Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  12:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I always LOVED it when God started canceling Events off my Calendar. It was like He always knew I had more on my plate than was healthy.
It was always a Big Sigh of Relief! Oh, The Mother Earth Fair sounds like a FUN thing to attend! Wish we had something like that around here. I
have been reading The Magazine since the 70's. And we always bought or made Mother Earth Granola back then too. I know I'm dating myself! LOL

Hi Nora...how is Duke doing? It rained here all day today...so I declared it a Pajama Day and stayed home...puttering around doing as little as possible
as my Fibro was flaring. My hubby had the nerve to ask me if I was going walking tonight. I don't know what he does for that hour and 15 minutes I'm
gone but I think He loves watching some Crime Show he doesn't think I would like. LOL

OK...girls...I'm off to bed. I got Laundry done, Dishes running in the Dishwasher and now I want to go read a bit. I am reading a book based off of a true
Story Called "One Thousand White Women"...has anyone read it???

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  4:23:50 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Duke is listening better. He is learning some tricks. He knows Roger, the rooster, is gone and has started chasing the chickens again. I'll be glad when Golden Boy gets his spurs. Of course, I'll feel bad when he flogs Duke.
We've had frost for a few days but it's going to warm up again. The October beetles are hatching out again. They'll be all over the house for the rest of the winter. I don't know whose idea it was to release one pest to get rid of another pest. They settle in the ceiling corners of every room until spring come. I hate them.
I've put my garden to bed. I need to get the invitations out for our Thanksgiving meal or everyone will think
Well ladies, have a great evening.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  10:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Nora...Everyone will think what??? You kind of left us hanging there. LOL Well, your Beetle problem sounds awful. I don't want anything hanging around my house. LOL
Isn't there a way to get rid of them? Like knocking them down with a broom and sweeping them out the door???? I think I finally got rid of my Fruit Fly Problem. Coould
not figure out why I got them even as late as November. Then I gave a Plant to my Son & DIL that I had been propagating for them and growing it while until it got a
really good growth spurt. It is a Hoya (sp?) plant that had been my MIL's. Shane really wanted it to remember his Grandma by. Well, I guess the Fruit Flies were laying
their eggs in the soil of that plant...so, I literally transferred my problem to their house. LOL I laughed my head off when they told me about it. And low and
behold I have seen no fruit flies for months now. No more in door plants for me!!!

Oh, Duke found a play toy huh? The chickens and rooster! You might have to buy him a stuffed one to chase in the house. Too Funny. My dog loves to chase squirrels.
So, I bought him a stuffed squirrel and all he does is sleep on it like a pillow for his head. They are so much fun and so crazy!

Have a Great Day!

Love, Blessings and Lots of Laughter,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  07:02:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

Did I tell y'all we were letting a hen lay on a clutch of eggs? Well they hatched!! We have five fluffy little chicks running around. Two or three other's hatched but apparently, mamma hen was busy chasing the other chicks around and wasn't paying attention and some of the other chickens ate the chicks :( (I didn't know they did that!! Will definitely be making some changes next time we let a hen go broody to prevent this). It has been a fun learning experience. I honestly didn't think they would even hatch. Hubby is excited about all the "free chickens" we could potentially get by letting them sit more often but I told him lets wait until early spring before doing it again. Soon it will be way too cold for little chicks.

We went to the Mother Earth News Fair yesterday but decided we didn't need to go back today. It was interesting but not quite what I was expecting. You really couldn't hear the speakers and it isn't the most kid friendly place. It isn't kid-unfriendly, as there were plenty of kids and a few things for them to do but it just wasn't set up in a way that made it easy for a big family like mine. I will go back next year but I will have a better plan for the kids and will probably just get a one day ticket. I spoke to a lot of local farmers and vendors and learned some interesting things that way so I'm definitely glad I went!

I decided that even though we aren't going to the fair today we are going to stay home from church. We have had a really busy couple of weeks and just need a day to rest. Plus the little boys' tummies still don't seem 100%. I also need to get to work on this cleaning as I only have a few more days until hubby returns!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  1:14:19 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...I have never seen The Porch so quiet!!! It kind of feels like I am talking to myself most days. Praise God for Sabrina and Nora. LOL
Have you ever walked through a Ghost Town??? This feels a bit the same! LOL

Well, we have a Celeb among us. Teacher Tammy was just honored with TEACHER OF THE YEAR AT HER SCHOOL!!! I saw it on FB! Is that AWESOME or what??? Three Cheers
For Good Christian Teachers!!! And we ALL know that Tammy is the BEST!!! For those who are new on The Porch...Teacher Tammy (what I call her) is really
Tea Lady Tammy. Don't want to confuse anyone here. Any of the Ghosties, I mean! CONGRATS MADAM BUTTERFLY...WE ARE SO THRILLED FOR YOU. Looks like you got the
ROYAL TREATMENT FOR YOUR SPECIAL DAY!!! Well Deserved!!! So PROUD OF YOU FARMGIRL/TEACHER!!!

Well girls, have any of you ever done Diamond Painting? I just started my first kit yesterday. Time Consuming but fun! You know how I love to Color...well this is
just a different form of Coloring. It is attaching Diamond Chips onto a sticky Pre-Stamped Canvas. The one I started doing is a 11 x 20 Pink & Purple Fairy. It is
a time consuming art form but so pretty when done. I just put in my ear-buds and listen to a book while I work. This one will probably take me a Month to do...just
guessing. I love learning something new and fun. If anyone is interested just google it...3D Diamond Painting.

Man, we are having Monsoon Rain out here. It is literally coming down in sheets. Rain mixed with Hail. Suppose to stop today and a week of Sunshine and high 60's to
low 70's. I'm ready for it after 10 days of rain. I hate not walking. So, looking forward to the sunshine again.

Have a Blessed Day Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  2:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, wish you could send us some of that rain. We are so dry.
Sabrina, thanks for the feed back on the Mother Earth Fair.
One of the cows in the field behind us had a pretty little girl this week. Duke thinks she's his new play thing. Mamma is going to teach him a lesson.
Found eggs in my front flower bed again today. Going to have to keep them in their yard until they learn to lay where they are suppose to.
Congratulations, Teacher Tammy. Great award.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  6:11:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm home. Did ya miss me? Boy are we tired. Slept like a rock last night. We got some things done for her that needed done. Lots of things only Dave could do for her. Her birthday was Saturday so we celebrated that on Friday night with her. I thought we'd see more colorful leaves down there but ...nope...just like ours. We are all just starting really. She has a really(white) house inside. I teased her that it's very... umm... institutional and needs her personal touch... lots of color and warming up. She can do it!...IF she stays home for awhile. Hahaha She was gone this time for 6 weeks. She's been gone more than she's been home since she bought the place. (please God, no more funerals for awhile)
I hear congrats are in order for our sweet 'Teacher Tammy!' Good for you girlie! I'm proud as punch to know you! You are a great teacher! WE KNEW THAT, huh Gals! *giggle*
Now I can concentrate on winterizing my home. It's suppose to rain a couple of times this week and drop 20 degrees with possible snow by next week, for us and patsy. We shall see.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 22 2017 6:18:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  7:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello my dear sweet friends,
Yes rumor is true I did get Teacher of the Year and to say I was speechless well yes and that is a first. I just look at it that I get to do what I Love share Jesus and teach the best gifts of God ever. I was so surprised and very honored and blessed to even be considered. I am off yet tomorrow for fall break but apparently everyone has known for the past month. It is pretty hard to keep a secret from me. Thanks for the congrats yall. Makes me smile

This week my sons are getting one last FFA award. They are receiving the American Degree at the National Level (one proud mama here) and so I will miss most of this week of school. I have been working my wings off to be ready for sub. But this is important award and going with hubby who is leaving with his group on Wednesday. I will miss my butterflies but they are very excited about my sons. They love them like their own brothers. Makes me love them dearly.

Anyway spent the weekend with my sweet grandson. He decided to stay with Grandma and Grandpa while big brother and mom and dad went to Kansas City. What a hoot.

Poor Jax has been to the vet twice this week. He hurt his eye. They think it got scratched by cat or our big playful dog Tucker. it developed an ulcer and so we have had to put him on antibiotics and eye drops. May I say he is the most wiggly dog ever. Eye drops has been a fuss and put him in a fowl mood. But poor thing can't see very well. So praying he will be ok while I am away.

Ok I am off for while now. I will post a picture tomorrow of my award. Some of my sweet students were there and my whole family. I just can't believe they picked me.
love and blessings to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  09:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, hope Jax makes out okay.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  4:26:10 PM  Show Profile

Just wanted to share with yall still can't believe they picked me.
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  5:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Tammy! Wow that is amazing congratulations!!! Also, I didn't realize we are practically neighbors! (well neighboring states anyway lol). Hope your dog heals well!!

Nora- They sent me a survey today so I put maybe a little more thought into families attending would be nice and also some sort of dividers around the speaking areas so it is easier to hear.

Judy- glad you made it home hope you are able to rest up!

Peggy-it is quiet around here. I hope everyone comes out of hiding soon! Diamond painting sounds really interesting, I'd love to see a pic of what you are working on!

We are just over 48 hours until hubby arrives, this part is about the most aggravating! Constant changes and waiting and changes and waiting, ugh. I'm trying to get a bunch of my to do list done so I don't have to worry about anything the last part of the week.

Fall blew in here, the weather has been mild for a couple weeks now but we are expecting freezing temps at night later this week so closing up windows, putting extra blankets on the beds, and waiting as long as I can before turning on the heat!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - Congratulations! What an honor!

PeggyAnn - Sorry I've not been posting, it's been insane with the school schedule...wasn't quite expecting it to be this insane. I found out last night I'm apparently the only one that actually reads the textbook LOL Everybody else just scans for the answers on the worksheets but doesn't actually read it - that will save a ton of time. Thursday will be the end of week 2 out of 5 weeks. So tell us more about this diamond painting? Sounds interesting.

I went up to the farm Friday night and stayed until Sunday evening. Lacey and I neither one wanted to come back home. She discovered the wonders of heated cement floors in the shed and how nice that is on arthritic bones LOL It was so funny because she was laying on the deck when I went into the house and when I went back out to the shed I called to her to see if she wanted to go in with me and she actually ran across the driveway to get into the shed. She glared at me for 2 days after we got back for making her come home LOL.

His brother got him some used metal industrial shelving units that we put together and started organizing all the stuff in that shed, which use to be the dairy barn. He let me study some on Sunday while he did some more work out there. I got my first ride on a Harley! It was short as the winds started gusting again so we had to turn around but I'm addicted LOL.

I met his dad Sunday. Benny had planned to take me for a drive after I got done studying and one of the stops was going to be for me to meet his dad but his dad showed up just as I finished studying. He's obviously talked to his dad about me because he knew I was in school for something medical and asked me questions about it. We did go for a drive a bit later and he showed me his fields and his dad's place, where he grew up and that type of stuff. Nice ending to the weekend.

I have tonight off from class so I'm going to make some chili and freeze most of it for future meals. I'll probably make some cornbread too, maybe in muffin form, and freeze that to eat with it. I'll have Jasper Sunday while Jordon's working and might take him to an indoor rodeo here in town - not sure if a 2 yo will be able to sit that long but his dad can pick him up when he gets off work if he can't. Once I finish up with these classes I'll probably start taking him with me to Benny's on the weekends Jordon has him since Jordon works on Sunday mornings. He'll love it there and will be able to run around.

Well I probably should do some work today, boss is gone and it's just a down day. Snowstorm due tomorrow so we'll see if we actually get anything or if it's all hype. I think they're only predicting 1" for our area so nothing major expect wind gusts are supposed to be up to 50 mph.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Wow... that farm life sounds wonderful Tammy! And that will be good for Jasper. He'll love it... if you can keep him out of mischief! Lol
We had temps around 45 when I got up this morning and it's not suppose to rise much today. I think I might put on a pot of pinto beans. That chili sounds so good that it inspired me. I should have soaked them last night though. Hmmm.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"FALL in love with Jesus, He will never LEAF you!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  12:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Waiting, waiting, waiting.....that's all just waiting. A few more hours. Tick tick tick. I'm giving up on cleaning. The bathrooms are clean, other things are decent, the school area/dining room desperately needs to be organized but I can't focus anymore so I'm giving up and resting.

How is everyone's week going?? Tammy I'm so glad you found someone who makes you happy!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I had a different kind of Birthday yesterday, Not Bad but Not Great either...just different. Kudos to My Darling Husband who tried
to make it nice in his limited capacity. We went for a nice drive around Portland's Beautiful Homes and Gardens. That lifted my Spirits as I love the
Outdoors and the Beautiful Fall Flowers and Trees. My husband was looking for a Homeless Camp that had been shown on the News that was suppose to be ruining
this Part of Portland. We saw non of that going on! I was thinking...what a weird thing to be doing on my birthday...but God and the Creators Beauty wouldn't
let me stay down. I guess I just felt Melancholy because My youngest son's family are all sick for the second time around of a nasty cold and fever...it seems
to have hit early this year. Anyway...The Lord in all his goodness knew just what kind of Therapy I needed...Sunshine, the Rivers, The Snow covered Mt. Hood
and St. Helens and Gorgeous Fall Leaves everywhere...on the trees, on the ground, and blowing in the wind. It was ALL SO LOVELY...who could stay down????
Then we went to The Portland Barnes and Noble. It is inside The Lloyd Center Mall. My hubby wanted to sit and read and I wanted to check out the Store Sales.
I found a Beautiful Book on Mindfulness put out by Flow Magazine. It is one of Those Wonderfully big Hard Covered Books that you just read and write your
thoughts in...meant totally as a Tool of Relaxation. It is called: A BOOK THAT TAKES IT'S TIME. It is A Happy Book and My Hubby bought it for me for my Birthday!
I Love it very much...the Perfect Gift for me...The Queen of Journaling. Then he felt weak and so we headed home.
He needed sleep and I had my Heart and Spirits Lifted and I could only Thank and Praise God.
I heard from All 6 of my kids and got video's from My Four Grandchildren! Shane and Chris' Children. Two in Seattle and two here. They made me
laugh and my heart sing! Very Sweet! Our Son Daniel who is the one in Prison...sent Happy Birthday Wishes and told me I was still really young!! Bless The
Man!! Even from the time he was 14 he always knew the right thing to say! LOL Chris called me later that Night and it was good to chat for a few minutes. He
promised to bring the girls down some time soon! I miss them so much!!! So, that was my day! Tonight at Bible Study we are celebrating the 3 women with Fall
Birthdays as well as doing our Lesson. That is always a Special Time too for we do know how to PARTY. When my youngest sons family gets well we will have a
belated birthday celebration. Which will be Wonderful because they always Spoil Me. My Son Pat who lives with us got me a Beautiful Peach Colored Rose.

Well, I also got a Book of Poetry that my husband bought for me from a Woman in Australia. It is called POEMS FOR THE HEART. I read a few this morning and she
is very talented. I will really enjoy this book too.

OK, I am ever so Happy to see so many coming back to The Porch and stopping for a Chat!

Sabrina..hope hubby made it home yesterday!!! And the Family ALL has a Great Re-Union!!! Enjoy your time together...and I will be praying for the whole family
as you get acclimated to having him back Home.

Judy...glad you are home girl!!! WOW your Temps sound way too cold. It is suppose to be 70 here today! And it is so Beautiful out! I laughed at your description
of your Sissie's White Institutional WALLS! I'm with you girl...COLOR, COLOR and COLOR goes along way to make a Home a Home. Because I live in an Apartment,
they won't let us use color on our Walls but you know me...I decorate with LOTS and LOTS of COLOR!!! Nobody would even recognize my walls with all my decor. LOL

Teacher Tammy...was The Baseball Game part of your Teacher of The Year Award??? How FUN to be able to go!!! Oh, poor Jax. Remember that is what happened to Bella.
Snickers accidentally clawed her in the eye trying to get away from her. But her eye swelled and came out of the socket. I hope Jax pulls through OK! It was hard for
us to have to put Bella down. I'm Praying for Him...he is such a cute little guy! ~ Love your Teacher Trophy!! So, Teacherish!!! The Perfect Apple for The Teacher!

Prairie Tammy...School sounds hectic!!! My brain couldn't even go there! LOL Since you are busy with your Homework and Benny and Jasper could you loan me that first
book???? See, I never forget a sweet offer of good reading material! LOL I'm so Happy that you have good things going on in your life. I will post a picture of my
Diamond Painting in the next few days.

OK, guess I better go get something done before I have to Teach tonight.

Love, Blessings, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 26 2017 11:58:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, sounds like a nice birthday. Bryceton called and talked for a few minutes and thanked me for his cards and money. He had a picture on facebook with his mom, my daughter. He looked so tall. I asked him if he was really that much taller than her and he said he was 6'1 and she's 5'1 3/4. He's going to be taller than his uncle who is 6'8. He turned 16.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  1:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi ya Peg,
So sad that I missed your Birthday on its actual day...BUT, Birthdays were meant to last a week weren't they? That's how Patsy and I do it anyhow. I will be sending you a J.L. e-card, watch for it. Oh... and Patsy had hers on the 21st...the day we had to head home. But we celebrated the day before so it's acceptable! *giggle*
We had another cold one last night. 32 Yikes!!! After 3 days of rain I welcomed the sun today even though it is a little weak.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 26 2017 1:03:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile
WOW Nora, he is tall for a 16 year old!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  1:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good Afternoon everyone,
Sorry that I have been MIA for the last few weeks. We a frost and had to bring in our entire harvest because of it. So for the last few weeks I have been canning and putting up the harvest. For a couple of green horns we did pretty good. I only have one batch of green tomatoes, pumpkins which I will be making pumpkin soup for the freezer and some greens left to can. Then there is the apples. I have a winter apple tree and it is time to harvest now. We will probably be doing that this weekend, provide the rain stops long enough. Finally the last thing that has taken my free time is school started up the first part of October for me and between cutting the vegetables, canning, and homework, I have been really busy. So I am glad that I am almost done.
Now for the good news. I had a PET scan on Friday and the result are that I am officially CANCER free!!!!! It was such a relief to hear that news. Because I have chosen not to do the Chemo and Radiation, they are watching me pretty closely. I am so tired of doctors and really am glad that I don't need to see them for six weeks.
I need to go and get dinner started, so everyone have a great day and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping to take some free time (If I find it) this weekend to read and catch up on what has been going on in your lives. So until then, God Bless
Hugs
Becky

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure!
FGOTM June 2017

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  4:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Becky, that is SUCH good news, about cancer-free!! So happy for you. Also glad to hear that your crops turned out lots of goodies for you too. It'll all taste good to you this winter.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Becky, great news.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  12:23:55 AM  Show Profile
Becky...We are all doing the Happy Dance for you!!! Such GREAT NEWS!!! Answered Prayer for those of us who have been
praying for you. ~ Sounds like your Harvest was Bountiful!!! A lot of hard work but you will be so Thankful come this
winter to have all that yummy home grown food to enjoy!!

It was 71 degrees here today...just gorgeous! Love this late Fall Warm weather! Just so beautiful and I'm still wearing
T-shirts and Capris!!

Judy...hey girlfriend...I make my Birthday stretch out as long as possible. I forgot Patsy's birthday was in Oct. also.
Your weather sounds really cold...brrrr!! They are saying we are suppose to have a snowy winter here. What???
I'll believe that when I see it. LOL We don't do snow well here. Rain, Yes...Snow, not so much! If we want snow we drive
to the Mountains. We go find it...it doesn't find us!

Nora...16 and 6ft 1...WOW, he is a tall one! I think you are right he probably will get as tall as his Uncle.

Had Bible Study tonight and it was a great Study. Also, had Birthday Night. In one of my Birthday Cards one of my gals
gave me a Refrigerator Magnet that was so cute...It says: Glam-ma...a glamorous woman with grandchildren who is Far Too
Fabulous to just be called grandma. I Love It! So, cute!!! Usually we just put a dollar bill in each birthday card...then
you usually get about $15.00 to go buy something fun like nail polish, a book, earrings whatever! One gal always brings
you a Card with a Happy Birthday Balloon Attached to it! That is is fun too. Somebody gave me Starbucks Gum. One gal
who is one of my closest Friends bought me a set of Amazing Glitter Pens for Coloring from Colorit. I had seen them as
they are a new item but didn't want to spend $60.00 on the set. I was going to wait until they ran them for about 39.99
around the Holidays. So, boy was I both delighted and shocked that she spent that much money on me!!! Another gal gave
me a Porcelain doll that is dressed in a Scottish outfit. She said for me to pass it along to one of my grand-daughters
as someone gave it to her to gift to someone. It is really cute but I don't collect dolls...so I will pass it along.
So, that was a fun night!

Glad to see our Porchies coming back home for some seriously needed Chit-Chat. We miss ya'll when you are MIA for so
long.

Have Sweet Dreams Dear Ones,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 27 2017 12:27:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  3:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Happy Belated birthday Peggy!! Glad you had a good day!

Becky-so glad to hear you are cancer free!!

Hubby made it in, all is well. It was difficult since I had to pick him up at 3am, of course I couldn't really get to sleep before that so I got a couple hours of sleep then when we got home and finally got the baby settled back down we got a couple more hours of sleep before all the kids woke up. Only my oldest knew he was coming home that night, my brother came over and spent the night so I wouldn't have to wake them all up but then left early in the morning so the kids didn't even know he was here. So they were surprised to wake up and find dad here! That said I'm still exhausted from the lost sleep! It is always an adjustment of course but things are going well so far. I can't convince him to just relax and not try to do all of the house projects that have been waiting immediately!! LOL

I'm going to get tea packages ready to mail out this weekend, maybe I'll get them in the mail while it is still actually october!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  3:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, glad he made it home safe. The kids had to be really excited.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  4:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Finally got some useful rain today. But a 5 bedroom house is not big enough for 4 cats and a puppy. I'm tired of yelling at them. However, it has been comical.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page