Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile
It's GOT to be chocolate frosting!! Those cashews sound intriguing! May I try some, please?

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  5:09:37 PM  Show Profile
I am with you Beemoosie, those cashews sound intriguing can you pass some my way

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  5:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Certainly Tammy, try some!! We will have to head to the kitchen and see if there is possibly a RECIPE posting in the future!!!
whew maybe later, I'm too comfy here at the moment!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  8:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Friday went well! Now I am just waiting for news.

What I have been waiting to tell you is that I applied at Wells Fargo to work in their in-house call center helping tellers and such with questions. I think the interview went well and I will know by Friday if I got in or not. Please please keep your fingers crossed that I did!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  8:22:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, I have my fingers and toes crossed. I'll say a prayer for you, too! Let us know.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  08:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Marly!! I am on pins and needles waiting!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  10:00:42 AM  Show Profile
Alee, count me in...wishing you good news about the job...if it weren't so dang cold, I would go sit out on the balcony and wait to hear the good news from you,,,but, instead, I'll hang out in the house, but will pretend I am siting in a comfy rocker waiting....
hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 16 2009 10:01:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  5:14:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bonnie and Tammie, follow me to the kitchen and I will show you how to make my top secret rosemary cashews. Aren't they the yummiest? Careful, they are addictive.
Nancy in Ark

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  5:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Nan,
they are very addictive, but oh so yummy. And Alee praying for you and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  9:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug works where I applied and talked to one of the people I was interviewed by. He said that I was received well but that there are something like 137 applicants and only 10 get selected per training session! Yipes! So I am glad they liked me but I hope I get in! If not I can re-apply for the next round which would happen sometime in January I think.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  9:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee! I so hope you get in! Sending lots of good luck!
Oh please, did someone mention chocolate??????!!!! I'd love some pretty please =)
I'm just about to start on a Christmas apron and have made some of MaryJane's lovely scones with home made huckleberry jam, anyone for a scone and jam?
I'll just head into the kitchen for a tea cup and some hot tea...anyone for a bit more tea?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  04:34:25 AM  Show Profile
(again, to the sound of the screen door slamming) Whoa! I see we have some newcomers! Welcome, Welcome! Alright, who's hiding that chocolate cake? I know it's here somewhere. And those girls better hurry up in the kitchen. I didn't get to try any of the first batch of Rosemary Cashews, so I'm waiting on the next one. Thank goodness I have a huge pantry. Alee, my prayers are still there. It's Tuesday, have you heard yet? Annika, while I wait, I have just got to try that huckelberry jam. I've heard of it, but never tasted it. Ooh, my mercy! This IS delicious! And yes, would you be so kind as to top off my tea? Thank you! Ladies, I have to admit. This is definitely the life. Now, scooch over in that hammock. I'm needing a little bit of time off my feet. They are soaked from the morning chores, since it's been raining here -- AGAIN.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  05:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Hellooooo, I am back. Got the cashews taken care of. Now I can sit here and enjoy the cake, scones and all the other great stuff. Alee, girl, you are in my prayers as well. Good thoughts are sent your way. Keep us informed.
Ahhhh, this is the life.
Nancy in Ark

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*Hands out plates of carrot cake with a nice thick layer of cream cheese frosting) Nope- no news yet. I am thinking it will be closer to the end of the week. They have to call my professional references and make sure that I didn't over inflate my work experience and such.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  12:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee, this cake is absolutely delicious!!!! Would you like some sweet tea to wash yours down with? No problem -- they're gonna find out you are the perfect person for the job -- (yes, Nora? Why yes, darlin', you may play with the kitty). I mean, they'd be outta their minds not to choose you. And, hmph. A farm girl NEVER overinflates herself. She's just so good, she doesn't have to! Good luck, Alee. I'm still praying for you!

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Well what a better place to wait for news about a job, Alee, than here on the porch!
If I may, I'd love a sliver of that carrat cake, and Annika, I must simply try a scone and some jam!
Julie, is there some unsweetened tea left, watching my figure dontcha know!!
Nan, those cashews were so yummy, if I ever get back to my own kitchen I may have to try a batch.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hands Bonnie some cake* Sure thing Bonnie! Yes I am certainly keeping my hopes up! Tomorrow is Wednesday! I hope they call bright and early offering the job. I am going to be a nervous wreck until Friday rolls around. Actually I try to only think about it a couple times a day. The rest of the time I try to ignore it! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  7:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I hope you get it Alee!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  1:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Alee, add my good wishes to everyone else's, I really hope you get the job.

I am gaining weight here on the porch, haven't eaten a bite yet but listening to all these great food descriptions is adding pounds....

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone! My husband is optimistic that I am getting the job. They were trying to get a hold of me today but I was at school and dealing with insurance stuff all day that resulted from the car wreck last week. Hope hope hope!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  11:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, there's a fresh pitcher of unsweetened in the ice box. Let me get it for you! Alee, I'm praying, praying, praying!!!!! (Screen door slamming, voice fading into the kitchen......)Annika? Got anymore jam left? Bonnie would like some, please! Oh, look! Someone's been in here cleaning up this kitchen....boy, do I just love the farm girl elves! (voice getting louder, screen door slamming....) here ya go, Bonnie. Yes, Nora? Of course, darlin'. I will definitely send you one of the new calves, right after it's born and weaned. Of course, sweetie. You'll get to pick out the name, too. Alee? Have Nora start thinking about what name she wants. The baby should be born around the end of January!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  1:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
Any news. We're praying for you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie~ I'm near to burstin'! Thank you so much!
Alee, any news sweetie?

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  6:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Alee, did you hear anything? This waiting is enough to nearly kill me...I best try sweeping the porch or something....sweeping porch...time to get ready for Thanksgiving....humming as she does her merry work...hears the teapot whistling..porch's swept...flying to bring out the tea...

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies! Guess what! I got the job! I'll be starting in to training in December! Yay!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page