Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  6:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I feel bad for your little one. Being a mommy can be hard sometimes too. Grandma use to give me milk of magnesia. I remember it well. Always "just in case".
Peggy, I don't have medical insurance. I use to take something for it.. it was for stress. It knocked me out at night and the rls didn't wake me up. But I have to go at it on my own for now. Angela, I might try the horse linement on it. I have heard lots of interesting ways to help. But so far nothing does the trick.
My class I was teaching today was interesting. The class was for a tote using fabric folded around clothesline. Everyone's bag came out very different. The funny thing is I don't think they could repeat the same look if they wanted too. But we made them all work and everyone left happy. Teaching is SCARY sometimes. I always want everyone to be happy with their finished project. This one takes on a life of it's own, so you never know what is going to happen.
Anyway, hope everyone had a nice day. I'm ready for a cup of tea!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  6:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, that tote sounds very interesting. Is it sewn together after wrapping it? Any photo's? I love new ideas!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  7:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, I thought I would come out and sit for a spell.
Thanks for all your prayers for my daughter, the surgery went well. She got home late this afternoon. Seems to be bouncing right back.
I still have 5 kids tonight so everyone say a prayer that I can get some sleep. I only have one in my bed tonight so there is hope!
Bunny, sounds like a neat class.
Angela, I am sorry to hear about the little. I pray you will get some rest soon.
Megan, I am glad that school is going well. Sounds like you have your plate full.
Pam, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.
I think I might sleep well tonight regardless of how many children may be in my bed. We went to town about mid-afternoon for ballet, running errands and guitar lessons. We picked up some supper for my SIL and didn't get home til about 7:30. I am exhausted.
I have enjoyed sitting on the porch with you these last two days.
I think I will sit out here a little longer and hear the whipperwills and the frogs, etc. and then will turn in.
Good night to all.

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I meant to say little one not just little.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  7:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening my sweet porchies,
How is everyone? It has been a busy few days with my little butterflies. We are getting down in the learning path but they are a good class. They absolutely make me laugh. ONe told me I was like a fairy with purple wings coming out. I just smiled. She might not think that when she gets in trouble with me...lol

Angela so sorry about little one.

Janet glad daughter's surgery went well. Praying for your father.

Megan hope you had less homework tonight.

Well ladies I brought you some brownies and pot of hot tea. I am off to read a bit and go to bed. 5:45 comes early.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  01:35:45 AM  Show Profile
HI Porchies...Oh, it is good to come and sit a spell. It has been a crazy busy day. Did anyone bring
anything yummy to snack on or sip on?

Yesterday, I got all my zucchini grated up along with some carrots and I threw them to-
gether in the freezer to make Bread this winter. I have never put carrots in with it
but I got low on the zucchini...so, added the carrots. It might taste a little bit like
carrot cake (but hey that's one of my favorites any way). After I cut off the huge leaves
on my squashes and tomatoes now they are taking off and producing a lot more fruit. Which
is good because now...I will start freezing instead of feeding all my neighbors.

It has been raining here all day. We actually got a lot of rain where I live and it is
suppose to rain in the morning too.

Pam...hope you are feeling better. Hey my sweet adopted daughter...can you send me another picture of
yourself? Pretty Please! I got glue all over your head and then when I tried to wipe it off it
smeared your beautiful picture. If you have it on the computer...just email it to me and I will
print it out and save you the ink cost.

Janet...oh goodness, it sounds like you may have another sleepless night. I am sorry! I hope tomorrow
that your DD feels like a million bucks and can handle the kids and then you can catch up on some
much needed sleep.

Tammy...I doubt that your butterflies would be afraid of you! You're the butterfly-keeper that they love!
Oh, I just saw that you brought brownies and hot tea to the Porch. Perfect!

Angela...hope the little one feels better tomorrow. She might need a bit of oil in her diet too. It sounds
like you cook very healthily and some times all those veggies and fruit can clog the pipes.

Well beloved friends...I think I need to call it a night. My back, shoulders and head have been giving me
pain from the rain today. Time to go take something for it.

Hugs & Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  05:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies, it's been a busy few days and I'm glad I got the chance to pop out to the porch and read up on what everyone's been up to. I got two sides of my camper mostly painted just need to paint the accent color. Then it's on to the ends and the inside. It's sort of relaxing and I'm taking my time and enjoying the process (for a change.) Felt really yucky Monday and took a sick day, just not eating well lately, the kitchen has been a mess and is small to begin with. I'm just not motivated to cook when I have to clean it up first. Usually, I'd ask my family to jump to it, but with school starting up and their other projects, I've just let it go. Oh well, today is a new day.

Monica - I can't remember if you said...when do you start the new job? Hope it goes well.
Cherime - my main library may be in the attic but there are books all over our living area as well - sometimes a point of contention with my DH.
Theresa - trust that God has something better lined up for you, He usually does.
Janet - glad to hear your DD's surgery went well and hope you got some sleep last night. I'll be praying for your dad.
Pam - are you feeling better today? I hope so.
Peggy - I'm so glad you have your faith and family and that we get to sit on the porch with you, sassy-lassy. I hope you're feeling less pain today.
Angela - my oldest (17) still gets constipated because he doesn't drink enough fluids - doesn't want to take the time. He'd be thrilled that I shared that with you all, too.
Tammy - I love the fairy with the purple wings - how sweet...what a neat thought!

I really should get back to work...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 01 2010 05:42:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile
I am in a mystery phase just now. I do not confine myself to Christian books but read lots of other stuff. The two used book stores get a lot of my business. When My husband was alive his main problem was that I would read while he watched TV. Movies mostly. I am not a movie person and never have been. I always told him I could do two things at once. Watch the movie and read. Good thing it is the first of the month and payday. I need to spend more money on the remodel. But since it's Sept. need to hurry before it gets too cold to do outside stuff. Have a good day ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:34:18 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. It has been a rough week and its only Wed lol. The garbage disposal blew up and flooded the kitchen, my knee went out on me, air conditioner blew on hubby's truck, Dog got ill and had to throw away all the rugs in the bathroom (no saving them), Got attacked in the shower by a huge wolf spider (now that is a funny story) and I feel like I am coming down sick. Wow I am tired lol. Had some fruit I was going to can but with everything going on I did not get to it and I think it is past its prime now. Oh well life happens and sometimes you just go with the flow. Hope you ladies are having a better week.

Save me a seat and a cup of tea I am going to need it.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Marla...some weeks are like that aren't they??? The wolf-spider story has potential to be hilarious and
darn right creepy too. LOL It does sound like you have had a challenging week. Mine was that way
last week. Thanks for sharing the Load Farmgirl! LOL I don't know why Misery Loves Company...but
I think it makes us feel better to know that we don't go through it alone. Everybody has "stuff"
to deal with. "Life Happens" is right...and it's usually flying at you out of left field and
if you know what's good for you...you better duck! LOL

I'll join you on the Porch Swing for a cup of tea and we can commiserate together! Hope the rest of
your week goes better!

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Ruth you can see the bag on my blog. www.bunnyrose.typepad.com. Look at the catagories on the right column and click on 52 weeks of Accuquilt. Scroll down to almost the beginning and you will see them. They are called Bali Bags. The pattern is by Aunties Two. I have been quilting for years and hate to make the same thing twice. These bags are so calming for me to make.. lots of repetition. I have been selling them in my shop for $120.00. The bowls I make.. I have actually had ladies beg me to sell one to them. Oh darn! It is not difficult but as I have seen in my classes... they don't always come out the way you think. But everyone loves the end result anyway.
I woke up with a massive headache this morning. My jaw is sore so I must have been clenching my teeth all night. The stress is building for the next 60 days. I wish it would just be over. I wish this company I want to work for would just call me and hire me. It is Accuquilt. They put a call out on facebook for demonstrators and teachers. They want 2 people per state. I told them I could do California if I could make a living wage. Otherwise I could do northern Oregon and southern Washington. It would be a job right up my alley. I even told them they could put me on a plane and send me anywhere to teach.. I don't care. I just want to support myself. We will see!
I have to tell all you ladies something. I just came on this forum and I know we really don't know each other very well. But being able to come here and just [bleep] sometimes really helps. I can't do it in my shop and it is hard for friends to hear you are hurting and struggling. This is a safe place to get my fears and stresses off my chest. I hope you all understand and don't think badly of me.. the last two years have been so scary and hard on me. The next 60 days are going to be the big bang in all this waiting and stress. I need you guys.. even if I never meet you, Just having an acknowleged group that lets me vent if nothing else.. will be a big part in getting me through this. So please forgive me if every day sounds like I'm complaining or going on about my personal crap... I will get through this and it will be good.
Thank you all for caring for a person that truly appreciates you.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Funny Farmgirl bleeped my little word.. rhymes with itching.....

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Hope I am not too late to join in sittin' on the porch. I have some iced tea to share, called Indian Summer roobois. It has rhubarb in it too. It has a very unique perfumy scent to it :)

Edited by - amyartgirl on Sep 01 2010 11:58:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy! Your tea sounds pretty yummy.

Bunny, no problem, no sweat, we're glad to be here for you. I'm sure we'll all take turns. Have you considered seeing if there are any volunteer or service organizations in your area that could help you with sorting and packing? If I could, I'd come and help you.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  2:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness! I hope everyone is doing better this afternoon. I am completely exhausted! I didn't get one hour of sleep last night.Mark was gone and I just couldn't fall to sleep so when he came home this morning, I was there to great him with some "dinner". Thank goodness he doesn't do that too often. The horrible thing is that I had to do an evaluation and a 29 page report on a woman who isn't ever getting her kids back from child services. Blech! Luckily I have and hour and a half till I get home and can crash. I'm pretty loopy right now. So if I'm not making sense-I'm sorry-LOL! The job I work at, if I don't work, I don't get paid so I had to come in. Oh well! not too much longer.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  4:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Bunny don't you worry hun. We are always here to lean on. We have good times and bad. We share both, the tears and the laughs.

Peggy thank you for understanding. I have to laugh or I will cry sometimes.

Speaking of laughs, here is the spider story. Go potty first ladies I don't want any accidents with you all laughing at me.
I went to take my shower yesterday morning. I had taken my son to school and I was alone in the house (thank goodness). I reach in the shower and turn the water on to warm up. Few min later I open the shower curtain, get in and close the curtain. I get into the water, wet myself down all with my eyes closed. I wipe my hair from my eyes turn twords the curtain and open my eyes. There just inches from my nose was a big hairy wolf spider the size of a silver dollar on the inside of the shower curtain. Now mind you my shower is the size of a postage stamp and I am deathly afraid of spiders. There is no where to go and its just me and him. I freeze. Can't knock him off. Then he would be on the floor with me, Oh No not happening! And I had nothing in there to hit him with. So slowly I reach out, slowly push the curtain aside praying that he would not jump. I jump out of the shower, grabing a robe I run through the house to get a fly swatter from the kitchen. I come back and then I have to figure out how to get him. I am not getting back in. So I try to move the curtain slowly to find the spider. No Luck. So I figure if I hit the outside I will knock it off and into the running water in the shower. I smack the curtain and up over the rod and curtain comes flying this spider all pissed off. Now its on the outside waving its arms at me. I look at him and think "No Way!" I hold that swatter like a baseball bat and swing for all I am worth. Me 1 Spider 0! I was so proud of myself. I picked him up with the swatter and left him on a piece of tissue all day till hubby got home so he could see. I figure the cat should not be the only one to bring home trophies.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  4:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Marla, you crack me up. I save drowning spiders all the time. Now if it was a mouse...so not to steal your thunder..I'll save that story for another day. Glad you were able to save yourself from being eaten.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  5:41:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Marla- Your spider story cracks me up! Too funny! My youngest DD (15 y.o.) is terrified of spiders. She just started a housecleaning job. Her first day cleaning she was finishing the kitchen and pleased with how nice it looked when she saw a (in her words) HUGE spider dangling over the sink. She really wants this housecleaning job and she figured that if she left the spider they might not think that she was thorough with her cleaning. She stared at the spider, willing it to disappear, but it didn't. She finally dug up courage that I didn't know she had and squashed that spider with some paper towels. She was very prod of herself! She couldn't wait to tell me about her spider adventure when I picked her up.

Bunny- We all need each other. I am glad that God blessed you with this group of women to be here for you during your time of need. That job sounds perfect for you. Prayers.

Peggy- Thank you for always having an encouraging word for us! What are you teaching your Bible study group tomorrow evening? If I were in your area I would love to come to your group!The combo of zucchini and carrots for a quick bread sounds very tasty. Let us know how it turns out when you make a loaf of it later.

Angela- I hope your wee one is better soon. It hurts to see them hurting, especially when they don't have the language to tell us what is going on.

Cherime- What are you doing in your remodel? I am a bookworm too. I am reading Animal, Vagetable, Miracle now. When I finish that I will go for something light like one of the Mitford series books. I am thinking about readng The Hunger Gaames this fall. I am also going to re-read A Shephard's Look at the 23rd Psalm for a sermon this fall.

Staci- I thank God everyday that there is a new day. I also don't like to cook if the kitchen is a mess.

Janet- Glad your DD's surgery went well. How old are the 5 grandkids that are staying with you while she recouperates? I have 3 GKs- an almost 3 year old GD, a 9 month GS, and an almost 5 month GD.

Tammy- Have a good day at school tomorrow with your butterflies. Thank you for bringing brownies! I am so glad that virtual brownies have no calories!

Amy- Thank you for the tea!

I have been busy enjoying my vacation! I spent Monday volunteering at a thrift store that I oversee. The store's mission is to offer high quality clothing and household products at an affordable price while raising moeny to support a mission outreach to Guatemala. Monday evening I babysat the 5 month GD for her parent's wedding anniversary. Tuesday I did some more canning and dehydrating. I used Angela's cantalope candy recipe. I also started strippng a lovely oak library desk that I got for $10 at a garage sale. It is going to be lovely!

This morning drove 4 hours to my hometown. I worked in the garden I have at my mother's house here and now I am staying with my grandmother-in-law for a few days so that my mother-in-law can have a few days away to rest. My grandmother-in-law is 94 years old and needs total care. I will be taking care of her and loving on her until Friday. I got to have dinner with my 18 y.o. DS who is up here working on my brother's dairy farm until he leaves for Navy basic training in February. I miss him so much!

I have 2 vegetable gardens- one in my city back yard and one at my mother's house, 4 hours away from my home. At my country garden I harvested 25 pounds of potatoes, 6 huge heads of broccoli, a dozen carrots, some summer squashes and Swiss chard this afternoon. I still have 4 hills of potatoes to harvest before I go back to my city garden. The winter squashes are doing wonderfully! There should be an abundant harvest. There are acorn, butternut, casala, delicata and something that I can't identify.

Oh my, this is a long post. I wonder how the dial-up service will handle posting it?

Because we are having a heat wave here I brought some cantalope smoothies to the porch this evening.

Blessings!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  7:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, ladies.
Tammy - you sound like you make your little butterflies so happy and inspire them so much.
Bunny - We are glad to share this journey with you. We all go through things in life and thanks be to God that it is not the same thing at the same time. For such a time as this, we will help you in any way that we can. I hope that you are able to relax and not get so stressed that you become ill. It is easier said than done, I know!
Lida - We have custody of three of these kids so we are starting over and their ages are 3, 6 and 7. The two that are my daughter's are 5 and 6, will be 7 this month. My daughter also has a 3 month old. Thankfully, her husband assumed that role. She gets very upset if Mama is not close by and will hardly let me hold her even. She wouldn't even let her Daddy much until recently. So, needless to say we have some real work going on here but lots of fun, too. The two went home this morning. This morning I was woke up around 5 with the one in my bed saying hush every time the rooster crowed.
Marla - your story was hilarious!
Cherime - I would love to hear about your remodel too. We are slowly but surely remodeling two houses. They may take the rest of our life as most remodeling has came to a screeching halt after acquired the kids. I hate to adjust and that took a while. I am just not as young anymore!
Peggy - I hope your Bible study goes great tomorrow. You are such an inspiration to me!
Amy - Thanks for tea.
I guess I better go and sit down with my NEW MJF magazine!!! And get me a little R & R before bedtime.
I will talk to yall later.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  7:42:12 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you read the Heavenly Daze books. They are by Lori Copeland and Angela Hunt. You have to start with the first book and read them in order.. wonderful stories! Thank you for all your kind words. I'm glad I found this place.
Lida, Sounds like your garden is wonderful!
Pam, sounds like your job is a difficult one.
Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  8:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
Yall have been busy little bees today. I just wanted to pop in and say even though it is late. But I have been miss yall so much lately. I was bummed today. One of my fish at school died. After a week. seems my little pet keeper was feeding way too much. But the funny thing was one little butterfly said, Mrs. Schroeder, fish float up when they are dead. I said well this one obviously didn't read the rules before he died. She said well there always has to be one who walks a different way. So as you can guess I will be fish shopping this weekend. Apparentely Sunshine the other fish will be too lonely. LEt us hope she didn't overfeed him today or we will be walking this road again. I just love how the Lord uses ordinary things to make a beautiful lesson.

Well that is my latest school story. I brought tea tonight. Sorry no goodies to eat but tea for you and lots of hugs. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  8:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Whoo, the porch was busy tonight! I had a pretty easy, but busy day! I didn't start school until 9:50, which was nice to sleep in. Then I had lunch with my "big sister", but it wasn't really that great:( She didn't really talk to me, so I wasn't able to be my bubbly, outgoing self. Then after school, while waiting for my dad to pick me up, I was able to finish my homework! Which was good, because today I had a rugby scrimmage against a college team! The newbies only played for a little bit, but it was hard work! It's crazy how in shape you get from playing!
I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  12:19:03 AM  Show Profile
[:)]Good Evening Porchies...Oh, it is so good to see so many on the Porch tonight. It is so cozy to share the rockers, the glider, the porch swings, the steps and then just sit and listen to all the stories, the cares and concerns, the hopes and dreams and just the day to day living and share our life experiences with each other. What Friends we have become. It really is wonderful! Isn't it??

Bunny...we all know each other from MJF, we all lead differing
lives, but we all have a heart for the same sort of living, and we all
need the same Safe Place to come and share,vent,laugh,cry and find encouragement; The Porch is all that and much more! ~ I have read all the Heavenly Daze Books and found them quite charming and funny. They are a great Read Recommendation! ~ I went on your website tonight and you make me want to learn how to quilt. I think my favorite were the Pumpkins. Adorable! And that bag on the end that you rolled over and the gal used for her yarn! Fabulous! Where do you get the pattern for that? I would love to learn to make those. ~ Also, I will be praying that the Company you contacted about employment will contact you. That sounds absolutely perfect for you!
Amy...That Indian Summer Roobio Tea Sounds yummy. I buy an African Red Roobio from Barnes and Noble that I love. Where do you buy this summer blend?
Staci...Good suggestion for Bunny for getting some help to pack up and stuff. I am with you...if I lived closer I would help in a heart beat. I have moved so many times in my life...I think I could pack with my eyes closed and standing on my head. LOL Wouldn't be pretty but I could do it!
Pam...so sorry that you didn't get any sleep, then had to go to work and deal with a difficult case...it must look all the more hopeless and depressing when you are dealing with difficult circumstances and difficult people with sleep deprivation. Hope you get caught up tonight. I saw the coolest Journal/Diary tonight at Barnes and Noble and I thought of you. It is called "Our Country Diary" for 2011 and it is a Botanical/Garden Journal that goes by the days of the week. It is so cool. It was $19.95 It would be perfect for that Journaling you were talking about. But knowing my Creative Artist Wonder...you will make one for yourself and it will be all the more FABULOUS! because you created it.
Marla...I knew that Spider Story was going to be good!
I laughed my head off! I am not afraid of spiders at all (I find them fascinating) but all 3 of my boys and my husband are afraid of them...so I could appreciate your feelings. I'm with Lida...if it was a mouse, rat, or any kind of rodent...I would have been going ballistic! In the city of Portland, they have trouble with Rats and it gets so bad sometimes its down right creepy...like a horror movie. My MIL one day had one come up from the sewer pipes into her toilet. How would you like to go in to use the bathroom and find a big old RAT starring back at you. OOooooh, grosses me out just thinking about that.
Lida...Oh, I would love to have you at my Bible Study! I have taught Beth Moore Studies for the past 7 years but this year I am going to use the Book...Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
I also have taught many years just out of a particular Book of the Bible. But I found when I teach that way...I am doing all the work and my Bible Study Group isn't doing any. And I want to always keep women digging into the Word themselves...finding out God's truth with their own two eyes. So, that works best if I use a Formatted Book where they have to prepare in advance at least half as much as I do. I add a lot of Life Experience, a lot of Spiritual Knowledge and deeper Bible Knowledge to each Lesson. My whole Life Ministry is to keep Women In The Word...and if I do all the work...it defeats the purpose.
So, we start tomorrow night and I am very excited for a new year!
Janet...how did I miss the fact that you have custody of 3 of your grandchildren? Some how I just thought they lived close to you and were always over visiting. Boy, talk about Fibro-fog...I really do live in it! Wow that is a handful girlfriend. I can't imagine raising my grandkids at my age. Barbara Johnson is famous for saying
"You know why we don't have kids after age fifty don't you? Because we would put them down somewhere and forget where we left them!" That would be me! LOL
Teacher Tammy...oh, one of your butterflies over fed the fish.
Poor fish! Did you guys do a burial for it? I made the mistake with my first Son...when his fish died...of taking the bowl into the bathroom and flushing the fish down the toilet! Big Mistake! HUGE! My son stood there screaming bloody-murder and I felt like a serial killer. I remember thinking..."well, isn't that what you're suppose to do with dead fish???" I guess NOT!
Megan...how disappointing that your "Big Sister" was a "Big-O" in the friendliness factor. I remember mine was that way too when I started High School. I wanted friendly and bubbly and got someone really shy and timid. I figured that she probably felt worse than I did when all was said and done. So I ended up feeling bad for her!

Well my beloved Porchies...I am going to go make me a cup of African Red Roobio...if anyone wants to try a cup, I'll bring a couple of tea pots back to the Porch!

Sweet Dreams,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 02 2010 10:01:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  07:31:21 AM  Show Profile
I have read one of the Heavenly Daze books. Loved it. As for the remodel, it is the older cabin part of the house. God does work in ways that seem awfully convoluted to us. The house is a duplex with the older part having it's own entrance and heat. No water, the floor was made of 30 year old plywood which was lousy when we bought it(one friend went through the floor) but it was the only game in town, and Alaska is a small town. The stairs to the second floor was more of a wooden ladder, 12 inches between the treads. But my DH would not listen to anything about finishing stuff before adding on, he wanted his girls to come up here and wanted room for them. He put on a third floor which is only accessed from my part of the house. No sheet rock,and the place needed beefing up badly. My son had a go round with his wife of less than a year and she had bad credit so they bought the house on his VA. Come to find out all she wanted was the house and told him she wanted him to leave and sign over the house as she would get it in a divorce anyway. Not so, Alaska is not a community property state and she was not happy to find that out. But she made more money and even with a second job he was falling behind. So move into the old cabin was the plan after fixing up the place and rent his house so that he would not lose it. I wanted to do that anyway so when I get on Social Sec. I could rent it and have enough to live on. But sons friends, were living in a car. A couple where she is only getting $600 per month + food stamps, fighting cancer, and he is out of work. They came out to the valley and were staying with my son and helping with the work. My son had two other friends ask to rent rooms when we were partly through with the heavy stuff so now son does not have to move out of his place and now I can let that couple live here in exchange for helping fix up the place. Through the fixing the guy got a part time job. Some saga.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  08:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so glad you liked my blog. I'm getting worried I'll run out of ideas. I have so much going on I still have to post a new project every week. I've decided to just post the project and not the whole tutorial for a while. At least after the end of September. There is a link on my blog to the website if you want to check out the pattern. Everything else is my own pattern. I'm hoping to get the directions written up and a goo design for my patterns. I only need a good camera for the pictures. Mine was stolen from my shop and I'm using my iphone. The colors are unpredictable at best.
Sounds like this is a busy busy group. Cherime, sounds like things are tough in Alaska big time. I can relate. Hope everything works out for everyone. I know a few other people living there and teaming up with lots of roommates seems to be the only way to get by.
Marla, I should loan you my Moe Moe..he is a major mouser/rat cat. I had to listen to him crunch away at one last night. He eats very well here at my house in the forest. I worry about moving him to the city. (The Dalles) is the city to me anyway. My other 3 cats just see them as toys. But Moe Moe sees them as food! Funny thing is he is the smallest little scrapper out of the lot.
Tammy, my dad use to have us plant the fish in the garden with a seed of some kind. He told us it was how the pilgrims learned to do it from the Indians. It helped the corn grow. When we ran out of fish.. we used hot dogs.. My dad was a character.
Anyway, off to work. Lots to do for the labor day weekend. Hopefully making money is in the plans!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page