Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  11:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! I'm doing Christmas cards today... and probably tomorrow too. I can never get them done in a day either.
I actually saw the sun this morning... first time in awhile. It's gone now though. Suppose to only be in the 30's for a few days, plus a little snowfall. I'm soooo ready.
We went to Goodwill the other day and Dave always buys books there. They're only a dollar. When he got home and opened it... he found $15.00. What a shock huh?
I just had my daily chocolate from an Advent calendar Dave gave me the other day. He left it on a kitchen chair for me to find. Each day you open has a chocolate and a message about the nativity. How fun is that?/!Have a good day girlie's and like Peg said... don't forget to breath! Let's enjoy the season! God want's us too!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  3:59:40 PM  Show Profile
WOWSIE Judy...Dave got a free book and an extra $14.00 in his pocket. NOT BAD!!! NOT BAD AT ALL!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile

Good evening ladies. We're still digging out from the blizzard that hit us as you can see in the picture above taken after I got home tonight. The porch has been shoveled several times already too. The whole state has been shut down for 2 days and I think they shut the freeway down again because of road conditions. Winds are whipping the snow around at over 60 mph causing white outs. Not fun to drive in at all. I was able to get into work yesterday and today but many couldn't. Matt called in yesterday about 3 (he starts at 4:20)and the message said they were working. He got there and nobody was there. Finally got a hold of someone and was informed that they'd posted after 4 that they were staying closed (grrr).

For those not on my FB page, here's a pic I posted of little man on his Pooh rocker. I posted this on my blog too, I just think it's so cute lol

Judy - that's an awesome deal on books. That's how Matt and I get most of our books. I rarely buy new unless it's super cheap on Kindle.

Peggy - I haven't been able to walk outside in ages as you can see from the pic above. It's hard to drive unless you have a 4x4. I shudder thinking about trying to climb through the 2+ foot drifts. I do plan on getting out my snow shoes this weekend for a try though :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  04:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, he's so cute. Nice snow too.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile
P. Tammy...Yes, Indeed Girlfriend...YOU'VE GOT SNOW!!! BRRRR! Looks Mighty Cold to me.
We are suppose to get 1-3 inches of snow today with freezing rain later on. Not Much Fun!!!
I will love seeing the snow fall but man it is bitter cold out. 32 degrees but strong winds that make the wind chill factor in the low 20's
(OK...I hear you laughing at me from here) LOL

I thought I was getting a head cold yesterday but it turned out to be just a bad allergy. Probably too much sugar. I have such a hard time
refusing sweets this time of year...but I don't want to gain back my 35 lbs I lost and with out being able to walk I need to just say
"NO" to the sugar!!!

Jasper is really cute and I'm glad to hear that Matt is getting off on being a Grandpa.
I think I have my son until the first of the year...but he has really been no problem. He stays away a lot hanging out with friends from
his work. I seriously want him to look for some other place to go after the New Year. For his sake...he needs his own place. It can not
be too comfortable crashing on our sofa and living out of a storage box of clothes.

Well try to stay warrm everyone. The News People and the Police here are telling people to stay inside if you don't have to drive. Sounds
like a plan to me. People here do NOT know how to drive in snow and they are crazy! Seattle is even worse because they have many many
steep hills and people will be get half way up and then end up sliding back down and wiping out all the cars behind them. It's sadly funny
to watch. LOL I know I have a sadistic sense of humor, right?

Big Hugs and Snowman Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 08 2016 10:16:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  6:26:27 PM  Show Profile
We have a cold front moving in for the weekend but it will be dry. No snow yet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  3:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Got Christmas shopping done and wrapped except for Jay's and Kayleigh's that I did on line. I've been listening to Christmas music on sirusxm in the car.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  4:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I've been MIA for so long, that I'm not even going to try to go back and catch up - just go forward from here. I've spent a good share of the last 2 months going back and forth to Vermont. Mom's mobility is getting worse, and it's decision time about how much longer she is going to be safe living alone. She will be 88 next month and doesn't have anyone close by to help her. It's a big decision, and one that isn't easy for her to make.

I received my last two tea packets - thank you ladies! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get on-line and thank you properly. No internet service at Mom's house.c

Peggy - are you still taking names for 2017's tea swap, or am I too late? I hope after New Year's to have time to spend on-line again. I really miss reading everyone's news even if I don't get to post often.

Will be heading back to Vermont in about 10 days, so hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year's.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  10:17:07 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

quote:

quote:

OK MY Porchies TIME TO SIGN UP FOR THE 2017 TEA SWAP:

This is a First Come Sign-Up and Once We have all 12 Months Filled it is closed off. Please email me with your name and the Month You would like.
And then I will fill in the Names on This Month List. You may want one Month but someone may sign up for it before you emailed me. So, when that happens
I just ask you to take the next open month. For those who are New to the Tea Swap we usually send 2 Tea Bags of Your Choice to the Other 11 Porchies.
And if you want to include Tucks that is just fine...but not necessary. It is totally up to you. You can mail out any time during your month it is totally
up to you.

January...Peggy Smith/LadyInRed

February...Darlene Riboldi/Healing Touch

March...Lenora/Firecatnic

April...Heather Neeper/nndairy

May...Luanne/Beekeepergirl

June...Judy/Herblady55

July...Tammy/tea_Lady_tammy

August...Patsy Shuman/Craftbug

September...Becky/Ladybeck9756

October...Sabrina/Sobyn

November...Tammy/Prairie Gypsy

December...Shannon/hudsonsinaf

Hugs and Happy Tea Sharing,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 11 2016 8:00:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow Girls...last year I had to turn people away for The Tea Swap. We still have to spots open as you can see from the above re-post.
I will contact Heather and see if she wants in. Judy can you contact Patsy for me?

Our Snow is almost gone. Pretty while it lasted. Suppose to snow for 3 days next week. We will see.

Luanne it was good to hear from you and as you can see I put you down for April on The Tea Swap!

Have Fun Girls...Christmas Shopping or whatever you will be doing this weekend!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  4:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Sure Peg, I'll check... but with moving in the spring and all.....I don't know.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  4:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok, patsy said she would like August. She can't do spring.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  9:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I forgot Patsy's farmgirl name. For some reason this year I decided to add that on my list...go figure! But I would appreciate finding out.

ONE Spot left girls. I am waiting to hear from Heather Neeper to see if she wants that last spot. I will keep you all posted.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  09:16:45 AM  Show Profile
I will take April if Heather does not want it.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  09:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

We are still busy settling in of course. It looks like one of our shipments will be delivered this week. I'm hoping the other arrives this week too, especially since mom (SylviaE) is supposed to be here Friday. I've been working on getting things organized and put away as best I can so there isn't a mess when the movers come.

We have visited one church but decided to stay home and "rest" today, hubby was having headaches the last couple days so I think he should take it easy. He doesn't really get headaches. I took my oldest to AWANA Wed and we went to a Christmas party for the homeschool group we will be part of yesterday. The kids enjoyed the party, I'm glad they had the chance to get out and meet some people. It was fun but a little weird for me to be the "new person" after running the group in Germany for almost 2 years.

I also went to an event for the spouses in hubby's unit. There were 4 ladies there besides the commander's wife and I. I kind of left feeling old as the other ladies (including the commander's wife) were all quite a bit younger with much less military experience. But it was nice to get out. The post is really nice, lots of old/original buildings from when it was a prairie outpost which is really cool!

We also got a new dog...Here is a pic of her but not very good since she jumped in the pond as soon as we got home :). She is Akbash/Anatolian mix. We wanted a companion for our other dog because he has such severe separation anxiety. So far it seems to be working beautifully! She is sweet and calm but still playful with him so just the right temperament.

It has been cold here but very little snow. We have been using our wood stove which is lovely but the thermostat is in the room with the stove so when it is running the rest of the house gets really cold. Most nights we have been hot in the bedroom upstairs but night before last, after having a fire all day, we were freezing upstairs at night so we have to figure out how to balance the nice fire and not freeze in the rest of the house.

Well I'm off to tackle more of my to-do list. Seems like it hasn't shrunk any since the move. At least there aren't a million holiday parties demanding our attention this year!

Peggy-October is perfect I put it in my calendar thanks!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  10:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! We have been super busy the last couple days. Our household goods finally arrived here on Friday. There were only two guys to unload, so all of us older than 7 pitched in to help! Unfortunately, the movers that put our things in boxes and storage did not mark a box as hardware, so they didn't put our things together (rule is that what they take apart they have to reassemble). After they left, I spent the next couple hours searching for our hardware. Praise God, He led me to a small unmarked box. In it was our hardware! We spent the rest of Friday assembling a crib, bed, two sets of bunk beds, and our bed. I also moved around the furniture in the living room so we could sit on it. There are no words to describe how nice it was to eat dinner at a dining room table, and sleep in our beds!!! Yesterday I worked on unpacking the kitchen and our cold storage room, where all my herbs , mason jars, and supplies for canning and dehydrating are. Then last night we took the night off unpacking, and spent it putting the Christmas tree and decorating some :) Today so far has been spent unpacking our bedroom... which is also my craft room for now. The children already have their bedrooms done and are enjoying their things again :) Funny thing is that the first thing they all went for was their school books that we didn't bring with us!?!? We have been doing more unschooling/life schooling with not bringing all their books, and I guess they missed their normal books :)

Sabrina - so glad that you guys are settling in so well and everything is going so wonderfully! Your dog is beautiful :) I love that your mom is coming out so soon!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Yay for Household goods!!!

The dogs got out right after I posted earlier. Hubby said he isn't chasing them, so I went after them. Those darn things have cost me entirely too much money to loose them!!! I found them two houses down (1/4-1/2 mile away), the neighbor had got them in her fence and posted on FB that she found them. Glad I went after them because I wasn't in the group she posted in and obviously they couldn't come back. She must have caught them immediately because they weren't out more than 15 minutes total. They pushed past my 7 year old when she opened the gate....hope they don't make a habit of that. I told the kids from now on if someone needs to open the gate there needs to be two of them to make sure the dogs don't get out.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  6:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, you don't need to be chasing dogs-we don't need that baby to arrive before I can get there!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  7:37:30 PM  Show Profile
Peg, Patsy's username is 'craftbug'. She'll be glad she got August. Thank you! She's having puter troubles since she got home. She's tried to get on here to chat with you all, but she keeps getting knocked off. Gotta love those mountains. They may or may not let you through cyberspace.(I think mountain puter gremlins are the worst) *giggle*
We had snow showers all day with about 2 inches accumulation. Now that it's night we're having sleet. Poor Dave said it was slick coming home tonight... wait till morning.... it's gonna be nasty. Prayers welcome, please!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  8:40:46 PM  Show Profile
dear Porchies...

We Now Have a Full Calendar for the 2017 Tea Swap....THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU WHO SIGNED UP TO PARTICIPATE!!!

I will type up the list and email it to you in January...then you will check it for miss spelled names and wrong addresses etc.

Sylvia...thanks so much for volunteering to sign up for April. Normally I would have immediately have put you down but since I had first asked Heather
if she wanted to participate again...I had to give her first option and she decided that YES she wanted back in. But thank you so much!

Shannon and Sabrina...so happy that your belongings are finally catching up to you guys. That would be hard to have to wait once you are where you are where
you will be living. I can imagine sometimes people have to wait even longer than you guys did. I am NOT good at waiting. I have to have all my crature comforts
or I'm like a snail without a shell. LOL Sabrina...your dog is pretty. Never heard of that breed before but looks like a friendly dog. Those two dogs will
probably take you on many an adventure as they become fast pals. LOL I heard the concern in your moms voice...as she warned you not to chase after the dogs and
start your labor before she gets there. A typical Grandmother and Mother. I had similar thinking knowing you are pregnant..."send your hubby after the dogs!" LOL

Thanks Judy for telling me Patsy's Farmgirl name. When I saw it...I thought "Duh...I knew that!" *engage brain* We are suppose to get more snow and freezing rain
this week too with high temps in the low 30's. I will have another week of watching for the breaks in the rain to go walk Snickers for his mile walk/and I really
bundle up nice and warm. We will be praying for Dave's commutes too. Slick roads are NOT fun.

Well, I have a sink of dishes calling my name...I better go give them some attention/as I refuse to wake up to dirty dishes.

Stay warm, dry and safe girls...but enjoy all the things that make Christmas Special For You!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2016 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile
My sister's Christmas party yesterday was very nice. A lot of little kids running around. I ended up with fishing lures as my gift. It's odd being the third oldest one in the room.
We had a chance for freezing rain this morning but it was warm enough that it was just rain and all over with by the time I left for work. The moon was really large this evening on the way home.
Glad you girls are getting settled in your new places before Christmas.
Can't wait for the tea swap to start.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2016 :  5:35:23 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
It is a very cold evening here. Just thought I would pop in and say hi. We had my school Christmas program and cookie walk yesterday. It went well but I am happy it is done. This week is fairly normal and I am thankful for that.

I am happy Peggy that I can be part of the tea swap again. I really missed it this year. Sometimes you just have to say yes. :)
well not much else here. Just wanted to say hello and hope you had a great MOnday.
love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  05:23:27 AM  Show Profile
Peggy and Mom...I had to go after them. Dustin refused and I have spent WAAAAY too much money on them to just let them go like that. Glad I did because I might never have realized they were at the neighbor's if I hadn't. Poor Luke was probably going nuts because I was blowing the whistle to recall him and he couldn't get out of her fence. It all happened in about 15 minutes. A walk isn't going to put me in labor :). Believe me if I made the trip without anything happening I'm pretty sure nothing is bringing this baby before it is ready.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  09:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...you are right Darlen...but Mother's will be Mother's and Grandmother's right? LOL I would have done and said the same thing at your age
and condition and your mom would have too. Just know that you are Loved and Cared About!

Teacher Tammy we are Happy You Are back in this year too!!! Too much fun to miss out on! It is cold here this week and they are saying we are going
to have another snow and ice event this week. Please pray that my Bible Study Christmas Party doesn't have to be canceled again this week. In over
20+ years we have never had to cancel until this year.

Nora...feel blessed that you didn't get that freezing rain! That is probably the most dangerous winter event we get as it always means power outages,
downed trees from the ice build up on them, and car wrecks galore. Portland Or (right across the river from me) had 225 downed trees and many many
areas with no electricity for a couple of days. We had some downed trees and a small percentage of areas with no electrical for hours not days.

Judy...I was bummed to hear Patsy couldn't get her internet to work. It would have been great to have her on The Porch for a little Chat. We miss her.
Thanks for the Christmas Card Girlfriend!!!

Well, yesterday we just had a small family Party for miss Savannah's Birthday! And then we took her out for Ice Cream. Her first ever sweet treat! She loved
it but you could tell she got a bit of cold-throat or brain freeze from it because she would squint her eyes and shake her head and shoulders like it was
shocking to her system. After half a dozen bites she got use to it (just about the time her mama was going to take it away). Such a little cutie pie. She is
going to have her real party on Saturday.

Well, I get to watch my two darlings tonight while mommy and daddy go to a Bank Christmas Party. Should be fun and exhausting both. LOL I think I will skip
grandma day tomorrow as I am having lots of grands time this week and next week too.

Have a Wonderful Day Girls and Enjoy the Christmas Events in your area.

Love and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile
Went out to go to work this morning and there was a little gray tiger stripped kitten in the yard. I gave it milk and a little cat food. When I got home this evening it had multiplied and there are two of them. So hungry and snoopy, climbing everywhere. Cleo is on the shelf above the drink refrigerator on the back porch. Don't know if I'll get to keep both of them, but fingers crossed.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page