Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  7:13:32 PM  Show Profile
It was beautiful here sunny and 30 today. Miniscule snow.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  7:17:50 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say (peg&patsy)that my stamps weren't struck either. How cool is that. Did anybody have the stamps struck?
I was tickled about the seeds to Peg. Forgot to say thanks too.*tsk* Where are my manners?
Judith what a cute little flower book. How perfect for you! Where have you been hiding girlie?
Wow,PGTammy, what a great bunch of food. It's all so pretty to see...in February no less. hahaha
And on that note, I looked outside at 9 PM...nothing. I just looked out at 10 and the heavens have opened up and the snow-storm is here. WOW!!!
Swirling, blowing,24. Storm watch until 5 PM tomorrow. I just opened my blind so I can watch it while I type.

Ok Bunny...we're here. Let's get your stuff packed up. I think we all need tinkle breaks and a good stretch before we head out again. I need a good, cold drink of water. Patsy's P.B.cups made me thirsty. And hey, don't forget that famous lemonade. *giggle* Ok, Bunny, you can drive to Peggy's. She's probably chomping at the bit to see us all and our "bulging beetle!" hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  01:04:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi my Porchies....

Darlene....hope you are feeling better now girl. You have had such a difficult few
Years. Sweet hearts like you should just not have to suffer so much. But I still believe
WHAT DOESN'T KILL YA MAKES YOU STRONGER.

Prairie Tammy....that is beautiful produce and for such as good price.

Dear Judith....you are another sweetheart that has had a rough go of it too. I am so
glad that sweet Language of Flowers Book was a little bright spot for you. It just
Had your name all over it when I saw it. - Loved your comment about laying down
And just going to sleep smelling the Tea. Me too.

Pasty....glad you liked the prettiness of the pkg....I do try to make every
Piece of mail I send out look like a little GIFT TO BE ENJOYED.

Teacher Tammy...where is the snow when you want it????
We actually got some spitting snow today. MORE TO come
FRI.-Sunday.

Judy...hope you got snow tires and chains and good Insurance. Nobody knows how to Drive here in the snow. We shut down schools for just a dusting of snow. LOL

Yeah if you are at Bunnys then you are almost here. Hot Choc., scones and potty
Break when you arrive and you can all see my new Kitchen.

Hugs In the Bug,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 05 2014 01:13:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, got my tea! Thank you! I love the chocolate rose tea! The seeds are nice too. I think we are all waiting for spring.

Homework was so hard today. I started at 10:30 am and was done at 4pm. One of my assignments was actually a test. I couldn't get one thing to work on my excel document so I just gave up. I sent a note to the teacher telling her I had spent way too much time trying to figure it out and got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. I know I'll get marked down. But I did tell her why it didn't work. I just didn't know how to fix it.

Judy and fellow farmgirl travelers!!! I'm ready! Have snacks and special lemonade packet. You'll probably need a potty stop by now. So you can stretch your legs and then we are off to get Peggy. I'm bringing a few of my quilts to snuggle up in while on the road.

By the way... It's cold here!! My poor car cried big time this morning. I just can't figure out what is freezing up. Thankfully I don't have to go out much. Today is a sewing day. I had to go into town for some kitty medicine. I'm heating up the basement as I type. It's cold down there!!

Until later!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, Part of this was written yesterday and I had to leave and it was still on my computer. Yesterday was homework... today is sewing.

Oh, and I was awaken at 2:30 am by the cha-ching sound on my phone. I made a sale... someone back east of course. So excited I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  1:27:13 PM  Show Profile
Is it okay if I just sit here and hide for a while? I brought brownies!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  4:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Well I am glad we're on vacation! It's crazy here!!!!!! Yesterday the weather man said a big snowstorm is coming so like always we hauled manure. This time we cleaned out the entire barn. We started at 10:30am and hubby kept on hauling while I did the evening feeding and milking. We finally go in the house about 9:30pm. And by golly this time the weather man new what he was talking about!!!! I'm not sure how far apart we are Judy - I keep meaning to get out the map but then forget - but anyway - it started snowing here about 2pm. At first it was little flurries, then it was a lot of flurries, then the wind joined in!!!! It's hard to tell what we really got because it's drifted all over. I was so excited about it this morning that even a broken vacuum pump that made us about an hour late for milking didn't get me down. I measured with a yard stick in various places. The least amount of snow (not counting the plowed out driveway) was 6 inches. One of the medium size drifts was 18 inches. Most of the yard was 8-10. I think my Mother-in-law said she heard we got 8 inches yesterday. I'll post some pictures in a separate post because some times they disappear into computer land never to be seen again! I guess we're supposed to have another system come through on Sunday too. I heard from someone who heard from someone (you know how it is) that we could get another 10 inches!!! It's supposed to be back into the single digits and below 0 at night so we could have the most snow I've ever seen on the ground if we do get it!! My MIL said they're going to vote on something about approving more snow days so that there won't be so many to make up. I think it's funny because a couple years ago they changed it from 5 days to 3 days. That year we had a lot of ice and the 3 days were used up before Christmas. Then they voted and gave the 2 days back. I don't understand how they can change it to suite the weather, but what do I know.....

Anyway, wasn't tea with MaryJane awesome!!! I can't wait to try some of that lemonade - maybe it'll make it feel more like spring.

Peggy - that chocolate rose tea was amazing!! And the smell....YUMMY! I can't wait to try the cinnamon. I don't know if there's caffeine in it or not so I'm holing off so I can sleep tonight. My stamps weren't struck either.

TLTammy - I hope you get a snow day soon. It's nice to have a day off. I just hope you don't have too many like the kids around here. It's no fun to be in school later that you should be. My sister teaches in MI and she said they were only in school 10 days in the month of January!!!!

PGTammy - that's a great basket! I'm going to do some looking and see if there's anything like that around me! I know what you mean about the swaps. My budget got too tight and all I do now is something I can send with a stamp or 2. No trips to the PO. I really enjoyed when someone would send me something homemade. Especially something knitted or crocheted because until recently I couldn't so either. (Now I can knit - a dishcloth!)

Cherime - I still don't understand how you're having warmer weather than us! I guess when my cousin's daughter moved there (near Anchorage) she brought the Tennessee weather with her :)

Judy - how much snow did you end up getting?

Bunny - congrats on another sale!! Bummer it woke you up, but at least it was a good thing that made you loose sleep and not a negative thing!

Alyce - you sure know how to get on my good side!!! Thanks for the brownies!

Alright - I'll see if the picture uploader is in a good mood :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  5:16:59 PM  Show Profile
It was snowing so hard at times you couldn't see the barn!

The view from the tractor:

Looking over your shoulder:

I don't want to press my luck so I'll post a couple each time

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  5:25:55 PM  Show Profile

Dressed for the weather:

The cows are so happy to have knee deep fresh bedding:

Olivia in the background with the chain, #39 is Italy, and the beef looking girl is chocolate (she's half Holstein and half Hereford)

The upload box isn't coming up - we'll see if this post works

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  5:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Yeah! It took a few attempts, but it finally posted. I'll try just a couple more.

June smiling for the camera:

The snow is almost up to my knees in spots:

What I worked on today - it's for my nieces 5th birthday - I figured after all the hard work yesterday I deserved a sewing day :)

I hope you all enjoyed your visit to the double N dairy - come again soon :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  6:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Heather, loved all the farmgirl pictures!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  7:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Love the apron!One little girl is going to be happy ! Your cows look so happy too.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  7:59:34 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME BETTY TO THE PORCH...

Heather...I loved the Pictures of the Dairy Farm. And your snow was beautiful.
The cows looked Happy...even for their photo-shoot. LOL

And your niece will love that pretty apron. I gave my Grand-daughter a cup-cake
Apron for her fifth birthday with a cupcake making kit and a child' cup-cake cook book.

Bunny...I keep going to Altered Couture and looking at your Jacket. So Classy Looking.

Well, Megan (Mary Jane's Daughter) is going to take over Mail Art. I think she originally started
Mail Art from the Farm Office. I wish her luck! Hopefully she can let things roll off her back
more easily than I could. She is young and sweet and I enjoyed dealing with her.

Suppose to get snow tomorrow. Bunny do you already have snow in The Dalles? This cold weather is
terrible. Our high today was 27 but the windchill made it feel like 7. I know many of you girls
are getting worse cold than that...but we aren't use to it here in Vancouver/Portland area.

Well, hubby had to go back to work tonight...so, I am off to read and drink more Chocolate Rose Tea. For those of you who want to know
Barnes and Noble are carrying that Tea in their Valentines Section...
just for Valentines Month (Seasonal Only). I'm going to buy another can of it before it is all gone. YUM! LOVE IT!

Hugs to all my Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 05 2014 8:04:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  8:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Why, thank you! PeggyAnn! :)That tea sound wonderful! I am going to have to go find a Barnes and Noble and get some to try.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi all.
Heather I loved your farm pics. Happy, happy cows. I think we got about 6 new inches of snow, with a layer off ice over it. Sleet was hitting the East windows this morning when we got up. Made a terrible glaze on the car windows. Hubby didn't have to go to work until noon, so at least it was just flurries by then. I think the cities are running out of salt. They said they are only doing main roads now. Our little town is ok so far. It's been a hard winter in all areas. I think that chicken fabric must be all the rage this year. When I went to our town H.S. Christmas craft show, I got Mama and myself each a kitchen towel that you hang over the stove handle, decorated in that same fabric. Ca-ute!
Hi Alyce, thanks for the brownies. Good to see you.
Betty, good to meet you. How's the weather in Texas? Got to be better down there than it is up here.

Ok, travelers, we have the Bunny on board, we had a great visit with the Queen Bee, Mary Jane&Megan and we are on our way to get Ms.Peggy, our Porchie Queen. hahaha Can't wait to get out of all this snow at Cherime's. Watch it follow us there! *ugh* Parish the thought. Oh yea, this is a virtual trip...we can have 70's if we want it, right? hahaha ...and cabana boys, tiki huts, palm trees and parrots if we want them.
Ok, ok a little too much of Bunny's lemonade for me, it's gone to my head already. hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  06:22:32 AM  Show Profile
It is lightly snowing here this morning! Our 3rd snowfall this year which is rare. As my nephew put it, "It is snowing dip 'n dots!"Our high right now is 29.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  06:37:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Betty.
Bunny, great to hear you are selling stuff out of your store. I just gave mine up as what with everything else and writing, I just don't have time to deal with it.
Heather loved all the pix and the apron is adorable.
Peg, one of these days the post office will deliver the tea so I can try it.
Judy, we sure can make this virtual trip any temperature we want. But It is sure strange not having snow in February. Night time temps down to 1 above this am. But if it is like yesterday the temps will go up in to mid to high 20s in the day.
Part Time Job front, Holy Hannah! That attorney friend of mine has been trying to go it alone for a while and it is not working. But he is not getting more than 2 days a week and this not a permanent arrangement. It cuts into my time too much. Its fine for the winter months but for summer? He is going to need to talk real good and I still am not going to work through July if I get the money to drive out of here I plan to do it. I want to go to Vegas for the writer's conference and then bum around Oregon and Washington so I can see everyone I want to see. Being gone from Alaska in July is a real pain as I love the long daylight hours but ....I want to see people and do things. Later all the gym calls as I did not go yesterday.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile
SNOWING HERE...JUDY, DID I SAY I WANTED YOU TO BRING SNOW???? I don't thinks so girlie!!!! LOL

So, are you girls here yet or did you stop off at Multnomah Falls and Portland on the way????

More Later Gaters!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  10:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

Peggy - I didn't receive your tea yet either, but hopefully the post office will get it to me soon - it sounds yummy!

Hope maybe you ladies will feel like taking another "virtual" trip one of these days - out here to the east. Would love to have you stop in PA for a while!

Very busy both at work and at home - boyfriend and mama both going thru health issues again, so they're keeping me on my toes.

Hugs to you all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! It's snowing just lite flurries today/22/breezy. Not 'spose to snow at all.(must be imagining it) lol

Peg, we did stop to see those Falls. Gotta do something besides eat and drive. hahaha Had to stretch our legs again. We're coming up Rt 5 so we'll probably stop at St Helens too. Olympia sounds like a cool town too. We will be there in the morning. Could you have a BIG pot of strong coffee ready? We are ready for some new snacks. We munched all we had. Patsy ate the last of the Reese's cups about an hour ago.(oink) LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
*sticking out my tongue at judy* can't help it if I love PB cups! But ya, am ready for some strong coffee too.
Always wanted to see St.Helens.

Heather: thanks for sharing all those farm pics. Loved them all! Esp. the apron, just to cute. :)

that veggie pic made my mouth water. esp the asparagus..mmmmmmm it all looked so fresh, just picked.

We should see some snow soon. Heard something about 3 inches by Sunday. wait n see.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  6:40:23 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
Ok I rarely have butterfly stories to share these days...but I have one today. We have been at school 100 days today and so it was dress up like you were 100. This heard in my classroom this am: Mrs. Schroeder you don't have to dress up today, you are already old. OH my goodness I laughed and laughed. Apparently I better find a better wrinkle cream or if 48 is old I can't imagine what they will think in a few years. Oh it was hilarious! Of course the girls were like you can't tell an older lady that!!!!!! oh my did I say it was hilarious?

We didn't get our snow day either. We got snow and very cold. I think my eyeball froze yesterday and today. I am sure my "old" wings froze...hahahahahaha

Hope yall are well tonight. I just had to share I am still laughing...I will not look at age the same for a while.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  8:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Heather.....love the pics!

Cherime.....no snow in Alaska and we had snow and 16 degrees this morning in Dallas....THAT's Texas! :) LOL

TLTammy.....the butterfly story was funny!

Try to stay warm y'all! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  11:54:14 PM  Show Profile

We got 7 inches of snow today with another Storm coming tomorrow.
Oh what FUN!!!

Judy...I know that you guys did NOT even get out of Bunnies drive way...see you in about 5 days!!! LOL

Teacher Tammy...OH, YOU OLD THING YOU!!! ROFLOL Don't worry honey
ever kid thinks if you are over 30 your over the hill. LOL

Geesh, I must be Ancient Wise Woman. Ha Ha! Every little kid always calls me..."Grandma"
and acts like they want to go home with me for cookies and milk.

Patsy...don't worry girl I have more Reeses PB Cups. Lots of them...
they are frozen and we might have to warm them over the car heater
but they'll be good!

Night Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 07 2014 12:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  10:50:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - We'll be there sooner that you think! You aren't used to it, but we are :) It looks like the fluffy stuff that'll blow around. Hope it's not too windy for you. Your dog is adorable! What's he think of the snow? We've got a blinding sunny day today, but at almost 2pm it's only 6 degrees! The windchill was -16 when we got in the house at 10am!!!

TLTammy - don't you remember when you thought 30 was old? I was born when my parents were 18 and 19 so for my dad's 30th birthday I was just about to turn 11. I make him a card letting him know I thought he was old since he was past his teens and 20's but not too old because he still had his 40's and 50's to go. My mom still reminds me about it. She said she still has it. Needless to say - I don't think 30's so old anymore!

Hope everyone is staying warm.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page