Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  12:45:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...it has been quiet on here. I had a rough weekend with rainy weather but so far the
last two days have been nice. Just got back from my long walk. Didn't take Snickers this time as I
dumped his stroller again yesterday and that makes twice now. Once I hit a pine cone and yesterday
kids must have been throwing dirt clods at each other right outside my Apartment and I hit one on
the way in. Each time I have brought him in and given him pain medication that I have left from his
hip surgery. He wanted to go with me today but I felt it would be better for him to have a day of
rest from the Crazy Lady Pushing the Pet Stroller. LOL So now he is sulking. He is one of those dogs
that does not want his daily routine messed with.

Prairie Tammy...I love your cow butter dish. How cute is that? And your canned Meat is a really
great idea. The only meat I had ever seen canned until yours today is Minced Meat. My Grandmother
use to can it all the time. She would make minced meat pies that were really yummy. Haven't had
one of those in about 40 years but loved them. ~ You asked about which medium I like to use in my
coloring books. I am 80% a sparkle gel pen person...but I will only buy one brand and they are really
hard to get because they are so popular and made in China. I also like Water Color Pens and I will
often mix gel pens/or water color pens with regular colored pencils. I do not like Markers at all.
The sparkle gel pens I use are $10.00 for a box of 12 and I bet I have gone through 8 boxes in the last
year. When ever Barnes & Noble get them in I buy up everything they have because they are so hard to
get. Probably makes them mad but oh well, I am a paying customer. I like to give them as gifts too
along with a coloring book. I just did a color book swap with another farmgirl and I gave her a set
of the pens, a Tea Coloring Book, and a box of Inspirational Coloring Cards. She was thrilled.

Sabrina...thank you for sharing about Shannon's internet being down. It is probably because they
have to move again. What a pain. I did that about 5 years ago. Moved into a house and lived there
for 8 months and then moved back into an Apartment...because the house was more work than I wanted.
My husband wasn't thrilled but all the man did to help move was pack up his bedroom/office and most
of his stuff was still in boxes from the first room. And after we moved he said, "Don't talk to me
about moving again...it's too much work!" As if he knew a thing about it! I even got the people to
help us make the move with all the big stuff and I did all the little stuff. I had to laugh at the
absurdity of his comments. Though I don't plan to move again unless he should die before me or
we got a Notice that we had to move from the Property Management Group. A lot of that is happening in
our area. There is no affordable housing/or apartments now. What we pay 775.00 a month for a 2 bedroom/
2 bath apartment which is now renting to new people for 1,200 per month. 5 years ago we got this place for
675.00. A lot of Apartment Complexes in Vancouver/Portland are upping the rents to the full amount with
only a 20 day notice. And if you can't pay it then they give you a No Fault Eviction. It is terrible. Also, Californians are selling their expensive homes (they have higher mortgages down there) then coming up here and pay cash for their new home and nobody is going to turn those deals down. The Chinese and Japanese are doing the same thing...so it is Making our Market a Hot Buyers Market. So, we have more and more lower middle class people having to move to the streets or live in their cars even with families. It
is and Epidemic Problem here.

Denise...don't plant too early or you will have to be out there covering everything each night. We are
suppose to be back up in the mid 70's today...which I am happy about! We went from 91 in one day back
into the low 60's. It really is Psycho weather...everywhere. ~ I swear the only time I get any housework done is when I know company is coming. LOL It is a great motivator!!!

Well, off to check my FB pages and then get something done around here.

Love and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  1:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Only have a minute - just wanted to let Luann know I got my tea package yesterday!!! Purple is my favorite color so I loved all the purple stuff. Don't want to spoil it, but you did great! I loved everything :) Off to try one of the teas right now.

Hopefully I'll hop back on the porch Thursday and catch up with everything.

Oh, Tammy - love the butter dish - I have one too. My sister got mine for me. Aren't they adorable:)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  2:37:01 PM  Show Profile

Hey girlies, 'lookie' what I won from the Ranch Farmgirl, Dori Troutman's "quilting Giveaway." Ca-uuute potholders and a washcloth she made!
I'm so excited. Now I have something to look at while I try my hand at quilting!(she says with a straight face BECAUSE
She IS NOT CRAFTY)!!!!hahahahaha BUT...I won, I won, I won... a giveaway!!!Yaaaaa!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  2:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Luanne, for the teas and the cute presentation of them. Love the bag, the letter L, the napkin, and the teapot lollipop. YUM!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  2:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Loved the cute butter dish! Don't ya just love novelty farm-animal stuff like that? I do!!
Peg, that's just terrible the way landlords can just throw people out like that! grrrr...steams my teapot!!!
Speaking of tea... Luanne, I got my tea package yesterday! Thank You! Loved it all!!!
OK, I just have to say this Denise, because it rhymes AND it's just busting me at the seams! Ready?
"Levisgrammy...off yer fanny!"hahahahaha Told ya it rhymed. *whew* I have room inside me... now that THAT'S out!!! Rofl
Dave and I have been fencing our small garden in the back yard and putting cement block all around it and put a gate on it and when it's all done I will take a pic of it. I'm just having an herb garden this year. We can't afford to use city water to water a real garden anymore. Plus we can buy produce so cheap at out farmers markets round here. PLUS...I have a rain barrel to keep up with the herbs. We are suppose to have a hot, dry summer, so the Farmers Almanac said. I hope they are wrong... but usually aren't! *sigh* We sat out in the back yard enjoying the chimney pot fire and chatting last night and we put Rascal(cat)in the fenced in area and he didn't know what to think. He's usually on his leash with us. But he settled down after awhile and enjoyed watching birds and stuff. He was a pretty happy kitty... with dirty feet! Hahaha
Have a great evening Gals! We have sprinkles, 60 here. Great for yard work!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls...try to remember to Thank Your Monthly Tea Hostess but don't give away clues on what
her tucks are. Let everyone get theirs and be surprised!! Thank You! ~ I haven't gotten mine yet
but I am always excited to see what flavors of Tea are chosen and if there are any little surprises.

Judy...loved your rhyme and comment that now you could breathe after you let it out! You just
crack me up girl! Congratulations on Winning Something!!! That is ALWAYS Fun!!! And those are so
cute too! Are you really going to try quilting? Hand or Machine? I can't wait to see this...*giggle*
from the girl who always claims to not have a Crafty Bone in her Body! I fully believe you can do it
Girl...amazing things Happen once we are determined to try. ~ Can't wait to see your fenced Herb Garden.
Pictures when you get them. Now the cat will probably love that garden spot and find lots of ways
to get in there and sleep among the herbs. LOL

Hi Heather and Linda...nice to have you On The Porch...even for a quick moment! Good of you to let
Luanne know you got your Tea Pkg.

OK...later gaters!
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy! What a poet you are. LOL! Made me giggle anyway. Congratulations on your giveaway win.

Peggy, Doesn't look like we are going to have anything but rain anyway so I won't be able to plant yet!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  5:59:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, Porchies, earlier this afternoon I "almost" posted the longest post I have written yet. Then POOF!*#+#! Off it went into cyberspace! So I decided to go take a nap. This post will def be much shorter.

Luanne, I received your tea pkg too! I keep sniffing at the teas..yummy to the nose..almost hate to drink it! Loved those tucks!
You put a lot of thought into our packages. Thank you so much!

Judy- I've been wanting to send you and Patsy hugs! So, consider yourselves hugged. I have been thinking of you both.
DH and I are about where you and Dave are. We have fenced in the past. This year we are building our first raised garden bed. Only 2'x8' but, its a start. I will put some things like tomatoes in pots. I must have my herbs. We found a "boob high" (well, if my boobs were up where they are supposed to be) raised bed garden frame with about 8 square foot sections. That would be perfect for my herbs. Except mints would have to go in their own pots. We pick up a lot at farmers markets too. So our garden is much smaller. So, happy for you..winning the giveaway! Such fun!

PGTammy-I love your cutie cow! Made me smile. Canned hamburger! What a great idea! I could do ground turkey. Mom used to do stew meat, pork (which exploded all over the kitchen ceiling...a whole nuther story). Saint Bernards have giant poo! I would hate to clean that up indoors. We used to have a neighbor with a St. Bernard. Sweet dog! But neighbor used long narrow space between his garage and our fence to keep the poor dog. Of course they don't like to poo where the live. So, he would jump the fence and poo in our yard and then jump back to his own. Guess who got to clean it up.

PeggyAnn, so sorry to hear Daniel is being moved. I'm sure his mates will miss him too. Pass on his new addy when you get it please.
I haven't tried coloring yet. Too many other crafts..but, I enjoy gifting beautiful coloring books and pens to my oldest gkids! Love seeing your pages on FB!

We had frost on the ground the last few days. Brrr. Today I made Violet jelly and Dandelion jelly and Honeysuckle jelly. Next will be hot pepper and then mimosa jelly. Then I will be jellied out! I have lots of UFOs waiting for me!

Hugs to all of you! forgetmenot

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  7:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi gals,

Luanne: Got your tea package today and you DID put a lot of thought into our packages..thanks for the tea and tucks..so ca--ute!

Judith: Thanks for thinking of me and my sissy. Hugs are always welcome. Was mowing the yard today and a black snake jumped up into my 4x8 raised bed to get out of my way. Don't think I will stick my hand in there any time to soon.

I canned 30 pounds of stew beef one year. Best, tender beef we ever had and so nice to be on the shelf for a quick meal.

I've made Dandelion jelly but not any of the others. Honeysuckle is blooming...maybe I should try making some...

Judy: Those pot holders are to cute! 16 squares to make one? WOW..they must be an inch square..
Love your last saying about the weed and a yard.

May 4th marked a year since Mesothelioma took my dear, sweet, Jim away. It's no fun being a widow. When things break down, Jim was always there to make it right. Still missing him so much in so many ways.

Hugs & Squeezles to all of you..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  7:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Judith, Thank you so much for the hugs! I felt thoroughly(((squished)))!!! You cracked me up with your 'boob high' comment! Still roflol!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  7:53:16 PM  Show Profile
Rofl.... sis and I posted at the same time! Yup... we ARE sissies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  8:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Ain't that saying(tagline)the truth? I hoed that whole garden today and I HAMMERED some of those weeds and like to NEVER got them out! Lol Then I raked it all to remove weeds and big stones. It's purdy now and BOY-OH-BOY were the Robbins and catbird happy that I made the worms scurry! Hahaha
A SNAKE jumped??? Acccckkkkk! That would have scared me to death probably! You be careful Sissy! We are all we have now! I Love You!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  08:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Morning gals. Once again we're out of work and waiting for work to trickle down (sigh). I HATE being bored like this and as I'm sure they're checking our keystrokes to ensure we're checking so it's not like I can do anything but sit and click the button for a claim every so often. I'd seriously considered giving notice but then found out that the store's assistant manager overrode the front manager's decision not to hire a guy for a CSM position. Rumor is while he was working as a bartender he put something in at least one woman's drink and before he left his other job he and a couple others cleaned out the meat area and walked out with it after which he never returned to work. Then there's the whole transgender thing. Having been a victim of abuse, the thought of a guy being in the bathroom terrifies me. We currently have 3 working there and supposedly they hired 2 more. For the most part we're okay with 2 of the 3, but the 3rd guy is just plain creepy and weird. I know a couple people from when I was in Metro Detroit area that were trans and I was okay with it BUT I knew them and knew I was safe. It's a horrible thing when you don't feel safe where you work. So, I'm in a holding pattern waiting to see what happens and waiting on guidance from my prayers.

Denise - Linda from Linda's Pantry does a lot of meats; pork, chicken and beef. She also dehydrates meat as well for quick instant meals that her husband uses when he goes hunting.

Peggy - That's horrible about the rent issue. I know they had similar issues out in Mandan and that area with all the oil to the point that a lot of people had to move to other cities because they couldn't afford the rents there any more. Sad. Now it's settling down out there and they don't have enough people to fill all the units they built so they need people to move back.

Luann - I got my tea package yesterday. I've been wanting one of those teas and haven't been able to find it in my area so I was super excited to see it in the package. The other one I haven't had before but look forward to trying it.

Judith: OMG, I've never known anybody that had a pressure cooker explode. Thankfully the new ones have safety features built in so that doesn't happen. It would scare me to death. I hope to do some pork and chicken soon. The idea of being able to pull a jar of either and doing pulled sandwiches in a few minutes definitely excites me on business days, which are unfortunately becoming more frequent.

Patsy - have you tried making lilac jam? I've been seeing recipes for using lilacs and as my lilac is just starting to bloom it's picking my interest, just don't know if I have the time lol

Okay, finally got a couple claims so back to work :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  11:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA! I had no Internet for awhile and then, quite honestly, I have just been in a funk! Most of you know I had surgery in September of 2014 to take out my left adrenal gland, due to a mass. The surgery was a success in that I quit passing out daily due to my potassium being so low it was messing with my heart though I was on what is considered a lethal amount of potassium supplements, and my blood pressure was stroke level high, though on two medications for it. They took out the adrenal gland, my blood pressure normalized, I can now retain potassium and that level is normal and I no longer pass out and therefore deal with concussions and scare my poor children. HOWEVER now my body seems to be going in an endocrine crisis... My thyroid is messed up, my right adrenal gland is messed up, my liver is messed up, my pancreas is messed up, and I am depleted in iron and Vitamin D. My iron is low the doctors are discussing iron transfusions! Basically, my health is BAD. VERY BAD!

Add to that, we are packing to move. The owner says he will lose prospective renters if he extends our lease and refuses to consider it. It looks like the children and I will be moving to TN for a couple months without my hubby OR all of us will be moving on to base housing. however the commander has to sign an exception for that to happen and it takes several weeks to happen... We do not have several weeks! So I am packing, AGAIN, and trying to keep the children up on their school as well as entertained, and the house "show ready."

Oh and the other big thing right now is Emi is considered "failure to thrive." we went through this with Aly as well, so I am not overly concerned, but Emi is definitely small! She will be nine months in a little over a week, and she is only 13 pounds!

On a high note, we are still planning to start our homestead in the Fall! Brad heads out to Wyoming this weekend to look at potential properties! I am super excited to start this new chapter of our life!!!! I am trying to read all I can on homesteading and living a simple life! We are eager to leave the south and slow down some!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  1:28:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
It is beautiful here in Nebraska. I know I have been MIA!!! I am sure I heard the posse out!!! I have a long month and half. My sweet mother in law suffered a stroke and passed away mid April. That was very hard on us. She was like a second mom to me and I miss her terribly. Mother's Day without her was a bit rough on our big family. My sweet hubby not had that to deal with but some of his parents (he teaches high school) decided to bash him on facebook because their child did not get an FFA officer and many other things. I rarely say much, but this time I had to stand up for my family. His children were very upset and we were greiveing and planning funeral. Needless to say my butterfly wings were hot and singed from the whole experience. It took much prayer on my part to not throw a stone back at them. But God helped me find the right words.
Last week I finish school with my butterflies and this week closed my room, had meetings, and set up for many things this summer. We lost half of our staff, which means a lot of change. I am now a mentor teacher to one of our just out of college teachers. Our school is going through accreditation renewal which is a lot of work for us before they visit. Being a parochial school, we set our standards very high.
I am now looking forward to time with my family, good books, and tea for a bit. School will be intermixed in the summer but I know God has a plan for our school. He is at work. I see it.

So now that my life has calmed a bit, I hope the posse will not have to round me up for a while. lol
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanx, Luanne, for the lovely tea package. The tucks are most delightful!

Good to see you back Shannon.

Love the pic of you and Patsy, Judy! Patsy is not alone when it comes to memorable dates piled on each other. June is an interesting month for me...my anniversary would be June 3 (would have been 49th) and his birthday was on June 8th and he passed on the 26th. Thinking of you, Patsy!

TLTammy sorry to hear of your MIL passing. Sending prayers to you and family. Glad you have a break from school....enjoy the time with your family!

Hey Pegs....guess we need to send the posse for you!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  3:18:34 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...wanted you to know I got your Great Tea Pkg. Thanks So Much...Loved it all!
I tried to post twice earlier in the week and for some reason it kept denying my password.
Today if finally took my original password. Go figure! Any way...Really great tucks and tea!

Just came home from Elijah's 3rd birthday party...I'm pooped and covered in cake frosting from
carrying the cake box out to the car!! LOL I told everyone I loved the Frosting on the cake...
I guess I thought I needed a visual to prove it. LOL

Nap time...

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 21 2016 3:20:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  12:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies... where is Every One??? I'm way too tired to round up the Posse girls!
I walked 37 miles this past week and climbed a bazillion flights of stairs. And this week
is starting out pretty good too. Over the weekend I signed on for a Global Challenge...I thought
you could do this challenge either Fri. or Sat. and I did it Fri. because I knew I would be
at Elijah's B-day Party Sat. So, Instead of walking 10,000 + steps that day...I tried to double
it but ran out of time...and only got 19,878 (just missed my goal) BUT then I found out that
you could only do it on Saturday...so, I walked 8 1/2 miles Friday for the pure health of it and
nearly killed myself. LOL Saturday it rained really hard and on Friday I was already feeling it.
It is harder to walk when the Fibro Flares with bad weather. Oh, well!!! I hope I will be able to
keep up my 5 miles a day while I am in Seattle...as I really don't know my way around there very
well. Hopefully my son will go with me...we shall see!

Today I went to my favorite Antique Mall in Portland. I bought an old Straw Sun Hat for walking as
it will help keep the sun from beating on me so badly. And I found the cutest china plate...that looks
like a white paper plate and it has a red bicycle on it with flowers in the front basket w/American Flags.
I also bought a plate stand for it...as I just plan to use it for decor. I also had a wonderful lunch in their Cafe. Meat/Veggie Quiche with a bowl of Red Pepper soup and an Iced Coffee. So, after my shopping I sat there and ate my lunch and read in my Beach Novel...while I waited for Larry to get done with his
Brain Scan. It was the 3rd MRI Place he was sent to...the other two didn't have a big enough Mask for his head. I told him that is what he gets for being a Fat Head!! LOL He said that it was pretty uncomfortable
and he had to lay there for an hour.

Anybody else watch The Voice besides me? I was so glad that Alisan (child hood actress Curly Sue) won!
She has just an Amazing Voice!

I am not going to address everyone tonight but I have read all the posts. Hey, I was wondering if any
of you are on FB...if so, let me know, as I would love to connect with you. There are other Farm sisters
that are on...that I enjoy posting and chatting with too.

OK...Sweet Dreams! Tomorrow is a New Day...do something Fun!

Love & Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  04:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

Nothing much going on around here-other than all the usual busyness! My kids have lost their minds-you would think it is a full moon the way they are acting. We are still waiting for the army to process this paperwork to find out where we are going next. The weather can't decide if it should be warm or cool-it was 84 Sunday and yesterday the high was 57. I'm trying to plan VBS stuff and prepare CC for next year. Luckily things are mostly falling into place with those. Oh and hubby just found out he gets promoted next week. And they totalled our car-only $825 is all they are giving us. It is an old car but it was in decent shape and I think should have been worth more than that-especially considering it was the other guy's fault, seems like we should have got replacement value. We definitely can't buy another car for that, not even another old car. But we keep the car so hubby will hopefully be able to fix it himself for less than that and drive it until we move. It is a shame we probably won't be able to sell it now to put some towards a car for him in the states.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  1:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
It is a quiet afternoon and I just finished cleaning my carpets. I do it twice a year. With the pups and traffic and farm dirt I am amazed at just how dirty they are. But the house smells clean. I am off from school even though I will be very busy with it this summer as we have four new teachers, I am a mentor teacher, helping with music this year, and we are due for our accreditation which is lots of work and prepare for new class. But at least I can do things on my time table. I like that.

I have been cross stitching, taking yoga class, and reading. Currently I am reading Audacious by Beth Moore and a murder mystery. IN bible study we are doing Beth Moore's David. Very interesting.

Peggy I am on facebook if you want to connect.
I hope all yall are doing well. It is nice to be back on the porch.

Love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:21:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm jumping on here kinda quick.... I posted in the prayer forum, but wanted to here as well. Back in February I had requested prayers for Blake, my cousin's nephew. At that time, he was born without an anus and had surgery for a colostomy. Yesterday, he started having seizures... I just heard from my cousin about Blake... After numerous tests, he has been diagnosed with lissencephaly... also known as smooth brain syndrome. It is terminal. Most children do not live past the age of ten. His is so severe that he will probably never get past 3 to 5 months old developmentally... he is three months old now.

I honestly do not think I can say anything else about it as I have hit the point where I am just not thinking straight. Please please please pray for this baby and his family!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  08:47:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It's awfully quiet in here of late! I'm sure we're all busy getting spring/summer things done or going. Today it's on the cool side as we've had thunderstorms everyday since Sunday. Sunday night we got hit with the worse hail storm we've had since we've moved here. Thankfully nothing was broken. I'm hoping it clears up for the weekend, which I have off. Matt's planning on working on the camper and finishing demo and hopefully starting on rebuilding the floor.

I haven't been doing much as I've been in a near constant state of exhaustion. I know the fact I'm not sleeping well is part of it but I'm thinking my thyroid might be causing some of it also. I have an appointment with the endocrinologist the beginning of August but I'm not putting much hope on it since he's the one that told me I DON"T have hypothyroidism.

I got a text from the guy I pet sitted for a couple weeks ago for a quote for 2.5 weeks of sitting while he's gone for guard so crossing my fingers. I also sent in my application for a table at an upcoming extravaganza here in town at the civic center to promote the business. Hopefully I can start getting more customers. I just plan on handing out my business card and maybe a plain flyer on services offered. I'm thinking of having a container of dog biscuits too for people that take my card. I did a FB promotion last week and got a lot of likes and I've posted on several of the Jamestown FB pages so hopefully people will start to hear about me. Decals for the race car are being printed so hopefully that will be on his car within the next week or so. I need to get measurements on my Jeep window so I can get the wrap for that done too.

Peggy - I'm on FB. I'm Tammy Lin and I have a picture of Lacey for my picture.

TLTammy - I need to desperately do my carpets. Every time I suggest it he says no we'll be replacing the flooring and to not bother. The carpets are getting disgusting as you can imagine with 3 dogs and Oreo has had a couple accidents in the bedroom (sigh). I'm torn between buying a machine so I can do it regularly or just renting one since we'll be putting wood floors down (eventually lol).

Reading: I just finished Ooh La La! by Jamie Cat Callan. It was an interesting book as I've read at least one or two others of hers regarding France. She ends up breaking her leg, pretty severely, and chose to stay in France to get medical care so she gives a personal view of medical care in France that most books don't have. I'm finishing up Bowled Over - A Vintage Kitchen Mystery by Victoria Hamilton. I should have it done today or tomorrow. I have the next one in the series already. I'm also finishing up Lessons from Madame Chic which was a group read on one of the lists I'm on. Brocante Home has undergone some huge changes and I bought her $7 year subscription to the Living Room, which includes the FB discussion group. I think her price for the Lounge is way to expensive. The FB group is starting to read Slow Love for June so I ordered that and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  09:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls. Just stopping by to say, Howdy! Been busy with outdoor work and herb gardening. Going to my niece's cookout tonight. Looking forward to it since my Nephew and his family from Maryland will be there and I haven't seen him since Mama's funeral.
Shannon, have Blake in my Prayers! That is so sad! Something else for me to add to my list for when I get to Heaven, and ask..."God... how come....???"
Have a great day Gals! Let's remember those poor folk in Kansas who have had such severe weather!
Love Ya Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  11:36:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy...Oh, a family cook-out sounds like fun! I would love a Nice rare T-bone, corn on the cob,
and a Sweet potato all cooked on a grill! With a big Glass of Sweet Tea! You will have to share
what you have for dinner later Judy. Have Fun with your Family gathering!!! ~ Yes, am Keeping Kansas'
in my prayers. Those Tornado's were huge!

Prairie Tammy...well you guys sound busy!!! All I am doing is walking and walking and walking!! LOL
And taking pictures on my walk too that I post on FB. ~ I have been doing some Cozy Mysteries lately, and right now I am Listening to The Tears of The Jaguar by A.J. Hartley...while I walk. And Reading a Beach Read called The Beach House by Jane Green. ~ I will friend request you on FB.

Shannon...oh, my heart is breaking for the parents of Blake. How terribly sad is that? The parents must
be devastated. Upholding them all in prayers.

Teacher Tammy...I tried to find you on FB but I must not have enough info on you. Will try to friend request me. I am under PeggyAnn Pierce Smith, Vancouver WA 98665 ~ Sounds like you aren't going to have
much of a summer...which is sad since you don't get much of a summer under normal school circumstances.
Are both your boys home for the summer? I envy you getting your carpets cleaned. I so need to do that myself. If I could just get rid of hubby and the dog for a day I might get that accomplished. LOL

Sabrina...Praying for your Military Move. Hope you get the place you want. ~ Driving Older cars had it's
challenges (I know we drive an older car with 210,000 miles on it) and when you get in an accident no
Insurance Company wants to give you a replacement value for them. Hopefully your hubby will be able to
fix it to get you guys by until your transfer.

OK...must go check out my other MJF Threads and FB. I teach my last Bible Study tonight and then we switch
over to Summer Crafting and Gab Session. Next Thursday...I head to Seattle for a week to see my sweet
grand-daughters. More Later Porchies.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  11:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I sent you a friend request on Facebook....I love the purple in your hair...lol snicker snicker...but then I would as I am queen of purple

Today we are to get storms so I decided to put off shopping for groceries and things until tomorrow. I don't like being out when it might get bad. So did my exercise and things and now to cross stitch or read a bit.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page