Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  12:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, I wish we could bottle up your 'nesting' energy. You turn into super woman right before a baby arrives.

Peggy, you are so pretty in that purple! I love that you shared a pic.

I hope everyone's new year is beginning splendidly.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, LOOOVE all that purple! I guess we'll let you 'mix it up' a little once in awhile and wear something other than 'Red.' But , after all, you DO call yourself the 'Lady in Red!' *giggle*
Sabrina, you exhaust me girl. Such energy... lists... time tables! Wow! Amazing! You go girl!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  08:01:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, I guess it'd time to take down all the decorations off our virtual porch. I'll box it all up and label them for all of us to pick up. We could leave some of the white lights up for ambiance at night.

Now that the year is complete, I can do our business taxes. I try to do a bit every day but I get behind. So, I've got a pot of coffee on and the tv is on LMN for cheesy movies all day while I go through receipts and enter data into the computer. I might need some whiskey by the end of the day!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Catherine...glad you are so organized and keeping us Porchies organized too.
Yes, lets leave the white twinkle lights on the Porch all year long...then when
we come out at night with our Tea or Coffee...we can just enjoy the ambiance,
while we rock or talk or just listen to the sound of silence.
Taxes huh??? I'm not ready to go there yet. I am still sitting amongst my
Christmas Decorations waiting for my Pre-lit, Pre-decorated tree to arrive. LOL

Judy...I know that I am "Lady In Red" and had that title for years...but my hair is
no longer red/but rather gray...and I no longer wear my red lipstick and red nail polish,
though, I do still wear a lot of RED clothes...
the Color Red has been scooted down to my second favorite color and PURPLE has become my
go to color...you know the Poem, "When I am Old I Will Wear Purple". That's me!!! LOL
But I still have one red hat, red shoes (I love red shoes and red purses still) they compliment
my purple so nicely. Hee Hee! But as a Purple Lady now, I find that I still cannot "spit in the
street and Cuss" just because I am old. Unless you call the word "crap" cussing. So, maybe I
should call myself "LadyInPurple/WithResiduleRed"

I must agree with you...Shannon and Sabrina wear me out with their lists of "must-get-dones" before
the next child arrives from the Stork. I think Sabrina maybe going for her own Reality-TV Show...I'm
not sure. (Just joshing Sabrina...don't get your Ringed Sling in a KNOT!) LOL

Sabrina...very adorable daughter Model you have in those pictures. So cute...she is!!! How many girls
do you have and how many boys?

Bunny...if you are lurking, I'm still praying for you and the job situation. I hope you aren't quietly
slipping away from us like our dear Alaskan Story Writer did. We've spent too many years together...you
can't go rouge on us now. We will be sad!!!

I still haven't compiled all the names and addresses for the Tea List...I tell you girls, I am so behind.
I still don't have all the Birthdays and such, transferred over to my 2015 Calendar yet, I still haven't
packed away Christmas, and yes, your January Tea from me won't be sent until the end of the month because
I am still sitting here wondering how Christmas and New Years came and went...with hardly any participation
from me. I just got carried along in the Wind and dropped down in 2015 saying "What??? How did Christmas get
here so fast and now New years???????" I'm still back reveling in the Great Summer and Fall of 2014.
Don't get old girls...it messes with your mind.

OK...off to drink another cup of tea and to sit here contemplating if my Christmas will come down in time
to decorate for Valentines Day??? Maybe!/Maybe NOT!

Big Hugs from The Purple People Eater,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 03 2015 09:41:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  09:37:38 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, I love your imagination...you always take me right along with you. So....
I just baked a fresh apple pie. I think I'll hitch up 'ole Bess up to the surrey and head out your way to get my decorations or you could just put my bows in your stuff for next year. Put the coffee/tea pot on and we'll just visit awhile before you trudge knee-deep into that paperwork. Uncle Sam will just have to wait awhile.
I tatted a table runner that I want to show you anyhow and the fresh air will do me and Bess a world of good.
Winter gray skies already has me antsy from sittin'round. Now that Christmas is over I will start some light cleaning...once I get all the decorations down. You got me started by taking the porch stuff down.
(how's that for imagination? Peg's muttering, "I know it's her imagination if she 'tatted' something.That girl can't even tie a knot when she gets to the end of her rope!" hahahahaha)
Somebody take the next paragraph and we'll write ourselves a 'Winter Story' to break up the blues.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  10:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year my sweet porch sisters,
It is very cold here and windy and snowy. Couldn't make it to church due to the drift winter left in my driveway. I so do not like winter. But spring is about 84 days away. :)

I go back to school tomorrow. I am sad about that. Not quite ready. We have inservice so it will be a short first day and butterflies return on Tuesday. It will take a week to get their wings in order. They will act like they haven't seen each other in years. It is quite funny. I will be getting a new butterfly as well. So the week will be transition.

I crocheted most yesterday. Working on a scarf. I like them as they are easy and make good gifts. So I am going to make several.
Miss Peggy I loved your picture. Purple is my favorite color and I think it is delightful on you.
Bunny where are you been praying for you.
Judy I think I should fly to your house for apple pie.

well ladies I am off to enjoy the day on the couch with tea and a good book and watch my Cowboys play football later.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies :) Spent the morning at church :D We were not sure if we were going to make it or not, but we did. We have MASSIVE storms in the area that are causing a lot of pain for my hubby (he had surgery on his back about 3 years ago and needs another) and my middle daughter (she has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis). I'm so glad e made it, as dear friends have been here for months due to their house flooding in Florida, and today was their last day before heading back south to FL. After church, we stopped by Joanns - I needed to pick up a couple odds and ends to finish some swap projects I am working on. Rainy stormy days are perfect days to plan and craft :)

I'm kinda sad to see our porch undecorated! Our Christmas tree here at the house will be up until after my middle daughter's birthday, on the 16th. That was her birthday request :D Not sure what else we are going to do for her birthday... I know she wants chili for dinner. Maybe I can do a Frozen themed birthday week for her, filled with crafts and what not. hmmm guess I should start planning!

This past weekend we went to Fort Sumter. What a great learning experience! Did you know it was fired on for 34 straight hours!?!? The one and only casualty was due to a misfire accident - Private Daniel Howe.

I'm like you Tammy - getting ready to go back to school tomorrow. We've enjoyed the break! I start "Prepare and Pray" with the kids tomorrow - a full blown unit study. We'll see how it goes!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  3:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Sweet Porchies...

I can't believe I slept the day away. Got up at 7:00 with Fibro pain, muscle spasms, and heavy fatigue.
Stayed up an hour and a half and went back to bed. Woke back up at 2:00 pm. Feel more rested but still
in pain. So, Church was a wash out for me too. I hate rain! But dislike snow more.

I have declared it a Pajama Day...talked hubby into taking his dog out for a change...so I could stay in
my Jammies. So, I'm with Teacher Tammy...a good book, tea and a football game in the background sounds good.
Hubby is out doing his Process Serves. It is nice and quiet here. As I look around I can see a million and
one things I should be doing but will continue to ignore them ALL for today anyway.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Sonday!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  5:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Peggy I'm with you - it should have been a pajama day. It's -14 out with a wind chill of -26 tonight. I got up at about 7, let the dogs out and fed all the furkids. Grabbed my laptop and curled up in bed to read emails and such for a bit this morning with plans to get up and start cleaning early after M* woke up. I laid down while reading them and fell asleep again. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the clock and it said 11:30! Not sure why I was so tired.

M* did something to his back & shoulder again so he's been in a lot of pain and can't sleep laying down. I massaged him last night and he managed to sleep in bed for about 3 or 4 hours before having to sleep in his chair. He was sleeping in his chair when I got up the first time so that's why I crawled back in bed. He's going to the chiro tomorrow to get adjusted. His shoulder blade probably popped out of place again and the muscles are pinching nerves so he has reduced feeling in his hand and fingers now. I'm honestly not sure how he's going to work tomorrow with his limited motion.

I did get motivated after getting up though. Took the tree down and put all the decorations away. I bought a roll of decorative burlap and cut it as a runner for the TV stand and to put on top of the speakers. Gives the room a bit of a rustic feel to it. Didn't get a whole lot else done though (sigh). I'm planning on curling up with some knitting and watching Downton Abbey tonight. It's the new season and I'm so excited it's back on again!

Store manager came up to me yesterday and let me know that after 17th I'm not on the schedule. Corporate won't allow them to give temps any hours and won't let them convert temps to permanent so he can't let me or any temp have any hours. It's so stupid, the shelves are nearly half empty and they cut the hours that the store can schedule and the workers available. He has no idea when I might be back on the schedule :O( Guess this gives me some time to work on my crafts and maybe get another rug done or I can look for another part time job.

My AeroGarden is growing like magic! Everything is up now except the parsley. I had to take the caps off two of the lettuces because they're so big and tomorrow I'll have to take the third lid off. They seem to double in size overnight.

Peggy - Fortunately Jordon's flu only lasted 2 days and crossing fingers nobody else has gotten it. Sorry your fibro is flaring. Praying you feel better soon. I've also been looking at those prelit trees. It would be so much easier then putting on and taking off lights every year BUT we like our real trees.

Sabrina - All I can say is WOW! You are definitely in nesting mode. My daughters had the slings for their babies too when they were young. I can remember staying the summer with my mom babysitting for an family while my ex was overseas on a med tour. To save money I rode my bike back and forth to their house with Chantel in the kid seat attached to it. She'd strap her Cabbage Patch baby doll to her chest and get into the seat for the ride. It was adorable. I think she was 2 at the time.

Tammy - Hopefully your transition back into school will be smooth. You could always hope for snow days! LOL

Well I think I'm going to brew a cup of tea and maybe start going through my cookbooks to weed some out. It's my project for the week. Hope everybody had a great weekend and has a great week!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  6:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Well Peggy - you asked to see our faces, so here goes! Here's me last fall in Maine on my 60th birthday. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. We just had Christmas today with BF's family, so don't feel like it's time to un-decorate yet. Think I'll leave my tree up for another few days.

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  5:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Luanne! Are you sure you typed that right? 60? I saw that pic and thought, "How, sweet, someone posted a picture of their daughter." Honey girl, you do not resemble 60. You go girl!

Judy, thanks for joining in on the imagination. After all, this is 'virtual porch sitting'. :) I loved seeing Ole' Bess and your tatting work is beautiful.

Teacher Tammy, I hope your half day went well. Take a deep breath and get ready for tomorrow!

Shannon, I hope the storms are gone and your family is feeling better.

Peggy, I love pajama days. I had one on Saturday (while I was doing taxes and watching LMN movies)

Prairie Tammy, I'm sorry about the job situation. You always keep a good attitude about everything. Something will pan out.

I de-cluttered my bedroom today and moved the furniture around to sweep underneath. I guess I'm getting into the spring cleaning mode too soon. There was so much dust and dog hair. It's not that rewarding,though. No one could see it when it was dirty and still no one can see it now that it's clean. I will even have to point it out to hubby to make sure he knows that I do know how to clean house. hee hee

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Catherine - you made my day!!! My dad never lost his natural blonde hair and started turning white until he was in his 70's, so I guess mine is going to do the same thing. There is a little white and gray creeping in, but not much yet.

Making turkey noodle soup with the frozen turkey carcass from Christmas - smells good. I'll leave a pot full with some mugs and some biscuits on the porch since it is so cold now. We can still enjoy those pretty twinkle lights! We're supposed to be -20 wind chill on Wednesday AM. Guess winter is finally here.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  6:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...you do not look 60...more like 35. I am 63 and I look every bit my age.
Be glad you have that youthful sweet look. I always felt about 15 years younger than I was until I
turned 50...and then it was like the OLD AGE Fairy Hit me with her wand and it was all down hill from
there. LOL

Prairie Tammy...Well, I got my Pre-Lit, Pre-decorated Tree today and it is Neither One!! I
was so disappointed. So, now I pray I have no hassle returning it and getting my money back.
I thought it sounded to good to be true.
Wow...look at your garden grow. How cool is that???

Catherine...I had a great Pajama Day. We all need more of those...they are good for the soul!!!

OK girls...off to clean up dinner dishes. Hope you all are staying warm and safe.

Big Huggies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  7:13:33 PM  Show Profile
hahahahaha......Peg, I am cracking up here. I am picturing that old age fairy standing on yer shoulder, wand in hand winding up like a baseball player, the crowd hollering, "batter, batter,batter," and she swings....* whap*...aaaand down the hill ya roll!!!hahahahahaha...wow...I must have cabin fever. My imagination is running away with me.
Luanne, I would never have guessed 60 either. Your family has good genes!
Catherine, I do the same thing with my hubby, I tell him what all I did so he doesn't think I sit all day on my bum eating bon-bons. hahahaha(well...ya gotta point out yer worth to them once in awhile, ya know?) *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  8:26:34 PM  Show Profile
This is Patsy and I a couple of years ago on a pontoon boat at Atwood lake. I love this pic because we are so relaxed and love being together any time we can get together. It shows.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  9:46:37 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy...that is a Great Picture of You Two. I think that is the first picture I have seen of Patsy.
You two look like Sisters!! And you do look so relaxed and happy/carefree!!!

Thanks for sharing My Porchies...I'm loving seeing your faces. Come on Girls Don't be SHY!!! LOL

I thought you would get a kick out of My Old Age Fairy Miss Judy.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  01:30:03 AM  Show Profile
You ladies give me too much credit!! Just because it is ON the list doesn't mean it will actually get DONE! But I try and the list gives me a bit of focus (which I otherwise would not have). I have fabric on my table right now cut for the ring sling and mei tie, baby blanket and nursing scarves/covers (I finished one of those 3 left just because that's how much fabric I got!). The last two days I've been totally useless. I guess cleaning the bedroom wore me out! I did go through a few boxes of baby stuff and ordered some of the supplies I need for birth and postpartum along with a carseat and new cradle mattress. So I guess that is something! I also changed my violin strings yesterday, meaning I have no excuse not to start practicing again!! That is one of my goals for the year-get back to practicing music. I want to learn to play guitar and practice my violin and teach the children recorder.

I hope I hear back about mine and Syd's Merit Badges soon she keeps asking me if I've heard :). I need to order some printable fabric to make the actual badges and figure out how I'm going to display them. I am not great at embroidery so printing seems to be the best option.

Feeling a little more energy today, I'm trying to get some school planning done then I will tackle my to-do lists and craft lists. Now Sydney is waiting for me to help her with school so I better run. I'm sure there will be more craft pictures coming soon :).

Let me see what pic I have of myself....This is me, looking very pregnant. I don't like this picture but its the most current with just me in it!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  05:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Sabrina...you are Beautiful!!! And honestly...I think Pregnancy Pictures...are always so Stunning.
A lot of women feel like Whales when pregnant...but I usually think they just "glow" with the radiance
of Good Health and Mommy Joy (just like you)! I say usually because I have known a few over the years that looked like
pregnancy did not suit them...and it was extremely hard on them physically...but they were the exception
not the rule.

Thank YOU for sharing your picture...you are just gorgeous!

Hugs and Prayers for a healthy baby and easy delivery,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  1:06:40 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Peg, Sabrina, you look gorgeous! I like the pretty tree in the background too!
God never Blessed me with the child-bearing gift....BUT, I have the feeling that I would have been the 'whale' that Peg spoke of.....AND miserable to boot. hahahaha....maybe.
I do believe, as I think back, that my sissy was an adorable, short, round tea-pot.... with all of her pregnancies. She would probably disagree, but... that's my opinion anyhow... as the observer. *giggle*
Well, it finally snowed last night....yeaaaaa. hahaha 5 inches worth hubby said. He finally got to use the snow-blower while I did the porches with a broom. Men and their toys, honestly. It isn't winter until they can use their toys. haha
Hey Heather, where are you? Are you digging out the cow-girlies by hand? You've been MIA for a bit. Do you have more snow than we do?
Bunny, I'm missing you too... are you ok dearie?
TLTammy, hope your butterflies are not driving you crazy this week.
Well, that's about it for now. Hubby and I are sitting at our new coffee café in town drinking cappuccinos and chai's and just chillin. It's nice to just 'be' instead of always 'doing' on his day off.
Later gators.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 07 2015 7:38:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  10:00:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I guess I better let you know I've been lurking since Judy's asking about me :) I've been very busy and quite overwhelmed. I thought after Christmas things would settle down, but that's not the case. We got about the same snow as you Judy. I'm glad because it would be miserable to go outside in this weather without the snow making it so pretty. Peggy, I know you don't like it, but I think that's why those of us who get lots of it like it so much :) Can you imagine how dreary it would be with no snow, but still minus 15 to minus 30 degree windchills for 48 hours (yup, that's what it really is since last night through tomorrow night). It's not very good snowball snow, but it still sparkles in the sun :) We've got bales of hay and straw stacked up everywhere to keep the cows, calves, cats, water tanks, pipes... from freezing. So far so good. I just pray it stays that way. We finally dried up one cow - on New years day. That means now less than two months until the new calves are born :) I took some pictures of my kittens, but I don't have time to upload them right now. Hopefully soon. I love "purple people eater Peggy"! Purple is my favorite color too! It looks great on you :) I agree Luann - you look too young to be 60. Judy/Patsy - who is who in the picture? Sabrina - you're beautiful! I know that no pregnant lady likes the way she looks, but I think like the others said - pregnant women are just lovely. Maybe it's just a longing to be one of them I don't know.

Anyway, I need to get back to work. So much to do so little time! I'll try and get some pictures posted sooner rather than later, but I'm not making any promises :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  10:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy, y'all look so happy and like y'all could cause a lot of trouble!
Sabrina, omg, so beautiful! You are a Blessed woman and your children are Blessed to have you.

Ok, here's my try at a selfie. I'm on my way out to check on my goats that are ready to kid. So, no fancy make-up or pretty hair-do. Just me, plain faced and hair up in a bandana.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  11:02:29 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, good job on the selfie and what beautiful, expressive, eyes you have.
Heather, Patsy on left... Judy on left. *giggle* yup, when we get together, we're trouble.
I believe our hubby's are glad we live a few states away from each other. Safer that way.teepee
Today we have lake effect snow flying every which way. It looks like glitter flying around out there since the sun has been out a few times. 11 degrees for a high with a horrid wind-chill like Heather spoke of.
Good day to stay in and clean, read and drink lots of tea.
Stay warm wherever you are.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  11:38:54 AM  Show Profile

Here is a picture of me with my wonderful sons. Although my hair is more auburn now...I have those roots so decided to go with it.
I didn't have school today due to the deep cold that set in. I got stuck in my own driveway yesterday twice before school and when I came home. Can I just say my driveway and I are not best friends. Hubby and sons laughed...I did not see the humor.
So I have been enjoying my tea and just hanging out in my sweat pants. I am sure we will have school tomorrow. First day back was not too bad. I am going to have to clip wings...you would think they had not seen each other in months.
well I am off for now. Yall keep warm.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  2:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Good pics everybody!
Catherine: must be the mafia glasses that gave you that impression of us... but we WILL stick up for each other. Ya can't mess with sisters.. ;)

Peggy, I'm with you on the 2015 dealio. We think alike in so many ways! I only have one new calendar, need to get a couple more. Mama always kept me stocked... sigh..
My tree is still up, enjoying it at night and it's been so windy today and only 30..brrr..been drinking hot tea. Don't have any Christmas put away yet. Might just have to put red valentine's all over the tree. I've been known to keep my tree up till..let me think..had flags on it in June. Just kept putting "monthly" stuff on it. kites in March, eggs for Easter.. you get the idea. :)
Sorry to hear your non prelit tree wasn't what you wanted.

Well, stay warm porchies, time to make that "nest on the couch".

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  6:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....

Judy...You are so funny! Patsy on the left and Judy on the left...then who is that chickie on the right? LOL

Catherine...Love your red hair and freckles. I was a red head too but no freckles except on my arms. You did a good
job on your Selfie. I cannot do selfies...I always shoot right up my nose. LOL You are a very pretty girl...if you
look that good all natural...that tells me you are stunning all made up.

Teacher Tammy...Lovely picture of you with your boys. You all look so much alike. Handsome boys and sweet cute petite mom.

Heather...so glad that you decided to check in and let us know that your are still with us. I think everyone is still
so busy and especially you real farmers. I feel badly for all you girls with your snow and cold weather. I love the
snow for a couple of days and then I am ready for it to be gone. Being raised in Montana and Spokane WA I have had all
the snow I ever could want for a life time. And the cold weather too.

Watched my little guy for a couple hours this afternoon. He is such a little charmer. Nothing makes my heart warm faster
than his sweet smile when I get him up from his nap and then he throws me kisses when I leave. He has me wrapped around
his little finger and he knows it.

OK...I'm tired tonight. Leaving some Chocolate Chip Cookies on The Porch with cups of hot chocolate and whipped cream.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 07 2015 6:58:27 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page