Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  11:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Been busy sewing away. My interview was ok. But I had to take a personality test. I never do well. I think some how I'm broken. Anyway, I did find two other jobs to apply for and the HR manager is someone I pet sit for. So she knows me! The job is open until Dec. 1 so I'll probably have to wait until after that to hear something. But both jobs would be great.

Not much else going on. Been selling things slowly on my Etsy site. Had two sweaters go to Germany the other day.

My youngest son went to the Marine's Ball tonight. Here he is in his dress blues looking pretty sharp.

PG Tammy, I will look for the Miss Fisher shows. They sound right up my alley! Sorry to hear about DS and his girlfriend. But awesome about your other son coming home! I'm very thankful that when my son heads that way he will be staying on a naval ship. Too stressful for moms!!

Teacher Tammy we had some pretty cold temps around here too. It is finally in the 40's. Keep those wings defrosted!
Judy and Patsy, so nice to see your posts and humor. Judy, sorry you had such a sad coincidence with the lady at the fair, but glad you were able to support each other. What a gift.

Heather, love the winter pictures!! Always love kittie pictures too.

Shannon, you are a trouper to deal with everyone being sick at the same time. Glad you are all feeling better.

Peggy, hope you are feeling better. I love Susan Branch BTW. I use to sell some of her things in my store. I tried the Earl Grey and really liked it. But then I'm a Earl Gray fan anyway.

Time for bed. Stay warm everyone!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  12:11:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

OK P-Gypsy Tammy...you never said how Mockingjay was????? I loved the first one and can't wait to see the second one.
I will also be checking out the Miss Fishers Murder Mystery. That will be fun to have something new to watch. My
husband and I have been watching Covert Affairs on Netflix...have any of you watched that??? We really like it.
I also had the Earl Grey Lavender Tea Tonight and it was yummy. You were right I just could smell that blend all
night long. I didn't try it with milk but I am sure it would be good with that too. Can you order that Tea on line???

And I gather it was your Birthday...SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

I will also check out Plain Jane on my Kindle...and the Amish Pie cook Book. Thanks for sharing.

Judy...I love the whole Flapper Era/Art Deco Period. So, I will be excited to check this Miss Fisher out.

Bunny...your son is a very handsome young man. And who doesn't love a man in his Dress Blues...oooo la la!!!
Hope something pans out for you from one of your job interviews. As far as the Personality Testing goes...
just remember that we are ALL BROKEN. Some companies rely on those too much if you ask me.

OK...off to read. I have a big day tomorrow with my Seattle Kids coming in for the Holidays. More Later.

Hugs and Snugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  07:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, well I'm almost through one busy weekend with another one on its heels! I think we are going to take this whole week off school since hubby is off tomorrow and I have a farmgirl meeting in the morning, then he works tuesday and wednesday and of course thanksgiving is Thursday, then my trip to Poland Friday and the Christmas market Saturday and just in case that wasn't enough throw in a soccer tournament for my daughter on Sunday (her first one playing with the German team here)! Plus I have a long list of things I need to get done in the next week or so!

The Advent Calendar sewing thing we had Friday was good. One of my farmgirls put it together for us. I talked too much and didn't get much done but at least its started. I MUST finish sewing the doll clothes I promised my girls this week and finish my rather empty looking cornucopia (I'll post a pic). Then before Dec 1st I need to finish that advent calendar, my kindness elves and get our other Advent activities prepared so that I won't feel like a crazy person in Dec! I also need to get a family picture taken and Christmas cards ordered!! So yeah, I def need this week off!!!

Our farmgirl meeting monday looks to be fun, we have 12 people RSVPed, WOW I don't know where I'm going to put everyone!!! We are making elderberry syrup, chest rub and magnesium lotion! It may just end up taking all day. We are also bringing our favorite Thanksgiving dishes!

We thought our Poland trip was going to have to be canceled but we worked it out and are still planning on going. Forcast is calling for flurries in Poland that day so hopefully it doesn't turn into more or we might have to cancel after all. I am really hoping to go. We are stopping at a place to get Nativities that are made by struggling families that this mission serves, you can see them here: http://elimcenter.pl/nativity-project/ then we are going to shop for the famous Polish Pottery. I have a set of Fiesta Wear that are my "nice dishes" that I love so I'm not planning to get place settings but I'm looking for some nice, big serving pieces. I have seen some that are really neat!

Peggy-that is a beautiful perspective! And so healthy for you to have. Its NO FUN to be in pain all the time but you are right we can't let it define who we are!! I did take some pain pills and muscle relaxers when I first got diagnosed, and some anxiety meds. I needed to be pulled out of the pit at that point but once I got stable and had enough mental clarity and energy to try other things I was able to go off them, its been a continual trial and error to see what brings improvement first but we wanted to grow our family and I couldn't be pregnant on all that medication! I do well now most of the time but having that experience makes me very thankful for what I can do and what energy I do have!!

I hope you all have some fun plans for this week and thanksgiving!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  8:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Okay what happened to everybody? Peggy we may need a posse roundup! I made snickerdoodles today so maybe the scent will gather everybody.

Well the snow has started and we're expecting 3-5". I think we already have 3" so we'll see how much we end up with. It's coming down pretty hard. I think M* will be able to break out the snow blower and play with it tomorrow LOL The pups and I took our traditional first real snowfall walk tonight. It wasn't very far as the wind was blowing pretty hard and it felt like I was being pelted with shards when I walked into the wind. I'm thankful that I didn't have to work tonight.

Bunny - Great pic of your son! They always look so nice in dress uniforms. Glad you liked the Earl Grey with lavender. I could just sit and smell that tea for hours LOL

Judy - Yes she is a "classy" flapper LOL.

Did anybody watch The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns on Lifetime? I'm not catholic but thought the series would be interesting. It's a 6 week series following 5 younger woman who are considering the Sisterhood. Tonight was the first night. They're staying in a Carmelite convent. One of the women had a total melt down when they told them to go take their makeup off and they wouldn't be allowed to wear any.

So what is everybody doing for Thanksgiving? We're planning an early meal since I have to work 4 to 8 :O( They're starting ignoring my schedule request again and have me scheduled for 24 hours for the next 2 weeks. I've got to get in before the manager leaves and discuss it with her because I'm not working that many hours in addition to my full time job. It's no wonder they can't keep people.

I came home from work last night and Tip had chewed himself to the point he was bleeding on his hip. I figured I'd have to take him to the vet today but thankfully it looked better this morning. I cleaned it with peroxide and put some Burt's Bee Rescue Remedy salve on it and I gave him 2 benadryl. All the redness was gone and there was no seeping blood this morning. I gave him a benadryl this morning and I just noticed him starting to chew again so I'll give him another benadryl before I go to bed. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm wondering if it's the new dog treats I bought. With money tight I bought some cheap Alpo treats instead of the organic ones I typically buy. Another option might be that the house is so stressed with my son and his girlfriend and the issues that he's picked up on it and is having anxiety issues. I've cut out the cheap treats and will see if that helps. If not then I'll take him in to the vet. He might just need a cortisone shot or something to calm his system down. I'm really hoping it's nothing major.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  9:48:27 PM  Show Profile
It has been quiet on here....

I know that I have been having fun with My 3 Boys, My 2 DIL's and all 3 of the Grandkids.
We have gotten together every day but today...since Saturday. Last night Sadie, me and the
2 grand-daughters made cookies and frosted them. That was fun and good memory making.

Today all the fun caught up with me and about 4 pm I crashed. And oh did it feel good. I
can still not believe that Thanksgiving is in two days. What? How?

I tried to get on Netflix tonight and watch Miss Fischer's Mysteries...and it kept telling me
that all of Episode one was not available. Grrf!!! OK...it wasn't on Prime either. So, what is
the deal girls? Help!

I can't believe how well Madeline can read for a six year old. I bought her and Naomi a book of
all kinds of different Christmas Stories and Christmas songs in it...and she read most of it to me.
I only had to help her on some of the OLD ENGLISH words from the Christmas Carols. Anyway, I figured
there was more than one way to teach them about Jesus...LOL And the first Story that Madeline wanted
to read to me was The Bible Story of Christmas.

She said a funny thing to me when we were making cookies. She said, "Grandmama, are you my dad's real mom?"
I said, "Yes, honey I am." Then she got really quiet and then she said, "Then were you married to my Papa
before?" I said, Yes, honey I was." Again she got real quiet for a minute and then she got a little smile on
her face...so I said, "Do you think that is funny?" She said, "Well, Grandmama...I just can't see you with a
guy like him." I had to reel in the laughter. She loves her Papa dearly but she just could not see him as my
husband. Out of the Mouths of Babes...huh girls!

My gal came today to clean...which always makes me feel good...to have my floors mopped and everything dusted
and vacuumed and the bathrooms cleaned. I hope to get my Christmas Tree up this Friday. I'm not a Black Friday
Shopper (too many years working retail)...but I do like to order off my Computer and have it all delivered to
my door. LOL So, I guess I'm a Cyber Monday Shopper.

OK girlies...I'm pooped and my brain feels like mush.

More Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 25 2014 9:51:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  04:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

You're right - it has been quiet here! I "lurk" even when I don't get time to sit and write.

Tammy - did those dog treats have food coloring in them? I had a Doberman who was highly allergic with the same type of symptoms to any dog food or treats that were colored. Just a thought.............

Went to the Amish wedding last Thursday and it was absolutely amazing. If any of you have read Beverly Lewis books, she describes Amish weddings perfectly. It was an all day event starting at 8:15 a.m. We left at 6:00 p.m. because I had to work the next morning and we had a 3 hour drive, but it was still going strong. It was supposed to end about 9:30 p.m. The service itself was about 3 hours including an hour of singing from the Ausbund, then dinner for the 300+ guests (in 3 seatings. Then the couple opened their wedding gifts while being serenaded by the young people singing marriage songs. After that, another 2 hours of visiting, yummy snacks and singing - again from their Ausbund. Then, time for supper. We sang and ate all day long! One really neat thing they did was many families gave the couple a kitchen utensil like a strainer, sifter, baking dish, storage dish, etc. - filled with snacks to pass around to the guests. Once the snacks were gone, the couple had a useful item for their new home as a gift.

Snow is starting here, and we are supposed to get 8 - 12 inches by tomorrow AM. Hope it stops in time to clear the roads before we have to travel to BF's family for Thanksgiving dinner (last count was approximately 100 coming). It's only about an hour away, and we have both 4WD and AWD, so we should be fine.

Hope the storms don't interfere with anybody else's plans. Wishing all my dear farmgirl sisters a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. I have to confess to not even lurking lately. I've been involved in a massive editing project and not much good for anything but getting to the part time job and editing. I have a book release scheduled for 12/31 and am busy trying to get all organized for that.
I did want to pop in and say hi. I did get the tea. Thanks to all.
Back to it for me. Oh, I did learn to finally use my graphics program better and it helps that they improved it as well. Now, it and Win7 are having issues. Sigh. Anyway, I leave a little sample of what I have been doing. Hugs all and I do pray for all there collectively most nights.
Not doing much with the blog as Wordpress is no longer allowing authors to promote other author's books even though we are all mostly doing so without pay simply to help one another. Drag.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...the Amish Wedding sounds a lot like The Greek Weddings...as far as the length of time.
My husbands sister is married to a Greek. He is such a lovely man! Very very family oriented.

I have only read one or two Beverley Lewis Amish books. She isn't my favorite Amish Story Author...
but you are right as far as her description of The Amish Wedding...being like what you experienced.

Well girls my husband bought me my Christmas Gift last night...and I got to pick it out. I am not
sure if you guys have heard of The Kindle Echo or not...but it is a round cylinder shaped (picture
a Quaker Oatmeal container)Canister. And it basically sits in say your main living area...and it is
is voice programed (where you speak to it. It is called Alexa) and for example you could say, "Alexa
play Christmas Music." And Christmas Music would come on. Or you could say, "Alexa, I have a Dr. Appt.
for Jan. 23rd please put it on my Calendar." or "Alexa, how far is it to The Moon and Back?" That
type of thing. You can see it on Amazon...if anyone is interested. Most men...who I know have
viewed the video on how it works, don't think it is cool. But every single woman I know who has viewed
it...thinks it is Amazing! LOL If you are an Amazon Prime user you got a notice about it and if you
were interested you had to request an Invite to get the Echo for half price at $99.00. Not everyone
got an invite (because of the limited number of the First Production). I got my Invite to purchase it
yesterday. You can only purchase ONE...with your Invite...and you only have a 7 day window to order it.
So, that is why I know all about my Christmas Gift. LOL I am excited to get it and see how it works
for me.

OK... it is now 5:30 am...so, I think I will go back to bed for awhile. I woke up an hour ago and felt
wide awake.

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving My Porchies!!!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  06:17:31 AM  Show Profile
Have a great Thanksgiving Peggy. And the kindle thing sounds great. Star Trek lives.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  08:27:48 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving yall. I hope your day is blessed. I had my birthday Tuesday and it was a celebration with my little butterflies. Today the family is gathering around the table and that makes me so happy. Tomorrow we will be on my hubby's side and enjoy the day.

Judy and Peggy I will post the name of the murder mystery series in the next day or two. I haven't gotten a chance to get back to it. But there is two in the series so far and I am enjoying them immensely.

Bunny very handsome son....hope you are doing well.

Judy Happy Thanksgiving...thinking of you with your family and missing your sweet mama
well ladies I have pie to make...oh yes

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  09:02:15 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving everyone :) I brought some pumpkin pie, apple pie, blueberry pie, and pecan pie :) Enjoy <3 Today I am extra thankful for each of you!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  1:15:43 PM  Show Profile

A Sign in my HOME...it just speaks Thanksgiving and Gratitude...for what we have and
are blessed with! ~ Well, my middle son and I got the Flu/Cold thing from our Seattle
Family...while they were here. I loved seeing them ALL...but don't get why people have
to come sick to visit and make everyone else sick. When You Are Sick...STAY HOME!!

So, no Thanksgiving Dinner with the rest of the Family today. I've got the coughing,
sneezing, runny nose, sweats and itchy/sore throat thing going on. Hubby has a headache
or so he says...Truth be known... I think he just doesn't want to go do the Family Celebrating
Thing without me. I'm the Extravert and He is the Introvert...so, to go without me just
isn't going to happen.

Cherime...so glad to have you on The Porch again. So have missed you girl. The new book looks
good. Has your Grand-daughter Drama died down? How about your friend with Cancer?
Well, I hope you have a Lovely Thanksgiving. ~ I will let you know how I like Alexa once I get
her programed and up and running. It is very Star Trek!!!

Teacher Tammy...yes, Judy and I are waiting (patiently) for the Title to your Series. I have been
reading several Amish Christmas Books. I am in the Christmas mood...mentally if not physically yet.
I am glad that you had a nice Birthday!!! Enjoy your Family Celebrations too.

Shannon...Oh, my which kind of Pie would I like to try??? Maybe a smidgen of all of them. Hope you
left whipped topping too? (+:

I watched the end of the Macy's Day Parade (as I had gone back to bed) having taken more of my Christian
Cocktail (NyQuil). It just isn't Thanksgiving without watching part of it at least.

Youngest son said he would deliver dinner later to us. Later is good because right now...I don't think
I could stomach anything. Not that I feel sick to my stomach because I don't but just not feeling
hungry either.

OK MY PORCHIES...HOPE YOU ALL FEEL OVERWHELMINGLY BLESSED TODAY! YOU ALL are such a huge blessing to me! xoxoxo

Peggy (the sicky)

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 27 2014 1:24:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  2:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Gals!
Sounds like we have a BIG mix of emotions this year!
Poor Peg, I'm with you, 'If you're sick, stay home!!' This isn't rocket science! It's just good manners and
being thoughtful of your fellow man!
We just stayed home, laid around and did whatever we wanted. I'm not up to normal holiday stuff this year and Dave is off for the first time in years. He's just enjoying being home. He just turned 60 Tuesday and he's taking it hard. Weird to see a guy acting that way. Usually it's a girl thing. To me it's just a number.
Well,that's 'bout it for me! Hope you all don't over-do!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  12:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy...I get the whole "I don't feel like doing The Holiday Thing". The first year that your loved one is
gone...you have all those "Firsts" to brave through with out them. You look around and wonder how the World
can go on like nothing has happened...how can others act like every thing is All Right...when it's NOT in
your world anyway. It's is so hard Girl. I kept thinking about your mom and several others that have passed
away this year...and I keep thinking "Man they are probably feasting in Heaven with no need to worry about
what they will eat because it doesn't matter anymore. They can eat whatever they want!!! And tonight I thought
about every calorie going into my mouth. Someday we won't give a rip girls...it will be..."OK, bring it on!"

Tell Dave that when my Dad turned 40 he took it really hard. I thought he was going to throw a shawl around
his shoulders and sit in the Rocking Chair and watch life pass him by. And believe me my dad would be the last
person you would ever expect to have that kind of reaction to aging. So yes, some men do take it hard.

OK...Love You Judy and Patsy...you have the prayers of many surrounding you. God will help you fight through this
hard first year...and you will come through the Tunnel with JOY in your hearts and Lessons that you can share with
others. Because we don't go through things alone or with out God using it to help others.

Love and JOY,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  06:32:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I hope all is well for y'all on the beginning of this new Monday morning and new month.

Peggy, you put into words so eloquently about the experience of 'firsts' without a loved one. In just a few days, it will be the 1 yr mark of my sweet mom's passing. So, I'm past all the 'firsts'. Although pain and sorrow still exist, I'm able to cope.

Yesterday, I decorated our front fence with lights and big bows. It's 200 ft of lights and 20 bows. I love it. Last year was the only year out of 18 yrs that I didn't decorate. It feels good to be feeling joy again after feeling such deep sadness.

I pray that all y'all have an awesome day!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,
Wasn't in the spirit of celebrating Thanksgiving, but we met at Shoney's for their buffet. It was good, but one thing, no leftovers! That's what I love about making my own turkey. We had hubby's 2 sisters and a nephew join us and one sister had to go to work at Walmart and the other one joined us at home for an evening of games. no comment there...

Got my house decorated a bit. Put window clings in the windows and hung old cards around the door frames of the house. Took all day since there was writing and dates on the back of some of them which led to memories...
Mama made the manger that I set up, more memories...been a long day..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  6:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

It has been a busy day for me too.....and I'm still not well.

Patsy...sounds like a Not So Fun Thanksgiving my Friend...we knew it would be hard for You and Judy.
Bless your Hearts...we are keeping you in Prayer.

Catherine...It's good to hear that healing is beginning to be felt. The loss will never go away but
it will start to become easier.

I will try to get back here tomorrow.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 01 2014 11:56:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  9:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Catherine... my heart aches for you too..... and also glad that you've made it thru your year of 'firsts.'
So many times I want to pick up the phone and call Mama, just to ask her something, or relate a quick message.
So many times I see something in the grocery store and almost call her to see if she'd like me to get it for her. Living on the same street as her I was her daughter, shopper, laundress and kitty-care.
So close ....and now, so far away. *sigh*(so lonely)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  05:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Biggest Warmest hugs to Judy, Patsy, and Catherine!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  11:19:52 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I understand about wanting to pick up the phone. Like you, I lived next door to my mom. We did everything together everyday. I have all the same experiences....wanting to call her while I'm at the store, wanting to fix a pot of coffee for us to drink, wanting to have her meet me out by the farm animals to just talk to me while I do farm chores, etc....

Love all y'all!!!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  12:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to everyone for your loses!

RIP My Sweet Baby Jake Dec 3, 2014 (Best Dog on the Planet)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  12:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mel! I am so sorry!!! (((HUGS))) to you as well! What a precious little man!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  6:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear ones,
I am sorry I have been a bit gone. Our new puppy got hit by a car and we lost him. It was a sad few days even though we had him only a month he was in our hearts. So we buried him next to Shadow. But dear little Jax is keeping us all happy. He got a haircut and they put a Christmas bow tie on him. The cutest darn thing. He was prancing like he was Mr. Handsome dog. Just made me laugh.

Judy and peggy the series I have been reading is the Potting Shed Mysteries by Mary Wingate There are two so far. The first one is called the Garden Plot and the second one is The red book of Primrose House They were delightful. I am hoping she will keep adding to the series.

Here is a picture of the Christmas tree my darling little butterflies decorated today

well time for me to fold some clothes and have evening tea. Just got home from church and now time for bed for Madame Butterfly.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  11:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh no Tammy! I am so sorry!! many (((hugs))) to you as well! Did you happens get a picture of Jax? I'm sure he looked quite dasher! The tree your butterflies decorated is so pretty! We have not put garland on our tree insome time! I think next year I may try wrapping ours in ribbon... But we will see what hubby thinks, lol.

Things here are going alright. Saw my endocrinologist today. He seems pleased with how things have been going since my surgery, but wanted to do more blood work. My kids call him Dr. Vampire, with as much blood as he takes... Though I did escape with him only taking four tubes this time. Today we are headed to an orthopedic hand plastic surgeon for my oldest daughter. She broke two of the bones in her hand years ago, that then fused to the growth plates... Those two bones are going to need to be rebroken, screws put in them, and slowly spread apart, so that she will have use of that hand. We left the decision up to her about having it done... And I dread doing it.... But I agree it is the best thing for her. Then Friday we have her horse riding lessons, then a field trip to an Abbey for a Crèche Festival, then therapy for my middle daughter. That will be a really busy day! Sometime in between all of tat, I need to make more gifts! My kiddos are each getting an Apron - well except the youngest. Quite honestly I am at a loss of what to make my 17 month old.... Any suggestions?

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  02:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Goodness I've missed a lot!

Hugs and prayers to everyone who lost a loved one or was remembering a lost loved one over the holiday-furry or not. I am so sorry to hear of all this pain.

I can't remember what I wrote last but I made it through my crazy busy week of Thanksgiving. Farmgirl meeting was a success, we had 9 ladies here I believe. We made everyone chest rub, elderberry syrup and magnesium lotion to take home. We had one person sick at the last minute so we made her some to take to her. It was utter chaos in my house but in a good way! Husband had the day off and was here as we were getting started then left to do whatever he went to do....he was overwhelmed just by the people showing up lol. When he got back the last person was leaving and the house was relatively cleaned up. I think he was pretty surprised!

On tuesday I got out my sewing machine to finish the girl's doll clothes I promised them and bags for our advent calendar, only to find that my presser foot was missing :(. I had gone the friday before to a workshop at a friend's house and it must have fallen out in transit somewhere. Of course there isn't anywhere here to run out and buy one so I had to order one from Amazon and it takes a week-ish to get that stuff (plus extra days for the holiday and general holiday shipping volume) hopefully it comes this week and I can finish those bags. I had to make some quick envelopes in the meantime for the first few days. Also, my order from Joann's that was shipped on Nov 12th STILL isn't here....in it was the yarn I needed for our kindness elves, so I guess that project will just have to wait until next year :(.

Thursday we put up Christmas decorations since we didn't really have time the rest of the weekend and I wanted to do it when hubby was home. I think only one ornament broke (our wedding ornament) in the process. I won't buy breakable ornaments ever again! Then Friday was our trip to Poland. It was me and 3 other ladies. We did quite well but got a later start than planned and only had about 3 hours to shop. What was striking about Poland was how much poverty there was. I expected quite a bit but it was so much more than I realized. I will post pictures of my nativity that I got and my pottery below. Then Saturday we went to a "Medieval Christmas Market" which turned out to be more of a medieval market with a few Christmas things but was neat to visit. It wasn't very far away and we didn't stay too long since I was worn out from the rest of the week.

We managed to do school on Monday and Tuesday but Tuesday night my oldest woke up with a fever and a headache. The younger two had a little cough earlier in the week but no other symptoms. She was miserable all day and the fever went up as soon as the motrin started wearing off. That elderberry syrup we made is coming in handy!! Then yesterday evening I started feeling bad, I hoped it was just being wore out from caring for a sick kid plus the little ones but I got worse over night. No fever-thank goodness-but my cough is pretty bad. So we are resting and hoping to heal. Sydney has a party she planned on Saturday but if we don't feel MUCH better by tomorrow we will have to reschedule for after Christmas :(.

Now for some pics:

I finished the cornucopia (I will probably add to it next year but I think it turned out nice):

The nativity from the mission in Poland:

My pottery finds:

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page