Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  01:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Grace I am so glad that you stopped by the Porch and gave us a shout-out!! -6 yikes that is way too cold!!! That is one of the reasons I moved away from
Eastern Washington. LOL That and all that lovely SNOW! Your pup looks like he (or she) could get lost in that snow. Good thing for the darker ears! So Cute!
My Scotty loves the snow! And we have had snow all week so far. It is snowing out there as we chat.

Nora...Duke is a smart dog! Can I borrow him! LOL I have to force my dog back in doors! Because I am freezing and wet from the snow...in just minutes.

Teacher Tammy...Your Butterflies do seem a little bit cheeky. LOL But I love your stories about them. May I just say that I am proud of the young lady who
challenged you to read the first Harry Potter Book!!! I loved that whole series and I didn't think I would! I like a bit of Fantasy and Sci-Fie once in awhile.
Like I just listened to the Book The Watch Makers Daughter and it was like Regency Meets Disney. LOL A Love Story with a bit of Magic. I for sure will read the
others in the Series or listen to them.

I'm praying that we can still have Bible Study tomorrow Night. Snow Snow Go Away!! I have a really good lesson I'm teaching on the 7 Seals/7 Angels/& 7 Trumpets of Revelation.
And the Three Woes. Exciting End Times Discussion is sure to ensue. And we are having our Feb. Birthday Pary...with several new people coming. FUN FUN FUN!!! I can't wait!

OK...hope you all are having good weather...there are places that are having Horrible Weather across the Nation...and I pray for them ALL!

Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  06:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Bible study lesson sounds very interesting. Wish I could be there.
Cooler today after a couple of 70 degree days. Got the stuff out and cleaned up for new chicks. Chick Days are here!!! Going to get 9 pullets and 3 straight runs. Hoping for one rooster in the later group. Makes me feel like a new mama for a couple of months. Ha! Ha!
I slept really well last night, all the cats decided to stay outside and Duke didn't wake up until 7.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  11:44:27 AM  Show Profile
YES...I would love to hear that study message too. There's not enough SonDay morning messages on Revelations! Amen? Amen!
Love the doggy pic. Most dogs who are raised in snow country love it. All the dogs we had when I was growing up, tunneled thru it and had a ball. We'd say, "A mouse, a mouse"... and they'd be off and tunneling to find it. Hahaha It's a whole new playground for them. The neighbor that I walk with has a poodle that walks with us every time. She loves the snow and especially mud puddles. Never saw anything like it. Hahaha Ya think she'd be freezing with that thin, curly fur. BUT, no!!! Hahaha
Well, we are having colder temps again... and rain. Rain thru SonDay.
Dave took his jeep to get the grill and muffler put on today. Now it's done.(deer, deer, stay away)
I made a Crockpot of chicken/mushroom soup last night. Man the house smelled good. Today I made a pan of buttered/garlic noodles to put the soup over. Yum!!! It's so good!
Well, have a great weekend Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  11:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Almost done with that ark gals... anyone want to join me? It's about ready to float. There is a LOT of water standing around outside and no sun till Sunday! yikes...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  2:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all. We are COLD here and I'm tired of it!! The week started off pretty smooth but then Thursday there was an ice storm (well the threat of an ice storm, it didn't get that bad) and everything was canceled including hubby's work, but he did go in for a couple of hours. So I thought great I'll get ahead on my to-do list. Nope I ended up vegging all day. Then last night at 1:30am my friend calls and is in labor and needs me to come watch her kids. Well hubby has to be at work early and can't get my kids up and out the door and to her house, it would mean getting up AT LEAST an hour earlier and if he is already leaving the house at 4:30 I just can't do that to him. So I woke everyone up and loaded up to go watch her kids. Her husband came back home about 10am. I had 10 kids (5 of mine and 5 of hers). It was a bit chaotic. Then I had a previously scheduled home visit for the exchange program, I already rescheduled that appointment once and the girl lived close to my friend so I just decided to stick it out and get that done.

I left there around 1, made a quick stop for some food for the kids since they hadn't eaten much. Then I had to stop at the feed store for some rabbit supplies.....

So the rabbit....I've been waiting months for this angora breeder about 1.5 hours from me to have a litter. Well she finally had a litter and I was planning to get 2 does. But she only had two does and the lady ahead of me on the waiting list wanted them both :(. So I told her I would take one of the bucks, gotta start somewhere!! Well she suggested I ask this other breeder in MO if she had any does. She had one doe and she just HAPPENED to be going to Kansas City today to meet someone at the airport and could meet us there with the bunny tonight. She lives nearly a 4 hour drive from me and KC is only 2 so this saves a lot of time and gas (or a lot of expense paying a transporter) so hubby is driving out there as soon as he gets off work to pick her up!! I just didn't expect to get one with such little notice since I thought I would get one on hold when a new litter is born and have 6-8 weeks to get ready!!

Now I'm way behind on several things but I'm too tired to do any of it tonight. Maybe tomorrow if I'm not distracted by the new rabbit!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  10:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I hated the harry potter book needless to say I am not reading the series I just couldn't get into it at all. sweet butterfly said well I tried and said well better luck next time lol

it is snowing here today I am so tired of the cold winter so ready for spring
I am giving the house a good cleaning today afgter being sick...still have the nasty cough but hoping it will leave soon
well off I go yall have a great day
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, we had rain first half of the day and just gloomy the other half. Patsy said she still had rain but with the added bonus of lightening and thunder. We are expecting that same stretch of storms to reach us tomorrow. Yippee! Tried to get hubby to go to his mum's today and stay home tomorrow with me... but, alas I guess he doesn't speak 'wife-whine', so my hint went unheeded. Maybe I'll change that to 'wife-wine' and have a big glass and not care if it storms or not! hahaha *sigh*
TLTammy, I've been on a cleaning binge myself the past two days. I've cleaned out my food cupboard and my spice and baking materials.
Can't believe how time flies. A lot of that stuff was dated 2014. How did we get to 2018 so quickly?
Well, have a good evening Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  7:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
LOL Judy! Want some cheese and crackers to go with that whine? to funny..

Who needs an ark? I truly think my house might float away tonight.. we have flash flood warnings till midnight and tornado warnings till 2 am.. Toto..Pack up.. we are going to Kansas! lol

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  7:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Rofl.... hey Sissy, was that YOU on that bike I just saw fly past my window??? Hang on Toto! hahahahaha
And ...yes, I would love some smokey swiss cheese and Ritz crackers if you please!
We ARE a hoot!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  05:16:37 AM  Show Profile
Duke and the cats are very, very tired of the rain. But we need it so badly that I haven't started complaining yet. I watched a really great movie this week, three times in two days. "Same Kind of Different as Me" is truly a great movie. It will be like StepMom, if I need a good cry it will be one of my go to movies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  01:38:04 AM  Show Profile
You Are ALL so FuNnY My Porchies...

I have been having lots of Fibro issues with this insane weather. Just been trying to take it easy! Today I actually got to actually read for most of the
Afternoon. I haven't done that in ions of time. It felt really good! To just sit and read rather than listen to a book while I did other things. It was a
very Gray and Rainy day here. And YES Patsy come and get me...I could use some Ark Time. At least in the Ark I wouldn't have to keep taking my dog out in
this nasty weather. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am really NOT surprised that you Hated Harry Potter. LOL But just remember that God gave us an Imagination for a reason! Maybe some of us
just have a little too much!!!

Sabrina...I got tired just reading about your week and I have a feeling that you left a lot out! LOL 10 Kids to watch?????????? WHAT??? You need a day to do
absolutely NOTHING!! You earned it Girlfriend!!

Judy...I think trading the Whine for a Wine was probably a good alternative...since the man didn't seem to catch onto your plan for him. LOL

Well, I need to get to bed...I have my sweet grandbabies tomorrow for a few hours! Can't wait...but I am running on EMPTY on my Energy Meter. We will have
fun though. I spent yesterday afternoon with them and they had me in stitches most of the time.

Keep Dry and Warm Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi girlies! After a gray, chilly, wet weekend, I got up and it was 50, light breeze and sun, sun, sun! Wow, what a change! Spose to be like this for 3 days. Then March is suppose to come in like a lion, with hard rains and 40's. We shall see.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  5:07:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I decided God did not give me that kind of mind lol....my imagination goes for those cozy murder mysteries those who done it and of course Jane Austen. Yall they had on the movie Pride and Prejudice and the zombies.. I was like this movie is awful I am sure Jane Austen is rolling in her grave hahahahahahahah!!!!!

It was beautiful day here. Felt like spring. I have spring fever so bad. Finally feel like myself after two weeks of sickness. I cleaned my house top to bottom over the weekend. Germs be gone type cleaning

well I have some papers to grade just flew in for a minute.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  05:32:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Peggy-I didn't leave much out but all of that happened in ONE DAY! I was awake for like 23.5 hours straight....THAT was exhausting!! But I did hardly anything on Thursday and hardly anything on Saturday. Sunday afternoon I spent catching up on writing and taking breaks to go outside and enjoy the nicer weather and watch hubby work on my rabbit hutch (the rabbit is currently hanging out in the giant dog kennel in the chicken coop).

Lenora- did you get your chicks yet?? We need more layers but we don't feel like fooling with chicks this year so we are going to go to the animal swap this Sunday and hope to find some older pullets. BUT we also have one hen who likes to go broody so when we get the rabbit moved out of the dog kennel we are going to use that to let her sit on a clutch to hatch out. Hopefully having her in there will mean we can shut her in when they start to hatch and protect them....we lost two chicks last time she hatched to the other chickens :0 I didn't know they would snatch them out of the next like that it was all quite disturbing. Depending on how the hatch out goes we *might* pick up a few day old chicks and stick them in with her.

Tammy-you wouldn't want to spend much time at my house if you hate Harry Potter. We all love it, our cats and some of our chickens are named after HP characters. But we are a fantasy-loving family. I also love historical fiction but I'll leave all the murder mysteries to you-definitely not my thing.

Our weather is finally starting to turn nice. It has been sunny and 50s-60s the last couple days. Unfortunately all the ice/snow/freezing rain last week left everything super muddy. It is supposed to rain again Wednesday, which we need but will just get it muddy again.

I have anxiety like a new mom over this rabbit....I'm so paranoid she is going to escape or something is going to get her. I don't know why, my chickens have been fine and she is about the same size. I've gotta go look for a comb to groom her, that needs to be done weekly. Hubby is about half finished building her hutch/pen.

My 3-year-old fell sick yesterday, just suddenly started running a fever then slept most of the day. Then last night my oldest woke us up saying she felt nauseous. She went back to bed without getting sick but she may be coming down with something. They are all still asleep and I plan to leave them that way. Luckily my to-do list this week is shorter than usual and I had already canceled most of our plans for the week so that we could stay home and focus on things around here. I have a couple things that need to get done today but not too much then we can all just relax the rest of the week.

I have a woodpecker outside that sounds like he is pecking on the house. I know hubby has gone and looked when we have heard it and said it was the tree right by the window but today it really sounds like the house....does anyone know how to get them to NOT peck a house? Other than changing the siding to vinyl? (We do plan to replace the siding in the near future but wasn't planning to do it immediately.)

Well ladies I hope you have had a good start to your week!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  06:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Sabrina, I got 6 Wynedots and 6 Ameraucans on Saturday. Duke thought I had gotten him an order of chicken nuggets. He wants to go check on them everytime we go outside. Should have eggs the end of July or August. Good luck finding some nice ladies at your swap. I wanted to get some straight runs in hopes of a rooster since all mine disappeared this winter. So now I will have to go to a swap for a rooster.

Hope your baby gets well quickly.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  06:28:11 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Sabrina, I got 6 Wynedots and 6 Ameraucans on Saturday. Duke thought I had gotten him an order of chicken nuggets. He wants to go check on them everytime we go outside. Should have eggs the end of July or August. Good luck finding some nice ladies at your swap. I wanted to get some straight runs in hopes of a rooster since all mine disappeared this winter. So now I will have to go to a swap for a rooster.

Hope your baby gets well quickly.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  6:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Wind has been really bad here since about 9 last night. We lost electric sometime after 1:30 and it got down in the low thirty's. I went out and put the peeps in the cat carrier and brought them in front of the heater. They were very still when I got them in. Electric came back on around 2 this afternoon. Hope everyone has a super week-end.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile
Lenora,

Wyondottes is what I had planned to raise but mine are a bit more temperamental than I like so now I'm considering Brahma....I don't like the feathers on their legs but I have a Brahma rooster and he is my most relaxed bird. I'm still deciding. I kind of want Ameraucunas for the colored eggs but I think they are ugly birds so I'm not sure LOL. For now I'm just going to get whatever I can find.

Little man hasn't had a fever again but his nose is running constantly and he has a cough, two other kids are starting to come down with "the crud" I guess. So we have just been taking it easy around here.

I don't have a great picture of my new rabbit yet but here is a picture of her playing in the grass in her pen. Her name is Eowyn. She is going to give me lovely wool and hopefully lovely babies someday :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  11:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Just getting ready to go hangout with my youngest son and family. Not sure what we are going to do but we are going to do it! LOL

Chickens and Rabbits...makes me feel like Spring is almost here!!! Cute Rabbit Sabrina!!!

I just took done Valentine Decore and Getting ready to put Easter up! I just have to decorate!! It is in my Jeans (I mean genes)! LOL

My Son's gout is bothering him again. Poor Kid! I feel so badly for him!

Nora...loved your Chicken Nuggets for Duke comment!! LOL That was really cute!

Just finished a Diamond painting of a cow...that is so cute! I would post but I can't do anything on here but type. I can no longer email a Porchie or Farmgirl,
Can't make corrections in my spelling, can't add pictures. I'm not sure WHY????? But this happened about a month ago and has never corrected.

OK...Off to go play with my kids. Nice and Sunny here today! And I'm feeling good!!

More Later My Lovely Farmgirls!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  12:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, my Braham rooster turned mean after three years and had to do away with Big Boy. He seemed too heavy for my hens, also. Love the rabbit.
Cute (or not) story. We use to raise rabbits and when the babies were old enough we would kill them and eat them. One Easter I made rabbit stew for lunch. My son was about 10 and after lunch he said he was going to one of his friend's houses to see what the Easter bunny brought him. I said he had just eaten the Easter bunny. He came back later and said the Easter bunny had made it to his friend's house. I'm not too twisted.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Nora...Bahahaha!!! Good one! Shall we just call you our Twisted Sista?? LOL I remember that my Uncle wanted my brother to help him kill and skin the rabbits.
And my brother got deathly ill and threw up and left. My uncle was so mad that he called my brother some cruel names (my brother was only about 10 at the time)
and I thought my uncle was sooooo mean. After ALL we were City Kids.
I'm sure my brother hated my Uncle after that! But non of us kids could eat the cooked rabbit that night...because we just thought how cute and
adorable they were to play with. My Brother did end up being a Hunter in later life so it must not have irretrievably scared him or anything. But our minds
never went to the Easter Bunny...LOL...or we might have had to boycott Easter from then on out! LOL

Thanks for the "Memory" though!!! For better or worse it evoked another story from days gone by.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile
Yes they are adorable. I still love rabbit but rarely get a chance to fix it anymore. My son has a pet rabbit now for my granddaughter.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  5:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
March indeed came in like a lion. So hope it goes out like a lamb...

Did anyone notice that Easter is on April 1st? Judy and I were discussing it.. that's just wrong..

Sabrina: Never heard of chicks being hurt by other chickens. weird.. cannibal chickens.

Woodpeckers like bare wood so make sure it's painted. My sis in law had them riddling her porch roof. They were after the wood borers larvae already in the wood. So after she sprayed the bugs, guess what? No more woodpeckers.. they are only doing the job they are intended to do.

Nora: I see your next rabbit meal..

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  4:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Patsy-they had just hatched and were still slimy, I think they must have looked/smelled like food to the chickens that weren't broody! Once they were dried and fluffed out the other chickens didn't mess with them.

Lenora-that is a good point and concern with the brahma....he is awfully big. I'll have to watch carefully and make sure he doesn't hurt anyone. Hopefully he doesn't turn mean. We also have a silver lace wyondotte rooster right now. Hubby wants to keep two so we have a backup.

Well we picked up 8 chickens (just "barnyard birds") at the animal swap. There weren't a lot of choices, several people wanting to get rid of older hens (2+ years) and everyone overcharging. We also got two unexpected additions......

Those are Ruby and Elanor....they are American Chinchilla x New Zealand crosses. They are for meat rabbit purposes (although THEY won't be our meat). We will see how that goes, we still have to get a buck.

Kids are still fighting some germ, I'm getting tired of it. I'd almost prefer they get really sick and then get over it than this lingering mild ick that is dragging out forever!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  4:24:19 PM  Show Profile
That's the problem with taking kids - its hard to say no to a picture like that. Hope they are good rabbits. One of the doe's we had was pure mean. No matter how you held her she was going to get you with her back feet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page