Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  12:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Well hello there Teresa! Tell us a little about 'YOU!' Are you originally from Australia?
Ya, it gets confusing on here when we have 2 Tammy's, 2 Peggy's, a Judith, a Judy... makes it interesting!
*giggle*
I went outside and swept snow off my walks just in time. Sun is out but weak and we now have gusty wind.
There is a -5 wind-chill warning to cover our faces that just kicked in. It's snowing tiny flakes that don't know which direction to go.lol
Oh, I got my tea package... finally. Was worried it got lost. So....time to make more tea and watch some Netflix! Later Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  12:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy...sign me up for your give away girlie!!!
Wow...your Tea Pkg took awhile. I bet it was because of the bad weather.
And I bet that Furnace Guy is keeping hopping busy like a bunny!!!
Oh, my goodness we are showing our Age girl with the whole Currier and Ives thing!
I felt the same way you did when I saw her pictures!!

Welcome Teresa...glad you found The Porch. Kick your boots off, pull up a Rocking Chair,
and sit a spell and tell us a little about yourself. I know I have seen you on other Threads.

Joyce...Oh, that is such a Sweet thing you are doing for Valentine's Day! Bless your heart!
And dinner sounds Scrumptious! And your Valentine Buckets of Treats sounds Delightful!
Your quests will Love all the fuss and fun you went to the work of on their behalf. Enjoy
your Valentine's Day and Sonday too!!!

Hi Judith, Sabrina, Shannon, Sylvia...hope you ALL Have a Lovely Valentine's Day Weekend!

I just got done walking my dog! Still have to head to the Fitness center to walk for another
45 minutes. Last week I got over 10,000 steps every day but one...and I would have made that
day too if I hadn't had to try and resolve a Friend Crisis. I didn't make the 70,000 steps
in 5 days but I did accomplish 89% of that goal...and felt pretty good about that! I am
going to continue to try and hit 10,000 step everyday and keep at it. When I walk at the
Fitness center it is more intense. I walk half of the 45 minutes and I am pouring sweat off
my head and face. Did I ever mention that I hate to sweat? When I was young and thin...I walked
everywhere and never broke a sweat even in 95 degree weather. Now I run the vacuum and I'm
sweating up a storm. LOL

OK girlies...Enjoy Your Day and Make some one feel Loved this Weekend!

Hugs and Delight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  2:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy aka HerbLady55, I used to have a complete set of the blue and white Currier & Ives dishes. (gravy bowl and all). Gave it to a friend who was just setting up house and had no dishes. We had just gotten married and had our Pflatzgraff and china. Sometimes I still think of the blue and white though. No, I never heard my mother speak German before or after her surgery. She always did have a very strange reaction to sedatives and anesthesia.

Happy Valentines Day, tomorrow girls.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  2:55:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I wanted to stop here on the porch for a few minutes :) Hubby got home late las night - yay! Now to figure out a "new" routine. Today has been kinda relaxed, and hubby is busy spoiling me. He has taken over the kitchen... this morning was eggs benedict for breakfast, and now he is working on grilled steaks, crab cakes, baked potatoes and salads for dinner. My oldest daughter in in the kitchen as well working on some bread so we can have garlic bread with our dinner tomorrow night. This left me with menu planning and making a grocery list. I have the first part of that done.... now to make the list. Thankfully the list will only be for the next week, whereas the menu was for the rest of the month. Golly we go through a lot of food, lol. Tomorrow will be church, then a fellowship afterwards, and then headed home. I'll be making our traditional "Valentine's Day dinner" which consists of chicken parmesan over pasta, with pepperonis cut into heart shapes :) The kids love it! On Monday, since hubby has off, I think we are going to go on a field trip.

Judy - I'd love to join your drawing. Hoping your furnace will be fixed soon. That is a HUGE difference between the quotes. For goodness sake that is doubled the one estimate!

Peggy - way to go with your steps!!! You are doing an incredible job! I really need to start walking again! If I can get my crew into a routine, perhaps we will start walking in the morning!!!

Judith - that story about your mom is so wild!!! I have always wanted to learn German. My mom's side of the family is Amish, so they all speak German/Pennsylvania Dutch. I'm not sure if it is pure German, or a different dialect? I really would like to learn more about that side of the family... it is funny, I grew up with them, and have always looked at them as normal, but having their own ways, but there are many things I don't know!!! I will say there is something magical about their way of life!!! If it wasn't for their religious beliefs (though that varies by the order/church), I would totally be up for becoming Amish :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  4:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok Peggy Ann & Shannon, got yuns down for the drawing!
Judith, back in 1975 when I got married(first time) Mama gave me a set of the Currier&Ives mugs.I loved them until they invented the microwave and I couldn't use them in it. They had a pure gold rim that couldn't go in a microwave or they'd spark. Drawback. They became shelf-sitters after that. Eventually I got rid of them. Sad! Now I decided that I don't want to use a microwave.lol Can't win.
OK Girlie, Ya'll have a great Valentines day! Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  4:36:06 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be added for the giveaway too please. Thank you.
Happy Valentine's Day Porchies!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  6:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judy - Please add me to your giveaway. I LOVE a good mystery.

Sorry to hear about all these tooth pullings. OUCH!

Shannon- Glad your hubbie is back. take advantage of being waited on. LOL!

Love your farm pics, Joyce. Looks WONderful!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  7:03:01 PM  Show Profile
Ok Debbie and Linda, got you down for drawing!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:08:42 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

Peggy you are doing great!! I wish there was a way I could link my tracker with friends like the fitbit. That is the only drawback I've found so far. I'm not doing so great but I'm still in recovery from the trip. It is taking my longer than I'd hoped to feel normal again. This soreness is lingering too (darn fibro). I'm hoping to get a little bit back to normal this week, maybe getting back into a routine will help.

Shannon-your hubby sounds so sweet to treat you!!

Hubby has to work today so no special plans-that said we don't usually do much for valentines day. I try to avoid the commercialized aspect of many holidays so I tell him I don't want anything. But usually he gets me something small anyway. Maybe just a chocolate bar or something but he just can't deal with doing nothing lol. I guess some of the people he works with were mad about working today (it is a normal day in the cycle they work and it has been on the schedule for months so not something they just found out about) because their wives were mad they wouldn't be home for valentines day. 16 years as a military wife and many as a military kid before that and this is SOOOO not worth being upset over!

I have to think of some sort of cute valentines for the kids to take to coop wed. I really don't want to buy valentines, although I may go to the store and buy some candy for them, so I'm trying to come up with cute homemade ones. I saw some using fruit that was cute! Since there are three kids I need three different ideas. Guess I'll check pintrest-better do that after the work I need to get done or the day will slip away!!

We aren't going to church today because the way I'm still feeling today I'm not up for getting all the kids ready and dealing with them during the service (no children's church due to the holiday) we also don't have awana because of the holiday so I'm going to use the quiet day with no plans and no school to get ready for the week and caught up on things. Hopefully I still have some time to crochet this afternoon too!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:21:58 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY VALENTINES TO ALL MY PORCH BUDS!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  06:50:21 AM  Show Profile
Such a sweet Valentine, PeggyAnn! Same to you and to all the Porchies!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  07:12:07 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

***warning, a non Valentine's Day vent coming later****

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  10:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day!
Peg, what an adorable card! Sounds like some of you are getting spoiled by your guys! Good for you!
Here's what I found waiting on my kitchen table. How does he sneak this stuff in without my knowing? Baffles me!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 14 2016 10:02:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Love the beautiful gifts. I came home from church to find a card and huge, velvet, heart shaped box of chocolate truffles.

Judy, would like to be added to your drawing.

Thanks,
~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 14 2016 12:09:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Love how sweet your hubby is to you!!! He is a Keeper!!!

Denise...sounds like you got a good guy too! I give Kudos's to all those
Men out there who don't just blow off this Day of Love!!!

Hugs, Hugs, and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  1:04:39 PM  Show Profile
I got a beautiful card and a sweet little Steiff Duckling stuffed animal (I collect Steiff animals) from my sweet hubby along with a hug and a kiss. My son went to Denver to spend the weekend with friends so hubby and I could have the weekend alone together. My hubby is 100% disabled, my son and I are his full time caregivers so it was nice to have some sweet alone time with my wonderful, adorable hubby.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone I hope your day was sweet.
Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 14 2016 1:08:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  2:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I added you to the drawing.
Debbie, glad you had a nice day with your hubby too.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  7:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Ok here is my vent, and by no means is this directed at ANY farmgirl. My problem is the way people have sent me sympathy cards on the loss of my dad. Two cards, specifically from relatives of my DH, came addressed to Mr. And Mrs, and the other to Wayne and Sylvia. This was MY dad, cards should have been to ME, or at least my name first!!!! These people did not even know him-I'm not FROM here! AND if wasn't bad enough....the store bought sympathy card was simply signed by the individual-no other note or sentiment. People need to take a lesson from Farmgirls on how to send cards! Oh and to finish off this rant-it took about 10 days for me to hear from my pastor and that was a note on facebook! Ok rant over - thank you all for reading!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  7:05:38 PM  Show Profile
But on a positive note - I got a loom today!!!!!!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia...Rant on Girl! Let it All Out!! Now, take a deep breath and let it go!!! Some people
just have no social skills and do not know how to properly express condolences,empathy or
sympathy. I'm sorry...it was your Dad and your loss and I totally understand. Also, my husband
is a Retired Pastor...and we did many Hospital Visitations for people in other Churches...whose
Pastors refused to make Hospital Calls on their own members. So, we happily went and prayed with
people and met their families etc. I'm not patting myself on the back...but I don't get Pastors
who either ignore the hurts of the hearts of their members or just really don't care. That is just so
very very sad to me. My heart goes out to you Sylvia and I am genuinely sorry for your loss.

For You Porchies who have prayed for my Step-Son Daniel...I can't thank you enough but I continue to
ask you to keep him in your prayers as The Holy Spirit brings him to mind. Larry and I went to visit
Daniel today and his spirits were very positive but he wants out of there. He is in a Prison Camp for
White Collar Crime...it is in a beautiful location but the conditions these people have to endure is
really inhumane. When this prison camp was first built it was 2 guys to every 10x10 room (no cells)
but now they cram 6 guys in each space...by using bunk beds...but they are connected together side by
side too. Daniel sleeps in the middle of two other guys...and if he turns over and stretches out a
leg or arm he is in someone else's space. They have no place to sit and write or study or do anything
in their room. The have absolutely no quiet time. Our son goes to 3 Religious Services on Sunday just
to get some peace and quiet. He goes to a Buddist Service (which he doesn't believe in) but the lights
are off with only a Candle for Meditation. So, it is quiet and he can commune with God and meditate on
things he needs to concentrate on...like his appeal. Then after that he goes to a Catholic Service because
it is done in Latin which he can't understand, The lights are low and again he can sit there and pray to
God and meditate on those things that you need quiet time for. The he goes to his Christian Service for
Worship. We wouldn't even put 6 large dogs in a space that small...and you shower with others you even use
the toilet in front of everyone else you have no alone time ever. It really is deplorable. If he was in a cell...he would have it either to himself or one other inmate...not 6 big burly guys crammed in one tiny
space. Anyway, our visit was really good and we got to hug him and touch his arm or hands when we spoke
and then we even got to hug him again when we left. We haven't been able to do that for a couple years...
it was so precious for us all. Anyway...we are still praying for his early release. He shouldn't be there.
Selling a Product that isn't illegal because you made a lot of money doing it and The Pharmaceutical
Companies don't like that very much and neither does the FDA obviously and yet You can still go online and buy the exact product Daniel was selling all over the Country and all over The World. So where is the Justice and what was the Crime???? I don't know!!!

I'm tired but it was a very good day. 2 1/2 hrs getting there,
2 hrs to visit and 3 1/2 getting home in rush hour traffic. I
still need to go to the Fitness Center and walk...which will be
nice after sitting so long. I'm not use to that. LOL

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 15 2016 7:57:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  11:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Mom, I agree with Peggy, people just don't know any better, lame excuse but we know where you are it is true. People don't have real social skills and are self centered and can't empathize with others.

We are both bery excited about moms new loom, even though I'm 5000 miles away!! I think she should post pictures!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  11:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your son is on my prayer list, I wasn't on the porch when this started and don't know he whole story but it sure sounds shady on the prosecution side of things.....I'll continue praying!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  04:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Things have been a little busy around here, so I can't remember if I said that I got my tea package and thank you! My guy and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday because the weather was really nasty and getting even worse for Sunday. I get aggravated with him at times (who doesn't with their man) - but he is so thoughtful. Not only did he buy me a Vermont Teddy Bear and chocolates, he also brought a beautiful box of chocolates for my 87 year old Mom who is staying with me for the winter. She was so surprised and touched.

Anyway - no job yet, but still praying for something to come along. My unemployment ends soon. Also no health insurance. I'm getting bounced back and forth between healthcare.gov (Obamacare) and Medicaid. Legally, one or the other has to accept me, but so far no one has agreed which one I should be covered under. What a mess. Plus, now they can fine me for not having insurance - arghhhhhhh.

It has been brutally cold here with wind chills down to -25 or more, but warming up and raining today. Such a strange winter here in the northeast. Can't wait for Spring.

Judy - would love to be in your drawing if you're still taking names.

Think of you all often even when I'm only "lurking" !!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  12:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, I got you down for the give-away. Praying for your job situation.
Peg, still Praying for Daniel! That really Is a bad living quarters situation.
We have very cloudy skies/38 and woke to a total of 5 inches of very heavy, wet snow.
By Friday we are suppose to be 50. We'll see.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  5:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Did a little catching up....
Joyce...your farm is gorgeous!

PeggyAnn....I'm so glad that you all got to see Daniel. Sounds a little shady to me how he got to be there. If it's being sold all over he shouldn't be there. I got your tea package. I just haven't really been on to say anything. Thank you! I've already tried the Sweet Rose. It was certainly different but not bad.

Well, we lost our piggy Olive. We're not sure what happened or what was wrong with her but she is in Heaven's farm. Unfortunately it was my oldest son (12 yrs old) that found her when he went out to feed them. The farmer we got them from gave us another sow. She is a red color so the kids named her Scarlett. LOL Scarlett O'Piggy She will take some time getting used to us. She is also a sister to the other two. Olive almost looked like she was pregnant but she was too young for that. She was just 5 months. I was told that sows couldn't get pregnant until they are about 8-9 months of age. Believe me, I'm closely watching these two now. At the first sign of anything I'm calling the vet.

On a good note we are hoping to get some chicks here soon. Rural King has their equipment set out ready to get a new batch of babies. I'm excited! I love chickens!!

The weather here has been crazy. Snow one day, the rain, then sunshine and back to snow. Gotta love living in Kentucky. Wait five minutes it will change again. LOL!

Well porchies, I believe that I'm going to go and do some stitching for a while before bed. Have a great night and keep warm!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page