Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  6:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I don't think any of you are old hens! If I did, Would I be here?!?!?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  7:36:52 PM  Show Profile
I tell you don't stray from the porch long...you miss so much! Welcome Minnie....sit down and enjoy the stories...oh my goodness...this is a crazy fun place! if you're not laughing hysterically, you'll be bawling your eyes out...all in all, you'll never find a finer bunch of porchies!!!
So grab a cupcake and put your feet up...maybe Peggy or Darlene will give us a foot massage!
Happy Evening all.......hens, chicks, we're all a bunch of cackling gooseberries! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  7:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Cindy....did you get the job? Did you take it? I'm supposed to hear tomorrow about mine.....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  7:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I worked a golf tournament today for our school. I don't even golf. Believe me I can't hit the ball and I have never understood the game. So I worked the raffle ticket booth. Tomorrow is our first day of school with the kiddos. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I just love new bookbags, new clothes, new pencils, and of course new butterflies to watch grow. Butterflies is what I call my little kiddos. I left yall some scones and English Breakfast tea. I have missed yall. i will check in tomorrow evening and let yall know how my first day went.

I will bring a big pot of tea cause I am sure I will have to catch up. Lol

have a great day tomorrow
hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Tammy-I've been out of school for so many years and don't have kids but I get so excited around this time of year. It's like a new beginning. I love that the air will start getting cooler and college football season will start soon.

Minnie-Welcome!We are a fun bunch!

Peggy-let me tell ya! I need a foot massage! I just took a hot bath with the windows open.I feel so relaxed.

Monica-I love it! We are a bunch of gooseberries!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  8:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Sister Porchies,
I have recovered from my bike ride. DD was here with my 4 month old GD for the afternoon. I made us all a lasagna dinner, cuddled the baby and went to bed very early (6 p.m.) because my throat hurt and I was tuckered out. Now it is after 11 p.m. and I am awake! I hope that I fall back to sleep soon. So, I'll take advantage of being awake and get caught up with you all.

Channah & Meghan- You girls are amazing! I enjoy reading about your fun and healthy lives! Girl Scouts, rugby, gardens, babysitting... My youngest DD is also not like most of the other teen girls that are around now days. Gems!

Tammy- Prayers for your first day of school tomorrow! The analogy of students to butterflies is sweet and energetic! I also volunteer at a golf tournament annually to benefit the agency I work for. I always photograph the foursomes and get to greet everyone. My DH enjoys golf and I play with him a couple of times a year but I find it very boring after 9 holes.

Welcome Minnie! Sit back, relax and enjoy the porch with us. This is an amazing group of sincere, diverse and hilarious women. Ordinary living is an adventure!

Peggy- Do you have any of that chocolate cake left? 7 layer chocolate cake! Oh how delicious! Glad that the family reunion and the travels went well. Your fedora sounds so cute! I love hats but don't own any summer ones. I have been looking at thrift stores for a wide brimmed one to wear in the garden.

Angela- I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself!
My mind also went to the "uh oh, I hope hubby didn't bring anyone home for lunch" group as I was readng your story! It reminded me of when I was about 12 years old I was mowing the lawn and mowed over an underground bees nest. The bees came out and attacked in full force. They were everywhere, including under my shirt. I ran into the house and whipped my shirt off as I ran. In my panic I had forgotten that the corn cutting crew was at our farm that week and they were all in the kitchen eating lunch when I ran in shirtless! I was mortified!

Monica- I'll be waiting tomorrow to hear if you got the job! Prayers for favor and good understanding in the sight of God and others (Proverbs 3).

Darlene- As I was on my bike ride Saturday morning and feeling the miles I thought of your outdoor tubs! As I pedalled up Circular Hill Road I thought that if I knew that your tub was on the other side I would be energized to really get up the hill! Actually, I thought of all of you girls while pedalling along. That is one reason I love bicycling and hiking- lots of time to think and pray.

The garden is doing well. This is the first weekend in quite a while that I haven't canned or frozen mine or farmer's market produce. The tomatoes are ripening fast now. I froze 2 gallons of tomatoes last weekend because I didn't have time to can them. I may have to freeze more because I don't have time to can until my vacation next week.

I think I will go grab a blanket and sit in the rocker on the back porch and pray to relax and fall back to sleep. Goodnight and blessings!

Lida

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  8:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much Lida! I'm not nearly as busy as Megan right now because things are just getting started around here. Dance and 4h start next month! YAY!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  8:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Channah, you are so lucky! It seems like everything has been starting all in a matter of days!
Lida, thank you so much! I try to balance out all of my interests so I am a balanced person!
Peggy, thank you! I like to think I'm an outgoing, zesty person:)
Minnie, no offense taken! I would have someone say, wow, look at that person doing something out of her age realm than having someone say, wow, isn't crocheting and knitting for grandmas? The first one makes me feel a lot better! But I still am interested in doing teenager things!
Tonight was our rugby party, and it was so fun! The girl who hosted it has a pool, so we swam. Then her mom made some really good spaghetti for dinner (good energy for tomorrow's practice:) My friends and I did get into a frosting fight:) My friends and I got orange frosting all over each other, but it was so fun! Can't wait for school to start Wednesday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  10:47:06 PM  Show Profile
I did get some work done tonight. I have 3 dozen ears of corn on the cob freezin up nicely in my new freezer sittin next to 8 quart bags of cut off corn and I'm not even half way through my mess on the porch. I only got 2 of my oversize shoppin bags done. I still have 2 more of those, 1 regular sized shoppin bag, and 1 walmart plastic bag of corn out there to do tomorrow. I did get the laundry room/food storage room/overflow storage room organized and clean between batches of corn. I also got my squash and pumpkins in their crates and ready to be hauled downstairs to the basement. I still have a lot of garden work to finish and some fall seed to get out, but it will be done in time.

I had a sweet lady tell me I can come and pick all the pears and peaches I want from her trees since she was done cannin for this year. So me and the girls will be out makin the rounds on tuesday. I will have peaches, pears, and apples to get picked and potatoes to dig at the community garden. I love playin clean up on others gardens! I get plenty of produce, have a cushion in my families storage, and I don't have to do the weedin and tendin all year. I do have to do the weedin at my sister's garden after she's done with it, but she keeps it so nice all summer that it's easy to stop by a couple of times a week to pick and weed.

It seems the porch has been busy today! I want to say welcome to our new ones and hello to our regulars! I wish I could say my social life was as active as you alls are. My social revovles around cookin and gardenin and doesn't really seem to include the people attached to the gardens and food swaps nearly as much as I'd like. I spend too much time textin and typin and not enough time sittin and talkin. I'm gonna have to make a point this winter, when things slow down, togo have coffee with all these people who help me and my family from their gardens and kitchens.

I am gonna get to spend 5 thursdays from 9-4:30 with a new farmgirl startin this thursday. We are both takin a master preserver class in franklin and I am so excited! I can hardly wait!

Well, it's late here, so I had better get to bed. I have probably 20 dozen ears of corn and some zucchini and squash to prep for the freezer tomorrow. After all, an empty freezer is a sad sight indeed Girls!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Wow...loven how full the porch is tonight! This is great!

Tammy...hope all your butterflies are enchanting and colorful this year. We will look forward to reports on their growth. I am with Pam...you, Megan and Channah...there is just something exciting about back to school and the Fall progression that gives me a sense of heightened anticipation. I love it!

Lida...I have 3 1/2 layers left of my chocolate cake and you are welcome to it! My husband has none. LOL It was really rich! ~ I can well imagine that at 12 you were mortified at your bee experience. Everything is mortifying at that age...but really I can't think of a good age for that to happen to anybody! LOL ~ Don't know that you would really call my Fedora a summer hat. But I saw another gal in one today too (different color) so, I guess it is an anytime you want to wear it HAT. I would love a summer garden hat like MaryJane's but don't want to make one. I wish they still sold them at the on-line store. That is such a cute style. Was it Angela or Monica that was going to try making one this summer? I remember somebody saying they had bought the stuff to make one. Just wondering how it turned out????

Megan...you guys must have gotten hold of some of Pam's rainbow cupcakes to have that frosting fight huh? I can still see a little bit of orange frosting on your nose!

Channah...what kind of Dance will you be doing? We did Highlander dancing at the High School I attended. It was fun!

Monica and Cindy...we are still praying about your job situations. Keep us posted will you? Just know that we want God's Best for you!

Pam...is your other Jack Russell the same color as Lola? She is so pretty. I have never seen an all white one like her before. She looks precious and lovable. ~ How are the feet tonight?~ When does your next video air? Be sure and let us know...we love having a Crafting Celeb among us! Especially one so talented!

Minnie...I am sure no one took offense to what you asked. We are glad to have you here! And you'll enjoy us all if you are just a little bit crazy like the rest of us! We do like to cut-up and laugh together. And the stories are never ending! We will love hearing some of yours too, I am sure.

Ok Porchies...before I leave the Porch tonight I have to share that my Heart is sad. I just found out that my middle son who is 31 just split up with his girlfriend. They have been together for two years and she has a 3 yr. old who calls me Grandma Pat. (Pat is my son's name...so, I think you see how he comes up with that name for me). Anyway, I just love this dear girl and her precious son and my heart is just breaking over this. I don't want to lose them out of my life. For me this has always been the hardest part about raising boys (now men) is that I always fall in love with their lovely ladies...and then it feels like we all go through a divorce together. I just hate that! I have been weepy all night...even though Tanya and I talked and reassured each other that we would stay in contact...I know how it usually goes in the end. Lives get busy and you lose contact. She even assured me that I will always be "Grandma". Jayden calls me his "Fun Grandma". Anyway...pray for me that this won't be a repeat of past experiences. These two hearts are so special to me! Sometimes I wish my boys would choose creepy girlfriends that I didn't like. (Not really but you get the point I'm sure.) Maybe I just need a harder heart or something.

Hugs & Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2010 01:01:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  05:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sorry to hear about your son's breakup. Don't harden your heart! It takes a special person to love a child in that situation. I had a DD in highschool but didn't marry her dad. I dated a few guys before I realized my love was in my life the whole time, and those guys parents didn't seem to want my DD. My best friend since 8th grade had always came for every holiday and birthday for my DD and his parents insisted we come over for christmas every year. It is important to be open hearted. My poor DD's father and his side of the family hasn't spoken to her for more than a year now. She still has grandparents and family because my DH's family just simply accepted her and doesn't even bother to 'explain' to others who she is. She is simply 'Nathan's oldest girl' and she is happier that way. Know that your love will stay with that child no matter how young they might be or how little or long you were able to give it.

God has a special reward for those who love the ones others didn't want to.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  05:23:00 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' ladies,
you sure do miss a lot when you can't get out to the porch for even one day.

Peggy, so sorry to hear of your heart ache, is there a chance that things will work out for them to be together? I know what you mean about having a harder heart sometimes. I've tried that and it's no fun. Loving deeply and unreservedly surely does open us up for hurts but it also opens us up to great joy that far outweigh the pain. (I'm sure you know that already, just felt the need to share that it is a lesson I had to relearn over the past year.) Praying for your comfort.

Hi Minnie! Welcome.

To everyone starting school this week - I hope and pray that all goes well and that you have a great week. My kiddos start Wednesday, I have a senior and a sophomore - man, where did that time go? I always loved this time of year, too and am excited that I still need to go shopping for all the supplies.

Darlene and Pam, I guess I need to read back some more and find out about your tubs and craft videos -all sounds interesting.

How are you feeling today Angela? and you, too Lida- I hope your throat is feeling better and that you were able to get back to sleep.....

Monica and Cindy - any word yet?

Praying that you all have a good day and enjoy some time on the porch.
Work is calling as well as a canadian bacon muffin - feelin' the need for some protein - anybody want one?...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  06:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Its almost time to go back to work. Even though it was such a lot of work it was a change from the office. But my week of vacation is over and its back to the job. Have a wonderful God appointed day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  06:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everybody! Lola decided at 6am that it was time to get up. Now she is curled up next to me on the couch sleeping again. Silly dog!

Peg-I'm so sorry about your son's breakup. It's so hard to get close to someone and then to leave them but remember that you got to share part of their life with them and they will be in your memories. It's lucky that you can be close to them and that she wants to continue the relationship. Oh! I got your picture too. LOVE IT! You look like you were having a blast.

Lola use to have two black eyes but as she got older she lost them so now she really just has a black dot on her tail. Jujube is her baby and has brown cow spots. Her face is getting whiter.

Today is usually my day off but my coworker asked if I could work half day today, so I'm going in. I can't complain, it's extra cash.

Canadian Bacon muffins! I may need the recipe for that!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  07:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, Megan, Channah, and any one else going back to school...I can't wait to hear how it's all going? Isn't it fun to see what's in store? I love school...paper, pens, pencils,books, and all that stuff also...it's too much fun! I was just thinking about school clothes and how fun it was each fall to get a few new things to mix with the old and see how many outfits you could make...new hair styles, new ideas...new friends, oh yeah....tis the season! Enjoy the year girls! Love the butterflies...can't wait to hear about them! Megan & Channah, you girls have some great leadership skills and it's always encouraging to hear what you're doing and learning, I love it!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy sorry for your pain. I know what you mean. I have 5 sons and 2 daughters. I hate when you accept these people into your family and heart and then they leave and you are left with this empty spot. But I know God sometimes puts people in my life for a season and I try to accept that. The Lord knew that we needed each other for some reason. I have friends of my kids from when they were in school that still call me mom. I will keep you in my prayers and your son.

My youngest son went back to school today. With all his classes and football he is gone from about 7:30am to 6:30pm. He is my last child at home. I guess I am getting ready for the empty nest.

I picked up some green beans to freeze and nectorines to can at the farmers market. The heat (over 100 for days with another week of those temps) has just about killed the garden even with all the watering. Well time to think about the fall garden.

Well ladies you all have a great day. I will be back later for a cool drink. This heat is a killer. i need to find a cooler place to live lol.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone!! I made some wonderful chocolate chip cookies this moring. They will go perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. :)
Help yourself!

Peggy, I'm taking Jazz and tap this year. I have been taking Tap for about 3 years now and this will be my first year of Jazz. :)

Staci, Thank you so much for praying for us!

Monica, Thank you so much! You are so sweet!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Peggy, I agree with Marla...sometimes people come and go if only for a season...but it's for a reason. I try to remind myself that when I meet new people and the relationships might be awkward, God knows why they're in our lives, and we know not for how long! Even if they're not to our liking, they have a purpose!
I'm sorry for your pain, and your loss...it's a grieving process even though no one died, it's a relationship that's been severed! Keep a photo of them and continually pray for them. That way you're still loving them up and your son isn't feeling like you're working against his choices. It's a hard place to be in.
I only have a daughter, but even still you do get attached to the relationships of their friends and the people they choose to have relationships with, not realizing it affects all of us one way or another...
Stay a little while longer on the porch so we can love on you today!
Hugs...have a cup of tea......the wind is really kicking up out there...we're preparing for a whopper of an afternoon thunderstorm.....

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Could use one of those yummy chocolate chip cookies Channah! they look delicious and smell delightful..maybe if I have a cup of that coffee I will have more energy to finish my mopping and cleaning..

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  11:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Help yourself Monica! There nice and warm. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I hope you have fun! I did ballet and tap for one year, but I wasn't built to be a dancer.
Peggy, it was quite fun! And my heart goes out to you and your son!
Today I have rugby pictures then practice, then I'm going to enjoy my second last day of summer:( I can't wait though! I know this sounds very anti-teenagerish, but I'm getting tired of summer. I need to learn!
Gods' Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks All You Porchies For Your Words of Wisdom and Encouragement. My heart still feels raw...but
God and I will work through it and I will be able to once again put it all into perspective. You hit on a good point Monica and Marla...I don't want my son to think I am working against his choices. That is a fine line that is so hard.

Monica by the way...I just got your picture today girl and you are cute as a button! So adorable! Thanks for blessings me with your photo and your "lovely self" on this Forum. Love having faces to go with the names don't you? Your letter was so Special too. That made my day a whole bunch brighter!

Well, I have a headache...so will try to come back later tonight. Did I hear some one mention bacon muffins? Yummy...I'd love one to go please! I Love You Porchies...you just bless my socks off!

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2010 12:33:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
LOL Megan!

I hope you feel better soon Peggy!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Megan - I love the fact that you're excited about getting back to school! I think if my kids were honest about it- they'd admit that they're ready, too. (I know I am!)

mmm.... chocolate chip cookies and coffee - just what I needed in the middle of the afternoon - Thanks for the cookies Channah - yummy.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 23 2010 12:34:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  3:27:24 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- I'm so sorry for the heartache, I could imagine it would feel like a divorce of sorts. But like everyone else is saying, it's all part of the bigger plan!

I wanna hear good news on the job front for everyone!!!

for the newbies, welcome to the porch

My baby's birthday was amazing. Her and her friend wouldn't get off the horse for probably an hour. They ended up bringing 3 ponies for the kids and 1 horse for any adults who wanted to ride. Let's just say I was on her alot. It felt really good to get back in the saddle (no pun intended). I got to use my own saddle and even got to do a little bareback riding. Had the women in stitches 'cause I said it felt better than a certain activity I do with hubby. (keepin' it "G" rated for Megan and Channah). Anyways, it was wonderful and everyone had a great time.
Today I went looking at preschool's for her. I figured I'd send her for maybe 2 (1/2) days just to play and socialize with other kids. She's already ahead of the programs they're teaching (ABC's and such) but she had so much fun, she didn't even notice I was off doing a tour of the place and not right with her. I thought she'd panic but she was having a blast playing with the other kids. There are 2 schools I liked so I'm gonna have to talk with hubby and see where we'll go from here. My biggest issue is that I'm not looking for a day-care, I want a school and that seems difficult to find. I had my 1 year old with us and people would start talking about their program for 6 week-olds and up and I just grab her and say "she isn't going anywhere for a while". I feel very fortunate that we don't have to do that sort of thing! I have to say I can't believe we are already thinking about schools and kindergarten and such... time goes by too quickly

Have a beautiful day/evening everyone!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 23 2010 3:28:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page