Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  11:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I am so sorry to hear about your daddy. I think it is so shocking when it isn't expected and just sudden. So far only one of my family members
have died that way (My Aunt) but the rest I had plenty of time to process it and get used to the idea. My Heart and Prayers go with you Sweet Tammy!
Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  11:50:52 AM  Show Profile
To The Rest of My Porchies...

I will come back when I can post more. Headed to the OHSU Hospital in Oregon for my husband to have Testing done today. Will be there ALL Afternoon.
So, I may not get back on here until late tonight or tomorrow.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  12:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy... I'm SOOOO sorry Dear One! I know that feeling of closeness, I still break down and cry for my sweet Mama, I miss her so! You and your family will be in my Prayers!
Love and EXTRA Hugs&Squeezles to you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  5:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Prayers, Peggy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  7:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy - I am saddened to hear about your father's passing. There is nothing like a father and daughter love. Even though he is no longer here, his love for you will remain. I hope you are able to feel his love as you grieve and as the days pass. My prayers are with you and your family.

Peggy - I am also praying for your family. I hope your husband tests come with answers.

Nothing much new here. The nights are in the lower 30's with the days in the upper 40's and low 50's. I will enjoy it while it lasts, before I know it we will be covered in snow. I am looking forward to winter in hope that life will slow down a little.

Hope everyone else is well. I know colds are going around, my coworker had a temp of 102 last week. I was so thankful that I had gotten my flu shot. So far I haven't gotten sick and she has been sick twice.

Till we meet again,

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2018 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy,
I am so very sorry about your father. My mom went that way. I was in shock for quite awhile. I am praying for you.
Hugs to you.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  11:03:23 AM  Show Profile
I see its been a few days since anyone has been out here on the porch. I hope all is well with everyone.
Peggy~ I hope the tests came out good for your dh.
Tammy~ thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  11:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...well, I was on here two days ago and did my usual long post and my computer froze up and I lost the post! My youngest son was working on
my laptop the other day...just trying to type out and print a document he needed to take down to the Court and he had so much frustration with this Laptop
that he said he was pretty certain that it was possessed! LOL

Thank You All for your prayers for my hubby on his Endoscopy. He took all his gallon of prep stuff for the colonoscopy (which is difficult when you have a swallowing
problem) and went through all that not so FUN Stuff. So, to shorten this lengthy story...we were at the Hospital for 2 hours and the RN kept running back and forth
asking Larry all kinds of strange medical history stuff (that they have right in his charts) then an hour later they come in and say they are taking him down to
the surgery room and the Dr. will come talk to me in 45 minutes when he is done. Well, 1 hour goes by and I still haven't seen the Dr. and then another 15 minutes
goes by and The Operating RN comes in and tells me that the Dr. wants to see me in the Surgery Room. So, she takes me down there and Larry and the Surgeon are just
chatting. The Dr introduces himself to me and his name was Dr. Anthony Sophia (pretty name, I thought) and he informs me that he has decided NOT to perform the Endoscopy
because my husband is too high risk. Now, this is the Oregon Health & Science University (teaching hospital)...it is World Renown!!!! He said that he has been conversing
with his other associates up on the Hill and they have all agreed that Larry has too many risk factors to continue with the Procedures. We all chatted for about 20
minutes and I had to agree with them. Sooooooooooo, they apologized for Larry having to do all the prep not to have the testing done. My husband was gracious about it
all. And I started laughing and said, "Be happy that he is the one on the table...because if it was me...you wouldn't be able to apologize enough!! They all started
laughing. Anyhow, five hours at the Hospital and we finally got to go home.

Can't write more at the moment but will be back soon.

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 01 2018 11:29:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  07:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
So all that time and did they have any solutions to whatever caused them to want to do the endoscopy in the first place? That is what would frustrate me. Leaving with no answers.

I am feeling so tired today. I can't seem to get back on my schedule of sleep since I came home from watching my grandgirlies while momma had their new brother. I would wake at 530 and the girls would get up at 6 to get ready and be on the bus by 7. Then I would stay up to get the littlest one ready when she woke at 8. I would go to bed around 830 or 9 pm and now that is my habit and I don't feel rested when I get up so early. This morning I took some meds for sinus and that put me back to sleep for an hour and when I woke at 9, I still feel dragged out. Took my vitamins and I need to go get some errands done. Think I need some coffee. I took to drinking that in the mornings there. I am usually a tea drinker.
Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying some beautiful fall weather. It is overcast and rainy here which is how I know fall has truly arrived.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 02 2018 07:32:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  12:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Denise...you are so right, Pretty Quiet On The Porch!!! Shall we send out The Posse and Round the Girls UP?????? They know I will too!!!
Our weather sounds the same as yours! Today we are getting rain for a while, then sun for a while. Suppose to be that way all day long! I love the
sun part! LOL Your sleep pattern just needs broken I think! How to do that will best be discovered by you I'm sure! I will pray for you though. We
will all be messed up after this weekend with the Time Change! At least we will get an hour more sleep instead of losing an hour.
I drink Coffee in the morning and then Tea in the late afternoon or evening if I want something hot. I drink water in between!
The Fall Colors are Beautiful here!! I was out early this morning taking some pictures of Mushrooms. I also took a couple of pictures of a different
type of Mushroom at my girlfriend's house last night, where we had Bible Study. One of the Mushrooms were Heart Shaped. I don't know if you know this
about me but I Collect Heart Rocks and have for years! But God is always throwing His Love at my feet because...I find heart shapes everywhere in Nature.
It might be a Rock, Mushroom, Mailbox Stand, Chalk Art, Leaves that have blown into a Heart or Cross Shape...they are just everywhere and I photograph
them. Even my dog, who is a Scottish Terrier often throws up water in heart shapes. LOL I kid you not!! And Yes, I take pictures of that too.
See, you didn't know how Strange I really am! LOL

Have a Beautiful Weekend and I pray your sleep smoothes out. When you are Retired...who wants to get up that EARLY??? NOT Me Either!!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy something you don't know, I love strange!!
Yes, I think we may have to send out the posse for the others.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 02 2018 2:41:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  4:09:46 PM  Show Profile
The October beetles hatched on Wednesday. Can't go out on the porch without being bombarded with.them. I have to use a toppa on anything I take out to drink. We have a fox and a cub in the field out back and have lost 5 hens in the last two weeks. My other hens are upset and are not laying as they had been.

I've made a pot of pumpkin spice tea and muffins for the porchies. Have a great week-end,

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I knew PeggyAnn would be threatening to send the posse out LOL This morning we're having a gentle snowfall. Doubt we'll get any accumulation but it's pretty. I just hope the roads don't get slippery. On one of my FB lists I found out about Bujo's Relaxing TV videos on YouTube, which are like the fireplace videos but these are fireplaces in gorgeous rooms/settings. I've got the cabin one with snow playing on the TV now. Wish I could sit and knit while it plays all day day but I have to be at work at 1:30 today.

One of our contract gals wanted more hours so she grabbed a bunch of mine over the past two weeks so it's been like a mini vacation. I only worked Monday and Tuesday this week. She worked yesterday for me and is working 6 to 1:30 today and I take over my shift and she works her scheduled shift on another floor. It feels like I've done nothing but clean yet it feels like I've gotten nothing done. I'd hoped the mini vacation would de-stress me a bit but new issues are increasing the stress instead of decreasing it. Please keep me in your prayers. I really need an entire weekend somewhere I can curl up, watch tv, and knit.

On a positive note, I bought my very first air fryer and I'm loving it! I never realized how much stuff you can make in one! I did a turkey breast, ribeye steaks and cinnamon rolls in it along with the standard chicken strips and fries so far.

BFTammy - So sorry about your father. You are so blessed to have had a father in your life and also one you were able to have such a wonderful relationship with.

PeggyAnn - That's weird that they wouldn't have looked at his case more closely before accepting the referral. I hate when they waste people's time like that. Also, I got that purse I ordered when you bought your splurge purse. I'm in love with with my Lug Windjammer. It's the Cadillac of organizational purses.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Prairie Tammy...Wow your Relaxing TV Video sounds nice. I Love the Fire Log one on The TV we have. I haven't knit for a couple of years now. In fact I am ready to donate
most of my yarn to a Senior Estates or something. The person who taught me how to knit decided to walk out of my life a few years ago and I think that has affected my
desire to continue. I have allowed Diamond Painting to become my Go-To-Relaxation Hobby. But even at that my hubby's health issues and my need for some solitude at night
have caused me just to go to bed after the Evening News and read. My hubby is turning our Living Room into a Hospital or Nursing Home Atmosphere which I am finding quite
depressing. I finally put my foot down a couple of nights ago...and made him go back to his room to sleep and to put away all his medicines, kleenex, drinking glasses
and food bowls before he went to bed. He did great the first night and after that he does a half-baked job of it. I need to get out today either with my kids or by
myself and just take a break from all his health issues. I'm getting weary. ~ I wondered how those Air Fryers worked. Sounds like you are loving yours. My Son bought me
an Instant Pot which I thought I would use but I don't. And I bought me a Food Processor I thought I would use and I haven't even tried it. So, with no family at home
I just don't cook like I use to. My husband can't eat so there is really no use cooking. ~ You said that you couldn't understand why they didn't look at his case more
closely and that is exactly what I asked myself. Everything is in his Charts. You can either look at my husband as a walking Time-Bomb or a walking Miracle. Which is how
I look at him (the miracle). With everything he has wrong with him...he shouldn't even be alive. It's Crazy. I'm tired of all the Dr. run-around though. I don't have time
to even go to the Dr. for my regular check-ups because we have 3-4 appoints for him a week. ~ Well, you should post a picture of your purse. Mine is anything but organized.
It is just a dump and go purse. LOL But it is really Beautiful on the outside. LOL

Denise...I am so glad that you Love STRANGE!!! LOL Bless Your Heart! (can I take a picture of it) ROFLOL

Nora...We have had two young girls in the Portland area who have been bitten by coyotes in the last two weeks. They live in a more rural area. Hope your chickens will settle back down and start laying eggs for you again.

OK...I'm off of here for now.

Don't forget to SET THOSE CLOCKS BACK AN HOUR TONIGHT!

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 04 2018 10:51:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2018 :  10:31:28 AM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
I heard the posse was coming out so thought I would pop in. I have been MIA for few weeks. It has been hard few weeks. My daddy and I were close and so this past week just overwhelmed me with going back to school, and trying to get back to life. not so easy to do. But I know in time it will get easier. We are dealing with daddy's estate and I have a snarky brother who has not had anything to do with daddy or family for lots of years and now he has decided he is entitled. He didn't ever come to the funeral. My stepmom and I have asked our lawyer to deal with him. To be honest my daddy doesn't have much he was a simple man. I want his bible and I have a few things of his. My stepmom is not ready to go through daddy's things. But I had to go through his bills etc. That is not easy just saying.

Anyway thank you all for your prayers. I will be on more now that I am back home and finally feel like I have a routine.

Peggy thought of you with Larry this week.

love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2018 :  11:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I too figured I'd better get here before I saw the cloud of dust of the posse coming after me. *giggle*(that Peggy, she do get our attention, don't she) hahaha (teacher Tammy just cringed) hahaha
We've had so much rain lately that when the sun came out yesterday afternoon I was like... what's that?
It's out there again today. Our leaves are falling like rain now... reds, yellows and, greens that didn't get a chance to change. Oh well, such is nature!
You Gals have been on my heart and in my Prayers all week.
I was able to attend a Church Benefit and Banquet this week with a group of very nice Mennonites whose church I attend occasionally. The entertainment was a group who does a Prison Ministry and, WOW, could they sing. The youngest one was 3 and the oldest one was close to 90. What harmony. I really enjoyed myself.*BONUS* God was there too! It was held at the Brookside Farm here in town. They fixed up their old barn and wrapped lots of white fairy lights around the rafters and, Boy, did it ever have atmosphere! Beautiful! It was a perfect rainy, Wednesday night thing to do! Very uplifting! I guess they have lots of weddings in that barn. I can see why. They're booked thru the next year and a half. When I moved here in 1990 it was still a farm. It's come a long way.
I'm still reading the 1st book of the, 9 book, Father Tim, Mitford series. I'm so impressed with it. It holds your attention and is so well written. I'll have to go to the library for the next book. I heard some of you talk about the series and when I saw the 1st book, (large print even...hahaha), for $2.00 at a Thrift Store, I was like...yaaaaaa! hahaha *it takes so little these days* hahahaha
OK Gals, I'm off to read and have some Republic Red Chai tea. I'll leave you a pot with some cream & sugar and some pumpkin cookies! Enjoy!!
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the goodies you Gals have left here for me. TYTYTY!!!
Enjoy your SonDay Gals! ....and Make Somebody Smile Today! It's Still FREE!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 06 2018 3:52:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  08:51:10 AM  Show Profile
TL Tammy - soooo sorry to hear about your Daddy. Praying for you and your family.

Peggy - how have the products you bought at know the cause been working? I've only purchased books from them but the company I get my vitamins and supplements from (bioactive nutrients) is on their TV show all the time.

Lenora - what are October beetles? Sounds like I'm glad I don't know. We had a summer the June bugs would attack and they'd get tangled in my hair - HATED it!!!!!!

Denise - My mother in law retired this spring and now she seems to be up at 4:30am most mornings. She's not happy about it either! I hope you have better luck getting your schedule back to normal. COngrats on another grandbaby!

Judy - isn't it nice to finally see the sun!

Sorry I can't tell you all about me right now - as usual on the farm something always comes up and I gotta run. Hopefully I'll be back later today!
Hugs to all!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone has had the posse after them before! LOL.

I see everyone has been busy.

Nora~ Sorry about your loss of hens to the fox. Hope your girls settle down safe and sound.

Prairie Tammy~ Looking forward to when we have some logs on the fire to enjoy. I don't look forward to the mess it can make sometimes though. That sounds like a much nicer way to enjoy it!

Heather~ Good to see you even if you are busy! Thanks for the Congrats!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Well, My Porchies...I guess I should have sent my Posse out earlier! LOL It works every time. .. Round 'em up and Roll 'em in, Rawhide!!! *snort & giggle*

I was in a blue-mood over the Weekend. Hubby and I have this perpetual yearly argument over finances. Can anyone relate??? It just gives me a migraine and I
don't even want to deal with him. He sees me spending a little extra these days (buying somethings I have needed and a few I have wanted...just because I can).
And now he has decided we are splitting all bills 50/50. Basically wanting me to use my Inheritance Money for monthly bills. Not going to happen. God Blessed me
with this Money from my Mom because a Preacher has no money to invest in the future (at least not in the small churches he Ministered in). So, for years I would
pray and ask Papa God to provide for when my hubby passed...so bills would be caught up and I would have something to live on. And God has provided through my
Mom and I am so thankful and so blessed. But I will be darn if my husband can't think of ways to get me to spend it. Mercy Lord, what can I say? I'm trying to keep
my Mouth Shut and biting my tongue a lot!!! LOL Men! I saw this cute card at the Beach when I was there and it Said, "Men Come and Men Go but Girlfriends last forever!"
I'm shouting that from the Roof-Tops Girls!! ROFLOL

Denise...you are one good Words With Friends Player!! Enjoying the challenge you are giving me. I Hope you brought home lots of pictures of your Beautiful Grandbaby!
It is so wonderful to have them to look back on. Because next time you see them they are growing up way too fast. I talked to my two grand-daughters in Seattle last
night. Madeline the oldest, her voice has changed so much and she sounds so mature for her 10 yr age. When I see pictures of her...her mom lets both girls wear make-up
already. Maybe I am an Old Foggie but I remember we couldn't wear make-up until we went into Jr. High. My Moms rules not the schools...but I guess I think the girls today
should still go by those rules. LOL Naomi is 7 but looks 10 and Madeline is 10. They both wear makeup. Anyway, despite grandmama's fuddie-duddieness they are wonderful
Grand-daughters and I love them to pieces. There Daddy is going to bring them to Portland right after Christmas and we are going to stay in a Fancy Hotel downtown together.
Grandmama in her own room and them and daddy next door. We are going to have a weekend of FUN in the City. I'm so excited for that! Even though the girls have seen the
New Nutcracker...they want to go again with Grandmama. I want to see it too!

Teacher Tammy...I know it must be really difficult right now honey! We all understand...let us walk with you through this time. Like you; I was really close to my daddy!
He was my Super Hero and still is! And even after 17 years (last month) I miss him continually. It does get easier but the littlest thing can still cause twinges of pain.
That is just what LOVE does!

Heather...I think the products are doing fine. So hard to really tell. I am eliminating some of my healthcare products that I don't think work that well. I wait until the
bottle is almost empty and then I evaluate what I really think of them...and if I feel better for having taken them. If the answer is NO...then I do not re-order. These to
Toxin Eliminating Elixirs I May increase how often I take them as I drop some of these other ones...as I am taking the lowest recommended dose. Another one I just re-ordered is
one for Thyroid. It is called Thyro8 and seems to be giving me more stamina. I have almost eliminated by daily need for a nap. ~ And I'm with you where the June Bugs are concerned..I Hate them! They remind me of little bats with a hard protective shell. We use to get them every summer when I lived in Spokane. They were always attached to the
screened doors at night!

Judy...your Mennonite Worship sounded like it was in a very cool setting. I bet it WAS pretty. And I could just envision that singing group too. Sounds like some of the
small Churches that I have been in over the years...everyone has to participate to make it work. Did Dave go with you? ~ I'm glad that you are loving The Midford Series
and I suggest you read them ALL. They are fabulous on Audio too. They picked the perfect voices for the Characters. I hope you aren't one of these people who can't read
a book out of order because I highly suggest that you read The Christmas One this Christmas. It will fill your heart and make it soar. Just sayen...It is GREAT! Then when you come to where that book belongs in the series...then Read it again...you won't be sorry you did!

OK...must go girls before The Computer Monster Eats this POST.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  2:36:06 PM  Show Profile
Heather, October beetles look very much like lady bugs only they are more brown than red. They were introduced to take care of a butterfly or moth that was killing trees in the forest around us. They hatch out on sunny days after heavy frost. In my area, it's usually October. This year it was very late. They get into the house and gather in the corners of the rooms near the ceiling. They also bite. I got one in my nightgown last year and it bit me in the middle of the night. They have an unpleasant odor when you kill them.

The fox may have moved on, the chickens are going back up the hill and are laying a little more regularly.
Everyone getting redy for Thankgiving? I have my menu down.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
Life has been so busy lately; with work getting ready for the holiday season, hunting, getting the duck enclosure ready, and so many other things.
I love my job, however I do not like this time of year. It feels like everything is so rushed. Rush to get all the holiday stuff, out customers don’t have patience so if you don’t get something out that they are looking for they get upset. Yesterday I had a lady get mad at me because we didn’t have all of our Christmas cards out, we have over 200 of them out right now. I’m hoping the closer we get to the holidays the better everything will get. I do love how the store is starting to look, so full of festive cheer. I have Christmas trees up lit up and stuff hanging from the ceiling.

With all the craziness at work, I decided I needed to take a day off. My husband took off this past week to go hunting, I was able to take off Thursday. Thursday was a wonderful day as I shot my very first deer which was a buck. It was only a 2 point buck, but I shot it at 50 yards which was an amazing accomplishment. I cannot wait to get all the meat back from the processor.

I will be watching my parents Ducks over the winter. So we’ve been working hard and making them and enclosure that they can stay in for the winter and future. Last night we temporarily got the roof on, we still have to fasten it down yet. The enclosure is been taking a little bit longer than I wanted because we were waiting for free materials from my dad’s work. He works at a window testing company, so we’ve been able to salvage a lot of wood from it. She gets the wood from the boxes the windows ship in. I cannot wait for this project to be done, so then I can have little ducks.

Those are just a few of the things that have been going on these past few weeks. We are heading to the Minneapolis area this weekend for a friend’s wedding reception. I am looking forward to that because I have not seen her for at least 6 months. I have a hard time because we have friends in common, but I feel like I just want to keep her to myself. She is such a special person and I feel like we have a really good connection. So I’m really happy that we get to head out Saturday while our other friends won’t be coming until Sunday. I get one night with Sherrissa by myself. My husband has never been to the Mall of America, so I’m excited to take him on Monday. I love the aquarium so that’s one of our stops.

I think about you ladies and your families a lot. I do ask God to watch over you, and your family as many of you have sadness, health issues, and other stressors in your life. I hope with this holiday season you are able to find cheer and step away from these daily occurrences.

Until we meet again!

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi sweet ladies! Figured I better get on here before the posse comes out west! Things here are busy as always! Been doing a lot of canning... zucchini relish and green tomato salsa are done, as is my apple pie filling and apple pie jam. Still need to finish up my applesauce and apple butter though. Been making a lot of freezer meals lately. We have a friend expecting her fourth baby and another one that doesn't do much cooking, so I've been helping them. As well, I have put a few meals in the freezer that I will take to my neighbor in the day or so, as her cancer has moved to her hip bones, so she is now in a wheelchair.

Took Jenni to the doctor yesterday - she has been fighting a respiratory virus for the last five weeks and we just couldn't kick it. I was pretty certain it had be come bronchitis, and the doctor confirmed :( On a positive note, though, she has taken her first step without holding on to anything and she is 50th percentile for weight which is a HUGE blessing after we dealt with so many issues getting her to gain to begin with. She will be a year old on the 16th.

Today has been sad around here... It is Brad's dad's birthday - the first one since he passed in April :'( These holidays are going to be HARD!

Had an adventure last week... an owl got into our broiler pen and killed half our meat birds. THe scary thing was he couldn't figure out how to get OUT! We finally called the game warden to come get him. The game warden released him right there, so I'm sure he will be back!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  4:48:49 PM  Show Profile
Ok...wait... what??? Shannon, what kind of game warden releases a predator back into the area. THAT didn't make ME very happy! I was Shocked!!! SO glad to hear that Jenni has gained weight. That was one of my concerns for her. How wonderful. Poor Brad... will keep him in my Prayers!
Jamie, retail is so unpredictable because people can NOT be satisfied if they have misery in their lives and in their hearts. I always enjoyed all of my retail jobs over the years...BUT...I learned THAT fact early on!
*sigh*. You got a deer!!! Yaaaaa!!! Good for you!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Lenora, I can't imagine getting a beetle in your nightgown. I hate it when I get a spider bite in the night...I can never find the little sucker!!! Hahaha Then it itches, swells and gets red. I guess I'm just VERY sensitive to their bites. Every spring and fall I spray the whole house with Home Defense just to curb their nasty little appetites! Take THAT you nasty bugs. It also takes care of the beetles and stinkbugs. My neighbor has them so bad but that spray really helps us. We get it at the hardware.
Peg, No, Dave doesn't go to any church functions if he can help it. I thought he would like the prison ministry part... and the food... gotta love free food!! Hahaha
I thought the same thing about the Christmas book in that series. I love reading Christmas books at Christmas time. It just makes the HolyDays seem special-er! *giggle* Have fun at the Nutcracker with those Grand-girls! Sounds like a really special time for Yuns!
Ok Gals, have a great evening!
Love Yuns!
Tootles for now!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 07 2018 04:01:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  7:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'm glad to hear your thyroid supplement is giving you your stamina back. It's no fun being worn out! Sorry to hear hubby has different plans for your inheritance. I'm glad you're saving for the future. It makes me sad when people spend, spend, spend, then end up with nothing. What nutcracker are you seeing? My husband and I are going to see the russian ballet nutcracker in December.

Nora - your October bugs sound like what we call stink bugs! They were really bad a few years ago. It was really annoying when you'd wake up because one was in bed with you and smelled soooo bad! If they're the same thing I don't like them things either!

Jamie - safe travels this weekend. I hope you have a great day with your friend. I've never been to the mall of America either. It sounds crazy and awesome at the same time.

Shannon - such good news about Jenni! Sorry to hear about your chickens. Hopefully being stuck scared him enough that he won't come back!

Judy - are you ready for those little white things that might be coming Friday (snowflakes)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  04:09:39 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I am SOOOO ready for snow! Remember, I'm the crazy cold-weather nut in this group! Hahaha
(bring it on)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page