. Also got your cool vintage Christmas Card today! Love It...so neat.

Everyone must be Christmas Busy!!! As we race to get all our Shopping, Cooking, Parties, Church Dramas
and Musicals...enough to keep us all loving The Season but ready to settle in for that "Long Winters
Nap.." Right???

Just a little reminder that we still have 4 of the first months of the year to fill in for the Tea Swap -
Feb, March, April and May.

And there is still time to sign up for my 4,000 Post Drawing. Yes, I have almost made it to 4,000 MJF Posts and
I want to celebrate by doing a Give-Away for one of My Porchies...since I post on here mostly.

I'm tired and another busy day ahead of me tomorrow.

Night Sweet Things,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  7:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey....greetings all! It was a great day in North Texas today....70 degrees. Oops, not rubbing it in for all of you with snow and cold. Just kinda basking 'cause we have a freeze to look forward to next week at this time...so they say, and they sure were correct the last time!! :)

Peggy ... so sorry to hear about your hubby's fall. And sounds like you had a marvelous day with the son and grandson!

Hope everyone stays warm!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  07:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello, all! Life is crazy here with trying to get ready for Christmas and trying to keep the kids' heads above water with their school work. I honestly don't see how those full-time working moms can do it all.

We're doing a split a Christmas this year with me going to California to visit my family and my husband taking the kids up to Vermont to be with his family. I haven't been with my family for Christmas for about 8 years, so this will be a big treat. It is just too cost prohibitive to pay for four airplane tickets. My mom's been battling a reoccurrence of her cancer, so I want to be there for the holiday with her while she is still doing well. It will also be the first year that the big celebration won't be at the family home since she moved into a retirement community this past Spring. It will be hard for her after living there for 48 years.

So, I'm frantically wrapping presents, getting boxes ready to ship, cleaning the house, packing, attending school meetings, orchestra concerts and trying to get our Christmas card out for the first time in 6 years. I have all of the photo cards to send, but we just haven't gotten around to send. Won't people be surprised when they open that envelope!

Anyway, off to the races. I hope y'all have a good day!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  4:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Jan, hope you save some time for you. Don't wear yourself out so you don't have a good time with mom.

I have had three dress sales in 5 days. I'm very grateful! Really needing the money.

My mom is doing well in California. But boyfriend isn't well. He battled cancer a few years back and now his platelets are down. She is hoping the cancer didn't come back. Other than that she plans on coming back the end of March. She is still dealing with the reverse mortgage. Two liens that were suppose to be removed on the house are still there. She only has until the end of the month to get everything done. After that she doesn't qualify anymore. I try not to to worry.

Not much else going on. I'm on my own for Christmas. I plan on watching Dr. Who all day and making myself something special for dinner.

Until later.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  4:57:29 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, we love Dr Who in our house! Enjoy your watching time.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  8:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Jan, on December 25 they introduce a new Dr Who. I'll miss the old one. Not sure I like the new one....he is too old.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  10:22:22 AM  Show Profile
I HAVE HEARD OF DR. WHO...but never watched it.

Icy Roads today. I do not like Black Ice and we get a lot
of it here when it is cold. It rained yesterday and then
a cold system hit and froze the rain on the streets and
walk ways.

Hope my check comes in early tomorrow as I still have stocking
stuffers to buy and a few more gift cards. Other than that...I
am done. I did a lot of ordering on-line this year.

Bunny...glad to hear that you had some on-line sales this Christmas
too!!! Way to go Girl!
Are you like being alone with Mom gone or do you get lonely for the
company? One thing I like when I have time a lone is doing "Everything"
on my time schedule NOT someone else's. There is a lot of Freedom
in that.

Jan...sounds like you are going to have a Crazy Hectic Christmas...but also
sounds like a good time too. Might not seem like Christmas in California
though. So, you will need to have your own visions of sugar plums wrapped in
your head. LOL

Off to do...what???...not sure, but I'm OFF non-the-less!!!

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  08:42:18 AM  Show Profile
PrairyGypsy, your tea arrived today. Lovely choices! thank you! Sent you an e-mail.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  12:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love being alone. I do need to get out once in a while though. I have a few friends I go to lunch or dinner with every once in a while. Today I'm off for a knitting class.
I can't complain about no sales for awhile. I have had four sales in four days. Now I just have to get back sewing to replace what sold. I have two weeks until school starts again. I'm taking four very time extensive online classes. I will have to really be good with my energy and time so I have at least three days to sew. The magazine comes out the end of January.

Prairygypsy, I got a Christmas card but no tea. Did I miss it? Thank you for the card though.

Off to my class...later everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  12:50:56 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy, I received my tea package today, and I'm already drinking one of them. I couldn't resist the spearmint smell when I opened it. Thank you for the lovely tuck-in too. Soooo cute! Thank you-Thank you! What a dainty rosebud card. So detailed and preeeety!
I have noticed a lot of new teas from my 'tea-buds' from Mt Rose Herbs. Their teas are so smooth aren't they? mmmmm....
It's raining today and near 50. Most of our snow is gone. *pout* Just what I wanted, a brown Christmas! ewwwww....
I did get 2 kinds of cookies made last week. That's enough for us. It's just Mama, Dave and me so it doesn't take much to satisfy!
Poor Mama has to wear her wrist brace awhile longer yet. She's NOT HAPPY! And when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! hahahaaha
*sigh*
Well, back to laundry...and a 2nd cup of this delicious tea. Thanks again Tammy!
Love ya Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  3:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I too got my tea today. Thank you so much for the extra goodie. I actually needed one for my nightstand and was going to make myself one. Now I can just use yours. Thank you so much. Love the tea too. Sitting down to a cup of it right now.

Peggy, thank you for the Christmas card. Your grandson is adorable!!!

Went for my knitting class. It was nice to get out of the house. A group of knitting customers and the owner get together every Saturday for breakfast. I was invited for tomorrow. I have to be there at 8am. Not sure if I want to be up and going that early, but it would be nice to make some new acquaintances.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  7:40:01 PM  Show Profile

It snowed in Seattle today (about 4 inches) and so Madeline (oldest grand-daughter
and daddy made a snowman. Thought it turned out so cute. They rarely get enough snow
to make a snowball let alone a small snowman. LOL

PG Tammy...Got my Tea Pkg today. Yummy Tea and adorable little pot holder.
Thank you so much!!! That was very sweet!

Hi Bunny...thanks on the comment about my grandson...he is such a happy baby.
His parents are so blessed and I told them they probably won't get off so easy
the next time. LOL

Hey Judy...I hope you made enough cookies for The Porch too. I make nothing for
Christmas any more...because I eat it all...I don't need it but I love it. Isn't
that the way. (+; Did you check out that book I was talking about? The Great Pearl
Heist? It is pretty well priced on Amazon.

Judith...thanks for taking a month on The Tea Swap!!! I just emailed you again.

Well, OK...I'm hungry now...it's almost bed time for some of you and I haven't even
had dinner yet. LOL Finished up my Christmas Shopping today. It was CRAZY out there.

I offered to watch my grandson tomorrow...so mommy and daddy can shop or finish their
decorating. I got him the cutest outfit today. I thought I was done for him...but
couldn't pass this outfit up...it will look darling on him.

OK...love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 20 2013 7:42:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  07:57:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey all. It's been a while. Last weekend we ended up with about a foot of snow. Got 6"more Tuesday pm. Right now we're getting freezing rain and drizzle. The weatherman is saying ice storm. Not good but won't be.anything like the ice.storm of 97. Anyway, the woman I horse sit for was in a really bad car accident the Wednesday before Thanksgiving not Thanksgiving Eve. I horse sat for a month. Her brother got the horses into a boarding facility for the winter so she can recooperate. During her hospitalization and rehab stay she lost her furnace hot water boiler. Pipes froze. I tried to stay on top of things but I wasn't nor could I live there. Just pop in long enough to feed up and tend to cats. She's home now furnace is somewhat fixed. She has running water now. My DJ had to shut the water to the house off because of the boiler. Christmas stuff is done. Playing lazy today but have to get something done. My 6 yo isn't doing well in 1 St grade. Math is his Achilles heel. Not a common core.fan at all. 6 yo are expected to know vocabulary associated with math. I had a 63 yo retired science teacher tell

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Me the he didn't know what an "add end "was. He taught high school. But. 6 yo is. What's wrong with this picture? They don't count objects to learn addition and subtracting. It's crazy. Because he has childhood apraxia of speech (case) he is in speech therapy. We've had him tested for various things. Testing shows that he's capable but classroom observations say otherwise. We've got a meeting scheduled after Christmas vacation. They've got a plan in mind. So we'LLC have to see. At my wits end right now.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  1:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Heather I love all your pictures, your cake was soooo adorable and so are you!
Peaggy, the tea swap sounds so wonderful, I will wait for another time, to join the fum, Melissa and her mom are going to need me all lot after her surgery in January.
Chermie , that blanket is precious!!
Hello every one! and Merry Christmas!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Jumped on quickly to see if you've been getting your packets. Sorry for the delay but I had problems with my machine and wasn't able to get them all completed so I decided to hold all of them instead of letting some get them and some get them much later. I got mildly sick after getting back from Texas from traveling and then this Wednesday came down with a full blown nasty bug that's laid me low. I've had to work the entire weekend to make up the hours I missed during the week even though I'm still not feeling well. One of the disadvantages of having flex time - you're expected to make up hours. I hope everybody has an awesome Holiday if I don't get back on before Christmas!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile
P.Gypsy Tammy...I hope you feel better soon. Those bugs are Nasty this year.
I'm hurting and tired today. I will probably cat nap all day. I could barely move
this morning when I woke...so forced myself into a HOT shower...it warms up the muscles...
so I can move. Sorry Tammy that you have to work when you are sick. I did that for
many years myself...but when you are sick you should be home in bed not exposing everyone
else to your germs.

As far as the tea goes...I want to thank you for completing your commitment even if things
got in the way. A lot of times people just throw in the towel and forget it...and that is
not right...so, I appreciate when a Farmgirl follows through. It earns my respect and appreciation.

Lorena...been watching the National Weather and you guys have been getting hit HARD with ugly
weather. We have had such fabulous weather...I feel sorry for all you girls with all the snow,
ice and messiness. Praying for all of you in that snow and ice belt this winter.

Connie...we would love to have you participate in the Tea Swap but fully understand that with your MS
you have to pick and choose how you need and want to expend your energy. I too think that Melissa needs
you more. You are a good friend Miss Connie.

Cherime, Teacher Tammy, Bunny and others...I know you are lurking!!!! Merry Christmas Girls!!!

Love and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  12:36:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm here! Been busy. I went to breakfast yesterday morning with a group from the yarn shop. It was nice to get out and meet some new ladies. Then home to sew! I finished two dresses and one more is almost done. Just need to sew on the pockets. I have had a sale almost every day for the last week. There is a prayer I say every morning and I have to say... it has been working! It is more of a prayer of faith that the Universe knows what is best and will take care of me in unexpected ways. I am not able to put a human face on God anymore. But I do believe in a creator. I just say Universe... It feels right and it is working for me.

Hope you sicko's get better soon. Nothing worse than being sick for Christmas.

My younger son is counting the days until he ships off to Marine boot camp. I'm trying not to think about it. On a good note, he will learn to be an aviation mechanic. That at least keeps him in a safer mode.

Until later....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  5:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Got thanks. off and away again

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  5:35:08 PM  Show Profile
dratted computer got tea thanks

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  08:15:28 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all my Porchies.
I will be out of touch for the next 3 months or so due to shoulder surgery. I am right handed and the surgery is on the right shoulder, I will be in a sling for 8 weeks with months of physical therapy. Not sure what if anything I will be able to do with my left hand:-)
They will remove one end of my Clavical and bone spurs, GRRRR! But I am hoping this will take care of all the pain. Plus my hubby is dealing with serious medical issues so I need to get him though his as well, we will help each other.
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  5:08:54 PM  Show Profile
hey my dear porchies,
I have been busy since my last day of school on Friday. Did yall hear me shout YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!! I spent Saturday finishing up my shopping and then yesterday we had Christmas on my hubby's side. It was nice. Today I was to dentist to get teeth cleaned and then cleaned house. I am ready for Christmas and this afternoon I enjoyed the day. It is very cold here. Below zero. We are under a wind chill advisory.

Peggy I have the book A Fine Romance. isn't it good? I also got your lovely Christmas card today. Thank you

PGTammy I loved your tea. Thank you. Hope you feel better.

My son's back appears to be a pinched nerve and something out of place. He went through lots of tests and then dr sent him to chiropacter. He can't wrestle yet. But he says it is feeling some better. We will see. The dr is keeping in touch with the chiropractor to see if it is going well and if not then where we would go from there.

I sent my lovey butterflies out the door and thought I have break for two whole weeks and celebrated with wine not tea. I felt it was well deserved. lol

Tonight I am baking cookies with hubby. He loves to do that. So I best skedaddle before he is after me.
I have missed yall so much lately.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  9:11:02 PM  Show Profile

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO GRANDMAMA'S PORCHIES!!!

Now isn't that just the cutest Santa you have ever seen girls??? I love
that little guy soooo much. He brings smiles to my face and heart!

Teacher Tammy...I am so happy that you sound so relaxed and enjoying yourself.
Isn't it amazing what a little time off from work can do for the heart and soul. (+:0
And Yes, I am so enjoying reading A FINE ROMANCE. I love Susan Branch and this is
my favorite Book of hers so far.

Debbie...we will be keeping you in our love and prayers Sister. What are you going to do
with yourselves for 3 months all bandaged up? It is going to be like...so boring. LOL
Having Tom wait on you hand and foot. Laying on the Sofa eating bon-bons and watching
soap operas. Reading books and watching movies. I just don't know what you are going
to do with yourself. Hee Hee!!

Cherime...glad that you hopped on for a minute or two. Merry Christmas Girl!!

Bunny...glad that your business keeps growing. Not sure about praying to The Universe...
I'm not one that believes that all paths lead to God. I believe God has been answering our
prayers for your business and I am thanking him for blessing you and it.

Well, girls...hubby wants a piece of pie...so, I will go and give him a slice.
More tomorrow.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  9:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Ladies...I forgot to mention that we only have two more Months to be taken for the Tea Swap.

March and May...come on we just need a couple more girls to sign up.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page