Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  1:05:20 PM  Show Profile
That cake looks scrumptious! Thank goodness it is calorie free! I desperately need to lose weight... need to get my bum moving! Anyways, since everything is calorie free on the porch, I brought a pint of Ben and Jerry's... that is, a pint for each person ;) Might as well take advantage of it while I can. Me - I'm having Half Baked. Mmmm mmmmm! I brought some balloons too, to decorate the porch :)

Well we are in the upper 70s here today. If my AC actually worked, I think I would have been tempted to turn it on. Weird crazy weather for sure!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you gal-pals for all the well wishes!!! You are the BESTEST! We went to Olive garden for lunch and to the grocery store to get my cake... lemon cake with lemon cream icing. YUM-MEEEE! No... not that 'gag me' strong lemon flavor. Think 'floating on a lemon chiffon cloud' type icing. niiiice! And since I couldn't make up my mind between lemon or cherry...I also got some cherry cupcakes. Yaaaaa...the diet starts next week AFTER all the goodies are gone. hahahahahahaha
Thank you Peg for your scrumdillyisious cake

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:18:56 PM  Show Profile
....ok...wasn't done... bumped send button during my 'sugar-shakes.' Hahahahaha
Here's a pic of my cake. It was $6.00 cheaper to buy it undecorated and ask them to just write on it. WOW!
That's just nuts!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
And.... sitting on cedar chest hogging goodies....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:27:54 PM  Show Profile
All in all a Very 'full-feeling' Birthday!* burp*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  8:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I got the candles...the kind that are "number" candles..teehee
Won't have to call the fire dept now.

Was a 60 plus day here too with breezes. Watched a flock of robins in my yard and heard peepers today!
Got a pic of daffodils blooming too..can't believe it, can you?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  05:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Thought I'd dash in for a quick hello before training starts this morning.

Sabrina - Hope your trip back isn't too stressful. Sorry about your grandfather though. At least you got to come back to see him.

Judy - Happy Birthday!!!! Beautiful cake too.

I can't believe we're on week 3 of training already. Constant technical issues are driving some of us crazy but they just shrug it off. Next week should be interesting as Matt's been assigned to a special work program so he'll be working 8am-8:00pm (or later) next week. He normally works 4:20pm - 2:50am. I won't see much of him since I have 16 hours at W*lmart next week so I'll be gone most nights when he gets home. Won't have to cook much though lol.

I don't know how I found this book but it's great so far. The Vintage Housekeeper's Circle by Alison May. I downloaded a sample to see if I'd be interested and went back and bought the book I liked it so much. It's Kindle only and only cost $2.99 or free with Kindle Unlimited. She has several books on Amazon but also has more on her website. Took me a while to find her website http://www.brocantehome.net/ as she's changed servers several times apparently. I found her on FB too under Brocante Home. I plan to buy a couple more of her books after payday and I need to check out her website more.

Okay, off to training. Hope everybody has a great day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:12:05 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to mention another really great book I found. The Made-from-Scratch Life: Simple Ways to Create a Natural Home by Melissa K. Norris. This book was just released 2/3/16. I think you can still get the bonuses if you order now that she includes. There's a link you fill in with your order # and she sends you the download link for several additional books. melissaknorris.com is her website. She also has a podcast that I need to check out.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies from snowy Nebraska,
We are on snow day number two. Yesterday was awful. We did get a blizzard. IN the end we have 16 inches of snow and drifts 4 or 5 feet high from the wind. Today it is sunny but most roads are still snowpacked and closed.. so no school for day two. Yesterday I slept in, stayed in my pjs all day, read a whole book and drank tea. It was just what I needed. Today I am doing a bit of laundry but intend to slow down for day two.

Happy birthday Judy. Love your bench and the cake looks delicious. Olive Garden is my favorite restraurant. You are such a blessing to us on the porch.

Well just wanted to check in for a few minutes. Thanks for the prayers ladies. Means a lot to this butterfly lady.

love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  09:43:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a busy few weeks. Went to VT and brought my Mom back here to PA to stay with me until Spring. She does much better down here through the winter months where she doesn't have to worry about getting around in the ice and snow with no help.

Peggy - I received my tea package and tucks - can't wait to try the teas. Thank you so much!

Judy - Happy Belated Birthday. Love the Lane chest. Here's a hint if you don't already know. Take some very fine (maybe 1000 grit) sandpaper and lightly go over the entire inside. It will make it smell yummy and also help with moths, etc. if you store clothing in it. I have one that I received when I graduated from high school also, and still love it.

Sabrina - hope you finally made it home. What an ordeal for you, especially with the kids along too!

Everyone else - praying for you and thinking about you.

Not much else new here - I'm still looking for a job and fighting with Obamacare and Medicaid. One says I don't have enough income to be eligible and the other says I have too much. But, they're going to penalize me if I don't have insurance - go figure, huh???

Take care all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! Thanks for the tip Luanne. I didn't know about sanding it. We were at Lowe's today and bought some thin sheets of cedar plank to cut to size and put on the bottom of the chest, kind of a floor re-do. That should smell wonderful. But I'm still going to sand it. Thanks again.
Well this was another 60's day. Left my coat in the car while we shopped. Now TOMORROW will be another matter. We are only going to be in the mid 30's. That's Ohio for ya. Poor Heather's cows. They won't know what's happening. Yo-yo temps have to be hard on livestock.
Well, off to read. I got a book called 'Bitter Harvest' that's a real page turner. A mystery by Sheila Connolly.The Orchard Mysteries. There's recipes in the back too. A real plus!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  12:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Judy...Love the pictures of you with your cakes! No fair licking the cupcakes...you just did that so
you don't have to share didn't you???? We got your number girl! LOL Oh, your cedar chest is really
going to smell good isn't it??? ~ You have daffodils blooming already? Oh, I am so jealous!!! I want
Spring to be here...NOW! So, tired of the rain...but they are saying starting Saturday 5 days of no
rain and 60 degrees. I hope the weather man gets it right this time! Ha Ha!

Patsy...I'm so glad you got those number candles...your probably saved The Porch from catching on fire!

Prairie Tammy...How long is this bloomen Training going to go on?? Poor Girl! I think I would have a
good book right next to me the whole time! I checked out that gals blog site. Pretty interesting! I signed up for her notifications then changed my mind...I need one more person to follow like a hole in my head!
You are young and energetic and I'm old and worn-out. Just trying to walk everyday and eat more healthy is about killing me off. I will either die trying or accomplish my goal in about November. LOL

Luanne...I bet your mom appreciates you having her stay with you during the winter months! You are a
good daughter. I could never do that with my mom...my husband would probably have to bury us both...because we would have killed each other after a week. Sad but True! We are doing better though...
I will admit...but lets not test the waters! LOL Isn't Insurance just the pits! It is almost enough to drive you to the brink of insanity. But you can't afford that either...so just don't!!!

Teacher Tammy...2 Snow Days, God is smiling down on you!!! Giving you just what you needed...Pajama days
with a good book!!! Now, that is the life! Hope you get another one tomorrow!...that will give you time
to fluff up those wings a little and put your Tiara back in place...so you can face those butterflies
again!

Judy...I'm going to check out that book you mentioned! Always looking for another good read!!!

Well, My Porchies Good Night and Sleep Tight and Don't Feed your Night Mares!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  06:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! More technical difficulties again (sigh).

Peggy - training is scheduled for 6 weeks and yes I keep a book or websites I want to read open during the boring times. I've also worked on my knitting too lol Finished one sock last night while watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix. One of the other gals asked me if I was working on anything as she'd been working on her crochet during training. How the next couple weeks go is going to be interesting as she's starting another group training Monday. We're not done yet with training so how she's going to manage 2 groups is beyond me. We shall see. She also has this bad habit of trying to teach us new stuff at the end of the day when our brains are shutting down. The training has really reduced my being able to walk too. Since she only allows 30 minutes for lunch I don't have time to take the dogs out for their afternoon walk. There are several days that I'm close to my 10000 steps and if I'd gotten to take my afternoon walk in I'd have reached my 10000 steps.

I got your tea packet! Forgot to mention it yesterday. Love the teas and tucks!

I signed up for the Brocande newsletter and registered yesterday for the Rose membership. I downloaded and printed the Winter book and read it last night. It's not about keeping up, she's about doing what needs done and making your home feel cozy as well as taking care of yourself. She has recipes for room fresheners and homemade cleaners and all sorts of ideas. I've never kept a journal but might try using her journal question ideas. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. I'm young? LOL I'm 50. I'd never follow her if she was another Flylady or anything like that.

Judy - I've read several books in that series. I think I picked up the first one when we flew out here to ND to check it out the first time for something to read on the flight back

Tammy - I'm jealous! We've had a sad winter again this year. We seriously need some snow or I'm sure we're going to be in drought conditions this summer.

Well back to training (sigh).

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Ok, I thought you were still in your 40's...so you aren't as young as I thought you
were but you are Not old either!!! Enjoy your 50's girl! The years start flying by before you
know it. Anyway, I really did think her Blog and Facebook sites were great! But just trying to
maintain my health is my major focus for this year. At age 64 I find that doing the 10,000 steps a
day is darn hard! But I am giving it all I've got to try to be healthy enough to enjoy my
Grand Kids for as Long as I can. If it doesn't stop raining here soon...I may have to build an
Ark just to get my walking in. I could walk inside the Ark and feed the Animals. LOL I seem to
get between 7,000 to 9,000 steps in a day consistently...and have only hit the 10,000 steps once
and that was Monday or Tuesday this week. But I do find the Fitbit really motivates me. ~ Geesh this
Training you are doing seems like a major endeavor. I would be so bored just sitting there for 8
hours. I like jobs where you are always moving, doing, and have variety in your day. Good for you
and others for having knitting or crocheting or books or something by your side to do. How many more weeks do you have to do the training and do you get a pay raise after they train you on this new stuff? I
think Walmart would be looking better and better to me. LOL Hang in there girl!!! Hopefully it will be
worth it in the end!

I have only had 2 1/2 hours of sleep...as I read real late and then hubby woke me up coughing. He hasn't been to bed at all. This always makes for a really messed up day...when we have nights like this. I have
to teach Bible Study tonight so, will probably have to nap all afternoon in order to do that. And he will probably sleep all day. I can see me going to the Fitness Center by myself today. I take Sundays off from
walking so I don't want to miss any other day during the week. I know they want you to walk 7 days a week
but I think everyone needs a day of rest. If the weather is nice I still take the dog for a mile walk
on Sunday but I don't go to the Fitness Center. ~ Glad you got your teas and tucks!

More later my Porchies.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 04 2016 08:28:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  08:42:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning my dear Porches :) It is an absolutely beautiful rainy morning :) I woke up in a really cranky mood, but have since decided to thank God for the blessing of this day and be joyful for it all :) Emi is lying in the floor playing with her toys, Ben and Aly are playing with the Star Wars Peg People we made Lee for Christmas, and the others are working quietly on their school. The pitter patter of the rain can be heard throughout the house, as it is coming down steadily (our backyard is flooded again!), and we can hear the toads croaking under the windows (they have holes up against the foundation!). The whirl of the washing machine reminds me of the blessing that we shall soon have more clean clothes. Shrimp are out of the freezer thawing for dinner tonight, so we are blessed to have food. All in all, life is good!

Judy - your pictures of the cake, cupcakes, and you eating them are absolutely priceless! I honestly laughed out loud when I saw them! Did they taste as good as they looked? My sister, brother in law, her mother in law, and her three children (ages 19, almost 18, and almost 14) will be stopping by tomorrow - oh and her step-son (in his 20s)... I'm not sure how I am going to entertain them all with no tv, and only young children (my oldest is 12), but I think I may bake something for dessert for when they are here. Your hope chest is gorgeous! I have always wanted one, and am determined that my daughters will have one!!!

Sabrina - did you make it back alright? oh the jet lag you guys must experience!!!

PGTammy - wowsers! I agree with Peggy - that is some long training!

Peggy - After you build your Ark, do you think you could float here and pick us up? We are getting a little stir crazy!

TLTammy - What an answer to prayer!!!! So glad the snow hit and you have had some days of rest <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Judy! And yes, our cows don't know what to do. We had the barn fans on and I milked in jeans and a sweatshirt (crazy for this time of year!!) and today we're windy with little bitty snowflakes falling. Luckily they're staying healthy though.

Sorry so short, but I'm 10 minutes late to milking. The girls are going to be waiting by the gate. Yup, they know what time it is without a watch :) Praying for all of you.
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  4:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Judy - love love love your pics!! Thank you for sharing your special day with us :)

Shannon - I love your positive enthusiasm :) Your toads kinda made me laugh...Levi (7-year old son) is reading "Frog and Toad All Year" for school right now to me every day, and I just think how fun it would be for him to hear those toads! haha!

I'm happy to hear, Heather, that your cows are all healthy!

Sabrina - I am too, wondering if you made it back safely, and how all the kids did on the plane for you.

Tammy - I'm excited to research behind the book at Brocantehome! I am familiar with Melissa Norris, so I'm looking forward to exploring some new books.

Last night I went to Bible Study - which I probably shouldn't have. I have to drive about 35 minutes to get there, and it was snowing. I had driven into the city earlier that day, and it was snowing a bit on the trip home, but nothing major, so I thought I would be fine. I left home and about 2 minutes in I thought - I should just turn around. But I didn't because I really really wanted to go. So, I kept going. I did get to church safely...and by the end of Bible Study, it had stopped snowing. But I'm telling you...what horrid weather on the way home! I prayed all the way home, and am so thankful I made it! The snow was so so deep - the wind was gusting, and a couple of times I slipped, even though I was going super slow. I won't be doing that again :) When I woke up this morning - the majority of the snow melted!! It's so funny here this year - it's quite warm, and we typically have a lot more snow by now. We are expecting about 20cm tomorrow. I'm hoping for a nice storm so I can just stay storm-stayed at home :) Today was a lovely day - school with the kids, reporting for the term-end (yay - all done!) and then lastly going out with the family on some errands. We visited our new library it is CUUUTE!! I love it! They have a gas fireplace with comfy chairs...I can hardly wait to attend some events/activities there with the kids. So personal - only one lady working there, it's small but just perfect! A beautiful tiny-town library. Then we went into the capital of our province - which is only 20 minutes away...but really, considering the whole entire province is less than a 2 1/2 hours drive North to South and 15-30 minutes East to West, it's not that special we live so close to the capital. It's also quite tiny of a city considering what a typical capital is. We like it though! I went to a specialty children's toy/game store in hopes of finding some educational games. They were very very expensive, so I opted to only buy one and I went home and buy 8 games on Amazon and saved myself $45! I'm implementing in our new schedule Mommy-Me Time that is Educational. So, the list so far is educational games, puzzles, science experiments (any tips/books/advice here?) and reading out loud by mom. I'd love it if any of you have any other ideas!

I gotta go check out Brocantehome now :) Have a good night, porchies! You are all in my prayers.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  08:00:10 AM  Show Profile
We made it home!!!

What a whirlwind trip. My granddad had gone into the hospital right around Christmas but I thought he was getting better then I get a call that he is on hospice. So I spent the next day preparing to leave (and finding subs for all my volunteer things) and we flew out on Wednesday. My husband was given leave for a week so he had to leave Texas to fly back the following Monday-right after the huge snow storm on the east coast. Luckily he didn't have any issues getting out. I then went and stayed on my parent's farm for the next week. On Tuesday right after I had seen him my grandfather passed away-then on Wednesday morning we lost my great-uncle (who I happened to see when I was traveling through Dallas that monday). I'm so glad I made the trip and got to spend time with my grandfather. He had a really good day the first day I was there-it was such a blessing. Him and my grandmother were really glad I came and he got to meed Daniel.

I'm still a bit in shock I think-or maybe denial. I was very close with him and thought he would be around for many more years. I just can't imagine life without him. I'm sure it will hit me hard when I stop spinning from this trip. And then to loose my uncle right away as well, unfortunately I had to leave before his service. My mom was really close with her uncle and we just all couldn't believe we would loose these two great men so close together.

So now the rundown on our crazy trip home:

We had Southwest tickets to get us to BWI on Monday. Space-A flights out of BWI to Ramstein are generally on Sun, Mon and Tues (I can say that since it is on their FB page!). These are passenger planes but all for military and cost less than $20/person flying out of there. We flew Space-A in and had no problem. So anyway I get there and it was CRAZY busy. Space-A means you are basically on standby. People who are moving or otherwise have official orders have tickets for the plane, space-a passengers have to wait to see if there are any available seats and are then listed by category and date they signed up for the order they get a seat. Well there were 177 people waiting for seats and they only released 35 seats!! So LOTS of people got turned away. That night my mom had flown to BWI with me to help with the kids. We went to the hotel but mom had to fly back before we ever got up. BTW the "roll call" for the flight didn't start until 8:30pm and then continued once they got everyone checked in-it was almost 1am when we got to the hotel. So Tuesday the roll call wasn't until 11pm. Luckily the hotel was great and gave us a really late checkout. We slept in, found lunch and then went back to the airport around 4. Now part of space-a is you have to be ready to fly, meaning check out of the hotel, have all your bags, don't have a car rental to return etc when they call you. So we were all loaded up and checked out and at the airport. We found a small play area for the kids and after a couple hours I fed them supper. Luckily the USO there lets you store your luggage so I didn't have to haul it all around. There were less people waiting Tuseday but only about 8 of 40 or so made it.

Back to the hotel we went, didn't get settled in until after 2am.

So that was the last flight out of BWI until Sunday but I found out there was a flight the next evening (Wed) out of Andrews AFB-which was only about 40 miles away. Another girl who was traveling with her kids and I had been hanging out and were trying to figure out how to get there. A friend who lives about an hour from BWI offered to come get me and drive me down there (yay-she is awesome!!) and the other girl rented a car. Got there around 2:30 I think the roll call was at 6 (yay for not being in the middle of the night!). Also, Andrews had a GREAT kid/family area right there where they call you for the flight so we just let the kids loose and hung out there. We made that flight!! But the interesting thing-it was not a passenger plane. It was an air force cargo plane! So we had the seats along the walls with their equipment down the middle. However it ended up being a pretty nice flight except for being really loud. The kids didn't sleep a lot but they slept some and were able to spread out on the floor to sleep!

We are home now and glad although trying to overcome jet lag. Most of the kids slept till 2pm!! Dan woke up at 9ish and then napped for almost three hours around 11:30. Sydney woke up around 10, ate then went right back to bed. I woke them up at 2 in hopes they will go to bed at a decent time and they are all still exhausted.

I haven't done anything today (on purpose) but I have to get recovered to jump back into life starting Sunday when I need to teach children's church. An issue has come up with CC that I have to get worked out this week. I have TONS of emails to catch up on and my blog needs some attention since I haven't done anything on it in the last few weeks. So can't take too much time to recover. I also have a blanket to make Daniel for his B-day, thought I had plenty of time and now I'm down to just over 2 weeks!! Luckily he won't notice if it isn't done!

So that is the rundown of the crazy last two weeks for me!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
The February tea packages went out today. You all should have them by Monday 2/8.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  10:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Morning My Porchies...

I just got rudely woken up by the Yard Maintenance Crew blowing leaves outside my bedroom
window. I read late again last night thinking...no biggy I can sleep in late Friday Morning!
Yeah, right! Glad I have nothing pressing on my schedule today!

Sabrina...Oh, my Goodness girl...all I can say is you Should get Sainthood or something after
all that ordeal. BUT I am so glad that you got to see both your Grandfather and your great uncle
before they passed away. A definite blessing from God...how He orchestrated all that for you.
And yes, to lose them both so close together is so sad. Your year is starting out like ours did
last year. Four deaths was a bit over the top for us...but God got us through it all. Bless His
Holy Name. This year I do not want to go there again. I bet you ALL had terrible Jet Lag for awhile.
I can only imagine that it will take you about a week to feel like you are recouped. Just glad that
you finally made it home!!!

Linda...thanks for letting us know that the Tea Pkgs went out...yay, something fun to look forward
to in our mailboxes! Remember girls that when it is your month...you have the entire month to send
out your pkgs. There is no set time...just when ever you can get them out in that month...so no one
feels either physical pressure or financial pressure...you just work it out for when it is BEST for
you in that month.

Joyce...your trip into Bible Study sounded like quite the ordeal!!! Been there done that myself once.
Only when I got all the way in to Town for the Study there was a Note on the Church door that the
Study had been canceled that night because of the the bad snowy weather...so, I made an hour round
trip for nothing in treacherous road conditions. ~ Your New Library sounds like a cute and cozy place
to go. You had me at the point that it has a Fireplace and with all those books...I would probably
pack a thermos of coffee, a sandwhich and go for the day. LOL They would have to kicked me out when
they closed the doors that night. LOL Sounds Heavenly! We have a fairly new Main Library here in
Vancouver that has a coffee cart where you can buy a coffee but the Library itself is cold and
sterile looking. I have only gone to it twice...and it just doesn't do it for me. It has great views
from all the windows and it does have several outside decks you can go out on but that is the only
good features of it.

Heather...isn't the weather just Strange this year??? It seems like nobody is getting what they
would "NORMALLY" expect for Winter Weather in their area. Right now it is not raining and we are
suppose to get warm and sunny weather for the next 5 days. I am praying they are right...because
we are beginning to grow webbed-feet here.

Shannon...I can't get the Ark built for all of the Rain! At least Noah had 110 years of dry weather
before he and his sons had that Ark built. So, if I ever get it finished I'll float on over and
pick you all up for the boat ride of your lives! LOL Talk about a group of people that TRUSTED GOD!
That would be Noah and his Sons. Who else would build a boat when they had never ever seen rain
before but somebody with no Trust Issues. If only we could ALL trust like that!!

Well, my Bible Study went very well last night. A Great night with lots of good discussion. Then
we watched The Video that goes with next weeks lessons and boy Beth Moore came right out of
left field and caught us off guard. The entire video was on "Sex" and sexual sin. My youngest gal
is 18 and my oldest is 74...and I'm not sure which one looked more uncomfortable with the topic.
But seriously in this day and age it is a good subject matter not to shy away from. And God is
all about good sex and safe sex. It was his idea and he has a lot of good advice on the subject.
I had just forgotten that 1 Thess. 4 addressed that issue so I was a little taken aback last night.
But I will be teaching it for the next several weeks. In Bible College I taught a Coarse on
Sex within the confines of Marriage and then when my husband and I did Church Counseling we found
out how much sex is going on outside the confines of Marriage even in the Church. So, it is an
Important Subject to teach on. Not my favorite however...because I hate watching people squirm while
I teach. So, if you think about it say a few prayers for me.

OK...girls, have a Great Weekend! And here is a Good Question for you for this Weekend:
What do YOU do on Super Bowl Sunday? I like to know how many women are Football Fans and watch
with their husbands or if you are a Superbowl Shopper...who leaves hubby at home while you
go to The Mall!

I will start! I am a Football Fan! I love Sports and Football is one of my Favorite! So, I will
be watching the Game not shopping. We are going over to my Sons for A Super Bowl Party...just
the Families no outside guests. So...I will get both Grandmama time and the fun of watching the
Game. Since my Seahawks didn't make it this year...I am rooting for the Bronco's and my hubby
is rooting for the Panthers. At least that way...somebody will be Happy at the End of the Game! LOL

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 05 2016 11:04:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  12:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - Just turned 50 in November so you weren't far off.

I agree, trying to get those 10,000 steps a day can be difficult. Some days I barely get 3000. I typically average I think 7000-8000 steps a day though.

No pay raise after I finish training unfortunately, I'll just still have a job. Talked to someone from the office here in town last night at work and she was saying it's pretty bleak in the office. They're way overstaffed and now they're trying to push people into another new contract they won. So maybe it's for the best I ended up where I am but I agree with you that Walmart does look really good some days lol

As for your Superbowl question - I can't stand football although I'm sure the man will be watching it so I'll putter around working on crafts or reading. I might make some tasty snacks for us though and maybe make a homemade pizza.

Joyce - glad you liked my recent books and websites. I just got my paperback copy of Melissa K Norris's book. In the bundle special she had she had a digital version I'd been reading. I also received another book I ordered on the same line called Little House Living by Merissa Alink. I plan to do some reading this weekend!LOL

Your new library sounds divine! I miss not having a fireplace. I have yet to visit ours here in town since we moved here. Need to take care of that soon. They're trying to get funding to build a new one. I know the little town I lived in Maine had a tiny library but it was so warm and inviting.

Sabrina - glad you made it back safely. Hectic trip to be sure. Take a day or two to calm and get balanced before rushing back into everything would be my suggestion.

Here's a pic of Lacey and Looney this morning. Lace was giving me the martyr look. Looney had her feet stretched out all over poor Lace but of course she moved as I took the pic.

I did look at some more of the Brocantehome website and books. There's a bit for all types. She does have a 365 day planner which gives daily cleaning but then she has other books that appear to be more about making your home warm and inviting as well as taking care of yourself. Lots of good reading. I need to get some more black ink so I can print off her books.

Okay, I guess I should actually pay attention to this training. I'm going crazy with boredom.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  3:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, don't worry I'm not putting any pressure on myself this weekend, just what I feel like doing. Sunday J do have children's church but the materials are all ready prepared I just have to show up. We do have CC this week but we don't have enrichment day so I have two weeks to get my stuff in order to jump back into that!

Sabrina

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  5:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I didn't realize it was Super Bowl this Sunday - so that's probably an indication of what we do. We treat the day like any other Sunday in our house :)

Sabrina - I'm so glad you made it home. I'm so glad you got FGOTM - because you deserve it!!!

Thought I'd share a piece of cake with you all that I made today :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  7:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! OK, first OMGosh Joyce... you made that cake??? Aren't you adventurous?/! AMAZING!! How did you make that icing? So pretty!
Hmmm... sports.... yuck! Dave will go to his mom's to watch it. I may go to a church down the street that's showing "The War Room," for people that don't do sports....if the weather stays nice that is.
I had to LOL because I see where there's a military gun show in another town around here. Dave said, "Oh sure, make us choose!" hahahaha hmmm... guess you could buy a gun first to take to your game at the family's gathering... just to be sure everyone roots for the same team.hahaha
Sabrina, dear girl, so glad you made it home. I was so stressed just thinking you'd never get there. What an ORDEAL! *whew* I too, am so glad that you got to see your family members before they passed. It does the heart good to have closure.
PGTammy, your cat looks like a Maine Coon cat we had. He was all yellow and long hair like your cat. It's nice that your critters get along. So cute!
Peggy, I was rudely awakened out of a hard sleep this morning too, by the UPS guy! He pounded so hard... twice...before I came out of my 'fog.' I was dreaming pretty deep. I guess they are making people sign for meds from the V.A. now. Bout time! Dave has had his meds come up missing a few times in the past. Hope next time, HE'S home so HE can get 'pounded' out of HIS sleep. hahahaha
I love the idea of a fireplace in a library. How sweet is that? We have a medium-ish library in our town...BUT they just voted to build a big one reeeeeeally close to me(5 minute walk). It's going to have a Community Center in it too. So it probably will be big. *sigh*
Well I sanded the inside of my Cedar Chest and...WOW....it DID improve the smell. Dave is still going to put those cedar planks in the bottom for me. I guess they are tongue 'n groove, made for cedar closets, so it will be nice. Tee-hee... so excited to put some stuff in there. It's gonna smell soooo nice!!
G'nite Girlie! Sweet dreams!(hope nobody gets rudely awakened) *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  8:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy...sorry your sleep was so rudely interrupted too. Boy, am I tired tonight! Hey girl
have you read the other books by that same author? I saw that the one you mentioned was like
5th in a series or something like that. I've been looking at a lot of books lately so I might
have messed up the number. ~ So, your chest smells really Cedary now huh? Cool! What are you
going to store in there...blankets, linens or what? I wondered since you were sitting on your
Cedar Chest if you had stuffed Dave in there. But since it was your birthday and he gave you
that Nice Gift he probably wasn't in the Dog House that day. LOL

Joyce...my my...what a pretty cake. I have the same questions as Judy...how did you make that
Frosting so Petal Perfect? I don't know if I went to all that work if I would want to eat it.
LOL I'd just have to admire it for a day or two first!

Prairie Tammy...I love to see when dogs and cats get along like that. They look so cute all
curled up there together.

OK...girls I'm going to go sit in my recliner, put my feet up and watch something on TV. I'm just
so pooped...from sleep deprivation and all this walking, walking, walking and more walking. LOL

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page