Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Who is interested in Farmgirls on the Loose tour??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Who is interested in Farmgirls on the Loose tour?? Next Topic  

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,

Is anyone interested in the Farmgirls on the Loose tour of Laura Ingalls Wilder Museums & Homesites??

Please read the posts on chapter chatter and let me know your opinions about the tour.
Also, if anyone is joining the entire tour or one day or more.

All group numbers should be availble by May 1st so group reservations can be made at each site.
There will be "giving projects" in each small town and we need a person to be in charge of the contacts.
A creative person is needed to command our "Keeping it Green" statice.
If we weigh our recyclables we have a goal to promote.

Come join the fun & adventure meeting sisters from across the miles.

The tour begins in De Smet, SD and ends in Mansfield, MO. Our final stop is Baker Creek Seed Company in Mansfield, MO.

www.farmgirlsontheloose.blogspot.com New entry on blog. Earning badges on the road trip.
WENDE#660

You know your a Farm Girl when...

Edited by - Wende on Feb 08 2010 09:17:54 AM

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile
There has been a question concerning children joinig the tour since it is Laura Ingalls Wilder and many of them have read the books. I would vote yes. As long as they are behaved. Events and activities can be planned just for the kids. Scavenger hunts , nature hikes etc can be found.
They can also camp near one another. Children make camping fun. They have a different perspective on things.

Opinions please.
WENDE

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  6:20:42 PM  Show Profile
What about husbands?

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  6:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie..
Well, some husbands are considered children.. just kidding.
I think " Mister Sisters" should be welcome. I know we are talking the cammaraderie of the farmgirl sisterhood, but this is YOUR trip too and Mister Sisters might make it more fun. And besides we might need guy questions answered too. A husband that supports his wife is a great husband.

Just an opinion.
WENDE

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile
Hahahaha! That is too funny! I am for sure going to be in mansfield as I said earlier. Will have to let you know about the rest of the trip later on!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  6:24:48 PM  Show Profile
I will definitely be meeting up with all of you in Mansfield, and am planning to bring my Mom and my youngest niece. I'm really looking forward to it!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile

I will need a head count of those who want to do all or part of the tour by May 1, 2010.

If anyone would like to have a farmgirl stay please let me know. (ie. If you would like to invite a farmgirl on the tour to stay overnight )

Also, for those farmgirls who would like to join us for the day , please let me know in advance.
We will need to give you directions to where we will be , such as the site or a park or the campground. WE would also like to make plans for classes or lunch/ dinner/ campfire, etc.

There will be a "plan day"when we rendezvous in SD to fill in the blanks and get contact information. Maps will be discussed.
Guidebooks are available at the first site. Charm bracelets at the second site unless you have your own. Make plenty of charms for those you meet along the way for trade.

There will be a check list for those with campers, tents, kids, Mister Sisters or vans of what to bring just in case.
Also, we need to consider 'project giving " and "keeping it green".

Mary Jane Butters has graciously accepted an invitation to send a letter to each site to be picked up and then read to the group at lunch, dinner or around the campfire. This is just like having her with us. She will be there in letter and spirit.

There is a possibility Rene Groom may join us for all or part of the trip. She may also need to be at MJF for the Farm Fair planning. Would love to have her with us !! This will be a farmgirl fellowship tour.

The tour will end on Friday, June 18 so everyone can get back home for Father's Day.

Please keep the lines of communication open.
A list of campgrounds, hotels , B&B's will be posted and/or emailed to you if you write.
We will try to make this as economical as possible, too.

WENDE

Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  1:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Wende I am looking forward to it, I just need to figure out what all I can do! Talk to you later, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  12:42:18 PM  Show Profile
If you would like to put the " Welcome" mat out for a fellow farmgirl, please let me know.

We will match you with a farmgirl or two to stay the night or two with you. On the farm or in a treehouse, be don't mind.

Farmgirl cammaraderie is the best.

Please join the tour for the day and enjoy meeting "women with similar interests" from across the miles.

Thanks.
WENDE

Go to Top of Page

waddleinnfarm
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

debbie
langley wa
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  09:42:54 AM  Show Profile
Charms????
I need more info on charms for the Farmgirls on the Loose Road Trip
Thank You
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:16:07 AM  Show Profile
I am going to meet you all in Pepin, WI. Just don't know exactly what I am going to do. Would like to stay over and then join you all to the next stop. I am keeping up with the blog spot. Thanks so much Wende for all the work. I am looking forward to it.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  3:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,

You asked about te charms. Well, we were thinking of something small to trade with other farmgirls along the tour.
My charm.. hopefully, will be a dog or bone with a bead or two. I am thinking of making it out of sculpy clay or shrinky dink vellum and a rubber stamp. Add a bead and viola ...a charm.

Any charm bracelet will do, but there is a bracelet availble from the Walnut Grove, MN site. The bracelet has 7 buildings representing 7 Laura Ingalls Wilder homesites.
We are only visiting 6. The other building is the Almanzo Wilder family home in NY, NY.
It is on their web site if you would like to see it. www.walnutgrove.org Go to shopping and to souveniers and it is half way down the page. Cost is $9.50 on site, or an additional $6 postage.

A charm that represents YOU! Pre-made charms are great too. Anything to trade.
April had an idea to trade quilt charms too. A quilt block that represents you/ interests, etc and exchanging them with farmgirls.

Both charms would be easy to pack and to exchange.
Wouldn't it be great to look back on the road trip and remember all the farmgirls you met by looking at THEIR charm on your bracelet or admiring your quilt with all the farmgirl quilt charms. That quilt would be a big farmgirl hug just when you needed one.

Hope this was helpful.

WENDE

Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  3:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Diane,

Would love to have you join us in Pepin. It is a 4 hour drive to Walnut Grove, MN from Pepin, WI. It is approx a 4 hour drive to Burr Oak, IA or Decorah, IA , which is where we will spend our time and Giving Project.

There are great shops in Pepin. I think we will be camping at Lake Pepin campground and have farmgirls meet us there OR at the LIW Park just off 35. It is very close to the interstate.
It has 3 shelter houses.

Look forward to meeting you in June.

WENDE

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  09:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Debbie,

We are also doing a quilt square swap too. You can get the info. @:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38699&whichpage=3

This is going to be such fun!

April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile
I am planning on joining you in Desmet and depending on how work's going I may extend to the next stop and give my mind a vacation. I am looking forward to it!

Penny
www.peafarm.weebly.com
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Please make reservation ASAP. Camgrounds are filling up fast for seasonal camping.

Also, RSVP with me if you are joining for the day or the two weeks.
We would like to make plan to include everyone.

Wende

Go to Top of Page

Firefly276
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Donna
Rose Hill KS
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  6:44:50 PM  Show Profile
Is there still time for 2 Sisters who are also sisters to join the Tour at Independence KS through the grand finale in MO?

Anxiously awaiting your response,

Firefly Sister #276

Everyone needs a little twinkle in her life!
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  07:26:25 AM  Show Profile
There is time and we would love to have you join us! Looking forward to meeting you!!! Yippeee!

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  05:13:45 AM  Show Profile
This forum topic is posted in four different locations.

This is a heads up for farmgirls meeting in Iowa.

I am making special arrangements with a local farmer and need a head count of farmgirls and their families.

Please contact me ASAP if you will be on the tour or joining for the day in Burr Oak / Decorah, IA.

Thank you,
Wende Wagner

Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Who is interested in Farmgirls on the Loose tour?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page