Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  2:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Got the tea list Peg. thanks!
Patsy surprised me with a surprise visit yesterday. She was almost surprised herself because we weren't home. We were out car shopping for hubby and weren't here. Luckily she has a key. She called me from her cell while they were a couple hours from us so I knew she was on her way. Her FIL had an important Dr. appt., so she and her 2 SIL came to go with him to see what was going on with him. So Patsy got to ride along. So I had 1 night with her and we made the most of it. Then they picked her up on the way back. She is staying at her daughters for a couple of weeks until her FIL's next appt. at the end of the month, so we are hoping to squeeze in another overnighter then too. We'll see. It couldn't have worked out any better. My Sis home with me on Mama's birthday! We sang Happy Birthday to her and talked about her well into the night and it was a warm fuzzy that GOD knew we both needed. Isn't HE wonderful!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  6:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Luanne and Mel...I NEED YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES TO SEND YOU YOUR LIST.

For some reason my computer did not hold it from last year. So please hurry...

I picked up what I thought was just a severe Intestinal Bug this morning...bad cramping
and then all of a sudden I started throwing up too. So, guess it is the FLu again.
It hit fast and furiously and am Praying it leaves the same way.

Judy and Patsy...Oh, God is soooooooooo Good!!! How Awesome was that??

Prairie Tammy...I like the sound of what is happening in regards to the girlfriend. Hope she just
quietly goes away...and Jonathan learns something important about women who consistently lie.

Sabrina...love your necklace and wrap. Don't wear yourself out though.

Shannon...continue to pray for you and babies health.

OK...off to rest some more.

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  06:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Judy, what a nice 'pajama party' you had with Patsy. Y'all are blessed in this friendship.

Peggy, I received the emailed tea list and all is correct on my information. I am so excited to be a part of this for my first time. Thank you for all the work you put into organizing this.

Happy Friday everyone!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  10:27:04 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, WE ARE BLESSED! GOD IS GOOD INDEED!
...and you gals who have never been in our Tea-Swap before are in for a treat. It's so nice to get teas each month with all the fun tuck-ins: recipes, crafts, poems, etc....and 'Hey' it doesn't cost like those "Tea of the Month Clubs" I've seen on-line! hahaha With our swap you get to try small samples of everybody's favorites. It's a win-win!...and it sure beats getting nothing but bills and ads. *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  06:46:31 AM  Show Profile
Along with my excitement about my being a part of the swap, I'm also nervous that I won't put together cute stuff. Y'all are all so talented and crafty. I don't think I'll measure up. But, I'm gonna try!!!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Catherine...This is a Very Low Key Swap. You send one or two of your favorite Teas...is ALL that is required.
You want to do more...that is up to YOU. ALL that I ask is that the TEA you send out is NEW...not
something that has sat in your cupboard all year (I have received tea like that from Farmgirls tho NOT
from any of our Porchies I'm HAPPY to say) LOL This Swap is for all of us to get an opportunity to Try New and Different Teas...because let's face it...we all get stuck drinking the same Tea...because we are afraid to buy a box or tin can of tea in case we don't like it. Miss Judy taught me that it is fun to mix teas in your cupboard to discover your own
blends...that was a new concept to me...as I have always been a Tea or Coffee Purist. LOL As I'm typing this I
just mixed a Valentine Chocolate and Rose Tea with a Vanilla Carmel Tea. And I love it. So, thank You Judy for
teaching an Old Dog...new tricks. Hee-Hee! I have also learned that different Teas taste different and better depending
on how you fix them. I love my tea Sweetened with Something (whether it is with raw sugar, Stevia, Agave or Honey)
depends on The Tea. I don't think Tea always tastes good if you add milk or cream like the English do...it tends
to hide wonderful flavors...but I do like some Teas with milk. I have also learned that when I sit down for a Cuppa in the afternoon...I like some Tea Cookies (like Walkers Shortbread, Ginger Snaps, and that one Wonderful Waffle Cookie that has Carmel in the middle. You set it atop your cup of tea and let the steam from your tea, warm the Carmel inside the wafer and it is a luscious gooey Treat with your cuppa Tea. I also like to read my favorite magazine during these afternoon breaks. My two Favorites at this time are "Daphne's Diary' and "FLOW". I call these 10 -30 Minute Breaks in my Afternoon...A Mini-Vacation. So, besides having FUN with this Swap...we actually
pick up great Tea Tips Too. So, RELAX and just ENJOY the Journey...we are going to Love whatever You decide to do.

Just a side note for our new girls...put your Tea Bags (if not already pre-pkged individually) in a small plastic bag before you
stick it in your card or envelope for mailing. The Post Office
Frowns on Tea Leaking Out in their machinery or they think you
might be a Terrorist. A couple of our Swappers discovered this to
be a problem in the past. LOL Also, do NOT guess on postage...
have the post office weigh your packages and put the proper amount
of postage on each pkg. Nobody wants to pay a ransom to the Post Office to get their Tea Pkg because not enough Postage was put on.
I can tell you that it is going to cost you between $1.90 to $2.50 to mail each pkg. But again...make sure you have them weighed.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 17 2015 07:53:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  10:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear Catherine...you couldn't be more wrong about all of us being crafty. I mentioned poems and recipes because I AM NOT CRAFTY! Not a CRAFTY Bone in THIS Body! *giggle* It's true. So don't even give it a thought!
Do your own thing! One year I found this bag of safety-pins all decorated with beads and babbles, at Goodwill of all places. There must have been 80 of them. So guess what the girls got that year?/! Whatever we send, you can be sure that it came from that girls 'heart!' We send each other a little bit of ourselves in there with TONS of LOVE! We are all 'Sisters' and we are always here for each other! (can I just gloat & grin here and say, 'yeah, another porchie like me who doesn't really craft) Isn't God good? Thank you God! *giggle*
Love all Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  5:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy and Judy, thanks for the kind words. Y'all have made me feel at ease.

It's quiet here tonight. Hubby is working his second job tonight. Two of my kids are on a trip to San Antonio and my other daughter went to study at Starbucks. So, I'm watching Netflix movies and crocheting dishrags. Woo! I'm such a party animal.

Shannon, I've been thinking about you and praying for you.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  6:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Lovely to spend some time and sit on the porch with everyone today! We are all doing well here at the house, we did do something very un farmgirl ish, we took out the garden. We ended up wasting everything that grew because we didn't have time for it and I would like my children to run around back there instead of the unused overgrown space. :( here is the family picture this year. Loads of love to all my FG internet friends

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  8:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, WHAT.... you can crochet??? Well, you just slam-dunked me! That IS a craft dear girl... and a good one too. I can't even do THAT! hahaha
Emily, where ya been? That is a beautiful family portrait, girlie. Ca-ute kiddos!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  12:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Miss Emily and Family. What a Great Picture!!! Hey girl...if the Garden isn't working for you...
Garden Be Gone!!! It is much more important for the kids to have run and fun space. I agree with you 100%

Judy...here I thought all these years that you made those cute little beaded Safety Pins. ROFLOL I thought
WOW...even our uncrafty Judy found a simple craft she could do. Hee-Hee, Jokes on Me!!!
Well, this year I am not crafting anything either...but I did order something for each of you. Supposedly they
mailed it out yesterday...Better Late than never I guess. Must be coming by Mule Train. Good Grief...I could
have made you all something faster.

And Catherine...Judy is so right...If you can Crochet then YOU ARE A CRAFTER. I think handmade Dishcloths would
go lovely with Tea. LOL Hint-Hint! There are lots of free dishcloth patterns on line and I bet you could even
find one with a Tea cup, or Tea-pot or Tea-bag on it. You're set girlfriend!!

Well, hubby and I are still coughing, hacking, sputtering and fevering around here. I swear today was the longest
day in History. We looked at each other at 6:30 this Evening and Went, "What??? Shouldn't it be 9:00 or 10:00???
So, we watched some Antena TV for awhile and before we knew it we had missed the 11:00 News. I started knitting a
Red Infinity Scarf while watching the show "Hack". Anybody remember that Two Season Series???

Ok...off to read! I'm tired but I need some "ME" time.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  06:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Peggy...thank you for pointing out the truth to me. So, here it goes, Hello, my name is Catherine and I am a crafter. lol

After I posted that about making the dishrags, I actually thought about making some for the tea swap. Then I thought of making little coasters. Soooooo...hmmmmmm...I may or may not have started making some last night. And y'all might or might not get something cute in your tea package.

Emily, you have a beautiful family.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  10:55:33 AM  Show Profile
Peg, as soon as you said she could make dishrags(love that word, we call'em that too...*giggle*), I thought, or she could make mug-mats(great minds think alike heehee),like some girls have done in the past. oooo...how exciting! Yes I said 'exciting.' Remember gals...I don't craft. But, ya, they are smaller and lighter to mail too. weeee...it's a win-win for all of us! haha
Now Peg dearie, you are showing your age....are you for real?...I told you that I got those pins at Goodwill when I sent them. BUT, if you would like to think that you found a 'crafty' bone in my big toe...God Bless You! I would love to accept that as truth. We know better don't we? *giggle*
Are you gals ready for another giggle? I am turning 60 Feb. 2nd...ya-ya-ya- whatever. I don't feel it so it doesn't matter to me. Any-hoo...I'm having a period this week! You read it right. Nurse hubby thought maybe I was having a bladder infection, so he took a sample to work to test it for me. Nothing! Healthy as a horse! Soooo...is this just one last 'hormone-hooray' or what? I haven't had one since my 50's. I don't get it. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
Ok...Happy Blessed Son-day gals! Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  11:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Catherine...So, now you think you are needing Crafters Anonymous do YOU??? I laughed out loud...
that was C.U.T.E.!!!

Judy...I have a gal in my bible study who is turning 63 and still has sporadic periods. We laugh
and tease her that her Grand-daughters who are in grade school...might go through Menopause before
she does. So, no you aren't the only Hormonal Challenged Woman I Know. LOL

I can't believe you don't remember that I told you I LOST my mind a long time ago. I don't even
try to hide that fact any more. It is What it Is!!! And there is No Denying It!!! LOL

I have been "Up" more than I have been "Down" during the Night. I can't breathe when I lay down. I
guess I might have to nap in my Recliner today to make up for my NO Sleep Night. DH sounds worse
than I do...but he slept a bit better.

Well...off to do something...not sure what. I hope I can get the Seattle Seahawks game on later.
You would think that in our area (since it's our Team) that they would show the Play Off Games for Free
but heck no...they have to make that almighty buck in every Venue they can. It is so maddening.
It has almost caused hubby and I to sign back up for Comcast...but we are Loving not having that extra
$220.00 a month bill for Cable.

OK girlies...obviously hubs and I aren't making it to Church today. Our Church sent out an email yesterday
to be sure and wear your Seahawks Gear to Church Services today. LOL We really get into our Teams here.
Our Pastors wife is one of the Craziest Football Fans I know. She is like me...she is more a FAN than Pastor
John is. John just gets swept along with Michelle's Craziness. It is so FUNNY!!!

Later Gaters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  1:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Judy! I cracked up laughing at you having your 'visitor' tested by your hubby! What a hoot.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  4:38:02 PM  Show Profile
Pays to have a nurse in the family who has access to a clinic and lab I guess... one of the perks. hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  5:44:01 PM  Show Profile
About the crafting thing....I guess I need to give myself more credit than I did. I do have various skills. I've sewn for 30+ years everything from clothes, quilts, and wedding dresses. I crochet, knit, cross-stitch, and embroider. I paint acrylic and watercolor. I cook, bake, garden, milk my goats, etc... I'm actually pretty good at construction. I can frame a wall, sheetrock, tile, do plumbing, put on a roof, and work a tractor. The key here is that I do all that for myself and my family. I'm not that great at doing projects for other people.

I guess what I think I'm not good at is coming up with cute things to give people. I don't think I have a cute factor. I always second guess and think someone won't like it. I have received some of the most adorable post cards and quilt cards and little doo-dads from several farmgirls. We have some very creative gals around here. I don't think I make things that make people say, 'aw, how cute'.

I will take a deep breath and have more confidence in having cuteness.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  6:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Wow Catherine... you DO have a lot of talent. I told my Sister one time, I never was bitten by the crafting bug because, when I make something it had better be simple AND useful. I'm not one to have useless stuff sitting around(only at Christmas and it's called decorating.hahaha) But if it's sitting out somewhere it had better be useful for something. Ya know what I mean? I have talent in that I can draw with charcoals and I can garden, bake, cook, sew...but it's all useful doings 'cept for the charcoals and I haven't done that in years.
But as for crafting...nope...not for me I guess. I always enjoyed mending Patsy's kids clothes when they were little. I could mend the girls tights with my own hair so that you couldn't even see it. I had very long hair back then and read that it was great for mending hosier and tights. It was too! Very strong and invisible! She never had time for mending and I enjoyed the look on all their faces when clothes that they all thought were a gonner showed up like new. hahaha But again, all that stuff is 'useful'. Not crafty.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  9:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Catherine...Oh, yeah...you are not crafty at ALL!! What were you thinking girl????? You are
a Crack-up!!!

Judy...don't you feel badly for our poor Catherine??? I think when God was passing out talents
she must have stood in line twice but she thought it was the line for cookies and coffee. Hee-hee-Hee!

Love You Both...you are so FUN to TEASE!!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  08:10:16 AM  Show Profile
...maybe she could afford to scrape a little of her talent off her little toe and put it on my big toe and see if it takes hold! hahahaha I'd even settle for THAT!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  08:14:16 AM  Show Profile
OMG!!! Judy and Peggy, I'm sending y'all bitter weed instead of tea.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  10:42:02 AM  Show Profile
-Wow! I'm just catching up on this thread after missing several days. Judy, did you really mend with your own hair?!?!!! Wow! I never would have thought of that! I'm going to add that to my "textile" records. Genius and practical! I wonder how many of our ancestors did that?
-Hope you're feeling better, Peggy!
-Emily, beautiful family! I understand completely about the garden. We went several years without the veggie garden. (Just a few plants). We've supplemented with farmer's market. I hope to go back to the garden this year though. Mostly, to supply my kids.
-Catherine and Judy! You two were just joshing us about not doing crafts. Practical crafts and gifts are a wonderful thing!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  12:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Catherine...is bitter weed deadly???? ROFLOL I don't know why (probably because I am currently watching these
Murder Mysteries) but when I read what you wrote...I thought Hey, that would make a good episode for the
British Murder Mysteries of "Rose-Mary and Thyme". Don't you think Judy???? LOL

Geesh, we go from Tea Swap, Talents & Crafts, to solving the Death Of two Porchies killed by TEA? I like it!!!

So, Judith if Judy and I end up dead you call the British Producers and ask them to help you solve this TEA MYSTERY.
But, hey in all actuality you will solve it because you will know it was the TEA (but you will get a Cameo spot on
that one episode) and you can wrap up the entire mystery by sewing us up with Judie's Hair. *TADA!*
I see we will have a HIT on our hands!! LOL ~ OK...so, I told you I was sick! I have to amuse myself somehow.

In one of my Swaps a long time ago...somebody sent me a booklet on Crafting with Hair...and then like two weeks later
I saw this woman on Antiques Roadshow who had all the Hair Crafting Stuff in a huge Collection. I don't know why but
it really grossed me out. I passed on the Booklet to someone else (and they probably passed it on to someone else)LOL
In fact that is why I probably got it to start with. Ha Ha!! So, Judith you can probably google it and find out
Tons of info for your Tex-tiling what ever. Now I wish I had the book...I would have sent it to you.

OK...enough of my Silliness. Oh, I think I've given myself a head-ache and probably all the rest of you too.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  1:27:24 PM  Show Profile
So, where is everybody??? I feel like it's been a couple of us going back n forth on here for awhile now. Judith, good to see you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 19 2015 1:35:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  2:21:26 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to know how Shannon is feeling. Shannon, sweetie, I'm praying for your health and your baby.

Sabrina, are you still 'nesting' like a super woman?

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page