Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  11:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Heather...I'm coming for dinner!! Sounds really really yummy!
Don't you just hate it when you type your brains out and then the Computer
gets hangry and eats it???? Oh, that is so frustrating.

Debbie...I do not think it is easy to walk that many steps. It was hard work!
I am waiting for this all to become easier for me. And I am not losing the weight
either. My body is re-configuring it's figure (LOL) but I haven't lost even a lb in
two weeks. How can a person NOT lose weight when you consistently eat 500 calories
less than you are allowed per day and then on top of that walking at least triple what you
were per day???? All I can say is it must be from the meds I take. Or I am going to
drop half my body one day as I look down and say "Hey, where did I go?" It is Crazy!
I am not dilutional enough to think I am going to hit 10,000 every day in this Challenge
either. But I have to say the Challenges do Motivate me.

Sabrina...please show pictures when you get Daniel's blanket done. I always over buy yarn...
and I have tons of it as my back up stash just like Judith. I guess that is half the fun
of yarn shopping having left overs for smaller projects in the future.

Well, girls I guess I should get dressed and go walk the dog. I am almost done with a really
good Audible Book called "Amok" (like run amok) by Sebastian Fitzek...and can't wait to listen
to the last little bit while I walk. It has been a thrill ride of a read with twists and turns
and just when you think you know who the bad guys are...you find you're wrong (and I read so
much I'm rarely wrong) so I love that aspect of this book. It takes place in the UK and Germany
and various other Countries.

Have A Beautiful Day! Find Something Challenging to do to add
some spice to your life!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 09 2016 11:23:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile
So -- you call each other Porchies! I like it. I may have to see about joining you all in here. One of my favorite things is to sit on the porch at home to knit or read or whatever, but with the snow and coooolllld temperatures, I think a virtual porch is a better idea! I am at work today, but it's quiet, so I am knitting sox this afternoon.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  11:46:02 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH MARILYN
Oh, please do come and join us on the Virtual Porch! We have so much fun on here and you
will meet both new and old MJF Farmgirls on here. It is a Safe Place to come and share your
day, your story and your rants and raves and your blessings. We just let it all hang-out
here. But one thing for sure...we share a lot of Love, Laughter, Tears & Joy together.
So, kick off your boots, pull up a rocking chair or grab a spot on The Porch Swing and come
and share a little bit about yourself so we can all begin to get to know you.

The More The Merrier and Everyone is Always Welcome to come sit a Spell...

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 09 2016 11:47:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  4:46:12 PM  Show Profile
HiYa Marilyn!* waves at you like a crazy person... that I am... giggle* Welcome! Come sit a spell and fill us in on who you are and what you like to do!* brushes Pegs cookie crumbs off a cushion for ya and hands you a steaming cuppa* I see you're from the 'teeth-clattering' Northeast just like me. We are a tough breed! lol
Peg likes to rub her 'shorts weather' in from time to time. I smile and nod!heehee
Sabrina, Sabrina, Hoping and Praying that yuns can settle back in to a 'Norm' again soon!* sigh*
Poor, poor Heather... been There 'n done THAT before too! Those nasty little 'puter gremlins!' Smack!
mmm....lovin' the brisket! Yum! More please! Thank you!heehee
Dave and I went out to eat at Cracker Barrel today. It was just starting to spit tiny snow flakes when we left. By the time we got home a couple of hours later it was getting heavier. Now that I'm in and cozied up, it's snowing like crazy. Spose' to snow all day tomorrow. I told Dave that today was his only day to take me out and air me out... our only 'together' day this week.hahaha
Well 'Porch-Buds", make it a great evening!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marilyn, Welcome to the Porch, I think you will like it here, the Porchies are great!

Just had to share with all of you that I got gas for my Dodge Ram Pick up today for .57 cents a gallon, it cost me $14.65 to fill up my truck. We do all our grocery shopping at Safe Way here in Colorado so we get gas points so that is how we got our gas so cheap. We were almost on empty too! We still have .40 cents off a gallon left, I love Safe Way and they have the greatest sales!. We live in a very small town so we travel 35 minutes which is not bad to the next biggest town to Safe Way for our groceries, just wanted to share this with my Porchies.

We just got home after going to the big city today over an hour away for a dentist appointment and to do some junking, I got some good treasures and had fun, but I am so tired so until tomorrow I say goodnight.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 09 2016 5:53:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening! Welcome Marilyn. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you spend here on the porch. There's always time to grab a cup and little something and come on out for a visit.

Started snowing here this morning then changed to rain. Has turned back to snow now, but hoping it will be clear tomorrow morning as I need to take dad to a doctor appointment. The day doesn't always turn out the way you expect when you get up in the morning does it? Got up this morning and expected to steam clean the carpets. Managed to get one done before something else came up and sidetracked mostly my whole day. I did accomplish a bit even thought it wasn't according to the plan. LOL! Now it is nice to come and say hello.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  5:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie, I just now saw your post about my daughters.
Jess & Leslie are my girls. Jess joined shortly after I did and Leslie joined a year or so ago.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  5:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Umm, who is Justine then:-) Hee, Hee! Thanks Denise

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Lol Debbie, I have no idea!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  6:26:09 PM  Show Profile
What are their Farmgirl names Denise?

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 09 2016 6:27:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  05:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have lived here in Chester County, PA for the past 5 years, but I was born and raised (well, we're not done yet) in the Seattle area. Went to high school, got married and lived for a couple of years in Indiana, so I am sort of scattered. I have one grown (again, that's open to argument) daughter, a wonderful son-in-law, and two handsome grandsons who all live nearby. Out west, I still have my "unofficial" grandkids and a pair of adorable twin great-grandsons.

I help my sweetheart out at his used car dealership -- I do the bookkeeping and finance and answer the phone. I am starting some online classes today -- hopefully I will be able to pick up some freelance side jobs if I can wave a certificate around -- ha! When I'm not working, I love to knit. I also knit. Sometimes I knit. When I am flying, I knit. When I am watching TV, I knit. Sometimes I knit. Knitting is sort of my thing. Did I mention knitting? If I ever get my sewing room put back together, I have lots of quilting to catch up on, too.

His Dudeness and I have been remodeling our house for about two years and are reaching the finish line -- eventually. We have come a long way, but there's still some finishing up to do downstairs before we are ready for visitors. Last night we sat looking out at the snow and planning this year's garden. Life is very very good. Anxious to get to know you all.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  07:41:27 AM  Show Profile
WOW Deb .57 cents/gallon is amazing!! Hubby and I were shocked that gas was under $2/gallon when we were in the states, haven't seen it that low in ages!

So my new hurdle....the chapel where we hold Classical Conversations just informed me that we are not allowed to have a nursery room set up. We didn't use their nursery as it was, we hired our own worker and a mom rotated through for the second person. We brought all our own toys and everything but apparently this isn't ok. So now I have to figure out what we are going to do with the 8 little ones that were in the nursery while the older kids have class. Ugh. Not exactly what I needed. Luckily we have a dynamic community who will help me figure it out.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  10:02:29 AM  Show Profile
Deb - that's CRAZY! how exciting!!! I remember being 16 and filling up the car for the first time after I got my license and it was .99 per gallon (I was living in USA at that time). Thankfully, our car is SO cheap on gas. It's great considering we are rural!

Sabrina - I can't wait to see the blanket all done! Make sure to post a pic for everyone to see :) I'm so sorry to hear about the next hurdle - will be praying it gets resolved quickly!

We have lots and lots of snow here. We had a nice storm yesterday - and now the sun is shining and it's stunning!! So beautiful.

Enjoy your sunny weather, Peggy :) I have to say...I'm so glad I'm in the snow right now! I sure missed it!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  11:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Deb...If I send you a couple gas cans...can you fill them up for me??? LOL The lowest I have
seen here is $1.79 and I thought that was good! Wowsie girl...I'm digging that .57 cents.

Joyce...my warm weather just left yesterday. Now it is cold but dry and that is better than rain.
Rain is coming for the weekend however. And my muscles and joints are screaming at me. Enjoy your
snow girl!!!

Marilyn...I have to ask you...Do You KNIT? *giggle* You sound like you keep very busy! That is
just so cool that you work for hubby but also looking to supplement your income by taking on some
more education on line. You have a bushel of Grandkids just like I do. I have 4 biological grandkids
(the delight and joy of my heart) and 7 step-grand kids and then every child in our Apartment Complex.
They either love me or love my Scotty Terrier...I'm not sure which! LOL ~ I had my kitchen remodeled
last Spring for 3 weeks and I thought I was going to go crazy with all the dust and chaos and all
my Kitchen and Dining Room sitting in my Living Room. It was insane...but worth it in the end. So,
I'm not big into renovations. But you will probably be thrilled once yours is all over and done with
too. Good Luck on that!

Denise...Debbie wants to give you another Daughter does she? LOL Too Cute! ~ Does your dad live with you?
Hope you made it to that Dr. Appointment. You girls can all have your snow...I think it's beautiful for
about 1 day and then I'm ready for it to go away. LOL That is why I moved to Western WA from Eastern WA.
Eastern WA gets ALL the SNOW. My mom hates it...but she wouldn't move here after my dad died...so, when
she starts complaining about it..I remind her that she had her chance and didn't take it. LOL

Sabrina...so sorry to hear about your babysitting situation. That is odd since you were supplying everything...but you are one smart cookie you'll get it figured out!

OK Ladies, My Body is telling me that 10,000 plus steps a day is going to kill me not make me healthier.
But I'm sure that isn't how it's suppose to work. I keep reminding myself that I am competing with 40 year
olds (6 of them) and I'm the only Oldy but Goody in the Group. 3 days left in the Challenge and I don't
think any of us will make 70,000 steps in 5 days. ROFLOL But I will beat 10,000 each day...so, hay I'm
busten it! Instead of calling this watch a Fitbit they should have called it Deadfit! LOL

Have a Beautiful Day no Matter What Your Weather or What You're Doing...even knitting!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 10 2016 12:17:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  11:32:49 AM  Show Profile
The lowest I have seen gas here in PA is $1.87 so far, but we have a huge state gas tax, so we are always higher than a lot of places.

Marilyn - where are you in Chester County (where is Oxford)? I'm in Northeast PA in Cresco (near Stroudsburg and Mount Pocono). I'm a huge knitter too - there isn't much else I'd rather be doing. Welcome to the porch!

Hugs all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Luanne -- Oxford is down near the Maryland line -- not too far from Delaware, either. The SE part of Chester County, I'd say. Near Nottingham, where the Herr's potato chip factory is!

PeggyAnn -- I DO knit! How did you know? That's uncanny. I have a brother and sister-in-law in Longview, WA, by the way. Actually, right now they are stuck in Laramie, WY, waiting for a new engine to be put in their car -- they were driving from Western PA, where they had been caring for SIL's mom, and are on their way home. Their kids both went to school down in Portland (Warner Pacific) and ended up marrying and staying down that way after college, so I think Brother and SIL will probably be moving further south in the future. It's amazing what those grandkids get us to do, isn't it? I moved all the way from Seattle to PA to be near mine.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  12:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-do I need to tell you not to over-do it??? :) Just kidding, I'm impressed I can't hit 10000 every day! I went WAAAY over the days at the airports though and usually I get my 10k on wednesdays and Fridays which is when I teach!

Well I went to hobby lobby online to order more yarn for Daniel's blanket and they want to charge me $17 shipping for $20 worth of yarn. NO WAY. So....I'm seeing if some off chance someone around here has some, if not I guess it will be blue and green stripes with some other color for the head and tail....guess the one-year-old won't care! They must have changed their shipping because I've ordered from them several times and would not have paid that much! It is now over double what the normal US shipping rates are for APO boxes. Kind of sad imo.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  1:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina-do I need to go to Hobby Lobby and get you the yarn-priority Mail is cheaper than $17 and mom
Mail usually free#128516;

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Omgosh! You Porchies are just cracking me up tonight! I truly needed a little levity!
Linda, I received your lovely Valentine today with 2 great teas, and a special tuck which I won't mention at this time in case other tea swappers haven't received theirs yet. Thank you so much! The teas look really good. I am about to try the decaf since it is close to bed time for me.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
I am in a mood. Ok I am just mad as a hornet and I am really a butterfly heart. But my principal must think I jump hoops. I am supposed to teach, get her butt out of a sling cause she didn't listen to me when I said there is work to the county spelling bee especially when our school is hosting. So I had to stay after school and come up with the words etc. That just burns me cause I am one organized butterfly and doing things at last minute does not fly with me....oh I am sure she saw my steam. Who comes in forty five minutes before school is out and says I can't do this so can you. Didn't matter that I had plans and errands and things to do afgter school that I have been trying to do for a week. OH let me tell you if I could have told her a piece of mind I would have. So I am sorry yall have to hear my butterfly wings vent... But I need to get it out of my system before I go back to morrow.

ok I am done and I am pretty sure I need a very big pot of tea, and one big piece of chocolate.
I promise the next time I fly in I will be my calm wonderful self. Thanks yall for allowing me to feel like I can be me here

love yall
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  6:36:31 PM  Show Profile
I can only be on here for a second, but wanted to give you a HUGE (((HUG))) TLTammy! Praying for you friend! Drink some tea and take a relaxing bath <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  8:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn...I just guessed that about you! You just seemed like the knitting type! LOL

Sabrina...17.00 to mail yarn...What???? Yarn weighs next to nothing!! I think I would
take mom up on her Mom Mail Offer! Geesh, talk about Highway Robbery...$17.00 my eye!

Sylvia...I love a Mother who will rescue her daughter! You go girl!

Judith...the Teas are good!!! Enjoy a cuppa...while you laugh at all of us loonies! LOL

Teacher Tammy...Oh girlfriend, you never go on a rant!!! So, just get it all off your
Wings and Let them Air Out!!! I think that Principal had a lot of Nerve just dumping that
on you at the Last Minute!!! I can hear your Tea Kettle letting off Steam from here.
I hope you feel better after sharing with us. Sometimes all you need is a good burst of
steam to keep your kettle from boiling over and scalding someone. Even IF they do deserve
it! It is that "Grace" Word again...that word God loves so much! "Unmerited Favor" or
"Undeserved Favor". I will just leave that steeping in your mug for awhile!

Shannon...good advice and I'm sure she appreciated the Huge Hug!

Sabrina...Yes, Please do tell me not to over do!!! I think I must have been crazy for agreeing to
this Challenge. LOL If I make it the next two days it will be a miracle but I still won't come
close to 70,000 in 5 days. That is a killer amount!

OK...off to do the dishes...maybe I should dance while I'm doing them. Get some stepping moves going. LOL

More later girlies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile
TTammy-I'm so sorry you got that work dumped on you, how inconsiderate! Vent away!!

I may just take mom up on that offer but I'm in a bit of a hurry since I'm trying to get it done by his bday on the 21st. I think I'm going to swing by our little craft store on post and see if they happen to have some multicolored yarn that would coordinate with what I already have. Of course there yarn runs $6=8 a skein so I'm still going to end up paying way too much overall. I can't believe I only bought two skiens of each color for such a large project, it isn't like me to not way overestimate yarn. I need to go dig through my closet and see if more didn't get moved somewhere.....

Well our day is just starting and I need to get moving and be at least a tad bit productive. Have some errands to run and a friend coming over later to help my kids catch up on AWANA-which means I need to work on some verses with them. I'll check in this evening, have a good day porchies!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  06:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh oh! I just ate my last two Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies!!! I need refills.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  07:58:50 AM  Show Profile
TLT-Wow! I think if felt the breeze from those beautiful wings flapping way out here in Iowa! Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page