Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  11:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nora for sharing that! What a Great Message from a smart young woman!!! We are Proud of her!!!

Happy 4th Girls!!! I will probably come back on tomorrow night! Busy week for me!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  6:14:49 PM  Show Profile
Just popping in real quick tonight. This heat has me dragging.
Wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th whatever you may do to celebrate!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  10:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Went to the annual 4th of July yard sale at the park this morning. Kayleigh wasn't excited about getting up at 5 but she was a trooper. She got the okay to get a bunny {hers died last winter}. So Duke, the cats and the kittens have been trying to figure her out all day. Jay has to take chickens to Springfield MA tonight. Kayleigh and I are going to Harrisonburg for fireworks later. She has never been to an actual fireworks display before.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  11:42:06 AM  Show Profile
Nora...I can tell that you are already having FUN with your Grand-daughter! She might have been tired and not have wanted
to get up at 5:00 but I bet she felt that it was worth it once she got her new bunny! I bet she will love the Fireworks
display too. I Love fireworks but our dog hates them. So, it is rather a huge problem for about 3 or 4 nights around here...
I get to hold the dog. I medicate him to keep him calmer but he still wants held. I won't be home until later tonight as
I'm going out with my kids for awhile today and then the grandkids are getting to do their first Fireworks this year. Not
much daddy said, but we will see. He loved doing fireworks when he was a kid. LOL

Denise...I hope you have a great 4th Also! It is supposed to be almost 90 here today but right this moment it is very overcast and windy. I went outside a few minutes ago and I thought my hair might blow right off my head? LOL And I don't mean a
wig!! I have a cute Straw hat set out to wear today...hope I can keep it on my head! Who knows, I may be chasing it down the
streets of town all afternoon. :p

Judy...thanks for the adorable 4th of July E-Card! I loved it!!!

I'm starting a new eating program tomorrow if I get to the store to buy the foods I need. I have discovered that my stomach
problems are caused from SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth) and that is what caused my mom's blood disease. I do not
want to go there myself. So, I'm praying that I can change it around for myself before that happens. I came down with this in
my mid-twenties...and I always thought it was just IBS. Guess I was wrong! It's is far worse than one would think. There are
certain good foods you can't eat if you have SIBO...it acerbates the problem. One example is dark green vegetables. Who would
have thunk????????????????? OK...I'm going to go for this and hope I can turn my Intestinal Problems around. I discovered this
by my DIL who Dr.'s think may have the same problem. So, her and my youngest son may both try this new eating program too. I
hope they do...then I won't feel so all alone in this quest. LOL

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY MY BEAUTIFUL PORCHIES...

LOVE AND BLESSINGS,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 04 2018 11:46:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  3:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, good luck with your new eating regiment. Hope it goes as you wish. Duke wants to sit on my lap with or without loud noises.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  4:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends - and Happy 4th of July <3 Life has been a whirlwind around here... Our company flew out yesterday morning. We had a great visit! Brad's 40th birthday party went really well and Aly was happy family was visiting on her birthday as well! Today we went and picked up our bulk order of meat. We bought another lamb, some ground pork to make scrapple, and some goat meat, as I am determined to try it before I have to butcher my own goat babies. Tomorrow I am hoping to go foraging. Te echinacea is in bloom and we will see what else we can find!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile
The fireworks last night were a little disappointing. We had rain right before dark and the ceiling was low so by the middle of the display you couldn't see the high ones only the lower ones. And Kayleigh wanted to go home. So I took her back to Roanoke this morning. Maybe one day she will stay for the whole week we plan for.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  2:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Nora...so sorry that the fireworks were disappointing. But is that why the grand-daughter wanted to go home? That is so
sad. I have had no grands want to go home early but at about age 16 they start not wanting to come for the week any longer...because of friends and boyfriends or girlfriends. Maybe that is why I love them so much when they are younger
and beg to come to Grandma's. LOL I had a nice 4th with my kiddos. They are so stinken cute and adorable. But see, they
are only 2 and 5!

The other Grandma and I are going out to a late Lunch here in an hour or so. We both feel like some Seafood and we are the
only ones in the Family who like it...so, Oh gee do Patti and I have fun! She is my best friend as well as my Son's MIL.
And she lives with them...so she needs a little break from everyone, once in awhile! She is always teasing me that the grand
kids listen to me better than to mom & dad and her...I told her that is because I don't live at their house with them. They would ignore me too if I did. LOL

Shannon...good to have you on The Porch Sweet girl! You are always soooooooooooo busy! Once you retire like some of us...you
will find that you have a little more time on your hands. Not as much as I thought I would but still more than you gals with
a house full of kiddos and all. Nice that your family was there for a visit!

You girls will never guess where our Teacher Tammy has been (unless you are on FB). She has been at Chip & Joanna's Bakery in
Waco Texas. I told her that we expected lots of pictures when she gets home.

Well, it is windy and warm here. My Chimes sound lovely out on the Porch though. I'm glad that none of my Neighbors hate
them because I grew up with my Mom's and have always loved them. I have about five out on my Porch. My oldest stepdaughter
that has been helping me in Spokane...when she brought me home and came in to visit with her Dad...she told me that I had
one windchime that sounded just like one of my Mom's. LOL I don't doubt it. I have to listen to every windchime I buy...
because they have to have pleasant sounds. I don't like racket! They must be Melodious! Some people love bird feeders/or hummingbird feeders and I love windchimes.

Have a Nice Evening Girls!! I hope your neighbors aren't still doing fireworks. I love them on the 4th but after that I
want them to go away. This year...there have been none going off after the 4th...which has been a blessing.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 06 2018 2:46:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  5:25:29 PM  Show Profile
No, Peggy. She had been away at camp the week before she came up here. But the real problem is and has always been her mom. She does the quilt thing on Kayleigh to make her want to come home. She post on Facebook how much fun she's having without her or how much she misses her baby and Kayleigh want to go home. I sometimes wonder if its even worth the effort.

Oh well, time to put the Rock Roast front and center. Tomorrow is the big day.

Have a great week end ladies. Got my new magazine today and am well into it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  10:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Nora, that definitely makes it difficult for her to enjoy her time away with you.

We finally have a tiny bit cooler weather tonight and for the weekend then its back to high temps and humidity again.

JT is going out to get his mom and bring her to visit for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to having her for a bit

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 06 2018 10:23:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2018 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile
A couple days ago I got to harvest part of my garden... radishes, lettuces, some peppers, and peas. So excited! We also went foraging and harvested some cattails and echinacea. We picked some black eyed susans for my table as well <3 Then yesterday our heat wave hit. We are flirting with 100 :( It wouldn't be nearly as bad if our less than one year old air conditioner wanted to work right! We have too many bodies in this house to be so hot! With all that said, I am thanking God that it is not humid here!!!! This morning we discovered one of our bucklings deceased. We have no idea what happened, as we do not see any injuries! Sad day in the Hudson house :(

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2018 :  1:43:22 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh...I am SOOOO jealous of Tammy. The Gaines Bakery?... how did that happen??? WOW!
Our hot weather finally broke... what a relief! We have 75 today. More like summer. Patsy said the same thing. Her 100+ stuff with humidity broke too. She has the same temps as us for a couple of days. Then it's going back up. I got a lot of weeding done this morning. That heat n humidity sure makes weeds grow.
Shannon, I can't help but wonder if that heat didn't kill your little goat. Poor baby.
Well, I'm off to enjoy more of this wonderful weather.
Take care Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  06:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
I hope yall had a great 4th. I have been on vacation this past week and got back last night. I went to Texas to visit my dad who has had some health issues and take some down time. The rumors are true I visited the Silos for my anniversary, a surprise from my sweet hubby. It was wonderful and can I just say their cupcakes and crossiants are to die for. I will post some picture here soon. I also went to Pioneer Woman's mercantile, toured her ranch where she films her show, and ate at her new pizza place. Did I say fun vacation? My stepmom and I had a lovely week together. My dad lives on a small acreage that has a pond, a beautiful front porch, and a quiet place to refresh. I saw deer most every day. MY dad is starting to show his age and his health is not the greatest but he still has good spirits and keeps going to work and doing what he wants to do and for 73 years I think that is wonderful.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and say I missed yall.
Now I best get to putting my house in order after my son lived here all week. lol
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  3:28:47 PM  Show Profile
It's nice that your father is still as active as he can be at his age. Hope I'm that luck over the next few years.

Our rock roast came off nicely. The humidity was very low.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Spent a good part of the day sitting on the front porch visiting with my mother in law. It has been beautiful the last few days. Tomorrow we are warming up considerably so I enjoyed my porch while I could.

Finished up going through some paperwork and decluttering a lot. Been working on a stitching project and going to start another quilt project soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying summer!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2018 :  03:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Yes, I am alive LOL I think the only reason Peggy hasn't sent a posse out for me is she sees me post occasionally on FB.

Quick update before I dash to work:

I'm still working at the hospital but looking for another job. Please pray I can find something soon.

We leave Thursday after I get off work for a 10 day motorcycle trip to Yellowstone! I am so excited. We'll be hitting Red Lodge, Cooke City, West Yellowstone, and Cody, WY on the trip as well and all on the Harley! Benny's sister lives in Cody so we're going to stop there for at least a day.

The guys have been haying and working on broken equipment which is a constant thing around here. The neighboring farm (over a mile east of us) cows have been getting out and visiting us lol.

Okay, that's all I can share as it's time to leave for work.

Tammy - I'm officially jealous! I'd love to visit the Gaines place and Pioneer Women's. Wow, that would be a great vacation.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2018 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile
I am DEVASTATED! A storm went through here yesterday and plummeted my garden. It is destroyed. Even my zucchini plants are broken to pieces. All my baby zucchinis and cucumbers are gone, as are my peppers and tomatoes. I'm not sure how we are going to recover from this as it was our veggies for the next six months! Please pray for wisdom!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  3:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Good Sonday My Porchies...

It is 95 here right now and suppose to hit 99. Yesterday was the same...so we went to Cannon Beach Oregon. It was
only 70 there. Lovely Beach Day, and we had a ton of FUN!!! Wore me out though! With Fibro it is 1 day of fun and
3 days of recuperating, I slept until noon...so obviously missed Church. But still had my time with Papa God when
I did get up.

Shannon...so sorry to hear about the Storm that wiped out your garden. WOW...that must have been a whopper of a Storm. Maybe others you know might not have gotten hit as badly and will be willing to share some of their produce. My Sisters
In The Lord do that for us here. They gladly share their bounty with the rest of us who don't do gardens any more!

Prairie Tammy...that sounds like a long hot road trip to me...but have FUN and stay SAFE! Take Pictures, we all want to see!!!

Denise...that sounds lovely, having someone to sit on the Porch and visit with. Usually My Porch is only shared with my dog or my Grandkids. I haven't had time to be on my own Porch this summer. Mostly
my Mom's Patio.

Nora...what is going on at your place the past week? I hope you have been doing something enjoyable.
How are the dog and cat getting along? My son told me today that he was going to a Cat's Birthday Party. I said, "What?" He said yeah, one of his friends is obsessed with his Cat, so he is throwing him a Birthday Party. I said, what do you take for a cat...catnip? He laughed and said no, his friend was going to let a mouse loose in the house for the cat to catch and eat!!! Gross, Gross, Gross, I said.
Pat laughed and said, he probably won't even go after the mouse mom, the cat is so domesticated. I told him that I hoped NOT! Pat said I'm just taking some ribs to BBQ for the Party. Geesh, some people
are so Weird!!! Men, with no women to keep them in line that's who!!! LOL

Teacher Tammy...I somehow missed The Pioneer Woman Stop in your conversation. That is just Cool on top of Cool...when it comes to Vacations and Anniversary Gifts. Your husband should score bonus points on
that one!!!

Well, girls...I'm off to eat a slice of Watermelon. My new eating program has me eating LOTS OF FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. But I have to eat the Fruit with no other foods. I find it hard to eat that
much fruit even though I enjoy it.

Stay Cool and enjoy the rest of The Lord's Day!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Happy Blessed SonDay! We've had another 5 day stretch of crazy 90's here too. Dave & I have both suffered from heat-exhaustion. Nights have been our time to re-coup. We've gone to bed before 11...so not "US!" We've slept in late too. I didn't make it to church either. I got up and said, nope, not today, I'm too groggy and spent. Back to bed I went. God understands Peggy! We have a break in the heat coming this week(low 80's and one day in the 70's)
Shannon, so sorry about your veggies. The heat has killed what little we tried to grow this year. We didn't plant much. It's cheaper in the long run to buy what we want at our local farmers' markets.
Keep cool Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  4:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, Peggy, I've gotten caught up in the Elm Creek Quilter books. Been sitting on the front porch reading. I finished my quilt top this morning. I'm going to get the backing and batting tomorrow and start putting it together. I've had a couple pullet eggs. Always excited when the babies start laying. Duke doesn't care much for the heat. He goes from one shade tree to the next and would rather stay in the A/C. Typical male.

I don't go as far as having parties for my animals but they do get a new toy.

A cute cat mouse story. Jay's step dad had a kitten that brought a mouse into the house and he picked the kitten and mouse up and put them in the bath tub. After that everytime the cat caught a mouse he brought it and put in the bathtub--even if someone was taking a bath.

Judy enjoy the break in the heat.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

aidanm
Chapter Leader

25 Posts

Aidan
CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  6:25:13 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,
So sorry to hear about your veggies. I hope you are able to find an inexpensive substitute.

I've been focusing on my dancing and reading. Just trying to get ready for regionals in November. Same old same old.

California Country Girl transplant from Ohio - Bibliophile & Blogger - farmgirlaidan.wordpress.com
Sister #7664
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  06:03:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Another hail storm hit last night. I haven't ventured outside to find out the damage yet! I'm starting to seek out other options of getting fruits and veggies at reasonable prices in bulk amounts. Today I'm hoping to finish straightening the house and then helping the kids work on their 4-H projects for fair. All projects will be static projects this year, but with five children entering things in, most of them multiple items, life is busy! I think I may look into myself entering some things as well... maybe rhubarb jam and strawberry jam!? And if I get really ambitious, maybe an outfit or two... or an apron <3

Peggy - we too have been hot lately, though these storms have brought in a cooler front keeping us below 90 the last couple days! It has been such a pleasant reprieve!

Judy - heat exhaustion is no joke! Hoping you can stay hydrated!!! With this crew that we have, buying enough fruit and veggies is so expensive!!! We went grocery shopping yesterday and 3/4 of what we bought was produce! I'm thankful we are able to buy our cow in bulk and butcher our own chickens... otherwise my grocery bill would be even more scary!!!

Nora - oh how I love your story about the cat and mouse!!! I'm trying to imagine having one brought in while I'm showering... EEEK!!!!

Aidan - lovely to see you here on the porch <3 Can you tell me more about regionals?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello Aiden from N.E. Ohio. Where were you when you were here in Ohio? Tell us more about 'You!'
I think the whole United States is experiencing crazy hot weather this year.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  09:00:58 AM  Show Profile
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr My Post just got wafted out to cyberspace.

Nora...My son said that the cat and mouse became fast friends! LOL Your cat story topped
mine that is for sure! No, cats or mice in my bath...thank you very much. I'm sure it wouldn't
bother Judy one bit, however! LOL Oh, so Duke doesn't like the heat huh? Yesterday we hit 100
and I wasn't much liking the heat either...I didn't even want to be outside to take the dog
to do his thing. Suppose to be in the high 90's today...then maybe cool down the next few days
to the high 80's. Good for you getting some reading done. And your Quilting! I am reading a
book right now from Guidepost that I am really enjoying, it is called Family Secrets...Secrets
of Wayfarers Inn. It is about 3 women who are Retired and decide to buy this Old Inn and restore
it to it's former glory and make it into a Bed & Breakfast. It is a Mystery with all kinds of
hidden passageways in those Old Inn etc. Very Intriguing. I thought that when I finished it
I would do a Give Away here on The Porch of the Book. There is so much more about the story plot
I would love to share but don't want to ruin the Story. I haven't read a real book in a very
long time. I use my Kindle for reading and Audible on my Phone for Listening to Books. But
Guidepost has some really great Book Sets sometimes and I can't resist them. LOL

Judy...I am so sorry that you and Dave have heatstroke. Take it easy (just like you are doing) and
drink more water than usual!!! That is not fun to have. My son is dealing with the same thing this
morning as he was out doing that BBQ all day yesterday. He did walk down to the River and Jump in
when he left his friends house. He said he saw the hugest Beaver Swimming alongside him that he
has ever seen. Said that the Beaver's head was as big as our Scotty dog's head. WOW!!

Aiden...Welcome to The Porch!! Hope you will come back and join us. This is a FUN Place to hang out and enjoy the Wonderful Farm Sisters here. Pull up a Rocker, kick off your boots and tell us a little bit
about yourself.

Shannon...I am glad that you are going to try and buy from your local Farmer's Markets etc. Do you have
a Co-op around you? Sometimes you can get good deals that way too. I don't blame you for Not wanting to
go outside and see the damage left by the second hail storm...a woman can only take so much bad news in
one weekend. Praying that it all works out for you!

Okay Ladies...I was proud of myself for not kicking my laptop to the curb when it ate my Post earlier. LOL Guess I won't chance fate anymore by typing more.

Have a Beautiful Week Porchies and stay hydrated even more than normal.

Hugs and Blessings Flying Your Way,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  09:01:06 AM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I hope this MOnday finds you doing well. I can't believe I am saying this but I am beginning work slowly in my classroom. YIKES!!!! It feels like we just got out. But we have to report back July 30th (do you see my wings beating madly about this) School starts a month from today.

I am trying to get windows scraped and painted before they begin siding our house. With all the hail we had earlier we are getting it resided in a week or two. But between the heat and rain, I have not accomplished the windows. Plus we need a good ladder so we shall see if they get done before the siding or after.

I am reading a Her Royal Spyness which is great and is a series by Rhys Bowen she has a couple of series that I totally enjoy with evening tea and then I have required reading for school (yuck) there is good chance it will get scanned not really my cup of tea as a topic but so it goes.

Been studying with an online bible study group on different disciplines such as meditation, prayer, fasting. Enjoying it a great deal.

well I best go fold clothes but wanted to pop in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page