Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  3:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I'm so sorry! you and your family are in my prayers!!

Tammy-prayers for you too that everything works out and you get settled soon.

I would type more but I'm typing with one hand so more later!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  3:42:39 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, so sorry to hear of your dad's heart attach. I'll say some prayers for you all.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  4:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have three more days next week. Have to walk Jill through the end of the month stuff one more time. I hope retirement is half what I want it to be.
Shannon, how is your dad doing?

I started changing a bedroom upstairs into my craft room today. I put all my cards from you farmgirls on the walls. Started making decorated boxes for different materials. I had a couple of helpers that kept stealing anything that moved. Love kittens.

Here are some three ingredients peanut butter cookies and apple spice tea. Have a good evening.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  4:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Awwww.....I love kitties too! Look at those sweet little faces. They have that, "Hey Mom, can you get that flash out of my eyes or we'll destroy your camera" look... don't they? Hahahahaha
We finally had some snow today, but no accumulation. It was a rain/snow mix...alllll day! Windy too. Low 30's.
Thanks for all the virtual treats girls. Enjoying them!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Thought I'd jump on and let you know I got approved for the house rental! So I'll be a tiny house renter lol. Getting a bit excited.

Shannon - how is your dad doing?

Judy - what cute kitties! I miss my furkids horribly.

Peggy - How are things going with you? You've been on my mind a lot lately so I've been keeping you in prayer.

Off for some knitting and maybe a cup of tea. Temps have been dropping, although they're still above 0. Have a great weekend!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:06:39 PM  Show Profile
We serve an incredible God!!!! Last night I was up most of the night with a headache and throwing up. Then about 3, Emi woke up throwing up. In the process, it woke up my older two girls. The oldest could hardly walk, was nauseous and had a headache, and the other also had a headache and was nauseous. By that point I was only able to take about two steps before I hit my knees. Hubby and I quickly figured out we were probably dealing with carbon monoxide poisoning. We woke up the children and brought them to the sliding glass back door, which was wide open, and wrapped them in blankets (we still have multiple feet of snow on the ground!). After about 45 minutes, I could still hardly walk, so we decided to drive in to the hospital (45 minutes away). We left the sliding glass door wide open with a fire screen in the opening and the dog in her dog crate right at the door, opened the windows down in the basement where the wood stove is, and let the kitten run around free.

When we got to the ER, the hospital staff was a little overwhelmed. For those that do not know, we are a family of 9... and we wanted all 9 of us tested, though some of the children were asymptomatic. Only two of us had ever been seen there before, so they had their work cut out for them. We got through it and were brought back... they began drawing blood and talking with us to figure out what was going on (we were split into two rooms at that point). Suddenly the blood work started coming back and everyone began to panic!!! Normal CO levels are 0-1 unless you are a smoker and then it may be a 2. Aly (our 3 yo) had the lowest level - over 15. Mine, my hubby's, and one of the other children's were over 21. Had we been at 25 we would have had to be flown out to a hospital with a hyperbaric pressure therapy room. Thankfully we were all able to stay there together, though at that point in 4 rooms, for more than four hours on full blast oxygen masks!

God so blessed us!!!! I have never been so thankful for a child throwing up!!! We are all still fighting some residual headaches and nausea, but we are home and feeling SO MUCH better!

While we were at the hospital, the police came to visit (due to being "poisoned"), and the fire department came to check out the house... with everything open, all the testing they did came back alright, with the highest reading being a 10. They decided that the source was our wood stove! Apparently there was a small leak in the piping from the woodstove before it went into the chimney, and that was determined to be the source. So hubby came home, cleaned out the chimney and put new piping in place. God is so good!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Omgosh, Shannon. Thank you, thank you, for telling us about this. Such a horrible experience for your family members! And, yes! Thank God, you all are okay now!

As of 9:45 PM tonight I am the proud great-gma of August Michael. Now we have 6 g-kids and 5 g-g-kids! Our tribe is growing!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Judith!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  1:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, I am glad that all of you are okay now. Do you have carbon warning devices in your home. We had to have a minimum of two. After reading what happen to you, we have decided to buy three more for our house. That would be scary.

Judith, congrats on the new baby. It must be exciting.

I went to the clinic on Thursday and had my biopsy. I won't get the results until this coming Tuesday. The wait is the hardest. Darlene told me to focus on my house and that is what I have been doing. We are planning our spring garden planting, the green house location, and building a root cellar. Today my husband is taking a veg out day and we are watching a movie. Taking a break to get more wood for the stove and walk the dog. I have done pretty good about keeping my mind off the results, but from time they creep into my thoughts and I have to really try to focus on something else.
The house is coming along great. I will take some pictures of the rooms that are finished or at least almost completely done. Things are really moving along nice now. I am down to one contractor and they should be done this coming week. I have had men in my house going on three months, and Paul says it will be quite when they are gone and we will miss them. I am sure I will, but I really do enjoy the weekends when no one is here. I will post the pictures in my thread about my new life and house.
I hope to have the kitchen put back together tomorrow and the dining room, even though we still need to paint the dining room. It has been the catch all room for everything these last few months and we have only had the table free about two weeks total for eating our meals. I can't wait. One of the first things I plan on doing is making a table cloth for my new table and then put the room together the way I want it.
Well my computer is about to die from lack of power, so I will close for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  01:04:27 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...Oh, My Goodness girl...God was certainly watching over your family!! I think my toes were dug into the carpet reading your account of what happened.
Your Angels were working over time last night! But Praise God you will all be alright! At least I pray there won't be any weird side affects for anyone.
You guys are just walking Miracles. ~ How is your dad doing? I have been thinking about him as I pray for all of you. Blease get those Carbon Warning Devices if you haven't
gotten them already. We even have to have them in our Apartment.

Becky...Bless your heart for trying to distract yourself so as NOT to Worry over your Test Results. I am glad that you will find out Tuesday and I am glad that you
have been talking to Darlene. She is some one who will have good wisdom for you. I'm tired tonight...as I just got the Tea Packets Ready to mail out. Hopefully I will
get them in Mondays Mail...as they are all done. For some reason everything went against me this year trying to get Tucks. They aren't as cool as I wish they had
been but it wasn't because I didn't try. The Mail was just working against me. And also the stress I am under at home with my Hubby.

Judith...Congrats on the New Great Grandbaby. Your Quiver is getting mighty full...how nice for you! Babies are so much fun!!! Especially for us Grandma's.
Enjoy them all!! I like his name. August Michael. So interesting. Is there a Story behind his first Name?

Judy...are you still worrying about your Sissy? Remember that God works the Night Shift...so talk to him when you start fretting over those things you
have no control over. I have been doing that myself tonight. Trusting God for something very much out of my Control. Sometimes it is a minute by minute
process. But He is Faithful! ~ I'm glad our Snow is gone. We had two really gorgeous Sunny Days this week and then three days of really cold days but no
rain or snow. I can deal with the Cold...so I'm just happy it has been dry.

Prairie Tammy...I'm praying for your situation girl...so glad you got the house! Is it really a Tiny House or did you just mean it was really small? I don't
think I could really live in a Tiny House...but I have seen some really cute ones...made with grerat storage! Hope Jasper comes home fine after spending the
Weekend with his Mother. It is hard when kids get bounced around like that...but hopefully it will all work out. As long as he is getting lots of love he will
do fine.

Girls...I have a silent prayer request tonight. God knows what is going on. Thanks!

Have a Great Sonday girls!!!

Love, Joy, and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  05:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn I have you in my prayers that all will work itself out for you and give you peace and joy.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  6:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - how terrifying! I can't imagine how scared you must have been when you realized what probably was causing everybody's symptoms. Praise the Lord that everybody is okay. I need to check the house when I move in to make sure I have smoke and CO2 detectors in it.

Peggy - it's not a tiny house like you see on tv, it's just small. I'd guess 700 sq ft. As much as I like the concept of the tiny house, reality is I love my crafting too much to give it up and it would never fit into a tiny house.

Jasper's visit did not go well. She took him to the ER again Saturday alleging child abuse and claiming there were bruises all over him. 3 police officers showed up last night to question Jordon and I. It's the most frustrating thing to not be able to get them to listen to us yet every time she makes an allegation they jump at it. I just want to scream. Thank the Lord I told Jordon to take Jasper to the doctor Friday so he has proof he was seen prior to her having him and there were no excessive bruises. He's an almost 18 month old toddler and extremely active. He climbs, runs and falls like any normal toddler does. I asked the one officer why it was when we got him back after the court order that the ER refused to exam him yet she takes him in and instantly gets seen. He told me to take it up with the hospital as he couldn't answer that question. Please keep us in your prayers for protection against her. She also claims he's not acting himself. Well of course not! He's teething and breaking in 4 teeth at the same time. I'd be cranky too! I'm honestly terrified how far she'll go and what lies she'll claim to try to get custody of Jasper. This is a living nightmare that currently has no end in site. The officer's parting shot was that he'd turn his report into the prosecutor and the prosecutor would determine if there was enough evidence to charge Jordon. I'm sure we'll have another social services visit this week to. The only bruising we saw today when we got him back was on the front of his left hip, sort of round. My guess is he caught the corner of something.

Becky - Keeping you in prayer for your biopsy. I pray it will be benign and nothing to worry about.

Well, need to get a couple things done before Jordon leaves for work and I'm on babysitting duty again. Take care everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  06:58:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends! Today is one of those days that I am forcing myself to get on here... so be semi-social! I am absolutely emotionally drained. Blake's funeral is today... his tiny little body is being laid in the cold hard ground! Yes, I know his soul is no longer in that vessel, but it is so hard to think about and to be so many miles away! When his parents found out he had smooth brain syndrome, they did a few fundraisers to bring about awareness and to help with medical bills. I ended up just donating, but also got a bracelet that said "Blake Strong" and "Smooth is Beautiful" on it... I took it off for the first time this morning since I got it. An all I could do is cry, as it was extremely symbolic for me. My dad seems to be doing alright, praise God! We are waiting for the VA cardiologist to see him. I think we have fully recovered from the CO issue. We now have three alarms in the house - two of which give readings. Since fixing the pipe from the woodstove, we have not had any more issues. I have one house plant that we moved with us... it looks HORRIBLE! It is a peace lily, which seems to be one of the hardest houseplants to kill, and yet the CO did it in such a short period. I'm not sure it is going to live! The leaves are this dull pea green rather than the normal shiny bright selves, and they are so droopy!!! Definitely a reminder of what could have been and how great a God we serve!

Becky - continuing to pray for you!!!! I had to be biopsied when I was in my mid 20s... the wait was indeed the hardest!!! Thankfully mine came back benign! Praying your will as well!!! What are planning to grow in your garden? I feel so lost as I look at seeds right now!!! Normally I am planting next month... and right now I have no clue what to even plant! I need to do something about our soil - there are NO worms!!!!

Peggy - we had one alarm in our house, but where it was located, there was enough fresh air going over it that it didn't register until it was quite high. We have a cold room that is insulated against the rest of the house on the opposite side of the house as the woodstove. To keep it cold, the door stays closed. Anyways, when the fire department came to check the house, their monitor registered a 9 in that room for carbon monoxide... that gives you an idea of how high the rest of the house was earlier on! God definitely has plans for our family! I keep telling people it is not about a "bad situation" but rather a "wonderful situation" - as God got us out! Please know I am praying for you!!!

PGTammy - With the police showing up, does that mean he really did have bruises on Saturday??? If so, with him seeing the doctor with Jordan on Friday, wouldn't that say she did it!?!? Can you press harassment charges against her??? It sounds like the "stupidity" we were dealing with, with our old neighbor!!! Praying for you as well <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  08:47:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

What a long hard weekend. But thank you for your prayers. I'm up earlier than I should be but plan to go back to bed shortly. I will be sending out your Tea Packages later today.
Sorry they are so late in the month. That means you will probably get my pkg and Darlene's very close together. But that is why I always take January...it is the hardest month to get people to sign-up for and it is packed full of new beginnings and busy lives. Mine included.

Shannon...praying for you and all of little Blakes Family today. The saddest sight in all the world to me is a Babie's Tiny Casket. My heart breaks for all of you.
So, very happy that God rescued your family from the grips of death. That means you all
still have work to do here on Earth. And as you are doing...you are walking Testemonies of His Love, Mercy and Grace. The World needs to hear it!

Prairie Tammy...praying for your small house! That it will be the perfect fit for you!
And that you will have many happy days under your own Roof. God is gently walking you through all of this and I will continue to pray for you. Jasper's Mom is just trying to prove that she really is the FIT Parent. She just can't accept that he has been taken away from her. It will work out as it should...but she is NOt going to go away quietly. She will be a thorn in everyone's side for a very long time. Just work with it and all will be fine in the long haul I'm sure.

Becky...keeping your biopsy report tomorrow in my prayers! Don't worry and fret just leave it in God's most capable hands. I know it is easier said than done...but I'm glad that you are keeping busy.

Well, I'm bushed and headed back for a few more hours of sleep. I went to my kids house yesterday to get away from the Silent Treatment here. And they made me Dinner and I had some fun time with my grandbabies. They can lift the downtrodden heart faster than anything else for me. I game home about 6 hours later and he still isn't talking to me. I guess it beats the rages. Oh, well...God is walking me through this. We all have our own Crosses to bear...right?

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 30 2017 1:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your continued prayers. I have been busy putting my kitchen in order. I really love what they did to it. The men are done for the day and are giving me some peace and quite. I still have to take pictures of the finished rooms and we are still working on putting together a couple of them. So plenty to keep me busy.

Shannon, I ordered all the veggies, herbs, and a couple of flowers for the garden. I am still not sure how I will be planting the garden, but I have all the types of seeds on order that I think that we will need. Now it is just a matter of which field we will be planting them in and other things. Come spring through fall, we will be putting up my greenhouse which is 15' x 28', my root cellar, planting some trees, putting my fruit trees, walnut trees, extra fruit vines, and taking care of the property. So much to do we hope that our energy will last.
How are you all doing since you return back from the hospital? Is everyone back to normal or are you still fighting the effects of the carbon poison? Is your stove fixed? We just had our pipe changed and should be okay for now. I think that we might have them come and take the pellet stove into the shop and fixed a couple of things that need to be done this week. This way I will feel that I have addressed all fire sources and have them all in good working order.
Well I guess I had better get back to work.
Hugs
Becky

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  07:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Well I just received the results of my biopsy and I have breast cancer. My next appointment to discuss options is Feb. 6th.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  09:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Becky! There are no words!!! Continuing to pray!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  09:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Becky. We were hoping for other news. Will continue to pray for you. They are coming up with better results all the time so we are sure you will be in good hands.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  1:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Not the news we were hoping for Becky. I'll keep praying for you as you fight this. We'll all be here for you to lean on as needed - Big hug!!

I finished my cardigan this weekend. The sleeves are a little weird because of the way it's made, but I love it! This is the biggest crochet project I've done, but it was surprisingly easy. (Please focus on the cardigan and not how tired I look - I didn't feel like putting make up on to hide it.)

Shannon - I had a very strong urge to pray for you and your family last Thursday or Friday (I don't remember which day it was) then I got on here and seen what you had happen! I'm so glad everyone is ok. This is the 2nd time I felt the need to pray for someone to find out later something happened. I don't usually hear God speaking to me, so I find it amazing that I had a connection like this. I'm sorry it's because of a difficult and scary time for you though.

Peggy - I'm glad you had a nice break with your grandbabies. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you at times. I read a story one time of a family that went out to eat and they had a child with something wrong (I don't remember what). The child was acting up and making a scene. When the waitress came to bring what the family thought was the bill they got a note instead that said their bill was paid by someone else and to remember that God gives special children to special parents. Maybe the same applies to husbands?

Tammy - praying for you and all that you have going on right now! Your plate sure is full girl!

Judith - congrats on the new addition to your family! Post a picture when you get a chance please.

Sabrina - how are you and your new little one doing?

Nora - what cute cats! I have about 20 of them outside :)

Judy - did you get much snow? We got a little dusting, but it's all gone already :(

Well, it's about milking time so I better wrap this up. Big hugs to all!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Heather, looks like your cardigan will keep you nice and warm.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  4:22:59 PM  Show Profile
Heather - you are beautiful girlie! You don't need makeup!!!! And the cardigan is lovely!!! I wish I could get a better hand of crocheting!!! Thank you for your prayers! God knew we needed them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  8:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Becky...Oh, bummer girl!!! That is NOT what we wanted to hear for you! Please let us walk through this with you! I am sure that you are going through a mixed
bag of emotions right now. We all continue to pray for you and hubby. This will be difficult but God is with you. He promises us that we never have to walk
this Journey and our difficult circumstances alone. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Heather...you are beautiful with or without make-up...I have always thought that, from the very first time you started sharing pictures with us. I Love your Cardigan.
I made a couple of shawls that looked alot like your cardigan pattern. ~ Isn't that Awesome when God strongly brings someone to your mind to pray for and you don't
really know why...but you know you just have to pray for them. I have had that numerous times in my Life and it is always amazing when you find later why God called
you to pray for them. I knew one Gal who was a recovering alcoholic and IV drug user...I met her in the Neighborhood we lived in. She came to The Lord and asked me
to attend some AA Meetings with her. When she first joined and then after she was one year clean and sober. Then a couple years after we had moved out of that
neighborhood God woke me up about an hour after I had gone to bed and said, "Pray for Micki Now!" So, I did and then fell back to sleep. He must have woke me up 10 different
times that night to pray for her. The last time I also decided to go to the bathroom and as I passed the bed...I looked at what a wreck I had made out of the covers in
all my praying and tossing and turning. then I heard that still small voice of God say, "Now that is True Spiritual Warfare!" I remember chuckeling and saying "Yes, I think so!" I ran into Micki about 3 wks later and Said, "Hey girl what was Going on with you about 3 weeks ago?" She said, "A Lot...why" So, I told her what happened and what night it was and she said, "Oh, My goodness Peggy you won't believe it. My exhusband had come over and we got in a huge fight. My Son was staying at his Grandparents. And my ex-raped me then stuck a loaded shot gun up into my female parts and was swearing he was going to pull the triger. But after hours he finally just took the gun out, walked away and
said, "Oh, H*** you aren't even worth the trouble!" I was stunned...I could not believe what I was hearing. And so when the Spirit wakes me to pray for somebody...I do it immediately no questions asked!

Shannon...somebody asked if you guys were all doing OK with no residuale affects from the Carbon...are you guys? I tell you the last couple of weeks have been crazy in
people's lives. The stories I could tell but won't. Let's just say Satan seems to be prowling.

My Little Elijah broke his leg today. Him and his mommy were at the KidZone which is a Trampoline place. They had been going there for quite awhile now and he loved it.
My hubby and I thought he was kind of young but he had other little friends that went there too with their moms. But Elijah thinks he is a Kungfo Power Ranger and so he
is probably a lot more active than most kids are at his age. He is Fearless! Well, he broke his Tibia right below his Knee Cap. He has a soft cast from his hip down past
his toes. In a week or two he will go into a hard cast. The Dr. said kids heal much faster than adults so he should be fine in 4-6 weeks. This kid does not know how to be
still...so his parents are in for a huge challenge. And Savannah thought it was fun to beat on Elijah's Cast...which caused him great pain. I watched her while they were
at the Hospital! She is so stinken cute too but she is just as active as her big brother. Too Funny! I told Elijah I would come and visit him tomorrow (Grandma Day) and
that made him Happy!

My husband went to the Cardiologist today and was told that if he doesn't get this Pacemaker put in he could die any moment. So, we have a second appointment with the
Surgeon on Friday. Then my middle son who is living here with us...gets flares of Gout all the time. He takes meds for it...but his elbow is swollen like a big ol' baseball. So he is in pain. It has been quite a week or two. My husband's dementia is getting worse and he didn't talk to me from Sat. until late this afternoon. He was mad at me
for a really stupid reason (he just isn't thinking correctly) and decided he wasn't going to speak to me again...I guess. But as of tonight when he needed to share about
his appointment (which I should have gone to with him but he wouldn't let me) I guess the "you could die in moment" must have impacted his thinking because he has been
talking to me tonight. Geesh girls! Thnaks for your prayers!!!

Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  11:05:54 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh Gals... so much going on here. Every time I'd read I'd gasp... then read some more, then gasp again. I'd pause between each dilemma and Pray! So much going on. Will keep Praying!!!
Heather, great job on the cardi! We only got about 3 inches of snow last week... but it's gone now! I want more. We were suppose to get 3 inches yesterday but it was mixed with rain so didn't amount to anything.
My nieces husband is still in hospital. He has double pneumonia and they have to drain one lung with a needle. *UGH!* He says he doesn't want to go to rehab after this. He wants to go home. His doc said that would be cruel to his wife. The wife thinks he's had a mini stroke because his movements are so s-l-o-w. It could be just the residue of being put to sleep for 5 days. It does mess up your cognitive skills. I just spent 3 days in bed with a nasty, sloppy cold and my cognitive skills were interrupted, I can assure you of that... and I didn't have the drugs he's had to get over... poor feller!
Today is cloudy, gray 40. Suns trying to peep out right now.... we'll have to wait n see.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  1:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - you asked about residual effects... maybe!?!? I'm still constantly tired and my mind doesn't seem to want to always work... kinda slow and forgetful. Not sure if that is due to the CO or something else entirely! Trying to get in to the doctor, but when there are so many of us needing to be seen and only having one vehicle right now, it's been tough! Still haven't been paid by the military, so we are really sticking with a tight budget anyways in order to survive! Sorry to hear about Elijah! I'll never forget when Aly's leg was broken by the dog... so painful and scary!!! As for your hubby - all I can say is I will continue to pray!!!

Judy - continuing to pray for your niece's hubby! Not sure if I want to say "ouch that was harsh" or "nicely done" to the doctor's comment, lol. I guess I can see both sides of that one! Sorry to hear you were so sick!!! Hope you are back to 100% soon!!!

Have you guys seen the movie "Courageous" - where after you take a vow to rely fully on God that Satan attacks. He really does!!! But the best part is that God has our back!!! God is working SO HUGELY in our lives!!! He has all our trials and frustrations!!!! Praying for each of you <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your kind words everyone. Did my heart good to read them today :)

Peggy - what a crazy story about your friend! Praying for your family and hoping you're having a fun Grandma day :)

Judy - I want some more snow too. We didn't get 3 inches. I'm doubtful we've had 3 inches on the ground all winter.

I have some chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips in them for everyone to enjoy.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page