Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, this is what I am currently reading: on my phone, [/u"]How The Light Gets In" by Louise Penny. (I read this while I am stuck in the car in town...DH is running errands. "Voyage In Time"by Monique Martin (the Out Of Time series), on my NOOK, while waiting at appts. "Endangered", a Sam Westin Mystery by Pamela Beason. In hardback I am reading a series: "Lee Child/Night School". DH reads a book in that series first, then I read it, then we pass it on to a friend, then our grandson. I just finished "Hero of Hacksaw Ridge" by Booton Herndon. I am also reading a couple of chapters at a time allowing time to think on them: "the life-changing magic of tidying up" by Marie Kondo. (That one is helping me downsize) and "The Joy OF Poetry"[u] by Megan Willome. This one gives me smiles and a little peace. You may remember from my tea exchange that I included a poem. It was one of hers and how I discovered this book. I guess I have a variety of interests. Of course, this does not include the different magazines I read.

I can't believe the week you had!!! Glad to hear it is going better! Happy Birthday to the Miracle Baby!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jan 17 2017 10:51:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Bridge, I wish we had a canvas painting class around here. I think they had one a couple of years ago. Would love to have a family one. I hear you about disagreements with DH. Glad its settled. After ours were settled I would be so upset. But, he would watch his tv and just laugh at the silliness, and be able to eat. I would totally lose my appetite, and be totally depressed and he never noticed. after 43 years we hardly ever disagree...I guess we have learned to pick our battles or we just handle things differently now.

Darlene, I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. We get flu shots every year. Knock on wood. We have been blessed.

Wow, Becky! a tornado in your home? It seemed like you just got things in place. Now, back to your fixing up. Ours is going so slowly I often forget we are fixing up.

Nora, I used to do spur of the minute things with my hair too. Do you like it? I wonder how your first day back to work went. I wonder if you will actually retire or do something else.

How was the bone broth, Judy"

Peggy, that Elijah made me laugh..what a trip!

Our second oldest dggd was face messaging with us the other night. I can't believe she just turned 3 1/3/17. She can spell her first and last name and say her address when asked. Is that usual for that age? I don't remember. But of course this g-grandma was in awe!

Sabrina, my dgd who is living with us is due any day also. Oh, my! I can't remember what to do. I am making burp cloths today. I hope everything goes easy for you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
Day two of no school due to ice. Sunday and Monday were terrible but thankfully we kept power. There was very little wind so that was good. But roads have been terrible. The main roads are good but country and side roads in town not so good. My driveway is a sheet of ice. But the sun is out and so hopefully it will melt some of it and the temps are in the 40's the next few days. I have been reading, having tea, and doing miscellaneous things. Even both sons had their college classes cancelled.

No bible study tonight either so I have to wait one more week for our new study. But we have so many who live in country or are older we were afraid they would fall. It is not worth that at all.

Anyway just thought I would pop in and say hello.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  12:00:03 PM  Show Profile
OK Ladies...I just posted 6 pictures and some of my responses and all of a sudden it flipped me to the MJF Store. Grrr
I will come back tonight or tomorrow when I have cooled off from my "MAD".

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  4:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Yes I do like my hair cut. I do plan to totally retire. I have gardening in the warm weather and a lot of new things I want to learn to do. That's why I joined the Sisterhood. Knitting and crocheting are in my future.

I think all the cats are one the mend and well now.

I made my seed inventory yesterday. The ones I have to buy will be either heirloom or organic. I was surprised how many organic packs I already had. Have to get to the barn and get some cow waste to add to my compost pile and get the chickens working on it.
Lots to do when I have all day everyday to do it.

How's Jasper doing? I kinda feel like he's kin to me.

Judith- its so great that she know her name and address. If her mommy gets lost it will help them get back together fast as long as she's outgoing and will tell the police what she knows.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! It's a balmy 32' tonight which is causing major fog with all the snow still on the ground. It's supposed to stay above freezing all weekend so I'm hoping some of this stuff will melt without causing more ice build up. One can hope :O)

Jasper is doing well other then he's breaking 5 new teeth in and has been super cranky. Two have broken through so he's still got 3 more working there way up. His poor little gums are swollen and red. The other night I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or cry at the sweetness of the little fellow. He woke up about 12:30 and didn't want his bottle so I picked him up and was gently patting him on the back and rocking him. I felt him move his arm over the top of my shoulder and then the next thing I feel is him patting me on the back! He did it for a few minutes and the moved his arm again and went around the side of my arm and was patting my back. He is such a sweety! I'm enjoying a night off from babysitting the little guy. Love him but I'm really needing some space right now.

Well I'm going to go enjoy some reading time. Have a great weekend ladies!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  04:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello all-just wanted to report in that my daughter Sabrina (SobyN) gave birth to my grandchild #5 this morning-his name is Dylan Robert. I

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  09:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Sweet little boy. Enjoy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  09:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing the news and photo with us, Sylvia E. I've been waiting to hear this news! I hope Sabrina is doing well and Dylan is sure a cutie! He looks so alert!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Yay!!!! So happy for Sabrina!!!! Please give her our love!!! He is adorable <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  12:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations mommy and grand mom. Baby is beautiful. Praying for many blessings and love.

PGTammy, oh how sweet little Jasper is. They know who loves them. Pat, pat! Sore gums, ouch! I hear you about needing time off. When my first grandson(now 14)was born, I would get him 6am, hand him off at 2:45 and go to work for 3-11. I would have 24-32 patients. I never got out at 11:30, more like 1:30am. Then my daughter had my second gs in 14 months and I informed her I was to old and tired to babysit 2 babies and then go to work. I then worked 7-3 and had the babies after work! Still was tired! It surely did form a special bond that we still have! We were at the 14 year olds basketball game on Monday and I had m&m's in my purse for the 3 younger kiddos. The youngest , 4, was sitting by me and said," manny(instead of nanny like the others call me) you are so pretty". I said "isn't my hair crazy?" He put his little hands on my hair and told no I was so pretty! Precious memories! When I told my husband he said he must need glasses!LOL! Enjoy your special times.

Love to all! I made a funny cake for you to enjoy! You'll find it on the table between the rockers! Pot of tea to keep you warm too!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  3:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sylvia...I just got on to share the News...but SO HAPPY YOU DID it first! It should come from
Grandma or Mom. He is beautiful!! Give Sabrina and Family our Love! And thanks for sharing the
Picture too!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  5:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Sabrina and Sylvia! Dylan is adorable.

Tammy- Hope you enjoyed your evening off. I like kiddos, but my nerves can only handle handle small doses at a time. (There might be a reason I don't have kiddos)

Darlene - The love of little ones is like that of no other! Thanks for the cake and tea.....I really needed that.

Shannon- Praying for Blake.I hope you & DH gallbladder have chilled out, that is no fun. Happy Birthday to miracle-daughter.

Nora- Some days it is all I can do to not take the scissors to my hair, LOL. How exciting to know retirement and you-time is just around the corner! Congrats!

Rebecca- home remodel work is so hectic, but so nice when complete. Says the gal with underlayment as her current kitchen floor!!

I just stopped by the porch real quick, I am exhausted. I went to work early 6:45am, and planned to leave early. Well that didn't happen I ended up working till 5:30. The day started with people saying "we're so glad your here" (never a good thing in my job, lol) They were stating all the printers were broken. It ended up not being all and not really my issue, but they wouldn't listen and call the team I told them too. Then I was on a support call for 3 hours of the afternoon. It made me brain dead. The tech was from India and had a very strong accent and spoke fast. I had to constantly ask for clarity. Thank goodness for remote screen sharing and control. At least I think we got the issue resolved, but I am spent. I don't even think I have the energy to stitch or craft. I might just call it a night.
Tomorrow I volunteer at the Library from 10-2. That is my fun "job".

Highlight of the day!! My amber-lepidolite-black tourmaline necklace from inspiredbyfinn was in my mailbox.

Have a great weekend my porch pals!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Bridge on Jan 20 2017 5:39:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  7:12:31 PM  Show Profile
awwww... Welcome little Dylan! Congrats Mommy Sabrina(and daddy)of course! *giggle*
We are having some really warm weather... high 50's today and tomorrow, maybe low 60's. Way too warm for January in N.E. Ohio....BUT God knows best, right?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  1:24:22 PM  Show Profile
welcome Baby Dylan. Congrats Mommy Sabrina and daddy too.
So precious.
Blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  2:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Sabrina on your new son. He is adorable.

Bridgette I feel for you. I have a total of 7 rooms counting the hallway downstairs and 3 rooms plus 3 closets upstairs. A total of 10 rooms and 3 closets. The 3 closets are done except the floors. We will be cleaning them up and painting them. They are done in what they call a tongue and groove wood. They came out really nice. Downstairs I now have my living room completely put back together, painted and all. My craft room is painted, but I still have to put it back together so that will probably be done tomorrow. The kitchen, mud (coat) room, Paul's man cave are all being done in the tongue and groove style also. The kitchen is almost done. They only have trim and my shelving units to complete and then it will be done. The mud (coat) room the tongue and groove is about 1/4 finished but it is coming along nicely. The dining room is probably going to be the last room that will be completed, as it is the holding area for furniture, things and the men's tools, paint, etc. Upstairs, I think that we shall be painting one room each weekend and when I do the doors, I will be also painting the floors in the closets. The hallway upstairs will be done in the tongue and groove and I am having a new floor put in. The floor boards are done, (cut, stained and varnished) but I think they need to do the walls and ceiling before the new floor. So the bedrooms and bathroom will be done before that is finished. Paul's man cave I am not sure what is left up there, that is Paul's domain and I like what they have done so far. I will take pictures tomorrow and post the finished rooms in my thread title "New Life" for everyone to look at.
Other than all the remodeling work in my house, I found 3 lumps in my right breast and am going to Bangor on Thursday for a biopsy. Please include me in your prayers that the results will come back in the negative.
Have a good evening and look for pictures tomorrow.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you, Becky!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  5:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky,
You are in my prayers. If I can be of any support please email me. Been there.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  11:52:51 PM  Show Profile

Hello My Porchies...yes, it took me awhile to get over my frustration with my 6 Photos and Post flying out to Cyber Space. So, as not to gamble again I am only posting the best two out of 6. As you can see...We got Snow!!!

Becky...I am so sorry dear girl to hear about the lumps in your breast. Keeping you in my prayers as I know it is hard NOT to worry! Please keep us posted as you find out the results of your biopsies. Darlene has been through Breast Cancer and she is a Nurse...so, talk to her via email if you need a woman confidant. ~ I need to check out your pictures but probably not get to it until late tomorrow.

Bridge...I remember those hectic days with Computer Techs trying to get My Store Computers back on line. Turns your brain into mush that is for sure.
As computers and technology got better we had less and less Computer Problems. And I even got smarter and smarter doing most of it myself in the end.

Darlene...glad to see your smiling face on The Porch. I know you're smiling even if I can't really see you. LOL Loved the Grandson story...how precious they are. I just got home from spending some time with mine. Don't you love when they are so sweet and think you are the best thing in the World this side of peanut butter and jelly?

Judy...Wow girlfriend you are having some nice weather. Have you drug out the shorts and sandals yet? After our snow melted here (mostly gone except the big hills the plows built up in the parking lots) people started wearing their shorts again. LOL We are a strange bunch in the Pacific Northwest...we (some of us) wear shorts and burkenstocks all year long and I'm NOT joking.

Sabrina...hope that darling little boy is getting lots and lots of LOVE from everyone. His big sister seems rather smitten with him. Is your Mom still there? I'm sure it will take you awhile to get back on the Porch but we are keeping you all in prayers

Well, just so all you Tea Swappers know...one of the tucks...has still not arrived but I am working on a couple others. If the slow boat from China (LOL) ever arrives I will save them for next years Tea Swap. Hope to get the pkgs out this next week and also post the Tea Exchange List.

Have a Great Lords Day Ladies...and keeping you all in prayer and special thoughts. You are ALL the Best!!!

Love, Hugs, Joy and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 23 2017 09:36:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Just hopped on to make sure someone shared the news and see that my mom got here pretty quickly! She isn't actually here Peggy she will be here for a couple days later this week then will come back when hubby has to go back to work. I'll try to post a few more pics. He was 7lbs 14oz, 20" long born Friday morning at 4:40am. It was a long and exhausting labor but we are both doing well just trying to catch up on rest.

Becky I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful children, Sabrina! Big sisters look enthralled. You take care of your self too!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh good she did get here-I was coming to post the pic with the oldest-it's my favorite so far! And the picture with grand #2 and #5 is new to me too-love it too-I cannot wait until I get my arms wrapped around all of them on Wednesday!!!!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, looks like you have some great helpers. He's a beautiful baby boy.
Becky I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
PeggyAnn, wish I had a little of that snow. It's been in the 50's and 60's here in the mountains of Virginia.

Finally got to go out for my birthday meal yesterday. We went to Red Lobster, of course. They had some really good new sides, I had butternut squash and carrots in a brown sugar sauce and a caprice salad. Better than the old baked potatoes.

It's been some nice porch sitting, tea drinking weather. Have a great week, ladies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  7:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Awwww... love the baby and kiddos pics!
...and SNOW!!! Yikes Peg, you weren't kidding! We had 65 today and I went for a walk and just chatted with all the neighbors out enjoying it. Snow and low 30's in a couple of days. Even though it was 65, that air was still chilly. Wore a heavy sweatshirt over my t-shirt and camisole. I love wearing layers in winter. Always have the option of shedding a couple of them. Pasty is having even warmer weather than we are in those N.C. mts. She's been doing a lot of work in her yard since she was gone most of the late fall and early winter, when raking was in order. She started packing a few things too.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  10:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies! Life here is extremely stressful, but blessed when I look at everything God has graced us with! You have probably seen on other boards that it looks like Blake is losing the fight. In just a few weeks is his birthday... his first birthday... and he may not make it. Just typing those words, my heart is breaking and tears are flowing. Please know that I am on here, keeping up with everyone and reading, but I am extremely emotionally drained and won't be posting much right now... my introvert self is just too over stimulated!

Sabrina - beautiful baby boy and love the pictures of your older girls with him!

Becky - Praying for you my friend!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page