Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  2:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Nora...thanks for letting me know that you didn't know any more news on how Shannon is doing.
How are you doing???

Judy...yes, Savannah gets her nails and toes done at home but only when she asks for it. I
was the same way with make-up as you when I was growing up. Pink or Clear Polish in Jr. High,
with a light color lipstick of pink or peach in High School and foundation/mascara/eye-shadow.
I remember that my mom didn't think I needed to shave my legs in Jr. High but a couple of the
boys teased me about it...so, when mom & dad were gone...I got dad's razor and tried to shave
my own legs. I didn't know you were supposed to use soap/or shaving cream with the razor...how
I kept from cutting my legs up is beyond me. But dad had just put a new blade in his shaver and
I dulled it real good! So, I got caught. I told daddy why I didn't ask permission and he told
my Mother to let me shave my legs from then on. She was mad at me! I didn't care...I was a daddy's
girl like Savannah is. LOL

Patsy...I will send you some of our heat/and humidity. 98 degrees with 32% humidity. I had to run
errands this morning and I was in such a rush to get out and get it done before it got too HOT
that I didn't put on my Jewelry and felt very naked without it. LOL I am hanging in the house for
the rest of the day! Even the dog doesn't want to go outside. Last night he came in my room and
slept in front of my Air Conditioner. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I'm glad that you have gotten some good reading done so far this summer. And I'm
also glad that you have some trips planned! You need those Vacation Breaks for sure. Thanks for
letting me know what you thought about Lysa Terkeurst's Bible Studies. I am excited to explore
someone new. I am loving My Personal Study Book for the Summer...Sitting At the Feet of Rabbi Jesus.

Heather...I love your Cat Story!! You just thought you were getting rid of him/her.LOL We had a dog
like that one time when I was a kid. Only he did the opposite. We had moved into a new to us house,
and my mom wouldn't let the dog come into the house...so, dad made a place in the garage for him at
night and put a doggy door in so he could go out to pee. One night we had a really bad thunderstorm
and our house sat on a hill (a Hundred-year-old home at that time) and so we were getting all the
Lightning Strikes in our yard. I guess it freaked the dog out because he ran off during the storm
and the next morning my dad found him at our previous house across town...sitting on the front steps
shivering and whining to get in. ~ Yes, the kids and I will have fun putting together The Fairy Garden.

Denise...you and Jess are probably on your way to the Funeral of your friend. Blessings that you can
bring comfort to the Family and Friends! I'm glad that her boys are going to do a Memorial Service for
her. Family dynamics can really get wacky sometimes...so, I am glad that they made efforts to communicate
with her in the end.

Well, my dog wants to go out.

Love, Hugs, and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 12 2019 2:21:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  4:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Evening everyone,
The snakes do keep the mice down but I hate both snakes and mice equally. We do get rid of the ones around the henhouse because they do eat the eggs.

I went to the graveside service. Jess was not able to go Peggy. It was a real nice service. Her youngest son was there. It was so nice to see so many there.

I am on a mission to get some more unfinished projects done this week and so far it is going well.
I don't know how I get so far behind on them.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  06:06:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone,
I guess not long after I joined you ladies on the porch, I seemed to have taken a step backwards, and fell right off - LOL! I read back thru some of what I missed, you are strong, resilient ladies!! Hugs for the sorrows & troubles and smiles for the wonderful happy things and sweet stories :)

I love the cow photos, Heather, multiple friends have dairy farms and I studied some dairy science in college. No room at my house, just a handful of goats and none of them in milk at the moment. I belong to a local dairy goat association, and our annual show was on the 15th. Thankful we had good weather and 231 goats were entered to show! Nice group of people and a fun day. The kiddos are cute, and work hard to learn all they can. Fun to see them get pointers in the showmanship class, then do an even better job later in the open show! We hand out premiums with ribbons (my job, handing out & recording placings), one young girl was so cute, she placed 2nd, and of course was curious just what the envelope was for... I was still going down the line and I hear her voice, "momma, there's $10 dollars in here, is that really for me?" so sweet, and her momma replies "yes, honey, congratulations, you and goat name I forget, won it". Another nice story was a woman came with a young boy, she had shown before, but this was his 1st I think. He showed a small breed, young animal - but one of hers was a recorded grade from her milking string. This particular animal had not been shown ever before, well she won her class, then won Grand Champion for the recorded grade group. Then all the winners of each breed class compete for best doe in show - and you guessed it, she won that too! She was overwhelmed, as so unexpected and she was so pleased as was her young boy, he was thrilled and visibly proud of his Mom!

I'm happy for snakes to eat mice, but I do not want to see them, haha, they always startle me. I HATE it when you step and one is close to your foot!! Love being outside, not a fan of the bugs. My whole property is edge of woods, so we have TONS of ticks. I HATE them! We seem to have more than our fair share of black flies, mosquitoes etc. We need more bats LOL. We have a few, but less with that white nose disease that impacts bats in the northeast.

One of my friends will retire some of her older chickens to make room for the younger, new ones so I think I will take some to scratch around the yard & eat bugs! Lost the remainder of my own, so I think this is a good solution, and I won't feel so bad if a wild animal gets one, vs old pet birds of the past. My closest neighbor insists on feeding the birds, you are NOT supposed to after the bears wake up from hibernation - sent me a photo last night of big bear on his lawn eating from the feeder! Pretty, but sure do not want to encourage to hang around!

Okay, need to go get things crossed off the "to do" list! Have a wonderful day Farmgirls!

Diana
Sister #6578
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello sweet Porchies! Life here has been pretty busy, and quite difficult! I've been having some medical issues, with the worst part being EXTREMELY anemic. To the point where I am struggling to breathe! My H/H had plummeted, and my iron stores as well. And the worst part is they aren't sure why! But it was to the point where they needed to start me on iron infusions. But wouldn't you know it... I have an allergic reaction to them! So I have to take two Benadryl prior to them, and then for 48 hours afterwards, but the reactions are lasting longer with each infusion. My last two are next week... Monday and Thursday. Well - I say last ones... it will depend on my numbers! The really weird thing with me being so extremely anemic, is I eat red meat or spinach almost everyday, we cook in cast iron for almost everything, I'm taking nettle infusions, as well as iron, and dehydrated beef liver pills! It just doesn't make sense!

On top of all that, my children are extremely active in 4H (three of them are officers in our club), and fair is next month... that means we are constantly running, and working on projects! Add that to homeschooling them, and life is just nuts!!! Oh - and of course we still have our goats (13 babies this year), laying hens, ducks, and our meat birds. Yup - life is hectic!!!

I';m going to go back and try to catch up on what is going on with everyone, but know I think of you guys and pray for you often <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

Hello sweet Porchies! Life here has been pretty busy, and quite difficult! I've been having some medical issues, with the worst part being EXTREMELY anemic. To the point where I am struggling to breathe! My H/H had plummeted, and my iron stores as well. And the worst part is they aren't sure why! But it was to the point where they needed to start me on iron infusions. But wouldn't you know it... I have an allergic reaction to them! So I have to take two Benadryl prior to them, and then for 48 hours afterwards, but the reactions are lasting longer with each infusion. My last two are next week... Monday and Thursday. Well - I say last ones... it will depend on my numbers! The really weird thing with me being so extremely anemic, is I eat red meat or spinach almost everyday, we cook in cast iron for almost everything, I'm taking nettle infusions, as well as iron, and dehydrated beef liver pills! It just doesn't make sense!

On top of all that, my children are extremely active in 4H (three of them are officers in our club), and fair is next month... that means we are constantly running, and working on projects! Add that to homeschooling them, and life is just nuts!!! Oh - and of course we still have our goats (13 babies this year), laying hens, ducks, and our meat birds. Yup - life is hectic!!!

I';m going to go back and try to catch up on what is going on with everyone, but know I think of you guys and pray for you often <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  09:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Shannon, So sorry to hear about your health problems. Praying they can find out the cause of this. Please keep us posted.
I haven't been active on the porch for quite sometime. Life has been so busy!! Will try to do better. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Jan in Kansas

quote:
Originally posted by fabraholic4

quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  12:38:05 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...we had heard from Nora that you were having some health issues and had been praying
for you already. That really is strange that you are so anemic. When I was pregnant with my
3rd child...I developed extreme anemic symptoms, where like you described I couldn't even hardly
move. For me, the last straw was having to sit down on the toilet seat cover...too worn out to
lift my arm over my head to blow my short hair dry. When after a few minutes to get my breath back
I went and called my Mid-wife. She said, "Peggy, I think you have developed a reaction to Dairy
Products. Quit all dairy products and I will see you at the end of the week. She was absolutely
correct. Once I quit drinking milk, eating cheese etc...my energy came back very quickly and it
no longer hurt just to breathe. Unfortunately, that did turn into a Lactose sensitivity that I
had never had before I was 34 yrs old and still have to this day. Also, after I had my miscarriage
with my 4th pregnancy. I felt that same way for 6-9 months. That miscarriage took everything out
of me, both physically and emotionally. I had absolutely no energy for all those months and had to
concentrate hard to just put one foot in front of the other to move. From there I developed Sleeping
Sickness, where I would fall dead asleep in the middle of a conversation with somebody. Including
my Dr. I too had to get Iron Injections. And I had a sensitivity to too much Iron. So, I can really
relate to what you are going through. It was the most difficult time of my life and I wouldn't wish
that on anyone. So, I share this to see if there might not be something that resonates with what
you are experiencing. My Dr. could not give me a real reason for what was happening to me...other
than, "I think your 4 pregnancies did you in!" Finally, I had a hysterectomy a year later...and I never
felt better in my life. It changed everything!! My Prayers are with you Sweet Lady!!!

Jan and Diana...Welcome back to The Porch! It is always nice when someone wanders back for some time to
visit. I too have been very busy and Life just nudges out your favorite things sometimes and you have to
wait for everything to align back, to come back. But we are glad you made it!!

I have had my Youngest Grands for two days this week...so mommy could go to School (even though the kids
are already out) and do some planning for this next fall. Sadie is very active in Elijah's class on the
days he goes. The School is a Public School Environment for HomeSchoolers. The kids go 2-3 days per week
and the rest of the time they are homeschooled. My Grands thrive in this environment. They Love it! When
Savannah starts School...she will be automatically moved forward a year or two because she has learned so
much just being there. They treat younger brothers and sisters just like students...so they acclimate even more quickly.
It is a pretty amazing program.

The weather turned to rain today...so I'm feeling the change in my muscles...and also I have had migraines for
3 days. But I wanted to help Sadie out so she didn't have to drag the kids to meetings with her. And it does me
good to distract myself from the pain. We had so much fun. I instructed the kids on how to make a Fairy Garden
and they did a great job on it...all by themselves. Plus we got a lot of Park Time in too. They are so good when
they are here with me. And they make my heart sing with happiness and delight.

Hope all My Porchies are having their own Summer FUN! It has been a nice one here so far! Take Time to Enjoy
The Beauty of Nature and the Beauty of Fresh Air and Great Days and Nights.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 20 2019 12:48:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  6:35:47 PM  Show Profile
I am new to the porch but I've been reading some of the topics. This is a very busy section and being as nosy as I am I just had to check it all out. We have been getting an unbelievable amount of rain here and I did not get a garden out this year. I planted a few sweet peppers in some pots and put a couple tomato plants in my flower bed. Hopefully some of you have had better luck with a garden.
I have a lot to learn about so many of the things that go on with the farmgirls but I have joined some of the swaps and card exchanges and am learning some of the ropes. This has all been so much fun for me to connect with other farmgirls and share ideas and feelings. Seems to me like I should have a sweet tea in my hand right about now. Hope to join you all again soon. Farmgirl hugs to all of you

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  10:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy 1st Day of Summer ladies!

Welcome Jan, Diana and Lori. Never a dull minute on this porch, ever. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Got rain laying in pools cause that's what it does in KY. It's a wonder I even have any plants in planters living, let alone growing.
Good thing for drain holes is all I can say. My 2 raised beds are giving me some tasty Sugar Snap peas yet, must be due to all the rain.
Bush beans are about to flower. Hope they get to make beans before the 90s come back and dry it all out.

Enjoying cool nights and leaving all house windows up at night to cool house off during the day. Windows come down when temps in house are 70ish
to trap cool air inside.

My sis in law from NC came today. She wants to find a rental near me and my son so she can be near family. Pray we can find one please. Getting
a newspaper tomorrow if we can find one. Small towns like mine might have one that comes out weekly.

Take care ladies until we meet again.

Patsy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Jun 20 2019 10:37:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2019 :  11:17:51 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH LORI...we are so glad to have you! This is a Fabulous Group of Farmgirls
and a Place where you can share everything and feel SAFE about doing so. We laugh, we cry, we
stay close and we enjoy The Farm Life Together So come on and sit a spell and share somethings about yourself!!

Patsy...Sounds like your weather is as Crazy as ours is! But I
do enjoy the warm days! Today so far it is overcast but usually about 2 pm it burns off...and gets sunny! I will pray that your niece or SIL (can't remember which) Is able to find a place closer to you. That would be really nice! Family is important and good to have around! The older I get the more I appreciate all the family and friends I have. When we get ready to leave this World those relationships are all that will comfort us.

Well, Ladies I guess I better move on and get something done today. Have a Fabulous Weekend!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 21 2019 11:47:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2019 :  6:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I guess I should tell everyone a little bit about myself. I love crafting and being outside. I used to do a lot of canning and grew about everything we needed for the winter. I am wanting to get started on that again. This year we have had so much rain I couldn't even get think about getting a garden started. I put some stuff in pots and am growing a few things that way. We have only lived in our current home for two years now and I am loving it. There is so much work to do that I could never get bored, even if I wanted to. I have made a promise to myself to learn to sew this year. I have wanted to learn for several years now. There are so many projects that capture my attention.
I have been reading some of the comments you girls are putting down and am enjoying them so much. Thank you for letting me be a part of the porch pals.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2019 :  5:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys! I figured I would jump on here for a couple minutes before I need to get back to work.

Peggy - There are times I wonder if my body is just exhausted from having all the kiddos! I'm just not sure how to build it back up! I'm already dairy and gluten free, along with multiple other things, due to allergies. We have had multiple miscarriages, so I guess they may have played a part as well. Oh - I went back to read where Nora posted about "me," but if I'm not mistaken, she was talking about someone else. I didn't have a seizure :). But I sure hope the other Shannon is doing better!

Lori - welcome to the porch! We have only lived in our current house for around 2.5 years and there is a never ending list of things to do!!! Sewing is one of my favorite "me time" things to do, though ironically I never sew anything for myself, lol. Primarily I sew for my kids, especially my younger girls!

Patsy - so far our garden is only giving us lettuce... but thew carrots, radishes and peas are looking promising, and I'm hoping the tomatoes and peppers are productive!

Jan - welcome to the porch :)

Well I guess I should get back to work. Today is my hubby's birthday, and he requested Stromboli for dinner. We are also working on fair projects for 4H. Each of the older four kids have 9 to 15 projects. With all of them sewing a quilt as one of them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2019 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
Welcome to all the new ladies. So glad you are here. Been a busy week. Rainy here too.
Today hubby and I went to a market called Junkstock. Lots of fun things to do. They have venders and food trucks and love band.

Peggy I got to see Beth Moore speak this weekend. Oh my was it good the music and her lessons and let me say God was rocking the house.

This week my granddaughters are coming. Then we are leaving Sunday for vacation. We are going to Texas first to my stepmoms to go through Daddy's stuff oh how I miss him and then to the beach for our anniversary.

Well hope all is well
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2019 :  06:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Been a bit since I've been able to get on here.
Welcome , welcome to all our new porchies! So nice to have you here and to get to know you.

Patsy, praying your sister in law finds a nice rental nearby.

Shannon, my goodness girl I don't know how you do all you do especially with health issues.

I have been at my daughter's since Friday and will be staying for this week to help her out with the 4 kiddos. Work has taken her hubby to a short conference and she needed an extra pair of hands. I am always happy to oblige as we do not see them as often as I would like to. The youngest is 8 mos. now and the cutest little guy. His 3 big sisters love him to pieces. As do we all. Time goes too fast when they are little. Each of them is so unique in their personalities and their interests. So I am enjoying myself.

The weather has been good for the gardens but I did not get one in this year due to so much rain and the ground being so soaked all the time. Last year it started out great but then it got so hot and was hard to keep things from drying out. So we watered and then it rained a lot and things just did not do well in the end.

Hope you all are enjoying a great summer. Our temps have been cooler due to the rain but when the sun comes out the temps are nice and it is beautiful so we take advantage of those days.

Take care everyone!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2019 :  4:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I hope you are feeling better. This is such a bad time of the year for your health to hit the downslide. I have surgery on my gallbladder Friday but that won't be bad. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Farmgirl hugs to you and prayers for a swift healing.
I also loved all the cow pictures. Such talent. I don't have any cows but I love seeing them out in the pasture. The only animals we have are dogs and cats.
I am currently working on the July Mail Art. This is my first time doing this. I have joined a couple of things and am enjoying it. What a way to connect with some of the other sisters.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2019 :  08:05:27 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy - How exciting to spend some time with the granddaughters! I'm sure all of you will have a blast! I guess we are just doing a staycation this year. Hubby took the week off for Fair the end of July, so we will see what we can do to relax during those days. More than likely, lots of work ;)

Denise - I keep joking with my endocrinologist that once I get my iron and Vitamin D stuff figured out and at normal levels, I'm going to get a TON done!!! Most days I just trudge through everything! I'm looking forward to feeling up to it plus enjoying it! I can only imagine how grateful your daughter is to have your help!!! There were many days when Brad was deployed, that I wished for an extra set of hands.

Lori - So glad you are jumping in and getting to know people! And thank you so much for the prayers! Somehow God will use this for His glory <3. I will be praying for your surgery on Friday!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2019 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Another Cooler Day Today! But as long as it doesn't rain too much it's fine. I don't plan to go out today anyway...
as I had a lot of running around yesterday! It was fun and I enjoyed myself but now I am a bit weary!!! Need to
rest and relax. And try to calm my nerves. Having Family Issues at the moment...that need to be resolved...but for
the life of me...I don't have the energy to deal with it. So, I'm putting it all in God's hands and letting it go
before my head explodes like flattened pumpkin. LOL

Shannon...yes, we all thought you had a seizure. Well, praise God you didn't! You are the only Shannon Farmsister I
know...so I just assumed it was you! I think miscarriages are harder on a Woman's Body than full-term births. But I
have no real qualifier for that knowledge than observations of myself and other women over the years. I am sure your
Dr.'s will figure it all out ~ Lord willing!

Lori...thanks for telling us a little about yourself! That is always helpful for the rest of us. I hope you do learn to
sew this year...as it is always good to challenge one's self to learn new things. I did that with Knitting and was so
glad to finally accomplish a new skill-set. I knit like a Mad Woman For about 8 years. I knit 50+ Prayer Shawls for
women and men who were going through Chemo, MS, Lupus, Lung Disease and even just Depression due to a Difficult
Bump in the Road. I also made Chemo Caps, baby caps, and many Sports Caps and Scarves. Then I got into Dish Cloths and
knit one a night while watching TV. Everybody and their brother got them for tuck in gifts. LOL Now I have
retired my Knitting Needles and am on to Diamond Painting. Which I find just as relaxing but with less entanglements
as yarn!!! Pun intended!!! Find a friend who loves to sew and would be willing to give you lessons once a week.
That is how I learned to Knit one Summer. And then there is always good On-line Tutorials to help too. I made all
my boys take cooking and sewing in High School. They are all great cooks and could sew if they had to!! I told them
that they couldn't depend on young women to know how to do those things. I have 3 boys of my own and 3 step-kids.
All Adults now. So, go for that Dream and Goal and you will be so Proud of your accomplishments! And we will Cheer
you one!!

Have to go deal with our Family Issue!! Back Later!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2019 :  7:52:48 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I hope you can get your energy back soon. It's so hard to try to get things done that need to be done when there is no energy to work with. I will continue to pray for you. Make sure to take time out for rest. Your body needs it right now.

Peggy Ann, family issues are always so stressful. Hope things work out soon. I have also learned to just put it all in God's hands and let Him handle it. That kind of stress can drag you down. You have an amazing sense of humor. I did have to laugh at the thought of your head exploding like a pumpkin.

Life is finally starting to settle into a routine now. I am starting to let go of so many things and just dealing with what I can deal with. I am getting my energy back now and starting to get caught up on the house work and yard work. We have had so much rain that I can't mow all of the lawn. I did spend some time fixing up the patio in the front of the house. I moved some stuff around and placed a lounge chair out and a small outside table my dad gave me about 8 years ago. It is looking pretty good out there now. I enjoy looking out over the pond in the early evening and enjoying the silence. It was so beautiful out today that I just couldn't stop looking out the windows and going outside to play with Jazz.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2019 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile
So nice to be outside and notice that the yard is drying out. I even got most of it mowed today. There is only about one third of an acre that didn't get mowed due to being too wet. I have little bitty peppers on my sweet pepper plants and picked 6 cherry tomatoes today. My husband and I did a lot of work outside today and while we were moving landscaping beams I noticed an area that would be great for a little she shed for me. I have been thinking about getting one so I could have a little spot to get creative in. I want to make it feminine and use a lot of whites and pale pink. I want it to be totally girly and glamorous. Do any of you have a she shed?

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm only going to be on here for a minute... about to leave for my last infusion... well hopefully my last, lol

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  7:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Shannon.... Hope your infusion was the last for you. How are you feeling. Prayers for you and hopes that you will feel better soon. I'll be thinking about you

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  1:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...

Things are calming down on the Home Front...with Family Issues. My 40 yr old son, who lives with has undiagnosed
Bi-Polar Disorder and a Form of Schizophrenia. His Dad has it too (My 2nd husband) and I know the symptoms like the
back of my hand. It ended up causing our Divorce many many years ago. But my 40 yr. Old hates how his dad is most
of the time and so you cannot bring up the fact that he has it too or he goes ballistic. I would say 80 of the time
my son is able to deal with it. But the 20% of the time it is Hell for everyone. He has some control over it because
he never does any of this around my husband (3rd One) because my son respects my husband more than he does me. And
I blame my ex-husband for that. He use to set My Oldest (not his son) and my now 40 yr. old down at the Table with
the Bible open and tell them that I was I was a bad Mother and Wife...and when they grow up they should never marry
a pretty woman...as they can never trust them. My sons were 3 and 8 at the time. I won't go into all the ugly remi-
fications of that kind of abuse. But one day I asked my 3 year old son to do something and he said and I quote "I
don't have to do that, because you are just a woman!" Now, he is 40 and he loves me in a weird warped sort of way,
but there is No respect what so ever. ~ About 2 weeks ago he started telling my youngest son and his wife..."You know
my dad is Mental and Mom is Mental...do you think I should be checked for that? It could be genetic! My youngest said,
"I know your dad has Mental Health Issues and so, If you think you might inherit that you should go talk to somebody.
But I can tell you...with 100% assurance that Mom has no Mental Issues. Anyway, from there it was a rolling snowball
going down a Mountain and Picking Up Speed. He calls my Oldest Son in Seattle and drags him into this conversation.
Mean while at home...he is being Nasty and Ugly and saying horrible things to me. Then he starts threatening my youngest
son. After a week an a half...the youngest son says, "Mom, I am so done with him, his lies. his threats and his verbal
abuse. Nobody should have to take that from anyone." If he calls me, texts me, or my wife any more, or comes to my work
as he has Threatened to do...I will call the Police on him and then take out a restraining order on him." We have had all
this craziness going on for two weeks now. It is calming down on the Home Front because my husband and I have talked it
through and we are using the Biblical Approach of being wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove...with him. The Bible
also says that a Soft voice turns away wrath. If I absolutely cannot deal with it...I just remove myself out of the
situation for awhile...so, I can breathe and decompress. My main gift as a Follower of Christ is being a Teacher,
my second gift is empathy and my 3rd is being a PEACEMAKER. I do not do well with Stress in my Homelife. I can deal with
it outside my home but not in my home. I have prayed and asked God to find a place for my son to live...just not here.
Pat's request to Coach Surf at our place for one night, maybe two...has turned into 2 yrs and 8 months. I cannot throw
him out into the Street...to live homeless...as he has no job, been refused disability twice though he needs to have it
as he suffers terribly with Goat. So, we are all between a rock and a hard place with him. Please pray about this for me.
I don't want to live my remaining years under this kind of Stress. It makes my Fibro Flare and causes Stress on my heart.
It is enough stress caring for my husband and all his many health issues...but he and I for the most part can live peace-
fully together. as we have for 35 years. Like any couple we have those small tiffs but we kiss and make-up and all is well.

Love, Hugs, and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  4:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Hope you are having a good day! I went to the Nutritionist/Wellness doctor today. I have to go see an MD because my thyroid is acting up and she can't do anything more until we get it regulated. So I have an appt with MD Monday. I just love getting older... it just SLAPS you into reality and who DOESN'T love THAT!/?
Shannon, I hope I don't have to go to an Endo doctor. I really can't afford that with no insurance. I told my doc today that I'm too old for a lemonade stand... and too young for Medicare(now THAT'S funny right there, I don't care who you are)!! Hahahaha
Yesterday and today we've had 90 & 91 temps. Man, that's a shocker. Of course I blame it on Patsy. She and her sister-in-law came up for their family reunion and to spend a week visiting and she's been having rain and high temps in KY, so I blame her for bringing it here! And according to our 10 day forecast... as soon as she leaves... we go right back down to low 80's...I know, crazy huh???
Ok Gals, make it a GREAT day! Keeping you in my Prayers!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2019 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, many prayers for you and the situation you are going through. Sometimes you need to share with friends so they can help carry your load. It sounds like you are going through a lot. Any time you need to vent I am here. You can always email me if you want to. It sounds to me like your faith means a lot to you. Keep a strong hold on that. God will not let you down. Farmgirl hugs and prayers.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2019 :  4:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Hope all went well for you with the nutritionist/wellness doctor. It seems like the older we get the more health problems arise. It has been hot here too. I'm glad the rain stopped but the temp shot up into the 90's. At least we can mow out lawn. It was so wet we couldn't even get half of it mowed. Have a great day and God bless.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page