Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  10:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judy...Dave did a Great Job on the Stable!!! That is just way Awesome!!! Probably very much
like what they had back in those days, over 2,000 years ago. ~ Also, thanks for the Funnies
today in my email inbox! Passed them along for others to enjoy too! ~

Well, maybe you'll get snow yet! Nothing worse than cold weather without snow!!!

Hugs Girlie,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  10:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Just sticking my head out the door onto the porch to say Hi to everybody.

We got snow!! Doggies loved running around, sniffing, digging, & rolling in it. 4" in two days. Daughter loves it. I prefer sitting by the fire, knitting or quilting.

Hugs all around. See you later.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  10:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon everyone, this is the scene from my porch in Providence, Tennessee (southern part of the state). We are staying in although my husband has been out and says one can get around if being very careful to drive slow and attentive. My cats are all enjoying the indoors and warm places to sleep. Today I am catching up on my correspondence and computer work, slow cooking a pernil (Puerto Rican) pork roast to serve with beans and rice and salad for the Broncos game tomorrow. The house smells wonderful. Listening to music from the 60's and sipping constant comment tea.

I have so many things I can be doing,i.e.cleaning upstairs loft but I choose to let that go for awhile, I would rather take an hour and read the new book I started The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. I have just discovered this author and I love her books set in the low country of South Carolina.

We are very busy with our FCE women's club in our county. That would be Family Community Education club, many of you might be familiar with it when it was called the Home Demonstration club. We have several quilting projects and fund raising projects to plan for our County food bank and will be attending a Regional planning meeting in Murfreesboro on Tuesday. Hopefully, the roads will be safe for travel by then, just 60 miles one way.

Blessings to everyone and stay warm.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  12:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi PRPeggy, I have Pandora 'Frank Sinatra'station on and they just played 'Let's Get It On.' Did Barry White do that song?... anyone? I wasn't near the screen when it was on so I didn't see. I always think of that movie, 'Something's Gotta Give' where that song is on in the room where Diane Keetons daughter is with Jack Nicholson and Diane's friend is dancing in the kitchen to it and singing and Diane is freaking out thinking what IS her daughter doing in there with THAT MAN who is old enough to be her dad! hahahaha Good movie!
Anybody else see that movie? Anybody else remember a certain song from a movie that makes you reminisce when you hear it?
waaaaaaa....I want snow!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  12:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Marvin Gaye did that song. And yes, when I hear "In the Wee small Hours of the morning" another Sinatra song I think of Sleepless in Seattle and the Jimmy Durante tune, "Make Someone Happy".

Think I will watch that movie again just cause I love the sound track.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  12:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone - long time no see :) I've been in a bit of a funk and just lurking, but I guess I'd better post something before everyone forgets about me (giggle).

It's been a tough new year so far. Winter temps finally arrived - but no snow :( So, I've only got 12 of my 1000 miles ran so far. I don't have a treadmill so I have to run when the weather cooperates and single digits temps with below zero wind chills isn't cooperating. We can't find good hay for the cows so milk production is dropping (plus we've started drying some up for calving in March). The milk prices are falling, but hay prices aren't. We had to sell my favorite cow - udder injury. Instead of the $2000 we should have gotten from her we got $800. I guess the cattle markets are dropping too. My cat "little terd" that I bottle fed last winter died - not sure what happened. She came out from the barn for the evening milk but didn't drink. I figured she ate a mouse or bird and wasn't hungry. The next morning she was dead. Our skid loader is falling apart and is just plain worn out. Spent the morning trying to find parts and now hubby and his dad are putting it back together. Just seems like one thing after another. I hope things start going good here real soon. I told my husband this was going to be our year - we are finally going to find our farm and start getting all the things we've been working so hard to get. I guess it's just not going to happen in January :) Trying to see the positives in things though. We had a really pretty frozen frost the other morning. Looked like someone dumped glitter all over the trees and tractor.

Well, I need to get dishes washed before milking time. Please pray for things to go a little smoother for us. Thanks so much. Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  2:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! It's a balmy 38 degrees here today! Bikini weather LOL. Took the furkids out for their walk. We have Matt's company holiday party tonight. The large companies around here wait until January to have them because there are so few venues in town to have holiday parties at. I'm sure it's cheaper for them too as they don't have to pay holiday premium prices.

There's a trailer almost behind ours that's up for sale and Jordon's considering buying it! It would be so nice to have him close again. We're hoping to look at it for him before we leave tonight for the holiday party, if not then tomorrow. We just need to figure out how to get financing for him. I was looking at some of the pictures the owner had posted online and I might use some of the ideas on ours lol. They did wainscoting down the hallway and it looks so nice. They also did real bead board on some of the walls. It's been nicely redone so far. Kitchen is a bit dated but not horribly.

Heather - I saw this picture and thought of you LOL Have you made these for your calves? I can see where they'd be good so their ears don't freeze. I thought it was adorable though. Someone posted it on one of the FB crafting forums I'm on. Sorry to hear about the problems with your cows and losing your cat. Always rough.

Peggy - I have the Flex. I bought my Flex through Weight Watchers when they had a good deal on them. I wish I'd waited since prices have fallen around the holidays but it was a good deal at the time. I'm loving my bands though. They're like a watch band instead of that funky clasp thing they have on their bands. Makes it a lot easier to put it on.

Okay, I need to start getting ready for this event. Not going all out as everybody in this town shows up in jeans, cowboy boots and sweatshirts for the most part for any event including weddings. If I recall the room was really cold last too, like they hadn't bothered to turn on the heat. So I'm thinking jeans and a nice thick sweater :O) Have a great night!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  3:46:00 PM  Show Profile
That calf hat is soooo ca-uute!hahahaha Things people think of.
Heather, so, so, so sorry to hear of so many troubles. My heart did a flip-flop, feeling the weight on yours(an Ohio gal connection I 'spose):). I will surely Pray that God will open a door for you and that you will see that bit of light shining thru it and know what He's telling you! BIG(((Hugs&Squeezles)))girl!
PPeggy, I also like those Jimmy Durant songs. Mama and Daddy also were big Durante fans.I like how Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, both use those old songs in their movies.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  12:18:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
So sorry that your year has not started out very well. Will keep you in prayer for a better rest of the year! I am glad to see you here.

Tammy, that photo is so cute! I shared it on FB with my cousin. She has a farm in NY so thought she would enjoy it could find some for her girls!
She loved it. Thanks for sharing it here.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  08:15:14 AM  Show Profile
God Morning Ladies~
Feeling a bit better to check in this morning, I have had tummy issues all weekend, my son had it last week, this week me. Watch out hubby! My tummy is still a bit queasy so will not be doing too much today.

Tammy: I just love the ear covers you made for your calves, just too darn cute! You should enter them in your next county fair as you would surely win!

Heather: I too hope your year gets better, keeping your in my thoughts.

Bunny: I just love the Clothes you make, what an imagination and talent you have. I too wish I coukd wear them, but sadly I can not.

Peggy: A new week for us and our fit bit, I think I will not do well due to my tummy issues#128563;

Stay warm ladies and have a beautiful and blessed week.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Kathy...I can see your fur-babies Love the snow!!! My dog loves the snow too but we don't have any. He wants to know if he
can have a Doggie Play Date??? LOL

PPeggy...Beautiful view from your Porch! It seems like the mid to Eastern States got all the horrible
weather this winter this year. Mostly the East Coast areas, and NY and DC. The news have had some very
interesting weather pictures from those areas.

Heather...praying for you dear girl! Sounds like the Farming Business is not as glamorous as us farmgirl
wanna-be's think it would be. I know farmers here bail out of farming more and more every year. Which
is sad to see but if you can no longer make a living at it...what is the point? Keep your chin up and
just know you are being covered in prayers.

Prairie Tammy
...I love those ear warmers on that calf. What A great idea especially in these frigid
temps. But they look down-right Fashionable too. LOL That calf also looks like he/she could use a
matching blanket! ~ Hope Matt's Christmas Party in January was fun! ~ I did go on Amazon and checked
out what they had for My Fitbit Charger as far as bands go...nothing new like you described for your
Fitbit Flex but they have Bling for mine...if I wanted to dress the band up...say you were going out
for the Evening or Whatever. Right now...I like my deep Purple band but later I may get a piece of
bling or two...like one silver one gold.

Judy...some of those Old Songs are so classic and great to listen to. And I agree...I love them in a
Movie. Now you all have me wanting to watch "Sleepless In Seattle" and "You've Got Mail" again for
the billionth time.

Denise...what did your sister think of the Ear-Warmers for the Calves? Just curious if Farmers would
really use them or not. I think it looks fashionably cute and for a good purpose to boot.

Debbie...sorry to hear that you are sick! Hope you feel better soon. I had a terrible weekend too but mine was either I pushed myself too hard on the Walking while in Fibro Pain or it was just a forewarning of things to come weather wise. I am in less pain today but still above the norm even for a Fibro Girl. I had
extreme all over body pain and then on top of that All over Nerve Burn. It is like somebody takes all your
nerve endings and sets them on fire. Sat. I went out a bit with my son and Elijah shopping and then came
home got in my PJ's and stayed there the rest of the weekend.

Hey My Porch Tea Swappers...your packages are going out later today or early tomorrow. So, give them a
few day and start checking your mail boxes. You girls who got all the nasty weather over the weekend...
and the last few weeks...your pkgs could be delayed because of the Postal Trucks, Planes, and Auto
Mobiles. So, don't freak if it takes you longer to get them than the Norm. I have a friend who sent me a
pkg last Tuesday and I still haven't seen it...she is freaking out...and I think it is just stuck in
a Snow-bank somewhere.

OK...I'm off to walk the dog...then go walking at the Fitness Center and then prepare my Bible Study
at Barnes and Noble Cafe. My Home Away from Home!

More later...Stay Warm...and Read a Good Book or Cook something Yummy!

Hugs,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 25 2016 12:42:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Peggy~ My cousin thought they were cute. Not sure she'd really use them though.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I can't tell you how much better it makes me feel just knowing you're all rooting for me. Still not sure how everything's going to work out, but at least I feel a bit better :)

Peggy - looking forward receiving your tea package. There's no snow here so hopefully it'll have an uneventful trip. What a difference a year makes - last year we had about 60 inches of snow by now. This year we've had almost 4. I think we're supposed to be getting up to 50 early next week! Crazy weather.

Tammy - what a crafty idea! Is there a pattern for those ear warmers? I'm not on FB. Last year I could have used a couple pair of those.

Sure is quite on the porch. Hope everyone is out having fun. I'm going to drink some tea and enjoy the quite for a little bit :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I'm glad that we could be here for you and lifting you in prayer. It will all work out even if you don't see how yet.

I noticed it has been a bit quiet here too.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  06:43:46 AM  Show Profile
Well, Girls I got on here last night and posted...but my computer gave me FITS and didn't post
and completely shut me down. So...I decided that going to sleep would be the smarter thing to
do...rather than smashing my laptop into a trillion pieces. LOL This Old girl has become a
dinosaur (No...Not Me my computer) but I can't replace her...so together we must struggle along.

Heather...everyone should start getting their Tea Pkges very soon. Hope You All Enjoy Them!
You know you can count on us to support you with love and prayers. There is something very warm
and comforting just knowing that God has our back and our Sisters are keeping us prayed-up. When
I know people are praying for me...I feel the soothing peace of that knowledge...even IF nothing
changes in my circumstances at the moment. Prayer changes Me...with Sweet Grace and abundant Peace.

Denise...It is r.e.a.l.l.y. Quiet on The Porch! Hope people are off doing some fun things and not
all depressed because of the Weather. Hasn't this been the weirdest Weather this Winter??? We
have gotten over 72 inches of rain in December and January alone. That is more than we normally getf
in an entire year! I swear we are all going to grow webbed feet.

OK, My Porchies...Have an Awesome Weekend!!! Hope the Super Bowl is a good one on Sunday! I'm
cheering for the Broncos! Woot Woot Woot!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  10:22:06 AM  Show Profile
My tea package arrived today :) What a wonderful package you put together Peggy - Love it!!! When I saw the tea I said "Oh that sounds good" out loud and hubby said "What does?" When I told him it says stress relieving and magical on it, he told me "I don't think they can make that one strong enough!" LOL! Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. It sounds like our skid loader. Old and worn out, but we keep struggling along :) I'm so out of the football loop I didn't even realize the super bowl was this weekend!!!

Thanks again Denise and Peggy. I couldn't have said it any better myself Peggy - nothing has changed but I sure do feel your prayers. You're all such a great group of sisters.

Well, I need to get back to crocheting a pair of slippers. We might get our last Christmas in this weekend so I need to have them finished. Have a great weekend everyone. Hugs to all.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  4:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I got my tea package today. Thank you! First thing I saw were those cute little girls having tea on the sticker and said, "Awwww... reminds me of my sis and I playing house when we were little." So sweet a memory for me. *giggle* Really enjoyed your tucks! Thanks again!
Love ya girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  7:24:05 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Heather glad you got your Tea pkgs! I thought everyone could use the Stress reliever tea. I know
I could! LOL

Oh, and I got too excited about the Super Bowl...it isn't until next weekend. Well, a girl can dream
right?

Prayer Request...found out today that one of the gals in my Bible Study Group got up in the middle of
the night, last night feeling sick and vomiting and God said to her in that still small voice, "Kim,
you have a mass on your abdomen...you need to go to the Hospital Now!" So, she did! And it turns out
she has two masses and that they are going to remove them at 10:00 Monday Morning/complete Hysterectomy along with 3 lymph nodes. And they will check her colon, breasts and lungs to make sure nothing has spread in those areas too.
She has no family here but our Bible Study Group...so please keep her in prayer. Her name is Kim Varnal.
I went up to the Hospital to see her and pray with her today and she was in Total Peace! And she is a
gal who has high anxiety issues...so her peace was from God. She told me, I know this is going to be
serious but I am at peace about it. And when I held her hand to pray with her...she was totally calm and
relaxed and in good spirits. That is Huge!!!! But, I too think she will have a long ordeal to go
through...but only God knows for sure.

Hugs and Thanks,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 29 2016 8:17:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Peggy I will keep your friend in my thoughts and heart! How blessed you all are to have one another and she has you and the "gals" from your Bible Study group.

Did y'all do a tea swap? As everyone is talking about getting their tea packages! Just wondering!

Oh Peggy thank you for rooting for my Broncos! They have to win next weekend for my man Payton!.

Nite nite!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 29 2016 7:58:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  4:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals,

Got my tea package yesterday too. LOVE the stickers package! The garden boots remind me of some Judy gave me last year. Thanks for everything..you are right..tucks are "icing on the cake". hugs

Since it stayed 60s yesterday and today, I got the ol' wringer washer going and did my laundry and hung it on the lines. Man, oh man..nothing like that smell in a bottle. So what didn't get dry yesterday did today.Got sweeping done. Took area rug outside and hung it up to air.

Put the tree in storage. House looks bare. Still burning candles in the windows at night. Looks peaceful.

Is it Spring yet? Love, hugs and prayers..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  4:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I will put Kim on my prayer list. So glad God is giving her the 'peace that passes all understanding'. So glad you can be there for her and we can be here agreeing in prayer with you and for her.

You did have me a little worried about the Superbowl being tomorrow. Lol. We are celebrating 3 birthdays and I was afraid we would get sidetracked from the celebration! I know we would lose half the party if it had been tomorrow.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 30 2016 4:59:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  5:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I received your tea pkg today! The whole thing was just very sweet! I loved those stickers on the envelope and note! Those little girls reminded me of my ggrands. So cute! We are going on a road trip to around St. Clair, MI on Monday to visit our grand daughter and gg baby girl. I will take the teas with me as we are moteling it for about 2 weeks. You know I have to google the Tulsi tea! The stickers are just adorable! Thank you, so much! Just made my day!

I will pray for your friend Kim! She has a wonderful friend in you and your study group! God's gifts are wonderful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  6:24:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porch Buds...glad everyone is getting their Tea Pkgs! And glad you liked the Tucks too.

Thank you for your prayers for my friend Kim...she really can use them. I'm glad to say that her
parents are flying in for her surgery (her mom and step-dad). That means so much to have your
family near during a crisis of this magnitude. Right now she is just bored...laying in a bed waiting
until Monday. I was off all day with my son and grand-son but I told her that I would bring her
a coloring book and pencils tomorrow!!! She liked that Idea!!! She said she did her Bible Study Lesson
for this week (even though we both know she won't make it to study)...it gave her something to do.
And one of her Church Friends spent a couple of hours with her today telling her funny stories and
making her laugh. That is always great medicine!!!

Well, hubby and I are headed up to our Fitness Club to walk. More Later!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 31 2016 09:26:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  12:51:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Been sorta MIA lately, dealing with being in a funk, not to mention dealing with a sick house. My two yo Aly had a really high fever with "eye pain" the beginning of the week... Now it is my 12 yo, 4 yo, and myself. The eye pain is a really bad headache in the forehead area and behind our eyes! My meds have kicked in again, so I can see clearly enough to respond again :) My hubby made it home late Friday night! There's is something uplifting having him home! Emi is going to need to eat in a few minutes, so I am not going to be on here long, but wanted to post, nonetheless.

Peggy - I too received my tea swap. Thank you so much! I have not indulged in a cup of your tea yet, but have all intentions to do so later today! I am praying for your friend Kim as well! For God to send her to the hospital in His small (yet loud and clear!) voice, I must believe that He will see her through! Looking forward to hearing the testimony of how He works through her surgery and life!

Heather - lifting you up in prayers! I understand trudging through a rough year, though for different reasons! 2016 will be a blessed year! Clinging to that hope for us both!

Debbie - you asked about the tea swap. Towards the end of the year, Peggy sets up the new year, allowing 12 people to sign up for a tea swap for the year... One for each month. It is a lot of fun! Perhaps you might be interested next year in joining!

Love the pictures that have been shared - both the snow pictures and the calf with the hat! My kids thought it made him look like a pig ;)

Well there is Emi wanting to eat... Night all!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  05:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone~

I have also not been around for a few days, a lot of busy work to do and just not enough time in a day really!

Shannon: I am sorry you and your family have been sick, definitely something going around. Thanks for telling me about the tea swap I will wait until next year.

Peggy: What a great idea getting your friend Kim a Color Book and crayons,it will surely keep her mind busy and help to pass some time so she is not so bored. Continued prayers and good thoughts for her.

Denise: You are right Peggy had me second guessing if the super bowl was this weekend too. But, it is the pro bowl

Well, like other gals around then country we are finally getting our snow, we are covered right now,it is so beautiful, I love dawn but no sun this morning. Now instead of the promised foot they are telling us 2-3 Feet that is how bad this weather sYstem is.

Today I will iron and watch my favorite movie Dirty Dancing! It is the only movie I will iron to, I just love it!

Ladies stay warm and if you are getting snow enjoy it! I truly do love being snowed in and nesting.

I have a blazing fire in the wood stove so life is good!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 31 2016 05:54:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page