Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  4:08:56 PM  Show Profile
My husband sold an old tractor to an even older man that is a friend of my brothers so we delivered that today. While at his house (he's a widower that lives on 12 acres in the woods and he has the most ingenious, self sufficient life style) he loaded me up with rhubarb! It's simmering on the stove for the first batch of sauce and then on to making rhubarb cobbler! Yum, can't wait!!

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  7:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone's so busy! Those lavendar cookies sound wonderful, will you share a recipe for those? I missed the porch today....will be happy to stop in soon! YOU all have such fun ideas and work so hard! You keep me inspired! I'm trying to clean up my craft room...with all these swaps, it's keeping me on my toes! I noticed my Rose Geranium is growing like a weed. I'm thinking of making some Rose geranium jelly! Maybe in the middle of the week. That is if I can find some jars. They're hard to find here in Florida, at least where I live, don't see too many!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  9:20:20 PM  Show Profile
It was so beautiful here today. It got up to 68*. After church I made a pot of tea and took a book outside and read in the sun. It was lovely!

Monica, I love Rose Geranium Jelly. I make it every year. It is really good on shortbread cookies.

I wear my cap around my waist.

http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Julia on Apr 19 2010 8:44:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Helen
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Helen
Toney Alabama
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  12:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'll sit while I can! I got a busy couple of weeks ahead. I think I'll sit a minute, but don't let me in that porch swing, cause I'll be out like a light! You ladies are the best!

Barefoot in Bama
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  1:57:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm sittin here relaxin and waitin on my DH to get back. We have wonderful friends. They gave us a whole bag of morel mushrooms. So my DH will be cooking tonight. He loves using the deep frier! Ahhh! I get a night off.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  4:34:28 PM  Show Profile
hi monica sent you the lavender shortbread cookie recipe
i really love these not sweet just yummy..perfect with that Rose Geranium Jelly
really nice day today planted some cannes flower bulbs a friend gave me hope they
come up .....made some fresh mint iced tea and enjoying the sunset here on the porch
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  5:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Yea!!! I have chickens! Now I can sit on my porch and watch my pretty girls scratching in their pen! So relaxing. Soon I'll be enjoying fresh eggs for breakfast.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  6:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I just got home from my horticulture Class I take on Monday nights and I was so excited to see the Lavendar cookie recipe! I was telling one of my classmates about all of you, especially you girls on the porch! She wrote down the information so I imagine we might see her pop in for a cup of tea soon!
It's so fun to hear some of you make geranium jelly! If I get hung up I'll be stopping by to see how to fix the damage! I'll be sure to make a batch of cookies while the jars are cooling!
Sounds so good! I hope I have enough lavendar blooms out there on the patio! Remember, this is Florida, everything blooms year round! One of the blessings of living here! I'm so glad I trimmed it last week! I noticed it was really growing the other day!
I'll be sharing with you soon!
Thanks again Deborah for the recipe and all you others for encouragement along the way!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys! I got back from Washington D.C. this morning! I had an amazing time, but I missed posting. I'll tell you all about in a different thread.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Megan! So glad you had a good time! I am e-mailing you so check your e-mail.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  3:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies! What great weather to sit here and enjoy each other!
Those cookies sound great!
I am craving a nice long sit, warm tea and watching all my great, happy farm animals pecking and grazing! Life is good!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  6:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I haven't posted for awhile. I notice many new faces! Glad to have everyone. I am enjoying the virtual porch from my favorite chair. The night air is so crisp. I love being able to keep my windows open.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  4:43:06 PM  Show Profile
hey ladies haven't been to the porch in awhile-been really busy getting the farm ready for spring and summer planting. cleaned out the flower bed today and deadheaded the raspberries. sitting down now to relax and drink some warm tea-evenings still a bit chilly

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  4:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Well, my goodness! The porch has many new faces since I was last by. Welcome!
I've been fighting a touch of the belly flu, so I'll just say hi!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  6:06:58 PM  Show Profile
hi all
what nice night cool and breezy but quiet and peaceful
good night for a nice hot cup of chai with a bit of honey
annika hope you feel better soon tummy flu is awful
you could use a nice cup of tea too
blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  8:06:23 PM  Show Profile
I am enjoying the cool breeze through the window. I am trying a new white tea this evening. I wish I hadn't lost my Jane Austin recipes!!! I did get some nice scones at Target.

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  5:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Still looking for porch furniture. All I want is a couple of white wicker chairs! Have tried Craig's list but too scared to go to some neighborhoods to look at what they are offering, and too lazy to drive so far to others... LOL I could order online at retail, but too cheap to pay the price!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  5:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening! Are the stars out yet? It would be a wonderful night to sit out there with a shawl or afgan round my shoulders, checking out the stars and chatting. I agree a cup of hot tea would be real tasty tonight.

We got back from visiting our son in Virginia Beach yesterday. Today I got all the laundry done and went out and planted some flowers that arrived while we were gone. I want to give all my seedlings a little shot of fertilizer tomorrow, so they will be nice and healthy when it is time to plant them out

I noticed our rhubarb is coming up good. Soon maybe we can have some of that sauce and cobbler. My husband loves rhubarb-strawberry pie and is looking forward to that. I'm watching for asparagus sprouts, but haven't seen any yet. I'm probably a week or two too soon to be looking for them. I don't remember exasctly when they started last year.
Have a great evening.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  5:53:55 PM  Show Profile
It's another great hot-tub night here in SE Michigan! The stars should be out soon - time to go out and listen to the silence :-) The kids are in bed and the hubby is in his workshop doing something. Have a good night, ladies!

~Cindy
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  03:53:08 AM  Show Profile
did any of you see the meteor showers sitting on the porch last night? I fell asleep and forgot to come join you! Did I hear someone say Rhubarb? We used to eat Strawberry-Rhubarb pie as a kid all the time! I love that! I wonder if Rhubarb grows in Florida? I'll have to try it out! I have a long day ahead so maybe will stop by later this evening for some tea with you girls on the porch!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  1:22:45 PM  Show Profile
I just came in from the Porch. It was so lovely out there. It is a tad cool today and a bit over-cast but lets face it girls...there is no such thing as bad weather when you're out on the porch. Even a Thunder and Lightening Storm can be very entertaining while wrapped in a warm shawl, sipping hot chocolate, hot tea or coffee (I like them all!) and just enjoying God's Creative Majesty.
Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  2:03:29 PM  Show Profile
I am about to find out how entertaining a thunder and lighting storm can be!! We are getting ready to be hammered in southern MS. I wish I had rhubard and a hot tub! My virtual porch is on my bed with my dog. The children are in and out. I am wiped out today. We went to a sea lab about an hour and a half away.

Hey Brenda try BIG LOTS for lawn furniture. They are pretty reasonable. Do you have one near you?

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Brenda...I found my white wicker rocking chair at Import Market (if you have those where you live). But I found my Red Wooden Rocker on Overstock.com for half the price I could buy them anywhere else and the shipping was free or very cheap. You might try Overstock for your Wicker.
Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  2:16:44 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn thanks for the tip. I have never tired overstock.com. I found by Jane Austen recipes!!! Yeah!

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  4:41:28 PM  Show Profile
hi all
the wearther is so beautiful today breezy warm and sunny its wonderful
made some blueberry scones and lavender lemon curd: so enjoy
and its nice to just sit here on the porch at the end of a wonderful day and share food and though with a pot of hot tea ..posted the recipe on my blog enjoy..
with my lemon balm blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page