Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  09:59:21 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies.
Sigh. I wish I could join y'all in a slumber party and feel perky at 5:15 when the alarm goes off. Anybody up for some fresh (well...fresh at 6:30) sourdough English muffins? How about supper tonight? Homemade sourdough French bread, Ricotta Gnocchi and some fresh tomato sauce? Alright. I started the day with some stretching. The chicken chores aka cleaning the coop is done and it looks like it might rain. Time to hop on the treadmill, shower, tidy up and then get to working on my husbands quilt. I had planned on finishing it for his birthday (August) but I love pressure so I'm hoping to get it finished before Sunday. Maybe I might just be up for the slumber party after all. Will anyone mind if my sewing machine is humming away?

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  12:04:45 PM  Show Profile
I just plan to stay on the porch all day. I need the R n R big time!

Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  12:28:35 PM  Show Profile
I spent my morning sick in bed, but DH is home today, so the baby was taken care of. I'm feelin better now. I am startin on some homemade granola then I'm off to the garden as long as my energy holds out for pea pickin.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile
I got off the porch for awhile and went out for a walk to put somethings
in perspective (it is amazing how that helps) but I got caught in the
rain (with no coat)...so, what else can you do but just Dance In The Rain
and enjoy it! :+)

Now back to my porch swing for a nap! I'm wet but doing better after that
walk.

Hope you are doing better Angela.
Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  3:06:10 PM  Show Profile
Pups and sewing machines are welcome at the slumber party!!! And you can come whenever you want...Tami Lynn, sour dough English Muffins sound wonderful!!! I'm sure a few of us will stay awake all night, so wonderful food is a must!!! And we can help you with your quilt too!! Sounds like alot of us need to just relax and enjoy each other's company!! Megan, the "canoe snooze" sounds heavenly, but think I could do without the mosquitoes, so we'll need some good ole Skin So Soft!! Channah, I hope you'll join us!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  3:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You ladies sound like you are having so much fun!!
Tomorrow I will be MIL! I am going on a big fishing boat to fish. YAY!! ( I think) lol. We leave tomorrow at 5:00 p.m and stay the night at a hotel and then like at 3:00 in the morning we go out on the boat and fish for half the day. I have never been fishing before and have no idea what I will be doing or if I will get sea sick. Please pray for all of us!! Me, my 2 brothers, sister, and dad are going ( my mom has to stay home and take care of our ten animals).
Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  6:35:40 PM  Show Profile
My you ladies have been busy. I missed the slumber party...well maybe next time although I am pretty sure I would have been asleep fast. Channah, hope you have fun fishing. Praying you have a wonderful time. I had a busy day so time to sit a bit with you sweet ones and watch the sunset as we sip whatever our cups hold. I am having chocolate cream tea...a favorite. Ahhhh!!!

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Columbine
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Pat
Plainwell Michigan
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  6:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Columbine a Yahoo! Message
I'll join you all and bring a couple of hand stitched quilts if anyone gets cold. Thanks or the invite :)

quote:
Originally posted by paradiseplantation

I guess Alee (and Nora!) and I started something a while back with sitting out on my porch. No, I don't have one yet, but it is my dream. The porch thing recently got picked back up in my post on needing to be flogged, and several others have since joined us. So, I thought I would offer an invitation to all you farmgirls to come sit and relax on my virtual porch, visit, and just let all your cares and worries slide off your shoulders. Anyone else want to join us? So far, we have Alee and Nora napping in rocking chairs; Melody June is the one who has her feet propped up and listening to Jolie Blond (some GREAT Cajun Music!); Audry brought that tray of the gorgeous cucumber sandwiches; Diane brought sweet tea and vodka; Toni brought apple and cherry pies and is sitting on the porch keeping the dogs down (and we made a pitcher of unsweet tea just for her, but I'll bet she'll share!) Ladies, all are welcome, and there are still plenty of rockers and porch swings left. And I'll bet Toni will move over a bit and let you share her step! Come join us! Hey, Alee! Wanna wake up long enough to get a bite of this cherry pie? Ooh! It is so delicious!

from the hearts of paradise...

The greatest joy in nature is the absence of man....
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  9:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY Pat!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  9:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Pat so happy you're joining us and your lovely quilts will be just the thing!!! Channah, have a fun trip and not to worry, we'll have another slumber party when you get back. I have a feeling we're going to love them and want to have them often!! I brought some cheeses and homemade crackers along with cold and hot herb teas for anyone that wants them!! Lida, hope you have a safe trip! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jun 15 2010 9:48:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  11:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Channah are you going Deep-Sea Fishing?? Wow...hope you catch a big one.
NO phony fish stories when you get back (like the guys do). We don't want
to hear about the BIG ONE that got away. LOL! ;+) Hope you have a blast
and no sea-sickness!

Have we ever shared 'fish' on the Porch before. Ha Ha!

Lida...so sorry you have to make that trip when you don't
feel good. Praying for you to have extra strength.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  05:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! We are expecting t-storms here within the hour, so I wanted to stop by and sit a bit. I brought some chamomile/mango tea and brownies. I was out fertilizing my containers before the rains come. I had to use the dry stuff as the containers don't need extra moisture at this point.

I hope everyone is feeling well today and ready to enjoy the day! We have a few errands to do later, and our regular meals delivery. Take care!!! I'll bet some of you are starting to harvest some veggies and perhaps berries. Our berries are in bloom. Though the blueberries are on the early bushes, just waiting to ripen.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114

Edited by - wellswillow on Jun 16 2010 05:35:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  07:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everybody! I'm up a little early but the hubby woke me up with birthday cupcakes and a new pink bike!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Kittykill!
I always wake my kiddos up (on their birthdays) with cupcakes too. :-) Congrats on the new bike.
It's another cook day here in southwestern WA ladies. Last night I heard the faint rumble of thunder although it was a far cry from the thunderstorms I became used to in TN. This summer sure has started out quite differently than last summer.

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:20:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's back to cold weather here today, so I'm going to hang on the porch with a nice warm blanket and cup of tea. Hope everyone's day is fantastic!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:21:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ya'll,
My this is a nice place to relax and join in the chatter. My DD is sick and I'm giving her all my alternative medicine in the cabinet to get her well fast. Elderberry, Olive Leaf, and homeopathic remedies. She always goes out to the garden every morn and waters and picks off any bugs. Bless her heart! She is my one and only and my right arm. I can't breath outdoors in the humidity we get here and have to stay in all summer. I put on my mask and go out when it is cooler and bearable.
I'm having so much fun making these farmgirl address and journal books. I love working on new things. Don't you?
My Lyme is active again so I feel like I have the flu all the time. Yuck! It sure is nice to know I can come on here and chat with all you wonderful farmgirls. It gets my mind off myself.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girls,
It is a beautiful day here and the sun is out. Just thought I would bring some strawberries and scones before I hit my day. Enjoy!

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I tell you every bit of it Peggy and Lin! Me and my sister will be the only girls in a sea of boys. lol I'm glad my brothers and dad are going.

Ok, I have to tell you the story about how I got into this.
I was in the shower one day and mom was talking on the phone with dad. My sister Terrah, comes running in asking me if I wanted to go salmon fishing. And knowing me I just blurted out without thinking of who would take care of my goats etc. Yes!! I would love to go!! ( me and my big mouth).
And you know what happened?!?
I told my brothers that I was going with them, and they told me that after you catch a fish the deck hand hit them in the head with a big mallet right on the deck till their dead!! I thought I was going to be sick after they told that to me ( they know I'm an animal lover, even to fish).
So I asked mom if I could stay home but there was no getting out of it ( my uncle and his friend who are organizing the fishing trip, wanted to get as many people as they could so they could rent one big boat).

So, knowing what I know, I hope we have a good time.
Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Edited by - maggie14 on Jun 16 2010 08:52:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Wow! YOu miss so much if you don't show up on the porch for a few days! That fishing trip sounds fun Channah! Enjoy every minute! And next time you all have a slumber party on the porch let me know! Those homemade crackers and soda sound delish! Always the homemade goodies on the porch are the best!
I've frustrated myself today...I made this huge list of things to do, because I keep getting further behind, and then I have been struggling with one of the simple things on it( I thought it was going to be simple) but it isn't working, so I gave up and came to sit on the porch!!!
You all are so inspiring, so I thought I'd take a quick break with you and maybe I'll be motivated to go back and tackle something else on the list! I'll be up past midnight at this rate!
LOL!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  10:30:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow ladies go camping for a few days and miss the fun. Love a good slumber party. Our church does a camping trip every June, so packed up the trailer, kids and grandkids. Had a great time and church under the trees on Sunday. But now that I am back have to catch up on laundry and garden. Picked squash, tomatos, and green beans for supper. Darn gopher got several pole bean and a potato plant while I was gone. So mad was thinking of getting a snake to put down his hole lol. Gophers are the bane of my life lol. Well for now gophers 3 me 0.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  2:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Channah, I could not hit a fish or anything else over the head...not if my life depended on it!!! Maybe you can just enjoy the trip, void of all the "fishing" stuff! I think the whole thing will be a great experience, but you don't have to be involved in the yuck!

Tammy I love scones and fresh strawberries!! Thanks for sharing! And Marcie, your tea and brownies sound heavenly....I'm SUCH a "chocolaholic"!!! Marsha, take care of yourself and I so hope you're better soon. What a drag!! Monica and Marla, we can do another slumber party anytime you girls can join us!!! Marla your camping trip sounded like lots of fun, but "catch-up" can be overwhelming. I picked slugs off my Marigolds last night and they are the one thing that really grosses me out!! Happy, happy Birthday Kittykill!!! Sounds like your day was very special!! Looking forward to this evening on the porch! Not sure what I'll bring yet, but I'll figure out something yummy.....maybe a fresh fruit pizza!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jun 16 2010 2:13:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  3:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm hoping so Lin! I really don't want to watch.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Pam...I hope you look as cute on your new pink bike as your embroidery girl looks
on her bike. Oh, by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tami...I bet after this Spring/Summer you are dreaming about going back to TN.

Marsha...my husband did a whole book on Lyme disease (he writes alternative medicine books)
and when he was researching it...I got fascinated by what he was finding out about Deer Island
so, I did a whole research project myself on Deer Island. Fascinating story!

Lin...fresh fruit pizza sounds like just the perfect thing to bring to share tonight. I'll be
back! Also, talking about picking slugs off your marigolds...we have had so much rain
here that the only thing growing is the slugs! LOL

Channah...my middle son Pat caught a 26 lb Chinook last weekend but you couldn't keep that
size until after today (Wed) and the game warden just happened to be standing there chatting
with him when he caught it (which kept him honest and he HAD to throw it back). LOL I taught
my children to be honest but they don't always practice what Mama preached!

Until later girls...

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  3:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thats a good lesson Peggy. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  4:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
We've always wanted to get back to TN. :-) Miss it dearly. The kids and I went back at the end of April. Yes, the day our flights were scheduled to come back to WA we were caught in the flooding. Took 2 days to get back.
So, you've caught my interest with Deer Island. Can you direct me somewhere to read about it?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page