Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, You mean fit-bit doesn't give you points for falling down and rolling all the way down a hill???WHAT??? Send it back!!! Lol So glad you had a good visit with the kids. I went to my great nieces 14th birthday party Tuesday. It's so fun to watch children play. There were all different ages and they all played together real well. And soooo much energy! Wow!
I wish we had a train system around here. I've always wanted to go somewhere on one. We have city busses and taxi's...that's about the extent of it.
Interesting story:
We have a critter living behind the cement porch steps. It just moved in a couple of days ago. It dug a hole down along the foundation of the house, but behind the steps that somebody left about 10 inches of space between house and steps. Stupid! Not us... was like that when we bought the house. So... Dave buys some poison varmint blocks and throws one down the hole. Blocks are 6x3x1/2 in thick... and nasty green. So the next day I decided I was going to throw the dirt mound it dug out, back into the hole. There, on top of the dirt mound was the half eaten poison bar. So I throw it back in and push all that dirt in as best I could. Wa-laaa! TODAY I go outside and guess what? The hole was all pushed back out and the poison bar was perched back on top of it... half of it was eaten again. WHAT!!! You stupid beastie... die!!! It's not a power bar... it's a poison bar!! What alien creature are we dealing with here!/? Dave said," One with a cast-iron stomach!"
Not funny.... but FUNNY!!!
Any ideas how to get rid of it. Can't shoot it, we're in the city... plus we NEVER see it. Can't use live trap... might be a skunk...or 2 or 4...hahaha
Help!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 09 2016 8:27:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Wow I guess my last post was really negative!! It isn't all that bad I think I'm just cumulatively tired. I think all the things I was doing over the last several months plus the fact that Daniel still isn't consistently sleeping through the night (although he is doing much better and sleeps pretty solid at least half the time, up until a month or two ago he was still waking up several times every night) is just catching up with me. I am trying to give myself some down time and take it easy. I don't think I can stop everything at this point but I'm cutting back.

I don't feel like I can back out of VBS, if I did I think I would have already. But the good news is stuff started falling into place this week and I am delegating most of the work. I have someone in charge of the music and opening/closing activities and another person completely in charge of the story time portion. I handed them the material and told them to do whatever they want just let me know if they need anything! I have another lady who said she wants to be "very involved" so I'm giving her my spare director guide and telling her to pick what she wants to be in charge of and let me know! My goal is mostly just to coordinate all the people running each section of the program and oversee it.

My other big task this summer is getting CC ready for next year. The person who is taking over for me the second semester is willing to help a lot but I'm still technically the director. It isn't that bad though the biggest task is getting all the materials ordered.

Hubby starts leave in a week. He is taking two weeks off. We plan to do a few day trips to do some sight seeing- staying overnight anywhere is just too big of an ordeal to even try! But between those I'm going to try to get some cleaning/organizing done and planning for these activities, that way when he goes back to work I'll have less to worry about.

We are still waiting to hear about his next assignment-which I expected to take a week or so, no surprise there. But it looks like there is a very good chance we could be moving in November instead of Feb!!! Which I am thrilled about!!

Shannon- I'm definitely still praying for you and your whole family. I've had some friends do the homemade formula with goats milk with lots of success, I hope the things you are introducing helps at least enough to not have to worry about her. I'm praying for your health to and just generally being able to handle all that you are dealing with. I'm glad y'all are able to move on base for a bit and I'll pray that offer gets accepted if that is the house God wants y'all in!!

Tammy-I use EOs for some things, I hadn't heard of that brand. I usually use Hopewell or Plant Therapy and have been very happy with both. I'll have to look up the ones you use. I've also used NOW brand and Aura Cacia but don't feel like the quality is as good.

Judy-I hope you and Patsy have a wonderful time!

Peggy-I'm glad you aren't saying "I told you so!!" lol But really I think there were a few things that threw me over 1. I thought Dan would start sleeping more waaaay sooner than he did. I was counting on getting more sleep to be able to accomplish everything I committed to! 2. The army chapels are a pain in the rear to deal with!! That just caused it all to be so much more stressful than it needed to be and 3. The emergency trip back to Texas threw me over the edge that I was too close to and I've had a hard time recovering. I'm trying to get some things done so that at the beginning of July I can sort of take a break. But the reality is with 4 kids even a break from those things isn't and can't be a TOTAL break. But I'm doing my best to get things off my plate and slow down and rest. It isn't my personality not to have several project but I definitely have to learn to limit them at least some I guess (this does not make me happy!!! I want to do all of the interesting things!!).

Judy-I do not envy you the critter!! I hope it decides you are annoying and goes to live somewhere else!

Ok hubby is glaring at me guess I better go help with bedtime!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  11:26:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy...sorry to hear that you have the beastie from hell...who eats poison like it's a chocolate
candy bar!!! LOL Probably a mole....they are hard to kill or get rid of. And they are so cute...
if you ever actually see one on top of the soil. After I saw one we had...who destroyed our entire
back yard...I was amazed at how adorable and cute he was. Looked like some
Disney Character from the Movies.
My husband told me to bash it's head in with a shovel and I told him that no way could I kill a
Disney Mole. LOL And then I didn't even care that he made dirt mounds all over my yard.

So, good luck with that girlfriend!!!

Oh, and thank you so much for the Great Tea Pkg. Can't wait to try
the Teas. And I loved your tucks!!

Sabrina...we must have been posting at the same time. I see so much of me (when I was younger) in you...that need to always come to the rescue and do what no one else wants to step up to and do. Or your
head is full of so many cool ideas that you think you can take something on and it will be fun and exciting and challenging...that you don't anticipate the lack of help or the work truly involved to make it a success. Nobody can tell our personality type Not To Do
Something...just say NO...because No is not in our vocabulary. BUT
you will eventually learn that every "Need" does not have your Name penned on it. And just because nobody else is stepping up to do it...does not mean you have to. Make sure that God is actually calling you to do it. There is a Huge Difference. It took me the first 12 years of being a Christian to learn the hard way...what was God's Calling on my life and what was just a need that anyone could fill. ~ I am happy you guys are going to take some FUN day trips before you get ready for that big move. Taking time to build good memories with the kids is a very worth while endeavor.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 10 2016 11:44:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile
I got my tea package yesterday Judy - LOVE it!! I don't know if you made the envelope just for me or if everyone's decorated the same, but I loved it too :) Thanks a bunch! I hope your critter experience is a bit different from mine. We had a dead coon in the field across the road - not bad if you're not at the mail box - but 2 days later these showed up making a ruckus around the barn yard:

4 babies that were hungry and looking for their mom. So, we spent our 14th anniversary trying to find someone to take them. Turns out they're considered a nuisance animal and no one takes them, but it's illegal for us to feed them without a licence - go figure. We did find one place a couple hours away that would take them, but they informed us that coons accept other babies easily. I'm happy to say we successfully relocated them down to the woods with a new family.

I hope your critter moves on soon too!

Shannon- I'm praying for you and your family. I'm curious though - why no cows milk for Emmi? Is it because of your allergy? What are you using to make formula?

Well, unfortunately it's milking time already. I never seem to have enough time to write all I want to. Such is life right? I hope you all have a great weekend and stay cool. It's supposed to be 92 here tomorrow!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  9:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! Peg, if this critter is a mole, he's the BIGGEST mole in the history of moles. The hole is at least 10 inches in diameter. No, this is either a coon or a skunk(no smell though) or a groundhog. I'm guessing groundhog. Dave unwrapped another (candy bar)* giggle* for it and threw it down in the hole and I tried to throw the dirt back in again. We shall see what happens tomorrow. *sigh*
Heather, I did them mostly the same...BUT...since you have so many cows, I overly did yours on purpose! Hahaha
Glad you are liking them girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  12:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Judy...it could be a Badger too. You are going to Freak out if it sticks it's big head
out that hole and says Hello to you! I didn't know what size of critter you were talking
about. Do raccoons borough??? When ever I have seen them...they have been up in trees or
banging on someone's garbage can or stretching like a human after a long nap. LOL
Can't wait to find out what you have down that hole.

Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 11 2016 11:50:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  07:36:33 AM  Show Profile
OK gals, I went out and checked behind my stoop and it looks like something started to dig from the outside this time. Before, it dug from the inside and pushed all the dirt outward. Well, it started to dig, but stopped. I've always been told that if there is a dead animal in a burrow, other animals can smell it and won't go in. Hopefully that's the case and we can pack dirt back in there and use some of that instant cement, wet it down and hopefully not have any more troubles ...(IN THAT SPOT) anyhow! *giggle*
SO.... we will never know WHAT it was. Oh, Peg, I have never seen any badgers around these parts... but animals are wandering everywhere these days. Remember, if you saw the news last month, we had a black bear in a neighboring town, so, ya....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 11 2016 07:39:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  10:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I received your tea pkg today!!! Loved all those critters on the envelope and the perfect stamp! So, then I opened the envelope!Never heard of Ahmad Tea. I'm heating water for the Blackcurrant Burst right now! I've heard hot tea can cool you down. Anyway, the air is on. 98 degrees today. Yesterday we had a hot wind. I don't remember the last time I felt that. (I do get distracted when I have a sinus infection...) Back to the pkg.
I love the tucks! Thank you! Hand written notes! One would think you know me very well. Literally, that little saying with the heels (well, I don't really want to spoil the tucks for everyone else) but, I do that very thing. lol Always embarrassed my family all to heck! I don't care. It's like you chose those tucks just for me.You are the best.

Several years ago we took down an old chicken house. The ground underneath was perfectly plant free and perfect sized for my herb garden. So, I planted everything and next day there was a perfect round exit hole (about 10=12") right in the center of the garden.
We had a lot of limestone rock around. So, I dropped several pieces of rock down the hole and piled a couple of larger ones on top. Next morning, the rocks were pushed out onto the ground around the hole. I put the rocks back into the hole and placed a large stone on top. (There! Take that!) Next day, the electricity to our well went out. We live in the country. So, we called the well digger to come out and take a look. The only entrances to our house are two doors on the south side (front of house) and garage door. We had a deck that went across the front of the house passing by both doors. Had to remove half the deck to get to the well. Guess what?! Their was a exit hole like the one in the garden right in front of each door. The electrical wires were chewed right through! Yep, it was a groundhog! I guess if we were going to mess with his entrance/exit he was going to mess with ours bigger and better. (BTW: they are the largest member of the squirrel family) DH was able to live trap it. Very expensive herb garden. Now, when I see one of the critters we just try to live trap them..or use mothballs and bleach around their home if it is closer to the house than we would like. Oh, my...did I digress!?

You and Patsy have a wonderful sister time!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 11 2016 10:25:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Judith, You explained the rodent hole perfectly. And it's so smooth inside, like it was done with a machine of some kind. How do they do that? You'd think they'd get constipated & die from all that dirt-moving. You know they eat some, can't be avoided. Yes groundhogs are strong. I've had 2 for pets. Your story made me lol. Thanks for the relief. It's so hot today(93) But, Thank The Lord, very windy, and we don't have a/c, so I ran errands and loitered as much as I could w/o making them call the police for a "Shady-Lady-Lurking!"hahahaha We are suppose to be 75 tomorrow, so I'm waiting it out.No more hot weather the rest of the week.Yaaaa! We really need rain. It thundered once and sprinkled for 30 seconds... and was gone. Acckkk! The flowers had their tongues hanging out trying to catch droplets that I think were dry before they hit the ground! *sigh*
Thanks again for the giggle Judith and ...shhhhh....Don't Tell What the Teas & Tucks are until everybody gets them. Silly Girl!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  2:06:14 PM  Show Profile
BTW Heather, loved the pics of those adorable babies. My Grandpa(moms dad) had 2 for pets. We were raised with so many wild animals that everybody knew to bring hurt babies and orphans to my Mama to heal and release. She had that special something that she, no doubt, picked up from her Dad and her Grandma. They were all such gentle people. I Love ands Miss them ALL!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  9:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judy -
Thank you for the tea and tucks. I love trying new teas, and can't wait to try these.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2016 :  12:02:11 AM  Show Profile
Judy...are you really going to cement that hole???? Oh, my...you just might get the revenge of the
Ground Hog if you do that! Just like Judith did! LOL Sounds risky to me! We had such a network of
mole holes when we lived in our house that I thought the entire house was just going to fall into
a large sink hole made by moles!

Judith...I loved your story...that really was something. It is amazing how expensive pest control
can be. LOL Hope you and Judy both get some cooler weather. We are suppose to be sunny and 75 tomorrow...
and then back to rain for another week. I managed to get all my walking in despite the rainy weather...
I just headed out with an umbrella whenever it quit raining. Today it took my 3 walks...but hey, that is
ok. At least we get sun breaks through out the day.

Heather...I liked the pictures of your little Racoon Babies. But was glad for you that you found some
place that would take them. I am sure you don't need all the little extra mouths to feed.

Today I went shopping with my son and the two grand babies and the other Grandma. I was the "Watch the
Kids" person while my son and his MIL shopped. Then we went out to lunch for Thai Food! And met up
with my DIL after her meeting for work. So, it was a nice day and little Elijah said, "Grandma...I missed you!" And he wanted to hold my hand every where we walked. Love that! Makes my Heart so Happy!!!

OK...I'm pooped from all this rainy weather. I wish it didn't make me so fatigued.

Enjoy Your Sonday!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Peggy You are so right I am Jane purest and the whole zombie thing just bothered me. I am sure that Jane Austen is rolling in her grave lol.

I am currently reading the Aurora Teagarden mysteries. Hallmark movies and mysteries has based movies off of them. So far very good.

I am right now working on some school things. My principal has us on a summer schedule. Thank goodness accreditation only comes every 7 years and hopefully next year we will not have so many new teachers. I will be a mentor teacher this year. So that is something new for me.

well off I go. Just wanted to check in and see how yall were
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, I am like you when it comes to reading materials. Don't mess with an original. LOL
I'll have to check out 'Aurora Teagarden' mysteries. I hope the library has them.
It's only 85 today but I think it's getting muggier as the day wears on.
Washing quilts and hanging them out on the line before putting them into my wonderful, old
Lane Cedar Chest. Hahaha I never get tired of saying that.hahaha
Make it a 'lov-er-ly' spring day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  1:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Only 4 of you got your Tea Packages so far? Hmmm....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  3:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy...the other gals are probably Summer Busy...and you will eventually hear from them about
the Tea. I haven't tried them yet but they are calling my name. I need cold weather to drink
hot tea and today would be perfect. So, when I get back from BnN with hubby I will have a cuppa.
How is the Critter catching going???

Teacher Tammy...I love The Austen Books but the Pride & Prejudice and the Zombies was a quirky read
(and movie) and I loved it. I highly don't recommend it for you and Judy. LOL You would die of shock!
And Jane Austen probably has turned over in her grave several times now! I just ordered the first
book in the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries. I was surprised to see they were written by Charlene Harris.
I read 1/4 of the first book of her Vampire Series years ago and she was a bit too descriptive about Vampire Sex. I found myself blushing and shocked. On the other hand my sweet little MIL devoured them
all and just loved them. She said after the 2nd or 3rd book the sex went away. I just took her word for
it but the first book tainted my opinion of them and I never read any more. So, don't read her other series. It seems she wrote the first Teagarden book before the Vampire series it appears by the date of it.

Well, it is sure quiet on The Porch. I still am not getting notifications when people post on here but
at least they aren't going directly into my Spam File any more.

I am coloring a Huge Dragon Picture for a friend that is moving back to Colorado. I will show you a
picture of it when I get it finished.

Have a great day MY Ladies...

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  3:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Uh-oh... hope there's no sex n tea mixed. That could ruin a purely good cuppa tea for me! Tammy..... What do ya know about that?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  12:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I started the first Teagarden Mystery...I have read 3 or 4 chapters but no sex n tea
in the book so far...I am happy to report. Tammy is probably further a long than I am so...she
can add her two cents to this comment to. I'm with you...I don't need sex in any book I read.
And I find it highly over-rated the older I get. LOL!!!

Nighty Night Girls...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  6:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy So far the Teagarden books don't have any sex in them or otherwise I wouldn't read them. They are pretty good read so far and of course I think I am Aurora hahahah trying to solve the murder. The movies on Hallmark are great. They star Candace Bure as the main character. She was on Full House now I am really dating myself..hahah

Today we starting cleaning out my mother in law's house. She had so much stuff and trying to decide who gets what just makes my head hurt. I mean I love my hubby's family but sometimes they fight over the silliest things that should not be a big deal. Ok Done venting.

It is hot here today so I got my walk in early and then waited to water flowers and things tonight after it was much cooler.

well that is about it for now
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy - got my teas and tucks, and loved them - thank you so much! Actually, they have probably been at the post office for a few days, but with the new job I can't get there every day to pick up my mail.

Not much new around here in PA - been cold and rainy most of the time and also a lot of wind. Nothing is growing in the garden. Hoping for warm weather soon!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  8:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Jade Bloom is a new company. As people have started spreading word about them they've been able to start increasing their products. They don't have all the pyramid payments like Young Living and Doterra have so they're cheaper, like almost 1/2 price, than the other therapeutic brands. I used Now in the past also but never realized how poor a quality EO it was. I'm using up what I still have in my cleaning products. I've been seeing some tests of the different EO's and it's really low on the scale. I've used Aura Cacia since I first started using oils as it's the only EO I could find at that time. It's not a therapeutic grade so definitely not usable internally.

Judy - I did receive my tea package. Sorry I didn't get on to let you know. I can't wait to try them!

Peggy - I'm still trying to decide if I want to see the Zombie version of Pride & Prejudice. I'm a purist but the preview I saw did look interesting. I think I'd prefer a vampire version over zombies, they're just not my thing lol I'll probably break down and watch it though.

It's a warm evening here. We had 14 hours straight of rain yesterday so it's slightly muggy tonight from that. It was overcast this morning but became sunny over the afternoon.

I've rented a vendor table at an event this weekend called Buffalo City Extravaganza to try and get my name out more. Hopefully it will be successful. I did get a call from a woman this week from a flyer at the second vet clinic I put one in so I'm excited about that. I have my intake interview with her Friday and then I'll take care of her dogs from Saturday - Monday. I really need to get signed up for the Quickbooks for Small Businesses online so I can do more professional quotes. I hate to pay a monthly amount for it until I get some steady work coming in but it tracks everything.

Well I'm off to bed as I'm exhausted. I forgot to mention I made some apple & rhubarb crisp today and have some vanilla ice cream to top it with so feel free to enjoy :O) Have a great night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  03:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone :) I'm taking some time before everyone is up to post :) It has been a bus week and shows no signs of stopping! Monday we took the dog back to the vet and then that afternoon the air conditioner quit working. Thankfully we finally got someone out to fix it Tuesday late afternoon. It was pretty sweltering in here! Yesterday was Emi's physical therapy and then a field trip to a local goat farm. Love love love that goat farm! The owner even took the time to give us a "trimming hooves" demonstration. It is from her that we get our raw milk to make Emi's supplemental formula. Today the movers are coming to take a look at what they will be packing and moving next week, when we move into base housing. We also need to go pick up our CSA veggies. Tomorrow we have my oldest's last riding lesson here in SC, as well as a follow up for Emi with the doctor. Saturday we are headed to the aquarium. Not a single free day!

Yikes and there are the kids! Oh well for more quiet time this morning :) I did get my tea packet and am loving it :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  06:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....

Yes, I know I am up early this morning. I didn't really sleep last night. My Fibro is in a raging
flare. We have had storm system after storm system this week/sometimes 3 or 4 a day. I have still
been walking my 4-6 miles a day despite the pain but I am going to have to take a break from it
today and try to make up my miles on Sunday. We are suppose to have nicer weather on the Weekend.
I am just exhausted and wish I could both sleep and also stuff myself into a tube of Deep Heat Bengay
and just stay there for about 24 hours.

Shannon...your family sounds very busy...but sounds like you are getting some fun mixed in with all
your moving work and taking care of the kiddos work. I'm glad you were able to get base housing.

Prairie Tammy...I will pray that your Vendor Table at the Extravaganza will be a complete success for
getting your name out in the Community. And good for you for getting info. into some of the Vet
Offices too. Sounds like you are working-it girl!!! ~ Like you...I am not a Zombi Fan either but I
do like it when people go for the unusual twist on a story here and there. Do you or any of our other
Porchies watch the TV Show Grimm? It is filmed across the Bridge in Portland and I watched a couple
of Seasons of that and really liked it until they started going into More Violence in the show. It is
definitely a Pop Culture Show...but I liked the premise of it...something new and a little off the
wall. The Actors and Actresses also do a lot of community outreach in Portland/Vancouver and really
love our Cities and local Area.

Teacher Tammy...I am liking Miss Aurora Teagarden too. I am not getting much reading done at night
like I normally do...because I am so physically exhausted... I fall asleep 10 minutes after I crawl
into bed. Which makes me mad...because that has always been my best reading time. LOL I have also
started The Molly Murphy Mysteries on Audible when I walk. I had gotten a really good buy on one of
the last books in that series which got me hooked. So, now I am going back and listening to them
from Book 1. Which I started yesterday. I discovered I had read this first book years ago...so I will
listen to it again...so I get all the characters down and then listen to them all in sequence.
I have listened to all her (Rhys Bowen/the Author) other series and loved it. It is also a Mystery
Series.

Well, I just popped a Tylenol 3 and hope it will put my to sleep for 3 or 4 hours of catch-up sleep.

Judy...still waiting to hear about your critter adventure! Also...I think you will like this Teagarden
Mystery Series. I might lead you astray...but Teacher Tammy never will. LOL When is Patsy suppose
to come visit????

Have a Wonderful Thursday Girlies...

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile
WOW, so much happening. So glad to hear that you all are getting those Tea Packages. Was wondering if I was going to have to borrow Pegs' Posse...to go, seek, find! Hahaha
I experienced an 'Amazing Weather Phenomena' this morning. I MUST share. I had Goosebumps... thought Jesus was coming for sure! I will never forget it. I awoke to raindrops hitting my windowsill at 8:25 so I got up and shut windows, went to bathroom and was just enjoying the coolness of the morning. We had a very muggy day yesterday,90, miserable. As I was walking from the bathroom I noticed a sound of very soft thunder and rumbling so I went to an east window. I knelt in front of it and listened. No birds, no wind just thunder. Or was it? What was it? I've been thru a tornado here before, back in 92 I think it was, so I remembered that constant rumbling sound before it hit. But this was different somehow...softer...didn't stop... was solid soft rumbling...for 20 MINUTES!!! It was gray/silver skies, so lightening was hard to detect, but it was there, flickering, constant, for 20 MINUTES!!! If you've ever seen a war movie where you hear bombs and rumbling and see flashing in the distance, then you know the sound and scene. I finally called Patsy(sure do miss Mama at times like these when we shared everything as it happened) and told her, blow by blow, as it happened. Hated to wake her up that early, but I had to tell somebody! She is expecting a new G-baby at any minute so sleep is a very slim-n-appreciated commodity for her right now. It's her youngest sons first child and he calls her and Facebook's her constantly. She told him that the doc should give HIM an anxiety pill. Hahaha
Anyhow, she said I was giving her Goosebumps just describing it all to her. I'm so sensitive to sounds and storms that I just thought it was me... over-reacting, but she assured me that I wasn't and to call her anytime and share things like this. As we were talking, it slowly started to move off to the S.E.
I WILL (((NEVER))) forget this whole thing!!! It was an 'Amazing Weather Phenomena!'
Have any of you ever witnessed this? (Goosebumps!!!)...STILL!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 16 2016 08:01:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  11:38:35 AM  Show Profile
I have never experienced that weather phenomena before; but, you just gave me goosebumps too. Glad you had Patsy to talk it through with.

We just had what I call another 8 yr. flood in our basement. When our house was built the foundation was blasted out of limestone. The house was built by the "engineer/owner". So, I guess he took a few shortcuts. Anyway, every 8 yrs., in June, we have a heavy/fast enough rain and the clean rain/ground water starts pouring in through our basement floor. (The last time this happened I was still employed and a co-worker offered me her Bissell rug shampooer to help suck up the water. I bless her every time I think of it). This seems to work even better than the shop vacs. So, we had a shampooer from last time. Last night we purchased another one. The seeping usually lasts about 3 days. This is the third day. In the mean-time our basement has to be emptied except the largest of items which we work around. I think we will be able to save the carpeting this time as we started working on it right away. Our living room and bedrooms now look like storage lockers and will until the carpet is dry and basement aired out.
This time I kept wishing I had a cow tank outside to pour all that beautiful clean water into to recycle (water plants and garden, water for flushing in case power goes out.)

We also had our concrete driveway dug out and redone properly an made a little larger. This was on the same day we got our rain. Not 3 minutes after the workers completed smoothing the new concrete, the sky opened and the rain came pouring down! You should have seen the looks on the faces as they bolted for their trucks! I felt so sorry for them after all their hard work. The rain ended up ruining the concrete. The men came back the next day and took the new concrete out. As soon as they finished loading the last of the new/ruined concrete into the dumpster the sky opened up again! The rain came down so fast! Those poor guys haven't been back since. They will be though. It's a reputable company.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page