Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies, friends, sisters,
Just want to share my weight loss story. I went on a Women's Christian Retreat in November. Several were talking about their weight/diet .
To make a long story short, I researched and researched until I was ready to get my act together and feel better. I have been doing Keto since
the week before Thanksgiving and lost 20 pounds. I was just at my doctor and all my bloodwork was great. My thyroid meds were decreased and my blood pressure meds will be next. I no longer have muscle and joint pain and I sleep better. I have no cravings and am never hungry. I eat because I need to.
I didn't eat any holiday treats and didn't want them. Abnormal for me. The pain aspect was my reason for trying it. I was fed up of all the inflammation. I have
RArthritis and I refused to go on the drugs! I'm so good, I can't believe it. They say your gut is the answer to many illnesses. Yes to that!
. Denise, our weather is the same as yours. Book and tea time!
Peggy, still with the disruption in your house? Come and stay with me!
Judy, did you ever find another church?
Off to start dinner now!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  11:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...This New South Beach Diet is a Keto Diet too. I am still graving sweets big time though!! Did you use a particular book or
recipe book? Let me know, I might want to check it out. I would love to quit craving sweets!! Good for you on all that weight loss in
such a short time. xoxo

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 11 2020 12:12:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  11:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, my craving stopped within days. My friend lost 65 pounds in a year. I walked right past her. I didn't recognize her!
Go to Utube and listen to Dr Berry MD and Dr Berg DC. Best info and they both do it. Once you get past the cravings it's easy.
Drink a sweet tea when you crave. Stevia is in some and that might help you. I know your'e a tea snob now but if you want to know
the one's I drink, ask me. Good luck.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  12:07:22 PM  Show Profile
GoGoGo Gals!! I enjoy hearing success stories on weight loss. We have a group called Tops around here.
My grandma used it when she was living in Cambridge, Oh. She did really well on it.
I know a guy who's lost 150 pounds so far. He was a REALLY big guy. They have weekly meetings, where you weigh in, and get medals and certificates and such. They seem to really enjoy themselves. They meet on Tuesdays, then come to the restaurant I go to and have soup & salad or some lite meal, and just laugh and carry on. I enjoy their crazy bantering. I think the craving period takes a long time to get through Peg... for most people. We've eaten junk food for so long that it's our 'Normal.' If you socialize a lot, that makes it worse because we feel we deserve sweets with our meal or coffee. After all, all the others are doing it! Right?
It's hard work to change our way of thinking. And THAT'S NOT easy!! They call it a 'Life-style Change'
(cause it is)... not a diet.
Good Luck Gals!! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  11:48:40 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I only do it online but the first time I just did meetings.
I like weight watchers with the points. It is all about balance in eating.
Darlene,
Is Keto the one where you eat a lot of meats and fats? I am not a big meat eater.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  12:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Denise, yes and I'm not a big meat eater either. I just do the one's I want. This is the only diet that I have been on that I have no problem doing.
I did WW once and lost 24 pounds but it was a struggle and costly! Between the meetings and food. This is just regular food and just knowing
what to eat. My husband is Italian and likes to eat and likes his pasta! I've had no problem cooking for us either. I feel better than I have in years.
I was prepared to stop if my bloodwork wasn't good. Shockingly it was great! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LoL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  07:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know Darlene!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  10:02:29 AM  Show Profile
Denise...Thank you for the Beautiful Valentine! It was so sweet and thoughtful! I bought Valentine's to send everyone but with this mess of an Apartment
with them still working on it...I was just too weary to fill them out and mail them. Maybe next year. LOL But I hope you had a Lovely Valentine's Day. Ours
was quiet, but my younger son and DIL brought us A Box of Candy each and cards from them and the Grand-kids. Elijah who is just in first grade signed
his name in beautiful cursive writing. I am so Thankful that the Christian School they go to part time...teaches that still. And Mommy does it too in their
Home Schooling too. My other grandkids...don't get it in Public School in Seattle and even my 19 year old Grand-daughter who went to a Christian School
in Spokane didn't get it either. I swear she still has her parents read my cards to her. SADness!!!

Darlene...I am incorporating more Keto in my South Beach this month...we will see how it works for me. I am going to do these delivered meals until I see
some weight loss then I will probably just switch back to regular food and eat the same way. Right now I need someone else figuring it out for me. I'm
pretty darn weary.

Well, Lord willing the work will be complete on The Apartment this Monday...but they just gave everyone notice that this Spring they are doing some
major upgrades to the Complex...which will mean more Major work for all the residence too. I am feeling ready to move! This 3 week project was
enough to put my tail in a spin. I hate to think of what is in store for us in a month or two. My husband doesn't want to move...but truthfully girls he
does nothing what so ever; I do all the work and then our kids move us. And then my hubby gripes about how difficult the move was. Geesh!!!

Okay, It is pouring rain here and I need to go rest some more!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2020 :  6:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy Tuesday
Just flying in to say hello hope you had a beautiful day.
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  01:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...well they came yesterday and fixed the carpeting in the living room and in my water-heater closet. It took them
10 minutes...just like I said it would. Then they told me they would send in the other guys to move all my furniture back. And my husband
and I looked at each other and said, "Nope, we aren't waiting for any more workers, we will do it ourselves." The Bookcase was heavy
but between the two of us, we got it and the rest of it went more quickly, plus I finally got to take my Christmas Tree Down!! Yeah!!
Good thing we did it ourselves because nobody has been back for two days. Mercy Me!

Hi Teacher Tammy...glad you flew in for a quick HI! Come back when you can stay longer and visit!!

Today, I went on my second walk of Feb. It was blue skies and sunny but cold. It felt great, however. I got in a 3.25-mile walk
pushing Mr. Snickers in his Dog Stroller. He Loved it as much as I did. I started out with just a long sleeve T and a Vest (and
yes, jeans and shoes too! lol) and halfway through the walk I took off my vest. I got lots of pretty Spring Flowers, which I
posted on my Facebook Page. Check them out!

Hope everyone had a lovely Tuesday just like I did!! It is amazing what Sunshine will do for you!!! Lifts the Spirits that is
for sure.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  08:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Peggy, are you like Patsy? She is solar and can't function without sun on her solar panels. hahaha
We had 51 yesterday, but with a 15 mph wind that was really bitter. Ran a few errands and made sure I had my ear muffs and gloves on. Today is sunny but with a lower temp of 30. I have more errands today and will dress appropriately for it... more layers.
Tammy, I thoroughly enjoyed your fly-in! Fly in again soon! *giggle*
Well all, keep warm and stay hydrated. That's so important, even in winter.
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  4:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yup! My Sissy knows me all to well. It's been so gray and gloomy, I'm just hiding. BUT.. the sun made an appearance and I was out in it charging up my

solar panels. Felt better all day. Got some junk mail. No eggs. Chicky gals have to get their solar panels charged up too. lol Got some laundry done.

Hoping I sleep better tonight just because I got me some sun! Fresh air work wonders on the body, doesn't it?

Glad to read your posts. Chins up ladies and keep on keepin' on.. Love you all.. later..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  5:35:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sissy*waving madly*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  12:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I'm drinking a cuppa of Plum Deluxe...Sugar Cookie Dessert Tea...trying to warm up. I did another 3.30-mile walk today. It was sunny but bitterly cold because of the
wind. By the time we got back home, I was a pop cycle and I was sneezing my head off. And the sneezing hasn't stopped all evening. I just took some NyQuil and my
Night pills and decided to drink a hot cuppa before I went to bed...so, thought I would jump on here and see who was on The Porch today. Just our Sweet Sisters
and now me. I had a really good Study as I prepared for Bible Study tomorrow night. But before that, I had my own personal Papa Time. Tonight I watched the Demo-
cratic Debates curious about what Bloomberg would have to say. I'm an Independent...so I vote my morals and my faith...but I lean right not left. I have been known
to vote Democratic once or twice. Anyway, let's just say it was a screaming fest. And Bloomberg isn't a very personable guy despite all the allegations about him.
I probably shouldn't talk Politics on here but that was how my evening went. I like to hear what both sides feel on issues...whether I like their opinions or not.

Well, My Lovely Ladies...I'm going over to FB now and see who is over there. Hope you sleep better tonight Patsy!!!

Judy "waving madly" teehee!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 20 2020 12:12:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Got a BIG ol' smile on my face reading what my Sis wrote and then Peggy!

*Waving madly* at you BOTH! teehee!

I did sleep better last night. Almost to good.. lol Think I'm catching up on a lot of sleepless nights.. I just finally crash.

Sure hope you are not coming down with something Peggy and if you are I hope you get ahead of it.. that's what I try to do.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  08:55:33 AM  Show Profile

Looks cold out on the porch:

Today is Kaycee's 8th birthday:

The kitties are taking advantage of the calf hutches right now since they're empty:

Hopefully we'll have a calf by next week. It's supposed to warm up into the 50's after this week.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  12:41:04 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYCEE!! Give that little fuzzy spot on her head a special rub for me! I can tell she's a Sweetie! Pet the Kitties for me too! Isn't this crazy weather for Ohio? Today and tomorrow is 30's and the SonDay is the 50's I can see it now... people in shorts and T-shirts and sick on Monday and Tuesday whining to their doctors! *sigh*
Have a great weekend gals! Dress appropriately! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  1:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
To Judy: Yes Mama! Will dress right! Promise.. haha

Happy Birthday Kaycee!! Eat some hay for me! teehee

Love the kitty markings esp. the smudges on the noses.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  1:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Okay, Patsy...I don't know why you want the cow to eat some hay for you...but cake would be better...just sayen!!!

Judy...Our weather is about as weird as yours. I'm sure everyone will be sick with colds and flu. We have 3 lovely days
and now 7 days of rain starting tomorrow, Most of my Bible Study Group stayed home last night due to colds.

Heather...I always love your pictures girl. Life on The Farm is all about those precious animals!!

Off to take a nap. I actually accomplished 3 things today that I wanted to get done...which is shocking since I'm feeling
that rain coming all ready.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2020 :  10:02:26 AM  Show Profile
LOL!!! I agree with Peggy - you don't want to eat the hay Patsy. Kaycee got some extra grain for her birthday and she loved every bite of it. She's one of the first few due to have her baby soon so you might be seeing pics of her again soon.

I won't be wearing shorts just yet, but I sure am looking forward to not needing my overalls!! I'm ready for spring - not that winter was bad this year - but I'm ready for calves and flowers and all the color to come back from it's winter nap.

Well, I need to get off the computer and get some work done. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2020 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Ok Ok, should have said eat some treats! Almost said that.. Kaycee knew what I meant! haha

Have a good weekend!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2020 :  12:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Trying to catch up. Busy time trying to do some home projects. Finally getting to the kitchen.
Waiting for Spring and some warm Temps to warm us up. Very tired of cold and wind.
Hope everyone is staying well these days.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile

Good Morning! I hope it is a good one for everyone. I have a very disappointed Grandson, his Engineering Club was supposed to go to Washington tomorrow for a week seminar. He is a senior in college and this would of been their last trip. But with the Corona virus it was cancelled. Does anyone know anyone who has come down with this? I don't and honestly hope no one does come down with this. My daughter is a head nurse at a big hospital here. As Far as she knows no one there has come down with it yet... I am certainly not one to panic and go nuts over it. But, I really hope all of us and our families are free from it. Have a wonderful day.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  07:26:56 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane,
I have only heard of one person here who thought they had it. But tested negative for it. I won't get into what all I think about all this.

It is beautiful today, the sun shining. A little chilly but THE SUN! I think we are probably starting our Spring and I am thrilled. The cold, wet and wind were really getting to me.

We are finishing up putting new flooring in the kitchen. JT did a great job. It looks great! A couple of things to finish up this weekend when we have more time.

Hope Spring is springing into action for everyone here. Can't wait till it warms a bit more here on the porch.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  12:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I don't know why but I thought no one was posting on here because I got no notifications. And so I came to check and there were
3 or 4 new ones. I can't imagine why I got no notifications as I was still logged on.

It has been a busy and tiring week. And I didn't get to see my family over the weekend...so, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that
they were all busy with other things. I could have gone out by myself but that is not near as much fun as being with all of them.

Savannah, went to the Dr. yesterday because she was running a temp. of 104.4 and it turned out that she had another Sinus
Infection. So, she should be good by the weekend now that they put her on antibiotics. I face-timed with her and Elijah yester-
day morning and that was fun! But her little cheeks looked flaming red! They both yelled, "We Miss You Grandma!" Now, that
made my heart feel better!!!

MaryJane...I don't personally know anyone with the Coronavirus but I do live in WA State where we have had 10 people die from it.
So, we are taking it very seriously! If I hear anyone coughing their head off in a store, II turn the other way. We also are hyper-
vigilante about washing our hands often and using Hand Sanitizer.

Denise...like you dear sister I have my own personal theories on how all this got started in the first place but I will keep that to
myself also. I think we are doing everything here in the U.S. to keep it under control.

Well, I better get off here, as I need to go get air put in my tires and get my hubbies medication.

Hi and a wave...to Heather, Patsy, Judy and whoever all I missed.

Spring is here...all are ornamental Cherry Trees are in bloom, and all our Spring flowers.

Have a Beautiful Day!!!!

Love, Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page