Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Pr Tammy, quite the fall carpet you have going there. I hope Oreo is ok. It is so unsettling when a furbaby is sick. What is it with men and pets on the bed. I had the same problem with my X.

My dresses got to San Francisco safe. My friend loved everything and said she didn't think the prices were out of range for the City. We will see.
I haven't had much inspiration in the sewing room lately. I think it is the weather and just being too tired. I'm taking a new medication for restless leg or in my case, restless body. My whole body does what restless leg does. But I just can't seem to shake it off in the morning. Doesn't matter how early I take it. I'll have to deal with it on my next visit.

It has been raining all day. Very gloomy.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile
What a busy place the porch has become! Nice to meet you Sabrina. Thanks for the pizza and beautiful pictures Tammy! And....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEGGY!!!! Hope you're having a great day :)

As if things aren't busy enough around here - I have 3 kittens in the house to take care of. Their mama abandoned them. She's not a very good mama cat. There was 4, but I lost one :( Other than that it's been normal farm work and Christmas gift making - can you believe there's only 60 days left. And my sisters getting married on Valentines day so we're planning a shower here for the family in Ohio. (she's in Michigan)

Well, this was just a quick visit - the kittens are waking up for some milk and I need to get my beef broth in the canner (I laughed when I heard you were making chicken broth Shannon). Have a great weekend everyone :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Happy B-day Peggy!!

Good to see ya Heather......my bff had the same thing with kittens years ago and there were four and she lost one. gave one to a friend and still has two....Garfield and Sissy. She bottle fed them and I do believe they really think she is their Momma!! They are all grown up and I hate to think what she will do if she ever loses one of them!!

Bunny.....I know you are still probably adjusting with the loss of your Kitty!

It is nice to see Sabrina and Shannon have found so much common ground.....that's what MJF is all about!

Greetings to all......have a terrific weekend!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  1:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow I've done the orphaned kitten thing, it is a LOT of work!!! I lost one as well when I did it, pretty heartbreaking for all of us! I hope the best for your remaining three and sorry you had to go through the loss of one.

And happy birthday Peggy!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  07:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies.

I hope y'all have a relaxing Sunday.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  09:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Peggy! (yesterday).
Spent the day in bed. (darn)
This is just a quick hop onto and off the porch! I have to go to town.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  12:06:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been cleaning most of the day, I am hosting our very first meeting of our brand new local MJF sisterhood chapter tomorrow morning! I'm so excited, right now it looks like 5 ladies are coming over but we have 14 ladies who are very interested in our facebook group! I will let you all know how it goes! Have a great rest of your weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody! Just got back from watching Fury with Jordon. Good film but I kept thinking about all the issues the soldier/s would have after it was over. They didn't even have PSTD back then to explain it. I still worry about many of the soldiers that I work with.

Spent a good portion of the day cleaning. Then came home from the movie and finished making chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes for supper (yummmm). M* finds it weird that I put chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes but that's the way I was raised. I've noticed it's a German and Amish thing so that explains it LOL Baked a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies before we left for dessert. There's plenty to share :O) Unfortunately I didn't get any crafting done this weekend.

Yesterday we spent most of the day raking leaves. I think we ended up with 15 leaf bags full and the tree is still dropping more leaves. M* mentioned today it looks like our tree is the only one in the neighborhood still dropping leaves. As we were raking I'd look back on areas I'd already finished and they'd be partially covered again.

Sabrina - how lucky! I had a wonderful group of ladies in Michigan but have found no groups here in ND.

Peggy - I didn't realize it was your birthday! Happy Birthday!!!! May you have the best of blessings.

Well time for a cup of tea and some cookies and then book and bedtime. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  7:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy
Happy Birthday. Hope you had a wonderfful and blessed day.

PGTammy
What beautiful fur babies. Did you go to the vet? Hope everything is ok. I have a maple tree that keeps dropping leaves but they are red. Never seem to get rid of all of them!

Sabrina
Hope your group shows up and is long lasting.

Heather
Busy as usual and now with those new babies to mother! What's going on with your farm? Are you moving or staying?

Bunny
Let the sales begin! How's your mother doing?

Have a good evening.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  10:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, happy birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day doing something fun.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  07:48:00 AM  Show Profile
We had 5 ladies (plus myself) make it this morning! In true sisterhood spirit myself and another lady went to pick up one member who doesn't have her car yet, it took two of us as she had two kids and neither of us could fit 2 more carseats in our car! We have made some fun plans for moving forward and its looking very promising! I'm so excited.

Its cold here today, I think the weather may have turned for good. Gotta start getting in the holiday mode, thinking about gifts and parties and food and such. Not sure I'm quite ready!!!

Hope you all have a great monday!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  07:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Happy Late Birthday Peggy !

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  08:51:56 AM  Show Profile
Great job, Sabrina! Sounds like you had a great time!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you're going to have a great group Sabrina.
Tammy - My father-in-law seems to have made it his mission to try destroy all the leaves in the yard - he mows everyday - but like your trees ours seem to be enjoying making him work. It doesn't take long after he's finished for the yard to be covered again. It's been really windy the last 2 days and it's supposed to storm tomorrow so they keep on falling.
Darlene - we're still hoping to move, but we're coming up with some back up plans if we have to stay. The farm in ND just keeps hitting one obstacle after another. Some days we're ready to give up on it and others I think that you have to work for what you want. I keep praying that God will reveal what to do and help me to accept the answer either way. So far I've not gotten a clear answer. So, we keep pushing forward with ND, looking for other farms for sale, and making lists of everything to do here just in case... It's tiring, but we need to be prepared.

I'm a bit sore today. Yesterday my husband and father in law ran the chain saws and I stacked the wood. We got a trailer and a dumptruck full. It wasn't as intense as some of the workouts I do, but it sure seemed to work my body a lot more!! It was also so nice to see the beautiful autumn God gave us this year. The trees are almost all done changing, but there were a few bright yellow ones, the leaves were blowing and smelled like fall along with the wood being cut. I really enjoy doing physical labor that's meaningful too. I was just filled with peace that I haven't felt for a while with all the stresses we've been dealing with. It was such a nice day! The temperature was nice too - upper 60's. It's 73 and windy right now, but tomorrow it's supposed to storm and the temps drop. By this weekend when I go to the holiday open houses with my mother and sister in laws it's only supposed to be in the 40's.

Well, I better get some crocheting done before milking. 58 days left :) There's less days until we start exchanging gifts, but I'm not ready to worry about that yet. 58 seems short enough :) Have a wonderful week everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  12:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks My Porchies for all the Birthday Wishes. I had a great one. Got very spoiled as usual.
I say if you have to get Older then Enjoy the Celebration!!!

My youngest son & family took me out for the day. They gave me the option of Birthday Breakfast
or Birthday Lunch at my favorite BBQ place in Portland. I chose Breakfast and we went to
Industrial Cafe in Portland it was a very Steam-Punk Restaurant. They had fabulous food. I had
their Home-made Corn-beef Hash. I hadn't had that in years and years and it was very good.
From their we went to my favorite Antique Mall and they bought me these really cool Apothecary Jars
and a couple cute Scottish Terrier Trinkets. And on top of that gave me a Gift Certificate for the
same place...but wouldn't let me use it on this trip. Then I came home took a nap so I could watch
Elijah later that night as It was my son's 10 year class reunion. Elijah and Grandmama had lots of FUN.
After I read to him and put him to bed...I finished knitting a Scarf for a Friends Birthday and finished
a book I was reading.

I want to Thank The Porchies that sent me Birthday Cards. That was very Sweet of you. Don't wish to
name who you are...but want you to know the were so appreciated.

I got a couple huge B-day Boxes from some MJF Farm Sisters...boy do they know how to Spoil a Girl!!! So,
all in all I had a great Birthday Week.

Now...I am taking it easy this week...as next week I head to Seattle to spend a week with my Grand-daughters.
I am so looking forward to that!!! They are growing up way too fast. I want to keep them all small.

Well, don't have time for individual comments today...but I am all read-up and caught up from the couple of days
I was out Partying. LOL

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  05:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody! It's wet, cold and windy this morning. Woke up to 43', which is supposed to be today's high, and it rained sometime this morning with winds gusting to 32mph. One of those days were it's best to stay in. I'm sipping on a cup of hot apple cider.

Last night was M*'s first night on his night shift. I was so excited to get the TV remote and then discovered there was nothing on TV :O( I was antsy most of the night but finally relaxed after I picked up Jordon from work about 9. We watched Casper and I worked on my rag rug. Haven't seen that movie in ages. It will take me a while to get a routine of my own at night. I did celebrate a bit and walked down to Arby's and got supper last night lol. Thankfully I slept through him coming home which really surprised me as I'm a very light sleeper. Must have been pretty tired.

Darlene - No I haven't taken her in. Whatever was up seems to have stopped. She did start whining about 5:30 last night, but I think that was a "Mom, you've been working all day. Come sit with me" whine. I had bought a pillow this weekend to sit on the floor with while working on my rag rugs and she's taken it over as her sleeping spot in the living room. Looks like I'll have to get another one lol.

Heather - I wish M* would put a composting blade on the lawn mower so we could just mow them. I'm allergy to leaf mold so having to keep dealing with them can make for a miserable day. The tree still isn't bare yet. Maybe if it continues to rain along with the wind today. It would be nice to be done with it. It is sort of pretty though. Sorry things aren't going smoothly for you to move out here. Maybe if this door is shutting another will open.

Peggy - So glad you had such a nice birthday. Sounds awesome and you got grandma time in too!

Well time to get to work. Everybody help themselves to some cider. It's the perfect drink for a wet, cold fall day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Peggy so glad it was nice day.
It sure is busy here on the porch. My hubby and sons are at National FFA convention in Kentucky so I am holding down the farm while they are gone with the dogs of course. School is keeping me very busy right now. We had parent conferences this past week and I had good visits so I was happy Madame Butterfly. They are a pretty good class most of the time. I am thankful for that.

well I am off to eat some supper and then head to bible study.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  3:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - Glad to hear your oldest has a new GF. It is always nice to have a special someone to share with, be it a significant other or a close friend!

PG Tammy - I LOVE your carpet of leaves! And your furbabies are adorable! I miss jumping in a pile of freshly raked leaves... and hearing the crisp crunch as you step on them. But then I read that you are allergic to leaf mold, so I'm sure it is not nearly as pleasurable or enjoyable for you! The chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes sounds seriously yummy! I'm trying desperately hard to lose weight though, so I guess I should stay away from double starches ;)

Heather - how are your kittens doing? Love that you were making broth as well :) I desperately need to make more beef broth, but honestly I just do not have the energy right now. For some reason, I have been EXTREMELY light headed for the last week or so! I am also gaining weight :'( I don't know what to do about it, and am probably going to have to go back for more blood work - I had hoped I was done with that, at least to a degree!!! Oh and I think you should give up on ND and move to WY near where we want to go ;)

Sabrina - So glad to hear your first chapter meeting went so well! We have been using Math U See for our math and LOVE it! Apologia is our go-to for Science and Mystery of History for history. We have been using Shurley English as well, but the boys are not doing nearly as well with it! I try to use Before Five in a Row and Five in a Row for my younger kiddos, but honestly there never seems to be enough time in the day! I'll have to check out your curriculum choices!

Peggy - Sounds like your birthday was absolutely LOVELY! I try to spoil my kiddos for their birthdays, and my hubby as well. My family growing up never did too much, and I want the kids to know how much they truly are a blessing and that while we celebrate them everyday, their birthdays are extra special.

TLTammy - So glad your conferences went so well! I am sure you are doing beautifully well holding down the farm!!

Things here have been unusually warm (mid to upper 80s) and kinda stressful. My hubby was in terrible pain on Sunday with his back - enough so that we left between Sunday School and church to head to the pharmacy for a refill on his narcotic! Then on Sunday, our 7 yo son wrecked his bike. I didn't think much of it, until he couldn't use that wrist yesterday morning! We took him to the ER and they are unsure if it is broken or a really bad sprain. We are headed to an orthopedic on Friday :/

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  4:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...well, I didn't declare it a Pajama day but I should have.
Miserable weather here. Neither DH nor I felt like getting out in the rain to go
to Barnes and Noble. He did just finally go out to work for awhile. He
will be home by dark. With his job...you could get shot going to someone's door
at night. Nobody likes the Messenger when it comes to Process Serving. In fact
you could get shot in broad day light. Not a Job I would do. I will only ride a
long with him so he has company...a couple of days per week.

Shannon...when we were growing up my folks never celebrated Birthdays either. So, like
you I always made sure my kids had Great Birthdays. We for the most part had them at
home but I made a Special Cake for each Birthday. Let them have their choice of friends
or just family...made their favorite meal for their day...they had no chores that day...
and they always got gifts. In fact it taught my children to be very giving as adults.
And even today with 6 kids, 9 grandkids and 2 great grand kids...everyone gets gifts on
birthdays and Christmas. ~ I am jealous of your 80 degree weather. LOL Once our rain
started coming the temps went down too. So we are wet and cold.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the birthday wish! I am glad that you have a better group of Butterflies
this year. That makes for a happier Madame Butterfly! Glad that Teacher/Parent Conferences went
well too. My conferences always were good for my 3 boys until they hit Jr. High and their hormones
kicked in. Then they went down hill until High School...and there were only conferences if there was
a serious issue with kids. ~ Hope you have a great Bible Study tonight. Boy ours this year is like
having spiritual gymnastics. We are all getting a great weekly workout.

GP Tammy...Yes, the Grandma time is more Special to me than any wrapped gift. We have so much FUN!!!~
I am with you where the leaf mold allergies are concerned. It has been bad this year too. Even doing
allergy pills, nasal allergy spray...I still get a runny nose from the mold. Again...I am probably a
Secret California Girl who needs that desert climate (that I hate)...instead of all this rainy WA Weather.

Heather...boy, stacking wood can be a great workout if you have a lot to stack. All that bending and lifting.
But you look pretty FIT from that Farmgirl life-style you have on a daily basis.

I have to laugh...my dog is in hiding under my bed because it is warm in there (even though I don't heat it)...
his hair is cut short still...and so when I take him out he must be getting cold. I do have a bath towel by
the door and I dry him off as best as I can when we come in...but unless I got out the hair blower to dry him
he is going to be damp for awhile. I guess he needs the desert too. LOL

What do you girls think about this GMO Frankenfish? I am sick to death of the Government messing with our food!!!
We fight to buy good healthy food and pay more to do so...and now they are saying that the GMO fish will NOT be
labeled any differently if the FDA allows them into the Grocery Stores. Grrr!!!! So maddening! This worries me
much more than Ebola does.

Well off to start dinner girls...more later!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 28 2014 4:35:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2014 :  04:20:35 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday. As for the GMO fish, well I am opposed to any GMO food so this applies. I do think it should all be labeled so we can choose but quite frankly I think it is destroying the environment, destroying farmers and destroying our bodies and since it tends to cross contaminate the only way to ensure its not doing those things is to get rid of it. Not that I expect that to actually happen but since Germany has banned all GMOs as have many other countries and a couple states maybe there is hope.

Shannon-I'd be interested in knowing how you make birthdays special. We let them choose where to go out to eat (although we may have to change that to letting them pick something for me to fix at home-the more there are the more expensive eating out is!). I make them a cake or cupcakes or other special dessert on request. Of course they get presents, I'm even starting to encourage the older two to make a present for others on their birthday. But that is pretty much the extent of it. I can't deal with "kiddie parties" for many reasons (waste of money for a lot of cheap junk used once and thrown away just rubs me the wrong way) so instead we usually try to plan a family trip somewhere special as a combined birthday trip (this year it was playmobile land last year it was legoland, the year before it was Disney etc). That worked well because they were all born in Sept and Oct so if we went sometime around that they all felt like it was for them however with this baby coming in Feb I'm not sure what we will do. But I need more ideas for making the actual day special for the individual.

As far as curriculum goes we have some of the Exploring Creation series and one Apologia and I like them both we just haven't gotten serious about working all the way through one...I guess I should try. They have always been incorporated into other curriculums we tried and they skipped around and just took bits and pieces which doesn't really fit well with how my (or her) brain works!! I have considered mystery of history and heard good things about it. I go back and forth on if it would be better to go with a laid out curriculum like those or to stick with unit studies and following interest.....pros and cons to both, I don't want her to feel burned out or over stressed, I like lots of time to explore homemaking things, crafts, cooking, and other interests as well as to just play and explore. I used to try to do formal curriculum things with my littles but now I just don't! We have "circle time" about 3 mornings a week where we go over AWANA verses (3 kids at 3 different levels is a lot of verses!) and read books review CC memory work, do phonograms and talk about badges we will be working on. (It sounds like a lot but its usually less than 30 min). Since with Frontier Girls/Quest and Keepers of the Faith they can all three work on many of the badges together (scaled to their ability of course) we will be focusing on that.

This baby must be going through a growth spurt in there because the last two days I have just been absolutely worn out. Like too worn out to even really crochet or anything! Luckily school has gotten done but that zaps me. I went to the base yesterday after school time to meet a lady who bought a set of crocheted fruit from me. It was my last set and DH wanted me to send it to his mom but this lady popped up and asked if I had any, so I guess I need to make another set. I'm also working on some things for two swaps here and my local group is trying to decide on what they want to do for November and December swaps. I already have a bunch of ornaments made up so that is what I'm voting for! :) We finalized our name yesterday (via FB poll) we are now the Bavaria Pioneer Sisters! Its very exciting but I've been putting a lot of time into it-which is fine for now.

Well DD1 is being slow about her individual work and DD2 just hollered that DS has a leaky diaper so guess I better get back to being mom :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2014 :  8:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals... I'm still here... lurking. I haven't been on the puter in a few days. Man, took awhile to catch up.
Welcome Sabrina! There's always room for more 'Porchies.'
We've been winterizing our house and yard while it's been nice out. It's 'spose to s_ _w this w/e. Can you believe that?
We drove down to Amish country the other day to enjoy the last of the pretty leaves. It was a perfect day for a drive. Amish country always lifts one's spirits!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 29 2014 8:31:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2014 :  9:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy....good to see you on the porch....we miss your clever reparte' !! Glad the ride through Amish country lifted your spirits!!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  10:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
So glad to hear from you Judy. Think of you often and keeping you in my prayers. One day at a time.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Judy...so glad to have you hop on the Porch and give us a Shout-Out!
We really do miss your wit and humor girlfriend!!
I would love to visit Amish Country sometime...but for now will have to
be content reading about it. There are lots of Christmas Amish Books on
the Book Store Shelves right now!!

It is going to take everything I can muster up (body wise) to make it to
Bible Study tonight...but I will be there....as I have to cancel it next
week while I am in Seattle....with my grand-daughters having Grandmama Time!

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  11:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!

I have some exciting news! BF and I received an invitation yesterday to attend an Amish wedding. We are friends with an Amish family in Lancaster County, PA, and the oldest daughter is getting married next month. I can't wait to go - I'm sure it will be amazing.

Judy - it was so good to hear from you - please know we are thinking about you!

Hi to everyone else - gotta run!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page