Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  8:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Janet, Rabbit Creek is a tiny bit south of Anchorage, maybe 5 miles. A suburb of Anch now. I live about 30 miles to the north east of Anch in Wasilla. I work in Anch. Ride a share-a-ride van Mon through Thurs. Right now I go to a non-denom. church called Church On The Rock.
My Gramps was really good with the ladies. He understood women. I have not been in NOLA for years. One of these days I will have to make a trip back.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  8:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Time for bed! The long weekend was nice, but it's time to go back to the real world:(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  10:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Theresa...we did pray for you about that job and I am so glad that you God it!
How exiting for you! Congratulations! Well...I am glad that you get on
here and read the posts but let us hear from you a little more often. We
want to know how you are doing too. Like this whole job thing is answer
to prayer and we can Rejoice and be Happy with you!

Tammy...how did the kids do at the Fair? I bet you are tired! I am sure your lil butterflies
will be happy whenever Sunshine gets a new friend!

We had a very uneventful day even though it was our 25th Wedding Anniv. My hubby worked for
about four hours at his job then we went to our usual Barnes and Noble hang-out and met our
youngest son and his girlfriend there. They had been busy moving all week. They were tired!

I worked on Mail-Art today and getting some stuff ready for my S.S. and sending off a Swap
Pincushion...so, I was busy too. I am ready to crawl in to bed and call it a day. I will
be all messed up this week because tomorrow will feel like Monday all day instead of Tues. LOL

Our kids in this area start back to school tomorrow. It was pretty quiet around here tonight,
all the neighborhood kids must have had to go to bed early for the big day.

Meet you all back here tomorrow. Hugs, Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  04:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All,
Today is the last day of my vacation. I am babysitting my 5 month old DGD for most of it. She is sleeping upstairs and should be waking soon. I am going to take her for a hike through an old growth forest that I just found out we have here! There are only 2 old growth forests left in NYS and this one is only 15 minutes from my house.

I am sorry I missed the sleepover! To make up for that I have made a special pot of Guatemalan Fair Trade coffee. It is the last of the coffee I bought on my last trip to Guatemala in 2009. I am going back this November so we will have lots of Guatemalan coffee on the porch!

Yesterday was DGD's 3rd birthday. She spent it in Ohio with her daddy's family. They drove back to NYS last evening. They made a stop for her to use the bathroom at a gas station and she told everyone at the gas station that it was her birthday and she is 3! I guess no one can resist a happy 3 year old because everyone in the gas station joined in singing happy birthday to her, even the state trooper who was there! How sweet!

Theresa- Halleluiah about your new job! What will you be doing?

Peggy- Happy anniversary! We are in our 27th year, May will be 28 years. We grew up together and have known each other since kindergarten and started dating in highschool. We got married 7 years after our first date. A lot of growing up has gone on over all of these years.

Tammy- Hope that Sunshine enjoyed his/er long weekend and didn;t get too lonely with his/er fishine partner being goan and the buterflies away for 3 days.

Janet- I also love the comments and observations that 3 year olds make. I taught toddlers at church for years and they could always be counted on for laughter and tears. They give the best hugs! Thank you for the FQ coffee- very tasty!

Megan & Channah- How goes school? Today is the first day of 10th grade homeschool for our daughter. We are trying to get her into an algebra class at the local community college, but the school is not being too cooperative. She would be taking the class with her 21 y.o. sister who would help her if she needs extra help; even though she is my daughter I think she will do okay with the class because she is good at math (I am not).

Bunny- So glad that you had a relaxing evening with your son. Also, glad that he helped clear off the porch for your sale- what a good boy!

Gotta run and check the sleeping baby and get DD up for school.

Peace,
Lida

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  06:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I can hear the raining falling this morning and it's a wonderful sound. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful weekend and are rejuvenated to start a new week. I'm so excited about fall coming up. I love the crisp weather. Hope everyone has a great day!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  08:02:11 AM  Show Profile
Looks like everyone had an eventful weekend. I played hookie from work on Monday. My sales so far had been good and I figure family is most important so I spend Monday just hanging out with my son. It was relaxing and nice to not have to be anywhere. I tried not to feel too guilty about not opening the store. I'm sure I'll get some complaints but... I'll never regret spending the time with my family.
Theresa, I'm so glad you got the job! It must make you feel wonderful!

Megan, I know divorce is really lousy to deal with. But I have been through it myself. There isn't anything great about it. Having good friends and keeping a relationship with both parents is important. You know you can always come to the porch if you need to vent or just some loving support.

Peggy, I can't wait to have the time to get involved with some of the cool swaps in MJfarm. With my shop I always felt everything I did had to make money and be for the shop. It will be nice to just sew and create for fun. I have so many things I want to do. Congrats on the anniversary. Hope there are many more.

Anyway, lots of work this week. I have a shop hop on Friday. Pray we get lots of shoppers and not just lookie loos. I had ladies last year tell me they weren't buying any thing because of the economy. I asked them if they knew what the economy was.. they didn't.. I told them.. it is you! The economy is all of us buying or not buying. I don't think they got it. But looking forward to Friday anyway.

See you later!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile
It is raining here too which is killing my Fibro. but I have so many fibro flares lately that I had to
force myself out of bed and get up to the Laundry Room before others beat me to it. I hate doing Laundry
in an Apartment Complex. We have only 3 washers and 3 dryers for 28 units and half the time one or more
machine is broke down. So, I was able to throw 2 loads in...have two more to go. Went out to dump the
trash in our huge trash compacter and it was overflowing...so everyone has to just stack their trash bags
up in a heap. Then when the garbage collector comes he'll only take what is in the compacter and will leave
all the heaped up bags for us to throw in the now empty compactor. So, we start the new week with it full.
GGGGrrrrrrrrr! Can you tell that I get grumpy when I am in pain? And it is always those kind of things that set me off (stuff I have absolutely no control over but to whine). And I hate to whine! So then I whine at myself about whining! Why agitation comes with pain is beyond me...but it does. Maybe Darlene and Lida can tell me why.

Well, back up to move my clothes over and start those last two loads. More later...but only if I can come
back in a happier mood. If not...you'll see me tomorrow. I have had one cup of coffee but I would love another
one Lida. I think coffee is going to keep me moving today. Enjoy your grand-daughter!

Ol'Grumpy Grump,
~peggy

Lady In Red
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  08:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there Peggy. It will be better tomorrow. I actually love the rain. I wish it would rain here. At least it won't be hot today. I always hated living in an apartment for all the same reasons you state. Garbage men are the worst! I have the worlds best garbage man and I'll miss him when I go. He takes everything! I leave him cookies and gatoraid when I can. He is such a sweetie pie.
Maybe a nice bath will help. It always helps me. But sometimes you just have to get it out of your system. So go ahead and be grumpy. I bet tomorrow you'll be back to your old self.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  09:30:21 AM  Show Profile
It has been raining here in the Mat-Su valley all summer thankfully with short brakes now and again so that I don't live in a mud puddle. It cleared up just enough yesterday for my DD and I to make a short sortie to the fair. It always amazes the how creative people are. Saw some really gorgeous stuff yesterday. Also may have some donations for the silent auction fundraiser that we are doing in Oct. Dual purpose visit yesterday.
Peggy I will continue to pray that the miserable stuff leaves you alone.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  12:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Awww, snap, I missed the sleepover....
Well, it's been good to read back and see what everyone's been up to over the long weekend.
Theresa - so happy to hear your good news! Congratulations!!
Peggy - I hope you'll get to feeling better this afternoon. I'd take your pain (and the rain) if I could, it's been extremely dry here for weeks. Praying for your comfort and relief. And congrats on 25 years!!
Bunny - I hope your sales go really well as you prepare to move and am glad you got to spend some time with your son(s).
Darlene - I admire your tenacity. Even though you may think you aren't strong - you are! You're also kind, caring and a very special lady.

Well, I should get moving. We're going out with my family to celebrate my grandmother's 95th birthday. She's an incredible woman. Gentle yet sassy, warm and wise, spunky, determined - all the things I hope to be one day. I'll bring some cake and ice cream back to the porch tonight.
Blessings to you all for a good week!

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 07 2010 12:06:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  3:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies. I am having a bad afternoon. I am feeling depressed this afternoon. Defeated and sorry for myself. I just feel like I am spinning in circles with life. I need some cheering up.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  3:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Pam, put on your most favorite music and see if that doesn't help a little. When I'm really down in the dumps I put on music I can't help dancing to. I wish I was there with some chocolate to help you along.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  5:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Bunny and Peggy, thanks so much for your caring words!
Lida, school is amazing! I love all my classes and my teachers, and I'm having a really good time! I hope your daughter gets into that math class! I completely understand the whole school not cooperating thing!
So at rugby we upped our running, but I think I did pretty well. I should start working out on the weekends! Off to homework!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  7:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
I thought I would bring a pot of hot chocolate mint tea. It is cool here today and seems many of you are in rain.

Peggy~hope your fibro is better.

Pam~Praying for you. I know that somedays are just hard. But hang in there girl.

Megan~Glad you had a great day

Bunny~I quilt and love shop hops. If I were closer I would be in your store.

It was a busy day with the little butterflies. They were disappointed I didn't bring a new friend for Sunshine. But understood sometimes we have to wait. I am tired.

I am excited this week to be starting my fall bible study with my girlfriends. We are doing Beth Moore's study on the fruits of the spirit. I just did her Esther study this summer and just had an amazing journey. so looking forward to this study.

Well I best call it a night. 5:45 comes early and I was spoiled with three days off and getting to sleep a bit longer.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  9:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I loved her book on John. Passed it along so that others could enjoy it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  12:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I have taught all of Beth Moore's Studies...but not like most Church's do. They kind of do the
Speed Reading Version...but I take one book and 9 months at a time on each one. We did Esther last
Fall. That was amazing! But I have loved each and every one of them. I am not sure what she is teaching this year herself because I am doing a break from her for this year and maybe next...but then I will go back and pick up where we left off...and continue with her studies. She is really in-depth and that is what I love about her.

Pam...I am so sorry you are down and depressed girlfriend! As you probably read earlier I wasn't having such a hot day either. I am better tonight...hope you are doing better too. But if you aren't email me and let's talk!

I had a Fabulous Farm Girl Mail Day...so who can stay down when that happens! I got a Swap Box for Halloween that was amazing, A Recipe Swap for Pies (that sound yummy!) and a picture of the Farmgirl, and then I got my September Mail-Art. Wow...I love to go the the Mail-box and find good stuff in there instead of bills.

I think I need to go find Darlene again too. She has been missing for awhile and Angela must be up to her arm-pits in fruits and vegetables because she hasn't been on here much either.

Love You All...More Tomorrow,
Peg

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  02:14:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All of My Porch Sisters,
Rain in Alaska, rain in Portland, dry here. It rained a bit last night, but it is dry again. I noticed the soil in the front yard is cracked under the browining grass.

Peggy- You asked a hard question and I am deeply pondering and searching scripture for the connection bewteen pain and our emotions. I have pondered this before as I watched a dear friend go through painful cancer treatments and maintain a sweet, generous and upbeat attitude. Peggy, you show us that optimism persists even through difficult times, but there was something different about how my friend was smiling while puking and giving hugs while in deep pain. So, I am pondering.

Tammy- Thank you for the chocolate mint tea! It is delicious! Have a good day with your butterflies. Do you lead the Bible study with your group of friends? I am going to be leading the women's Bible study at our church this fall. We will be delving in to Mary and Martha.

Megan- Did you get your homework done? How far does your rugby coach want the team to be running? DD (DD#4) and I spent 3 hours at the campus yesterday and met very kind and helpful school staff handling hundreds on inquiries from the students on the first day of classes. DD had to take a math placement test to determine her math placement. She did very well! She doesn't have to take any of the non-credit remedial algebra classes and can jump right into college algebra as a sophomore in high school. Hopefully one of her older sisters will be able to get into the same class as she so they can help each other and ride together. Somehow her sister (DD#3), graduated from the university with a BS in English, but not the right math requirements for the grad school she wants to attend, so she has to take a math class. Their first night of classes is tonight.

Bunny- The shop hop sounds fun. Does each stop along the hop provide refreshemnts? There is a thrift store shop hop here that is built around the idea of a progressive dinner.

Staci- Your grandmother shounds wonderful! What a legacy of character she is leaving! How was her celebration?

Pam- Music, chocolate, hugs and prayers. Listening ears to, if need be!

Well, my vacation was wonderful, but good things sometimes come to an end, so today is back to work. I love my job and believe that I have the best job in the world, but I really enjoy being home with my family. I didn't accomplish everything on my to do list, but that is okay. I made dents in many things that needed to be done, spent time with family, got in some kayaking, hiking and bicycling, and did some gardening, food preserving and reading. All is well.

Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  08:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Staci, that is wonderful you get to enjoy your Grandmother for so long. My Grandmother lived to 94 but was very unhappy and mean as she got older. I think she was angry that she had survived everyone and was feeling left behind. We would go see her but she would want us to leave after about 20 minutes. It was hard. So enjoy every minute. I hope I'm a sassy and gentle grandma at that age.

Pam, I hope you are feeling better today. Something I have learned through years of depression among other things.. is sometimes it's ok to just feel bad. Just do what ever you need to get through the day because tomorrow will be better. Besides, chocolate and happy music help. I have a play list on my ipod called "happy music" for just that purpose.

Peggy, I hope your body is treating you better today. It looks like rain here and I'm loving it. It doesn't hurt me much. I dress warm and always take a bath before bed on days like this. I'm so going to miss my big bathtub!

Lida, We do have food. I am always voted the best food on the shop hop. But this year money is tight so it will be pretty boring. In past years I have had my friends that own the restaurant across the street make chicken marsala and rice for everyone. After 3 days though, I'm sick of it. This year will be fruit and cold sandwiches. I think a thrift store shop hop sounds really cool! I"m going to be on the lookout for sweaters made from natural fibers in thrift stores for a while. I have some recycling clothing ideas. It will be fun to go on the hunt.

Well, today I'm off to town as we up here in the hills say. Sonora is about 45 minutes away and is where we do our grocery shopping. I'm picking up my sewing machine from being serviced. How I have missed it! It is where I purchased it and the shop owner is servicing it and another machine I have for free as a goodbye present. I have been teaching quilting classes at her shop and I'll miss her.
I hope everyone has a good day! Later for now.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  09:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...It is raining here again today but tomorrow we start heading back to some nicer weather. (Lord willing)...that will make my pain more tolerable. People ask me all the time what Fibro pain is like on a daily basis (not the Flares from weather changes etc). Just on a day to day basis it is like having all those nasty muscle aches and pains you get with the flu. Or the Fibromyalgia Aware Clinic at OHSU here in Portland tells people (so they can experience what we endure everyday) to take 10 clothespins and put them on each of your fingers (from side to side) and see if you can keep them there for half an hour. I have never seen anyone keep them on longer than 5 minutes. That is what our body goes through 24/7 every day of the week. But I have to admit that I have learned that the human body can learn to endure great levels of pain. I give God the credit for that as He helps our mind to re-focus in order to distract us from our suffering. He is Awesome!

Lida... are you going to be teaching "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World"? That is what I am teaching this Fall. We had our first study last Thurs. and it was a fabulous discussion...we all learned a lot... including this Teacher. Thanks for the comment on my new blog site...I left a response to it there.

Tammy...enjoy your butterflies today. I miss being around children...(I don't even get enough of my grand-kids). I see God in children so clearly...more than in any other human-being. They delight my soul. And to me there is no better symphony than the music of a child's laughter.

Pam...Sending Mom hugs to you today. I would like to wrap my arms around you and let you just have a good long cry and let it all out. Crying is good because it washes all the "Yuckiness" out of the heart, mind and weary/troubled soul.~ I would send you some chocolate too if I had any but I ate it all! LOL It sounds like you are at that stage in your life where maybe you need to re-invent yourself. I hit that right around 40 yrs. old. We all go through it from time to time. There is a really good book called The Worn Out Woman by by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray. I highly recommend this book. I have read it and highlighted so much in it...it looked like one big yellow marker by the time I was finished. I know you can get it at the Library or any local Book Store or even order on-line from Amazon. It is around $14.00 (affordable). Check it out...I promise you that you will think he wrote it just for YOU (every woman does!).

Staci...that is so cool that your Grandmother is such a wonderful woman. Not all are you know...you are very blessed. And how fabulous that she has seen so much of life. I bet she has amazing stories to share with her children, grand-children and great grandchildren. Everybody has a story but older people have more!

Well, I am going back to bed for awhile. I merely got up to take my dog out to do her business...and then a cup of Autumn Roast coffee sounded good and then I thought, well...while I drink this I'll check in on My Porchies.

Have a Wonderful Day Girls! And Even if it is "Raining On Your Parade" today...let the Sonshine rule your Heart!

Blessings,
~peg

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 08 2010 09:19:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  09:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies. Your prayers and good thoughts helped a lot. Sometimes life doesn't go as it should and it gets me down. I just need to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep going.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  09:35:18 AM  Show Profile
Pam...that is the beautiful thing...you don't have to go it alone. We are all here for you!

Love You,
~Peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  3:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-Hope you're feeling at least a little better, I couldn't imagine what you go thru and still manage to be so productive!

Marla- your wolf spider story cracked me up, great visual

Pam- I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling blue. Just try to focus on all the blessings of your life. It's amazing how much we really do have when we start focusing on the good stuff. (Although some days it's hard to do). Otherwise, eating chocolate and getting some fresh air always helps

Megan- School sounds like so much fun! If I'm reading correctly, I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles your parents are having. Mine struggled thru 30 years of marriage before separating. I've always looked at their mistakes as an example of how not to be in a marriage. It seems to have served me well thus far. Not to say that I don't have my issues from it, but communication really is HUGE and seems to be something my parents were never really good at.

Still working on catching up with everyone, I've still got this major itch to get rid of stuff I'm holding on to for no reason...just started to tackle the garage today (That is going to take weeks!) Sophia is loving pre-school. Although when I pick her up, her friend looks at me like I just killed a puppy or something...she's not too happy that I'm taking Sophia away.
I wish we would get a little rain here, but it's nice to have some clouds and cooler weather

Talk to ya ladies soon!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Sep 08 2010 3:27:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
How are you tonight? I pray you each had a great day.

Peggy~I love the in depth of Beth Moore too. I have done several other bible studies as well. I just love being in the word and getting it up to my heart. HOpe your fibro is better.

Pam~been keeping you in prayer. Hang in there sweetie.

Lida~I am not leading the bible study and that is ok with me. But I sure enjoy the company of the ladies and sharing our sweet Jesus with each other.

Angela~are you busy with the veggies and fruits? Haven't heard from you in few days just wondering.

It was a cooler day here but beautiful weather. Fall is just around the corner. I love the changing colors and the curling up with a blanket and reading a good book.

The butterflies were good today. They are good class overall. I am thankful for that.

Well my dears, it is time to have evening tea and bath. I pray you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Pam, that sounds terrible what your body goes through. I cannot even imagine that.
Dana, you are reading right. It's still in the process, and I think that everyone will be better off when it's all done and over with.
Wow, it seems like it should be the weekend already! I'm loving school, though! We had our first test today, and I think I aced it. I have finally found my right crowd of people. Sending rain vibes to anyone who needs it!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  06:19:40 AM  Show Profile
I finally burned out with the remodeling and am not doing anything with it after work. Too tired.

Pam remember the verse from Peter's letters, "cast your cares on him for he cares for you"? I know that is easy to say and hard to do. I must keep reminding myself of that one all the time.
Especially this week which has been a real bear.

Walking this am, it was really foggy. All the leaves are beginning to turn yellow and fall is here. I can always tell as it gets real cool at the desk here in the am on my legs. One of these summers I must hunt down that draft.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page