Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  8:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Shannon
So glad you are healing and the surgery went well. Awesome that the surgical team prayed with you. Drifting off with Jesus is perfect! Take it easy and don't overdo it. We mothers seem to do that, don't we?

Tammy
We did Beth's David study in the spring. A lot of homework but I loved it. We are doing a study on Ruth in one bible study and a Nancy DeMoss in the other. Ruth starts on Tuesday. Beth just had a scare with surgery for ovarian cancer. She didn't have it! PTL!

Peggy
You are just having to much fun with Elijah! LOL! Did you go on your ocean trip with your girls yet? Where is Pam Pedersen? Have you heard from her?

Heather
With all the farming you do it's hard to imagine you need to run or exercise! Do you ever have to pull a calf? I've been watching Dr Pol and he seems to pull a lot of calfs.

Bunny
How's the BFs diet going? Have you ever gone in Holly Ross? I'm sure you have. It's awesome!

Church went to 3 services starting today, 830, 1000 and 1130. I went @ 1000 and think that will be my time slot. Went to see my one hospice patient afterward. Sweet lady. Enjoy the visits.

Time to take Miss Jackie potty and do her eye drops and then bedtime for both of us.

Nighty night!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  9:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, no BF. I think that is Luanne.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  06:28:12 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday, ladies!

Darlene - BF is doing pretty good on the diet issues, but has spells of feeling light headed and weak. I'm wondering if we've cut his carbs/sugar too much? Also, he tends to skip lunch, so maybe I need to try to get him to eat more often, but less at a time. It's going to take a while to get this all figured out. I have been to Holly Ross many times, and they have some nice things; however, if you've been there once, nothing ever seems to change.

Shannon - glad to hear your surgery went OK and that you're recuperating. Keep us posted.

Tea ladies - I got into my "tea time" through the advice of a friend who saw that I was never taking any "me" time. Seems like every spare minute is spent trying to take care of everybody else, and she reinforced the need to take care of myself as well. So, I take a 1/2 hour every evening for a cup of tea and a good book or knitting. It's amazing what that half hour sanity break can do for you!

Tammy - keep those butterfly wings clipped - hope they turn out to be better than last year.

Have a good week everyone!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  07:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny
Maybe I was giving you a BF. LOL! How's your son's quilt coming along? In your opinion, What is the best sewing machine @ this time? I'm thinking of getting a new one and I need your expert advice. I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want a piece of junk either.

Luanne
I gave Bunny your BF. LOL! Maybe some days you want to give him to her, LOL! I think BF needs to eat lunch to keep his energy level and blood sugar more stable Protein is always a good snack, such as, cheese sticks, pbutter on celery or saltines(not to many) and milk. He'll find his way by how he feels! (you hope) Men seem to always need mothering!

Going to the surgeon with my friend to get her final pathology report from her breast cancer lumpectomy. This will determine her treatment. Back later and hopefully I won't give anyone else's BFs or spouses away without their permission.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  07:57:25 AM  Show Profile
Darlene - you're so right - there are days that I would gladly give him away, even though I love him dearly! I'll keep pushing him on eating mid-day.

Bunny - do you want him on the days he's driving me nuts?!?!?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  6:24:47 PM  Show Profile
ok just hopping on to share a cute story. I had recess duty today and one of the kindergarteners said... Mrs Schroeder tomorrow is my birthday and I said well that will be wonderful. He said yes I will be six and get to boss around those five year olds now. Oh my gosh I just laughed. I had to explain that he probably wouldn't get to do that but he is sure he will. Oh my so funny. My third and fourth graders had a good laugh too. They said mrs Schroeder did you tell him the truth. He does not get to boss everyone around. I laughed some more. Oh a funny MOnday

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  7:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, my little ministry is basically that I provide free rent, heat, and lights to a lady who would be in some room someplace in a very part of town if I didn't. She gets food stamps and pays for her own food, but all else I take care of. Another lady, with stage 4 cancer, needed a place and she can afford $300 per month which will just barely cover their half of the lights through the winter. They are rooming together and will be warm dry and comfortable for this winter anyway.
I'll pop in when I can. Really trying hard to get my books out there. I get a few bucks a month now but more would be welcome under the circumstances.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  8:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...you go above and beyond what a lot of People would do for those in need. I know God
will bless for your loving and giving heart and home.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, my goodness what a cute story. Kids are so funny!! My 3 year Old Grand-daughter was
telling her dad a funny story about pre-school today and he sent me a video clip of it. A lot of nonsense
and cuteness and I couldn't even figure it all out but it made me laugh. Her other Grandpa & Grandma run
the School in Seattle that she attends. Kids are just such a source of fun, laughter and joy (most of the
time!) LOL

Luanne...I didn't see Bunny come back on here and offer to take your man off your hands. LOL Even if Darlene
was trying to make it happen!!!

Darlene...My Bible Study Gals and I head to The Beach October Thursday Oct 2nd for four glorious days and 3 nights.
We can hardly wait. Our Study Starts back this Thursday Night and I just got that all prepared today. Unfortunately,
I have kind of lost track of Pam Pederson over the last couple of years...with the New Grandchild, the Wedding, Life,
etc. I need to email her and see how she is doing. She was pretty depressed the last time I spoke to her and
her sweet hubby was going through some health issues. I need to reconnect with them. Thanks for giving me a little
Farmgirl slap along side the head. Ha Ha!

Judy...are you lurking? How are you doing girl? Don't hide away...because you feel sad. We don't expect you to be
your funny self under the circumstances...we just need to know you we are all praying and pullen for you girl.
Patsy too.

Bunny...I will go check out your Etsy Store sometime in the next few days. I always like to see what you create.

OK...my Hubs just came home...all tired and exhausted from working. His Son goes to Trial in the first week of
December and his wife and a friend...for their selling of MMS on-line. My husband is eating him self alive with
worry. The Dr. has talked to him and I have talked with him...but it's hard none the less. I can't worry about it
because it is bigger than everyone but God. Only He can work it out. Daniel, his son is trying to do everything
he can to make sure Karis doesn't do any jail time because of Sabrielle their daughter who is only 8. Two other
people in the Criminal case have taken Plea-deals. The Prosecuting Attorneys want to use Daniel to make a
precedent case and stop the Sale of All Non-Pharmacudical Home Remedies or Natural Remedies. This would affect
all over the counter drugs, home remedies and Naturapathic Remedies. They want to nail Daniel to the Wall and
give him 37 years. He is 43 yrs old. For those of you who are Christians we would appreciate your prayers for
our son and daughter in law. And Tammy the former Secretary of Daniels business. It is all so ugly. And you know
they defrauded no one, they didn't murder anyone or extort money from anyone, or rape anyone and yet...they
want to put them in jail for longer than rapists and sex-offenders and murders get. It is just unreal. So, if
the Holy Spirit puts them on your mind please pray for them. And pray that my husband doesn't die of a heart attack
from the stress. I am not stressed...I can't allow myself to be...I have turned each person over to God...because
like I said, this is bigger than anything I have ever come up against in my life. Thanks Sisters.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  9:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy
Of course I will have everyone in prayer. What is MMS? God is in control no matter what. Your husband needs to give it to God so he can have peace but he knows that and just can't do it now. We need to lift him up! Kids! I wish I was going with you on your retreat!

Cherime
You go girl.

Tammy
Good little butterflies so far! You can keep drinking tea and forget the wine this year. LOL!

I start a Bible study tomorrow so I better get to bed.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  06:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, we are one third wall to wall Holy Spirit and once we realize we are worthy of the sacrifice of the lamb, then we can tell the misery, what ever name it goes by, to take a hike. And DO NOT allow the crud back in. It is not easy. It is horribly hard in the world we live in to keep that foremost in our thoughts. Joshua 1:9. As he was directed to be strong and of good courage, so are we. Nahum 1:9 in the old KJV, affliction shall not arise a second time. Therefore whatever is attempting to steal or joy or peace has to go. 1st Peter 2:24 By his stripes we were healed. Operative word "were". Now, how to get there? That path is narrow and either side is filled with thorns. We do not need to live our later years in pain. The problem is everything and everyone is telling us we do. It's not so much a matter of faith as of belief. Who do we believe? Jesus who said it is finished, the price paid once for all or the rest of the world. 'Taint easy McGee! At the moment I sit here with a supposed shoulder ache and a minor headache which I am not taking anything for because I don't think I have anything in the house. I'll have a relaxing tea in a moment but I am telling it to take that proverbial long hike off a short pier in Jesus' name. 'Cause its not mine and I refuse to accept what ever the garbage it. So out of my mouth comes the declaration that I believe Jesus. It was finished, by the blood of the lamb I am saved healed and delivered. As I write these words I speak the out. Done. No one is to take this little dissertation as anything but my opinion. We all must walk the path for ourselves. Hugs all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile
I hope all is well with everyone today. I'm including all the previously posted concerns in my morning prayers. I stand in agreement with all of you that God is faithful. You will prevail!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. Needing a rest on the porch, although it will be short as I have yoga tonight.

The weather is beautiful here! High today of 54'. I'm loving the cool nights, wonderful for sleeping. I think tonight is supposed to get down to 34'. Seems a bit colder than normal but I love this cool crisp weather. With the cooler weather comes more tea drinking. Can't remember who sent the Stash Chocolate Mint tea but it was wonderful today on my break. I'll have to order some of that.

M* bought a new to us Suburban Monday. Bright fire engine red too. I haven't ridden in it yet. At least we'll have lots of room though.

Judy - how have you been? Is everything settling down after you're mama's funeral? I'm sure you're still grieving horribly and I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  6:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My post just vanished again!

Catherine and Heather I thank you for going to the sick kids site and caring for them.

Cherime
Easy for some and not for others. Only the person going through it can give it to the Lord. Hope you are feeling ok!

Tammy
I love fall and tea drinking is always better when it gets cooler. My fav color is red and my husbands truck is red too!

Judy
Still praying!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  6:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Darlene Agreed.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  7:41:15 PM  Show Profile

Good Evening My Porchies...

I am just sitting here with a cup of Cranberry Autumn Tea (sold at Barnes & Noble/or Harney & Sons on line)
and I can't believe I actually had to turn off the A/C and put on a long sleeved shirt tonight. That is a
first this month....but this weekend we will be up in the 90's again. DH is out working and I just put on
a big pot of Spanish Rice to reheat...waiting for him to return. I may have to eat before he comes home as it
is 7:30 and I am really hungry. But oh this Tea is hitting the spot. I have gotten back to my night tea this
week. Drinking it HOT rather than iced.

Has anyone started their Fall Decorating yet? I am trying to hold off until the end of the Month but right now
I'm kind of itching to pull it all out. If I wait a few days and the hot weather comes back then it will make
me feel more like waiting.

I have my Bible Study starting up tomorrow night and then Friday Night I have my precious Grandson again.

I can't remember if I told you gals about the Lady that tried bringing a big Snake into Barnes and Noble?
It was when my grand-daughter Hallie was here. Hallie goes...oh, my gosh that lady has a snake (and she is
looking out the windows in the cafe) and so I look out and this woman takes this snake and starts shoving
it under her T-Shirt...so, she can conceal it and sneak it in. Well, my husband who is deathly afraid of Snakes
watches the door and when the woman heads to the Cafe' he turns around and says to her...just turn around and
walk yourself and that snake right back out of here. LOL The gal did...and she took it back to her car and
left it in the car and then came back in. Now is that creepy or what??? You see all kinds of strange people
and strange behaviors when you live in a city...but that was the weirdest in a long time.

Well, I guess I better go get myself some dinner girls.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  06:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that is a funny and weird story about the lady with the snake. What was she thinking? I'm impressed with your hubby's calm reaction. He could've went running and screaming like a girl. hee hee

I have not started Fall decorating yet. I'll probably make the transition later in Oct.

Not much time to sit on the porch this morning...Gotta go get on my tractor!!! Have an awesome day, gals.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  7:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Here he is...

Just a few minutes old. He and momma are both happy and healthy. She had him all on her own. He's a big boy though! She's an older cow so her labor went well. If it was a new momma cow we probably would have had to help her. I think Darlene is the one who asked - yes we have to pull some of them every year. This year we actually had a little momma have such a big calf that the momma had some nerve damage and couldn't use her hind legs after we got the calf out. We read that it would take her 10 days to 2 weeks to recover if we picked her up a few times a day to keep the blood flowing (we have a hip lift that attaches to the skid loader to pick up cows). We picked her up for a bit that evening and the next morning she was standing on her own!!! She couldn't stand long or walk far, but she was a fighter and we made sure she had all her food and water very close by. I thanked God for that miracle!!!

Shannon - I have no idea if there's anything scientific about it or not (males coming later). I know that it's common knowledge that twins are a week to 10 days early so some farmers use ultra sound to check for them and give those cows special attention. We don't, but it's kind of neat the technology that is incorporated in farming now adays!

I think if was Bunny - As far as running and exercising - if I didn't make cookies or brownies every time hubby said they sound good I probably wouldn't have to. It seems to be genetic to put on weight in my family. And I'm sure only sleeping about 5 hours a night doesn't help much. If my pants weren't so tight I wouldn't even care - weight is just a number to me - but I don't want to buy new cloths.

Tammy - love the kid stories! My niece is 5 and started kindergarten this year. I asked her if they take naps - I did. She said and I quote "we're 5 aunt Hettie only babies take naps". She's 5 going on 13!

Tonight during evening milking an airplane was so low and loud it scared the begeevers right out of me! I went to the door to see what was going on. Turns out the field across the road from us was getting seed flown onto it. It was amazing to watch the plane so close to power lines, trees, and our house! I took a couple pictures, but they don't do the scene justice.

Peggy - I put up a couple fall decorations. I don't have much fall stuff. It's only going to be in the 60's this week so it seemed like the time to do it. I cleaned out all my flower beds too. Hopefully I'll get some pumpkins and mums to set around soon. Way to go to your hubby for handling the snake situation so calmly. I'm not sure I would have!!! The things some people do. I'll be praying for your family too.

Did you guys see that part of SD got 8 inches of snow yesterday!!! I love snow and I'm counting down the days til Christmas (104 if anyone wants to know) but I'm not sure I'm ready for snow just yet!!

Well, I better get in the shower and get around for bed. It's almost 10:30! Time sure flies when you're having fun :) Have a good night everyone.
Hugs to all!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  8:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Heather
He is so cute. How late was he? Have you ever seen The Incredible Dr Pol? He's a vet in Michigan and has a large and small animal practice. He always is pulling a calf or foul. he had a mother with the same issue as your mama and she walked after too. They used forceps to help deliver my son. I guess that would be pulling! LOL!

Peggy
I can't believe your husband stayed so calm. I would have been freaking out!

Went to see a new hospice patient today. Sweet lady. Found out we lived in the same town where I grew up. Small world.

I'm really tired so I better get my shower and go to bed at a decent hour!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  10:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Heather...Oooohhh, the baby calf is so sweet! Just looking at his head he almost looks Albino....until you see
the back with the black and white. Will his nose darken up? He is so cute! I love when you share pictures.
Even the seed plane was cool. I bet it costs more to seed that way. Amazing how even Farming has gotten more
technological over the years isn't it?

Yes, my husband was much calmer and cooler than I thought he would be over that gals Snake. And this wasn't a kid
either...she was probably 35-40 yrs old. Mercy...people just don't use their heads some times. I figured she was
worried that her car would get too hot for her snake...but most snakes love the warm weather and to sun themselves.

Catherine...what kind of Farming do you do? Just like to know who does what. I know you drive tractor so what kind of
crops do you grow? Wheat?

Darlene...I have read and seen most of the James Harriet Books and Series...and he did a lot of Pulling of cows over
the years. Some of his stories were so funny.

Well, Bible Study was great tonight! We just had one gal gone but everyone else was there. It was so good to be back
with all My Gal Pals...as our Teacher Tammy says. We really have a Wonderful time together. I can't wait for our
Beach Retreat!! I'm getting so excited!

Well, guess I better call it a day and go read before I go to sleep.

I saw on the News tonight that some States got Snow already and one of our Colorado Farmgirls said that they were
getting snow today and tomorrow. Today, I actually had to put on long pants and turn the A/C off again. We had
45 mile an hour winds today and tonight. Not much damage done but Tree Branches and Leaves Falling.

OK, Nightie Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  2:56:19 PM  Show Profile
hey sweet ladies,
what at week! I am so sad. We had to put our dog Shadow down this week. He was 13 and sick. Had been for a while and he finally let us know it was time. He practically raised my boys on the farm. They got him when they were only 5 and little Jax is so sad without his friend. He just keeps looking for him. Bless his little heart.
here is a picture

I love this picture. This picture was taken this summer as part of the boys senior pictures. I might be a bit biased but I do think they are handsome.

Peggy I went to the Beth Moore simulcast and it was wonderful. I am loving her new study. Can I just say God is getting in my business? Whoa!

well ladies I am off to have some tea and take a walk on this beautiful fall day,
love to you all
Tammy
Peggy I went to

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  5:55:47 PM  Show Profile

Here is a Peacock My Husband and I saw out in the middle of nowhere,
up in the sticks out of Woodland WA. He was just out strutting his stuff. LOL

Tammy... what a nice picture of your boys and your beautiful dog Shadow. I bet it is kind of bitter
sweet to look at it now. I bet it is hard on the entire family. Poor little Jax too. They do suffer
so when their comrade leaves them. It probably took a couple of months for Bella to not look for
Sterling. And then again for Snickers to not look for Bella. But Bella was so mean to Snickers I
think he was relieved when he didn't have her attacking him any more. LOL She should have stayed
an only dog...she just did not play nice with others.

Glad you got to do the Simulcast with Beth Moore. A group of our gals went over to a Church in Portland
and watched it. I have seen her in person before and right now $20.00 was twenty I didn't have extra.
But I am glad so many got blessed by what ever she spoke on.
And Praise God he gets right into our business when we need it most. He is Papa...but He loves us too much
to leave us unprotected and vulnerable to the enemy.

Can't wait for Bible Study again this week. I have been walking with The Lord for 41 years and He is continually
teaching me and knocking my sox off. I just LOVE that about Him.

Another Scorcher here this weekend...but somebody ruined my day by telling me it is suppose to rain this coming
week a few days. I'm loving this Indian Summer...who needs rain? If you need it in your neck of the woods
let me know and I will see if I can send it to you. LOL

Quiet on this Ol' Porch this weekend girlies.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 14 2014 6:03:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  7:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine has been a mixed baggage to say the least. I could use some prayer. I'm seriously thinking about going back to work at Walmart part time to get some money put away. They're paying $10.60/hr for cashiers now. I'm just not sure I could handle it physically or mentally to be working 60 hours a week, but it's the only way I could get money. I could work more overtime when it's available but working that many hours doing the same thing is mentally exhausting so I'm thinking a second part time job may be the answer. I haven't been able to work any overtime on the weekends the past 2 weeks because of upgrades and the availability may be taken away soon, at least for a while. It would also get me out of the house since I work at home. As I said, I need prayer.

On a good note, I got the dogs out both days this weekend for a walk and I got some knitting done along with some housework.

Luanne - that's a great nightly ritual.

Cherime - that is an awesome ministry! So many women need help and can't get it. May you be blessed for it.

Peggy - I've considered pulling out my fall/Halloween items and almost did this weekend. I checked out Walmart today but they didn't have anything I liked. I've also switched from my iced chai tea in the mornings to hot chai tea now.

Tammy - So sorry about your dog. It's rough.

Heather - that calf is adorable! What a sweetie :O)

Well I think I'll go brew myself a cup of tea, maybe take a hot bath, and read a bit before bed. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Oh it is so nice to come and sit on the porch for a few minutes! We finally got home around five tonight. Unfortunately, we came home to a DISASTER! I am not sure if our dogs were mad at us for being gone so long or what, but they used the bathroom all over the house! It reeked in here! I scrubbed my kitchen down, but alas, I am now in intense pain and must stop for tonight! Tomorrow I will try to finish scrubbing downstairs, while hubby cuts the jungle we call our yard, and scrubs the chicken coop :( It is going to be hard to not over due, with such a mess here! Oh - I saw the surgeon again Friday. The mass was not cancer, praise God, my potassium is in the normal range without supplementation, and my blood pressure is starting to decrease :) he says it will be a month before I begin feeling normal, and not to over do.... Ummmm, yeah. I will do my best, but must clean so my 14 month old can safely crawl around!

Luanne - I probably should know this, but what are you trying to help your bf with, diet wise?

Darlene - how did things go with your friend's lumpectomy? A dear friend found out she has breast cancer and will behaving chemo every other week until December. At that time, she will have surgery, and then start radiation. She is a momma to eight children, with the oldest being twelve and the youngest just a few months old! For all those prayer warriors, if you could please keep Genny and her family in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated! How is your Bible study going?

Tammy - your story about the six year old had me in stitches! It sounds like something one of my kids would say! Oh how I love chilen and their blatant honesty! I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog! Our fur babies truly do become part of the family! Our Dutch shepherd is 12 or 13 and is not doing well. She is the one I cuddle up with every time we have had a miscarriage (we have had four). I know her days are coming to an end, as she has really bad arthritis, has seizures, and is just not acting right, but oh how it will break my heart when she goes! I will definitely be praying for your family as you grieve the loss of this precious life. As for your boys - yes, they are handsome young men. I look forward to seeing what cute babies they father in the years to come, when they find the right someone :)

Cherime - what an incredible way God is using you to bless others! Thank you for your ministry! I am sure those ladies appreciate your generosity! What books are you writing?

Peggy - most definitely praying for the situation your son is facing! Honestly, I have no clue what MMS is or understand exactly what you were saying happened, but know that we are praying that God's will in this situation happens! We are also praying for the stress it is causing on the extended family! Oh and as far as that lady with the snake - eeeeeeeekkkkksssssss! Your hubby handled it way better than I ever would have! I am shuddering just thinking about it! When we were stationed in DE, we had a friend that loved snakes! I would not go in his house unless they were in their cages! Once he had to give his python antibiotics for pneumonia by putting his head in water. Ughgghh in my personal opinion, they are so not worth it, lol. Hmmmmm I guess that is kinda cruel on my part... I just cannot imagine having a snake as a pet. They scare the hybie gibies out of me! As for the peacock, what a beauty!

Oh Heather! The picture of your baby is just beautiful! I just want to wrap my arms around his neck! What a blessing! My brother is in SD and got between six and eight inches of snow! Where we want to move in Wyoming did as well! I am so looking forward to moving in a couple of years! We do not see snow here, sadly :(

alright ladies - my narcotic is hitting my head hard, so I better close this here, and get to bed. Night!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2014 :  6:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I'm here, reading occasionally, but just not feeling chatty. It feels so weird not talking to my sweet Mama every day and hearing her voice and laughter. Hubby went back to work last Thursday after being off for 2 weeks. With Patsy and Jim gone too it has been rough. We, also are experiencing cold temps here. Low to mid 60's in the daytime and mid 40's at night. I'm like Heather, I love the cold crispness of fall(must be an Ohio thing)so I am happy about that. I love being able to drink more hot tea and less cold drinks. With all the grief, I already feel cold, so hot tea really helps. Just checking in to let you all know that I'm still around.
Warm thoughts, Hugs & Squeezles

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  12:27:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Judy...thank you so much for checking in girl and letting us know how you are doing.
We know it is rough and the pain and loss palpable...but we Know also that God will bring
you through this sad time. We all prayed for her so long that it even feels weird not to
have her around to pray for anymore...or send cards of encouragement to. But I do think
how happy she must be...being pain free and with Jesus and other friends and family that
passed on before her. Oh, what Blessed Assurance...when you know that your loved one is
Home with Jesus. What comfort!

Shannon...sorry that you had to come home to a big mess from your dogs. That couldn't have
been a very pleasant Welcome Home! Poor Girl!
MMS (Originally called Miracle Mineral Solution by the man who discovered it would cure Malaria) when he
and his crew came down with Malaria working in Africa. Later they changed it to something different because
some people objected to the name Miracle...as it seemed to all encompassing. But it is a solution of 72% Distilled
Water, 22.4% sodium Chlorite and less than 5.32% sodium chloride and less than 0,28% each of sodium hydroxide
and sodium chlorate. Once those ingredients are mixed with 5 drops citric acid (like lime or lemon juice...it becomes
a powerful killer of disease-causing bacterial pathogens. Anyway, all that just to tell you that my oldest step Son Daniel
believed in the product so much that he became a distributor of it on line. His entire goal was to help people who were
ill with various pathogen diseases get well. Well, if you listen to the FDA and Prosecuting Attorneys he bottled and
sold House Hold Bleach and it was all a scam. And that is so not true! Nobody died from this solution and yet every day
how many people die from prescription drugs and over the counter drugs that are FDA Certified??? Thousands per day.

I used the product when I was dealing with with some abscessed teeth before I could afford to get them pulled and get
dentures. I was worried about getting sepsis from the infection. The MMS totally cleared up the infection from my
abscessed teeth.

My Step-son was into many different Natural-pathetic substitutes over expensive Pharmaceutical Drugs that often had
worse side affects. So, The FDA and Big Pharma Companies want to put people like our son out of business and in jail
because they offer more Natural Treatment Options for people and a much more affordable price.

Let's just say...that is the case in a Nutshell. Our son's company made several million dollars selling this Solution.
You can still go on-line right now and buy MMS from other distributors...But Daniels Co. sold the most of it and so...
they are wanting to take him down and make an example out of him. So, they can go in and shut down all the other
Natural Pathic Products with out FDA Approval. They also in the not too distant future want all Vitamin and Mineral Sales
and Nature-pathic tinctures to be put out of business. And then the FDA will only allow The Big Pharmaceutical Companies
to manufacture and sell these products. They also want all Nature-pathetic Doctors & Stores put out of business. Any farmgirls
who make soaps, salves, creams, lip-balms etc...it would all become illegal to sell. It is just CRAZY girls.

So, that is what my stepsons trial is all about. They want him to spend 37 years in prison for that. I'm sorry that is
beyond criminal in and of its-self. the Trial starts in December and believe me...you will hear about it Nation wide and
they will try to convince everyone that He was selling a Modern Day Snake Oil Treatment (at best) or at worse He was
Selling bottled Kitchen Bleach and convincing people to swallow it and they were dumb enough to pay him money for it.
Last time I heard Household Bleach Burns out your entire sinus system and stomach and esophagus. I can attest to the
fact that his product did no such thing to me.

OK...PLEASE PRAY! It is scary where our Country is headed (On so many different Levels) not just this one.

Prairie Tammy...back to work at Wall Mart huh? You know the hours will be a killer...but like you said it will get
you back out amongst people and give you that extra money you need. Praying for your situation too.

OK...off to bed to read for awhile. I did nothing today but Craft. Always FUN but always messy!!! I have
no designated crafting area...just my kitchen table and counters...and I'm a messy crafter. LOL

Sleep Tight My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 16 2014 12:37:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page