Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  5:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening yall,

Miss peggy I am so glad you are not running away from home. You know my butterfly wings can clip yours right here in the rocking chair. Don't make my teacher voice come out.
It is crazy right now with school. We need sunshine so badly...my butterflies need to get out and flutter their wings and winter does not want to go his merry way. My butterflies think we should have a beach in our school lol...just about cracked me up. They had a plan and all until they realized they couldn't get the sand past the security system. lol and the one child said well we could wave our wings that would open it right up. Oh my goodness hilarious. We are in the final stretch of school. Our school musical is on the 22nd and so who knows how many wings I will clip during practice. Have yall seen what happens when you have spring fever and musical practice....that is wing clipping on the run!!!!!!

I have been reading a Jane Austen Mystery called Jane and the Waterloo Map. I am getting my fix for mysteries and Jane. It is pretty good. there is a whole series of them.

Ok yall I have some serious laundry to catch up on. I left you some chocolate muffins and rose tea ...no calories at all.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  6:05:22 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I agree with your butterflies. It's time for a beach. I am really tired of the cold. I imagine they are really tired of being cooped up all the time.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2018 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

So glad you decided to stay Peggy. I love reading your stuff. Your wit and humor would be sorely missed! I never go anywhere else on MJF either. This is it. You all have such interesting lives and we have all shared so much. We are like "family". When one goes missing for awhile, we all wonder about them till they show up again.

I've decided to give chickens a try. Got 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes and 3 Barred Rocks. Love big, brown eggs, so we shall see. They are in a huge plastic tub with a light for warmth. Love to hear their peeping. Google these breeds if you want to see what they look like as adults.

After this wind passes through tonight, we will have 2 days of rain. yippee skippy.. Temps have been 80 last 2 days. The weather has been crazy. Up..Down..Up..Down.. We are all ready for nice weather..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  4:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday from very cold Nebraska,
I am beginning to think spring is never coming here....it was a blizzard this weekend...yes a blizzard in April. I am ready to pack up go to the beach and never come home.

Just popping in to say hi and hope yall have a blessed week.
love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
It's 35 and snowing in the air. Snow showers for all afternoon. Very gusty 30 to 40 mph winds. Had to bring in my petunias.. poor things have droopy petals and leaves.

Oh ya.. we have freeze warnings out. There goes my apple tree blooms.

Excuse my while I go nest on the couch till summer!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Apr 16 2018 12:34:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  2:17:28 PM  Show Profile
We are all hanging onto snowsqualls, it seems. We are also having winds, 40 and snow today. Just spitting snow so far but tonight and tomorrow, there may be an inch or two, Wait and see, right? That wind is sharp. We went out for lunch and now I can't get warm!!!
More layers please... and HOT beverages!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  2:32:42 PM  Show Profile
We had a lot of rain over night and temps have dropped into the 50's from the 70's and 80's. Guess Mother Nature had another temper tantrum. Be glad when she has hot flashes. My poor cold doesn't have a chance.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  12:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Just hopping on to let you know that my mom went to the Hospital last
Wensday for a blood Transfussion... she sounded much better that night
But Thursday Morning she went into a Coma and The Dr. told me to get to
Spokane as quickly as I could! So, hubby and I drove the 6 hrs there! And
By Fri at 1:55 She went home to Jesus and my Dad! My youngest son and
Family drove up the next day to help me and hubby went home on Sunday!
Today Shane and I started the Legal Stuff! So far it is going much easier than my
Aunt’s Legal Proceedings went!! The hardest part will be cleaning out 55?yrs of
Life in this one house!...so I can put it up for sale! It needs a New Roof and updating
On the inside! So, we shall see! I am staying through next weekend and then my kids will
Come back and take me home! we will be back and forth all Summer most likely! Prayers
Will be appreciated!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  05:54:56 AM  Show Profile
So sorry for your loss, Peggy. Will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. Hugs!!

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  11:32:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear that... and yet... we knew it was coming from all you've told us! Such a cantankerous old gal... but, that was your mom's way!
Prayers and Love coming your way, Buddy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 17 2018 11:36:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  6:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I'm so sorry for your loss!!

I'm sorry I went MIA on y'all, life has been busy, mostly good busy but I let too many things creep in again. I'm working on clearing my plate again now. Someday maybe I'll learn.

I went to the OCC volunteer conference in Phoenix last weekend and it was absolutely amazing. My cup is filled and I feel like I have direction both in my position with OCC and in life in general. Granted I get home and things are chaotic again but I'm working on that and have a plan. The kids have just been requiring a ton of time and attention lately and I've been trying to stay off the computer most of the time when they are awake, so when they are asleep I'm trying to write, answer emails, do occ stuff, and do any online household stuff needed so it hasn't left me much time to pop in here. I haven't caught up on the thread yet because I only have a few minutes this evening but maybe sometime next week I can scan back through it.

I hope you are all doing well!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  8:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, I am so sorry! You are in my prayers and sending love.

darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  8:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Dear PeggyAnn... So sorry to hear about your mom... You are right, the hard part begins.. praying for you daily. Lean hard on PaPa God.

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  06:37:59 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, don't forget to take care of yourself while you take care of everyone else. Learn to use a two letter word once in a while (No).

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2018 :  6:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Hello anyone out here on the porch,
Inquiring minds are looking for yall. Don't make my teacher wings come find yall!!!
Seems spring might have finally made it to my neck of the woods. It has been beautiful and made for happy little butterflies and teacher butterfly too.
We are coming down to the end of the year which hardly seems possible. Took my butterflies to our state capitol yesterday for their field trip. It was fun.

Anxious to plant flowers and be outside more. Spring is my favorite season. Well when it is actually here lol
hope all is well with yall left you some chocolate chip scones.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2018 :  6:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Field trips were always so much fun, when my kids were in school. I took my granddaughter to DC the other year. She enjoyed the Air Space Museum best just like her dad and aunt did when they were that age. I'm still not sure about spring yet. The old folk say not to plant until you hear the Whip-O-Will and I have yet to hear them.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  05:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! So much has happened and I do not know where to start! First, let me say again, Peggy I am so sorry for your loss!!!

Life here has been BUSY, between appointments for Jenni (who is finally gaining weight), baby animals on the homestead, homeschool, and starting to prepare for the garden... then on Monday we received a shocking call... Brad's dad had his annual stress test that day... went home afterwards and took a nap... and never woke up. He was only 61! I think we are all still in a state of shock! You are never prepared for a loved one to pass, but we had no warning! What a hard way to be reminded that tomorrow is never promised!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  10:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, prayers. You have a lot on your plate.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  10:51:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Beloved Porchies,

I finally got home late yesterday afternoon. Hubby came to get me...Shane and his littel family were willing to come get me but...they all sounded so warn out. Larry was
glad to get me as he said that me being gone two weeks was too long. I think he missed me girls! LOL That can be a good thing sometimes: "Abscense makes the Heart grow
fonder" and all that! LOL We had a wonderful trip home together and the weather was 80 but we had air conditioning...so hay, we were good!!! Got home in rush hour traffic
which meant a 40 minute delay...but it was OK. My son came by to get me to take me to dinner and to look at a couple more houses (which is fun to do with them). They were
dudley though and not in the best of neighborhoods.

Well, after two weeks of hard work...I managed to get rid of 16 bags, of clothes, coats, shoes, etc! My Grand-daughter in Spokane wanted all the clothing as her school is doing a Textile Fund Raiser For Graduation. Perfect Timing! They hauled all the clothing off for me. Plus her and mommy went through all the bags and rebagged them and found some things they wanted. Great with me!! Hallie has Sr. Prom this weekend so she loved Great Grandma's vintage clutch purses. Her Mom said to me, "Did you know you gave away a brand new pair of shoes, still in the box with the tags on them?" Yes, ma'am I did know that! My mom had smaller feet than me...so they wouldn't do me any good. She goes well, they fit me perctly so I kept them. Great!!! I'm so glad somebody I know and love could use them. ~ I went through everything on the top level of the house. Hand washed every dish in her house as
My Mom's dishwasher was not working...but I don't think she knew it...and everything (even everyday dishes and glasses) were just grimey! ~ I blew up an old throw she had in the linen closet!!! I washed it and when I through it in the dryer...it came out a pile of FUZZ all inside the dryer! What a mess that was! It is funny now but I wasn't laughing then.
~ I spent most of one week going through all her financial records and boy was that a time consuming effort. Praise God though that she was so organized! Both her and her sister were maticulas record keepers. So, the hard work was in the sheer volume of what she had. ~ My family is big on Cremation...so, I didn't have to arrange for a funeral on top of all that...which was nice! She out lived every friend and family but Me and her Church Bible Study Group. And they were a wonderful Group of Women. They came for two days to The Hospital and even though she was in a coma...they talked to her, sang over her, prayed over her, read scripture to her...and the Pastor came and read and prayed over her too. Everyone knew she was a tough old Bird but they still loved her and were there for her. Lovely Group of Women!~ the second day the Dr. at the Hospital was thinking about having her moved to a Hospice Nursing Home...and all I could hear in my head was my mom saying..."If you ever put me in a Nusing Home I am coming back to Haunt you!" Well, she would have to...I am sure of it! LOL So, I said to the Dr. how about we take her off the Oxygen...she wanted nothing done that would keep her alive artificially. She, said, "Well, it is your choice, and so she reached over and took the Oxygen hose off of her...and she said, "I will just hold off on contacting the Hospice People then." The two Christian sisters that
were there with me, said they would leave and give me alone time with my mom, which I really appreciated! I had brought a book from her house that she had been reading on the Holy Spirit...and after talking to her for awhile...and letting her know that I was still there and that she could let go...and go home to be with Jesus and my dad and the rest of her loved ones that went before her...I sat down and opened her book on the Holy Spirit and I told her that I was going to read to her from it...exactly where she left off. I had only been reading for about five minutes...when I heard a faint sigh from her and then nothing. It startled me and I said, "Mom, did you just leave me????" And I looked over and she wasn't breathing. I took her pulse and then put my cheek down near her mouth and could feel no air. So, I kissed her and then went and told the Nurse that my mom had just passed.
It was all so peaceful and gentle and Papa God was so faithful and gracious to the very end.

Well, I had more to say...but I will close this chapter (LOL) for today. Hubby wants me to go somewhere with him. I came home to a mess...but don't have the energy to do anything about it or care at this point.

Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers. I felt them wrapped around me. And still covet more as I deal with all this.

Judy and Patsy, thank you for the beautiful cards!!! So Sweet of you!! And Judy...that Queen Magnet was just what I needed for a good snort and giggle! Your timing is
always Perfect Girl!

Shannon...my prayers are with you and your family!!! Grief is doubled when you have nor warning and it is sudden like that. It is hard to wrap your head and heart around
it. I knew my mom wasn't doing well, so I knew she only had at max 16 months of life left. Only 6 months in and she went home peacefully...I couldn't have asked for anything
more from Papa God.

Glad to be home for a couple of weeks!
Love and Appreciation My Sweet Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  11:11:12 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome Peg, and Welcome Back!!!
Shannon, I am so sorry for your loss! 61...wow! Dave just went thru a stress test n they thought he had a blockage but after further testing they said "No!" So we don't know what to think now... but he is short of breath at times. Time will tell I guess.
Tammy, I'm glad you finally have some nice weather. I'm sure you and all the little 'flutter-byes' are happy to get out there and stretch those wings. haha Enjoy!
Going outside to enjoy the Spring day myself... We could have some chilly days yet. One never knows!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  2:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, know my prayers are there with you, I am glad you were there with your mom, I wasn't when my mom passed.
Take care.

love you friend.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  10:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I always come and read on the Porch. I do hit some other threads too but don't post here. I do facebook and have contemplated getting off there. There is so much there that I miss a lot of things that I don't see in my feed. I really prefer the forums like this but I wouldn't see all the pics of my grandkids so I stay on there.

Trying to get some Spring cleaning done. Started out with great ambition on Monday and on Tuesday I did some and had my grands here. Then Wednesday was appointments so I just puttered and yesterday was errand day. It is overcast and rainy and I have only accomplished paperwork that I needed to catch up on. I was away for 2 1/2 weeks with my Ohio grands and then up to Pa to my in laws. So trying to get back into the swing of things here.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 27 2018 10:25:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  10:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I just read your post about your mom and I am so glad you were there with her and that you know where she is now.
I was privileged to be with my dad when he passed and though it was a shock I am glad he went to be with my mom and sister. What a beautiful thing it was to have so many who knew and loved come to spend time with her. I don't believe we ever get over grieving I think we just take it as part of our lives now. I was thinking of my dad last night and this morning while I was at the table doing paperwork I felt the need to go into the front room to check on him. He has been gone since August so this was very strange to me. It will be nine months on the 5th of May.

What a blessing it is for us to know where they are now and who they are with.

love and hugs,

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 27 2018 10:41:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  12:58:07 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Denise...Thank you for your sweet comments. It is such a comfort when you know where your parents and syblings have gone and who they will reunite with!
It is hard for people to understand but even though I loved my Mother, I didn't always like her. I think her Lawn Care Guy summed up everyone's feelings
best when he told me with tears streaming down his cheeks, "Ann could be a real *witch (with a *B) but she had a good heart inside. My DIL heard what he
said and as she brought him a box of Kleenex...she said, "I think that is the Best Discription of Ann I have ever heard! And sadly it was true!!! So, I have
shed no tears over her death...and I Praise God that she did become a Christian in her later years. I wish I had that close Mother/Daughter Bond that so many
of you do...but it was just never there. Yet, I was the closest to her of all of us three kids...and I defended her often and tried to keep Peace in the Family.
My little sister and older brother both had to forgive mom and make peace with God about her before they died. I will not have to do that. I loved and respected
her as the Bible tells us to do, towards are parents...but she wasn't my Best Friend and I have no warm fuzzy feelings or memories. And I have given myself
permission to say that and not let it ever fester and turn to bitterness inside my heart and soul...like I saw it do to my Sister and Brother. Of the 3 of us
kids she loved my brother the most (probably because he was the first born). And Debby and I were good with that. But there were times that my Brother hated
the ground my mom walked on. The last two years before he died he forgave her and they had an even closer relationship than ever. And I was so happy to see that.
Anyway, sorry for the book on My Families Dynamics Denise. Love You Friend! Please come and share on here...we all love the connection we have developed through
our time spent on the Porch. I stay on FB for the same reason you do...it is where I connect with all the Pictures and Events in the lives of my Grandkids.

Darlene...I was glad that I was there when my Mom passed too and I was also when my Dad passed 17 years ago. My Dad was a Saint in my eyes because he really
loved my Mother like no other. He always treated her like his Girlfriend. They got married at ages 16 and 17 and were married for 52 years before my Dad was called Home.
And He called her his Angel. He was a Prince of a man...because that is a discription of my Mother that nobody ever would connect have thought of calling her. And she really
loved him too. Which was beautiful to see!!

Judy...Thanks for the Welcome Home! I hope to stay here for about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before I head back to Spokane. I got the first floor almost cleared out...but am leaving
the furniture and paintings for an Estate Sale I will do with my Oldest Step Daughter. I left Pat there...for some "Away Time for him" and also he could keep his eye on
the House. Hope to get it on The Market for Sale by the end of June. Lord willing. My kids are being super helpful!!!

Shannon...when my dad passed away he had just had his annual Stress Test too. My goodness that is interesting huh??? I knew my dad wasn't going to live past 1 year as
he was on Kidney Dialisis (sp) and when a White Male Man with heart problems loses his kidney function rapidly like my dad did...then they will die of a massive heartattack.
My dad had three of them in a week. But I had just quit my job (a God Thing) and the Monday that was suppose to be my first day off with no job happened to be the day he
had his first attack that week. So, I was able to get there and talk with him and tell him how much I loved him and touch him and joke with him etc. So God did bless me
in that way. That I was with both my parents at their time of death. I know NOT everyone gets that Blessing and I know how hard it can be. Please give your hubby a big
Hug from All Your Porch Sisters...and tell him to give you one too!! Loss of a parent can be so difficult! How are your kids doing with it?

Teacher Tammy...Yah, your Butterflies and Madam Butterfly are just about ready to spread their Wings for Summer Vacation!!! Everyone must be so excited!!! Are you and
hubby planning a Beach Trip this year??? I hope you get some much needed Beach Time and that the weather cooperates this year!

Nora...how goes your gardening??? MY DIL has all her plants started in the House and she will probably plant in May. That is about the earliest we can go here without
having to worry about a Freak Frost. I just about have all my Flowers planted. One more Tub to fill and I'm done. How is Duke doing??? My Oldest Grandson in Spokane
has a dog named Jack that I just love and I got to see him while I was in Spokane. He pooped in all my Mom's flower beds...and she would have had a royal cow about that.
Oh, well...a little extra fertilizer never hurts!

OK, girls...I NEED a cup of Coffee and need to move my laundry over to the dryer.

Have a Great Weekend...much Love and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  1:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Well, Peggy, I have transplanted broccoli, cabbage and Brussel sprout plants and the chickens have nearly plucked them clean. I put bird netting over them to try to save them. We haven't gotten the fence up around my raised beds yet. I have onions, lettuce, spinach, radishes and peas coming up.
I sometimes wish Duke would use the flower beds he goes in the driveway.

I have pained the back porch and bathroom. The kitchen is next. It has a textured ceiling. I think I'll have to paint it with a brush. That ought to be a ton of fun. Then the ceiling in the living room needs a coat of paint. Those two rooms wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so much stuff to put somewhere else. It's hard living with a pack rat. I learned not to hold on to things after cleaning out my mother-in-law's and my parents homes. They didn't throw out anything.

I turned my new chicks out yesterday and the bigger hens won't leave them alone. And Duke wants to be in on the action also. Two of the cats sit and watch trying to decide if it worth the trouble of chasing them. Sometimes I think I live in a zoo.

Jay's son's girlfriend's kids raise sheep for 4H. They have had three sets of twins this spring. Four were black when they were born the other two were white. One of them has black around her eyes. I'd love to have her. I know nothing about sheep.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page