Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies and Happy Mother's Day! We are ALL Mothers, whether we Birth them or Not! God gives us a World
Of children to Love On. I was blessed with my own 3 boys and my 3 stepkids, but God still gave me Spiritual to
love and encourage too. My sister was never able to have kids but God brought her many children to love, and guide.
And she had step kids that loved her dearly too. And like Judy said, God promises us that! ~ My Children and husband
spoiled me as they always do. And Church was good today too. My oldest Step-daughter Cheryl was in town and she met us
at Church along with her step-brother Tim that we know very well. That was so Special!!

Sorry, that I haven't been on The Porch more...but my life has been crazy...and I needed some ALONE Time with just me
and Papa God. It was all good!! But I am back...a little less bruised from Life and a little more healed. My Family is
also healing well and we are putting The Past Behind Us! We all needed time to Forgive and Move Forward. And we have done
that each in our own way.

I have gotten back to my walking which really helps me with STRESS and allows me to Thrive in The Beauty of His Creation.
I am awfully busy going to Dr.'s appointments with my husband and running errands for him...which isn't fun but it is
necessary. He isn't doing that well! He face-planted in the middle of a Portland Street last week when I wasn't with him. He had taken Pat to 3 Dr. Apptmnts for Social Security and he decided he needed to go find a restroom. When he was done, he saw Pat waiting for him at the car and Larry missed the curb and came very close to being run over by a car. Pat ran to him and the Mgr.
of the Restuarant he went into came out and helped him get up. Amazingly he had very little bruising or scrapes. Praise The Lord.

I have some pretty Awesome news about a relative that I reconnected with through 23 & Me DNA Testing. I will save that for tomorrow.

Love you ALL and Have so felt your prayers wrapped around me. THANK YOU!!

Love, Hugs, and Refreshing Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile
HELLO PORCHIES...WHERE IS EVERYONE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peg, I was wondering the same thing...BUT...it is planting season AANNNDDDD so nice out...
Who wants to be inside on a putter! hahahaha Right???
How you all doing Sista?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  4:50:45 PM  Show Profile
I've been doing alot of front porch sitting and gardening. Jay's daughter is getting married June 1st. Everything is fast paced right now.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  5:54:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls,
I am here but been busy with end of school year and my mom having health issues and dealing with my dad's estate and just life. The weather is chilly and I am ready forf summer.
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  12:27:47 AM  Show Profile
Well, so Happy to See that we really do still have a Virtual Porch! LOL
I get that busy thing too; as it seems like LIFE is a Whirlwind and I'm running as fast as I can just to get
out of the way mostly! LOL

I think I shared months ago when I did several DNA Kits...One was Ancestry (which didn't help me much) and the
other one was 23 and Me..and I got the Kit that did your Health DNA too. That was was a bit more interesting.
Showed that I carry a genetic variant that I pass on to the next Generation...and my poor youngest son has been
the only recipient of it. It affects The Lungs...where you get Pneumonia a lot and have breathing issues from it
and it also affects the liver where you get fatty deposits on your liver at a very young age. Shane has pneumonia right
now and has been off work for two weeks, at the same time the children had pink-eye...shared that with Daddy too.
Also, as you might guess I share my Autoimmune Disorder too and my middle son got that in the Form of gout. Oldest
son...so far, so good! ~ Anyway, I think I had mentioned that the only relative that popped up on my DNA search was
a second cousin named Anna Wong. I thought...that is nuts...I do not know of any Asians in my Family background. So,
I brushed it off and never requested contact with her; nor did she with me. But for whatever reason two weeks ago
I was notified that my relative Anna Wong requested contact with me. I laughed first and then threw up my arms
and said, "What the heck...can't hurt to chat!" So, I let 23 and me know that I would be willing to communicate with her.
Well, the first conversation was very generic and we couldn't figure out how we were related. But once you connect with
someone via the web site for 23 and Me it allows you access to their Family History. So, after we chatted I went onto
her history and she mine...and the second Family Name she had listed was Ferrell. And it said that Robert Ferrell was her dad. Her dad was my cousin Bobby.
So, I typed what I found to her and she wrote back and said, "I never would have guessed you were from The Ferrell side of the Family (Girls, that is my Mom's family side/Peggy). And she said, You are the only second Ferrell I know who is Sane! LOL Well, girls to make a long Story shorter, she says to me the other one is my Aunt! And Aunt Nancy is looking forward to reconnecting with you. Oh, my goodness she knew where my cousin Nancy lived and what her married name was and I have been looking for her for 43
years!! I could barely type I was so ecstatic!! My Cousin Nancy is one day younger than me. And she was the only cousin on
my Moms side of the family that I loved. As teenagers, we probably only saw each other 3 times. She lived in Portland and I
lived in Spokane. But we wrote letters back and forth clear through our college years. The last time I heard from her she had fallen in love with a man a bit older than her, who had been married before and he had a couple of kids. Well, The Baptist Church they attended in California (where Nancy went to College) did not believe that divorced Christians could remarry. And that my friends is where I lost her. As I was getting married around the same time and my life was busy and so was hers. Come to find out they did get married in another Baptist and she is still married to Randall and they had two more kids (so 4). And they moved to Virginia (I think...my brain is sucked dry from all the communication back and forth between Nancy, Anna, and myself. Anna lives in Georgia. I must share that my Uncle was a mean son of a gun and he treated his wife and kids terribly. His name was Seth but he was called Red because everyone one in the Family had red hair.That ran in all the Ferrell Family including my Sister and I. Anyway, all 5 of the kids ran away from home at about age
17...including Nancy...because of the physical and verbal abuse that they endured at the hands of their dad. But Nancy is the only one who got away and never looked back or went back when things got rough. She thrived once she got away...and became the most beautiful Christian Woman. And that was the first thing I had asked Anna..."Please tell me that Nancy kept her Faith all these years?" And Anna said, "yes she did and she is still the most incredible Ferrell I have ever had the chance to meet. And she is still beautiful too!" Now, Anna isn't a Christian but she sees that it made all the difference in Nancy's life. All 4 of the boys including Nancy's twin brother turned out to be just like their dad! The only saving grace is they all had girls and no boys.
As a counselor, I know that Dad's are usually much harder on their sons they on their daughters. But don't think they don't abuse the girls too...because they do. Anyway, to think that I wouldn't have found Nancy if it hadn't been for Anna Wong. That, my Friends was an out and out God thing! Nancy said she looked for me for years too and had pretty much decided at our ages we probably wouldn't find each other. Nancy's Dad had disowned her and when my mom, my Aunt, or I would try to find out anything
about her...he would just say "She is Dead to Me!"Probably because she got away and he no longer had control over her. Mary (Nancy's mom) never tried to find her daughter...she couldn't because my Uncle probably would have killed her. So, I am having a ball catching up with Nancy and now getting to know Anna too. I will tell you more about Anna another Day! So, that is why I haven't been on The Porch...I'm rather sick of typing!! LOL

Love You All and I'm so glad to see Judy, Tammy and Nora back on here today! I was beginning to think I might need to go
hang out Across The Fence or something. LOL I know some of you do and that is great but I just have a Special Bond and Fondness for My Porchies!!

Love, Hugs, and Hectic Summers...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 22 2019 12:46:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  09:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Peg, just heard "Flawless" by Merci Me n I thought how we are Flawless in Gods' eyes, no matter what our DNA says. PRAISE GOD, HUH? hahahaha Thank You GOD!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  1:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I love that song too! Mercy Me has put out some Awesome songs. And you are right our Spiritual DNA is all
that really matters! God is just Crazy Good! And I Praise His Holy Name with you Sister!

More Later...

Come on Nora, Tammy, and the rest of you Wandering Sheep...come chat a bit!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  3:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Oh how cool Peggy! I have some tales of connections from my dead mother's side but my favorite is the resent catch up with a cousin I thought dead for about 8 years! Life is grand and God is good! Happy for you and your family growth!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  09:00:17 AM  Show Profile

Daisy and Pippa

Mama Foxy and baby Fiona

We've been getting way too much rain. Everything is a muddy mess! There's no hay to be found to feed the cows and the price of straw is as high has hay right now. It's scary times for farming. We're hanging in there the best we can. But, it's kept me so busy I haven't been on MJFarm for almost 2 months!!! I can't believe it's been that long. Unfortunately I don't have time to catch up right now but I will do my best to get on here more often. That way you can all get your cow fix too LOL! I have 12 babies right now - not counting the bulls that we've sold. So, I'll try to post a couple more pictures before I head outside then come back soon to post some more. Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  12:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,

Yes, here I am. Been awhile but I love being outside more than on a puter. Been planting flowers in pots to set where I want. Got some wonderful smelling
petunias, and pretty pinks and purples too out on my front stoop. Got different herbs in long planters on my patio with some sweet William smelling good
too. Got sugar snap peas blooming in my 2 4x8 raised beds and a new decorative black metal fence around the 12x24 garden plot. Guess it's time for some pics..

PeggyAnn: Wow! That IS a God thing to find your relatives like that! I'm amazed..

Heather: Way to much rain is right AND scary if you can't find hay. Wow! Love Love all the cow pics! All I could say was "AWWWWWe!" Thanks for sharing.

Waving at Vicki! Welcome to the porch where no one is a stranger..

Have a good day all..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  12:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Heather, cute babies. Thanks for sharing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  1:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...I Love Sweet William too but I do not love the Earwigs that love that Flower. They Gross me out. Glad you
are having good weather.

Heather...I always love those cow pictures! That last one reminds me of God calling The Israelites A Stiff Neck People.
That baby of yours looks a bit stiff neck in that picture. LOL
The first picture...the cows have beautiful coloring. Love that! I can't believe you have been off for two months. I
don't think you are the only one, however. LOL You have gotten a lot of rain!! and So have we...but we aren't a muddy
mess. We get one week of rain and one week of Sunshine...and on and on. PTL this is a Sunshine week. Suppose to be 80
today!!

Nora...come back and sit a spell girlfriend!!! We miss you!

More tomorrow...busy day ahead of me.

Love, hugs, and Spring Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  10:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
90 today and next 4 days... ugh.. humidity is what kills me. Hiding for sure where the A/C is..

My son, Jason is having a BBQ at his house on Sunday. I'm making my mustard tatie salad and using spiral noodles made of spinach and tomatoes
to make my pasta salad that taste like a cold pizza. We all love it. He's doing different meats on the grill and making macaroni salad and making
fried pork n beans in a skillet.. just dries them out some. Looking forward to family time and kids don't have to go back to school till Tuesday,
so a win win situation for all.

What you all doing for Memorial Day?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  4:41:32 PM  Show Profile
Heather cute pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Haven't been on the porch lately as I've been busy around the house and taking time to do some outdoor cleaning up and porch sitting here. The weather here has been beautiful this week. Supposed to warm up but I enjoy being out as much as allergies allow. Sat on the porch about half an hour this evening and had to come in. Headache started from cleaning all the pollen off everything out there.

Interesting to read about your ancestry and all you have found out Peggy.

JT and I are going to spend Monday here having a little picnic of our own. Haven't heard what any of my kids are doing .
We decided we are going to go tomorrow or Sunday down to one of the lighthouses and do some walking on the beach. Need to have some time together when he doesn't have work on his mind and can relax.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  04:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Not a lot planned for Monday. Jay will sleep most of the day so he can delive a load in Springfield, Mass on Tuesday morning. When he gets back, we'll be getting ready to go to DE for Sam's wedding.
Weather has been warm here also. I'vehad to water my raised garden every evening ifwe don't get a shower.
I lost a step-granddaughter last month. My daughter called last night and said another was in critical condition .
Well, have a nice Memoial Day. Remember"Some gave some and some gave all"! We remember the latter on Monday.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  07:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Lenore so sorry for your lost and hope your daughter is strong and will be able to come through this with heart strong and faith stronger. Summer is here and things are easier in the warmth of the sun!
My park is plumb full of families and pets. Music every night and crafts for the wee ones. My morning is starting off with a big Chinese auction too! The weather turned up good, people are happy and I get to visit with the kids.
My little granddaughter broke her arm last week so I will be signing her cast and drawing for her!
Time to get off the porch and walk around the park! Have a great weekend ladies!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals and Happy Memorial Day weekend. Please be safe!
We just had a thunder storm with lite hail... not bad though. We have temps in the low 80's but this storm is suppose to bring us back down to the 70's for 10 days. THAT'S more like it for N.E. Ohio!
Heather, adorable babies, as usual. What breed is that darker tan colored one?(not up on my cow breeds)
I like the taupe colored neck. Pretty(unusual)colored kitty too.
Lenora, sorry to hear about your loss. Was it a car accident... I mean, 2 girls around the same time?
(you don't have to answer if I'm prying too much)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  3:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Jesse was run over by a truck. Shannon has had a seizure but I don't know why.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  4:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lenora, so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs and prayers.

90 degree weather for next 4 days here. No rain, just hot. Also watering my raised beds every evening. Peas are flowering and bush beans are up.
Hope they don't shrivel on the vines like they did last year. I put down a layer of mown grass for mulch to help hold in moisture.

Denise, Pollen is playing with my sinuses also. A fine yellow dust lays on my patio tables. Hope it's gone soon. I don't get headaches, just sneeze more.

Take a moment to remember those who gave their lives in our armed forces..

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  5:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day weekend,
Spent today planting flowers and doing yard work. It was a beautiful day finally. We have been waiting so long for it farmers are finally able to get in fields. I have read three books this week. I have so enjoyed that and no school work. Am doing some tutoring later this summer and I joined a new summer bible study that meets in the afternoon. Liking forward to that. I also do a study with a young mom from my classroom. She is looking for more study and God opened the door. I think that covers life in my neck of,the woods.
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - May 26 2019 :  08:03:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies,

Can't chat long, but just wanted to drop by and say Hello. Hopefully soon I will have a chance to stop and catch up.

Enjoy the Sunshine!

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2019 :  08:20:57 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, a BIG HELLO girl! So glad you could hop up on the porch n say "Howdy!"
Tammy, WOW, always the busy lady! God will certainly reward those efforts toward others!
You go girl!
Lenora, that's so sad! I'm SOOOO soooo sorry!(((HUUUUUG)))
We are having a 4 day stretch of rain with temps in upper 70's. Glad I mowed Monday. Hubby worked so I got a lot done without him in the way. Hahaha
Hi Sissy!** Waving Madly**
Y'all have a great 'Hump-Day!'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 03 2019 08:18:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 29 2019 :  11:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,

So today we have had 3 storms move through when it wasn't even supposed to rain. The electric blinked and I thought it was going to go off..

Not complaining since it dropped the temp in the 70s. What a welcome respite. 78 is better than 90 anything any day!

At least I won't have to water gardens today. yay me!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2019 :  11:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Nora...GROUP HUG GIRL!! My heart hurts for you all.

Teacher Tammy...You ARE always the Busy Lady! So Happy to hear that you are back in a Bible Study Group
and also teaching one on one. So Good for the heart and soul to stay in The Word. As you well know Teachers
are the ultimate STUDENT first and foremost. Don't stay gone so long. We miss you.

Jamie...glad you took a few minutes to Hop on The Porch and let us know you are busy but missen being
here too. I sure have been gone a lot myself the past few months. Sometimes Life just bowls you over
and leaves you laying flat.

Patsy...HI and Bye

Just Had an emergency come up...more later!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page