MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Lauren Encinas, (Young Cultivator of Melanie Ulmer #2432) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In the Bag badge.

"I went to the grocery store and I was in there and remembered my requirement and got the bags I needed.

It turned out really good!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:44:49 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge.

"Rebekah discussed with me our city recycling program as well as what we do at home to collect recycling we turn in for redemption value at the recycle center. She has written a school paper on the subject and worked with her American Heritage Girls Troop on the Caring for our Environment Merit Badge as well.

It's great, she is a good recycle helper. :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:45:29 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Trash Talk badge.

"Rebekah reviewed our existing recycling collection methods and has been actively participating in proper division of materials for recyclable containers and compost materials. Additionally she is collecting bottle caps and pull tabs for art projects for a different twist on 'recycling'. :)

Doing well, she is a good recycler at home and when we are out and about."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level Trash Talk badge.

"Rebekah has been helping collect and recycle containers for the CRV and we are saving the $'s collected to start a savings. Rebekah participated in her American Heritage Girls Troop presentation on the Caring for my Environment Merit Badge for Recycling and other environmental concerns. The girls made posters depicting various facets of environmental concern and then gave group presentations on what they saw a the important issues and concerns. Chief among these were recycling, what, how and where.

Rebekah did a great job and participated well in the group. She had a lot to contribute to the project and discussion."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  3:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Trash Talk badge.

"We organized a recycling bin and made a sign.

It turned out "green", like the grass, and red like roses. Yellow like bananas and blue for blueberries and purple for violets. Also, green is for leaves on the trees."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Music badge.

"I listened to 3 songs, one of them was the Beatles. There were guitars, pianos, trombones, trumpets, organs, flute, drums and tambourine.

It turned out fantastic, the best part was that we listened to the Beatles and all the different instruments."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Vivian Orr, (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Trash Talk badge.

"1. We made signs.
2. We went to the garage.
3. We sorted the containers.
4. We put up the signs.

We now have an organized place in the garage to recycle."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  4:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Madison Bailey, (Young Cultivator of Melissa Bailey #724) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge.

"Madison and I went to the library on our usual bi-weekly trip, but this time she got her very own library card.

Madison LOVES being able to check out her own books with her own card. Our library has a few of those self-check scanner things, so she gets to scan her card and her books. Her check out is done 100% by herself and she thinks it is so cool.
"I really like having my own card with my name on it. Now I can scan them all by myself, with no Mom or library lady." I think that says it all, don't you?"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  3:08:14 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Music badge.

"I earned my badge by hand-making two instruments with my farm-sister.

It turned out a great success with making the two instruments with my farm-sister, we made a banjo and a maraca that I have to admit was pretty fun."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  11:58:54 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an intermediate level Whistle While You Work badge.

"I whistled London Bridge and tried whistling Star Wars, and I did Mary had a little lamb.

It turned out harder than I thought."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  11:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an expert level Whistle While You Work badge.

"I whistled Mary had a little lamb and London Bridge for my Grampa and Farm Sister.

It turned out a little "squeaky" and loud."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  12:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level All Dried Up badge.

"I tasted garlic, oregano, tumeric, cumin, parsley, coriander, while I made Mary Jane's spice mix.

It turned out yummy, except some of the spices, because they were strong. Once we were done we used the leftover spices on the counter and put them in rice for a project to see if it would taste good."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  12:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Erin Dodd, (Young Cultivator of Shari Dodd #1158) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Lean On Me badge.

"I have earned all of the Lean On Me badges. For the beginner badge I planned out my lean-to NOT using Mary Janes outpost. For the intermediate level I built it using old sticks and trees, For the expert level, all of my family has seen it along with some other friends.

I earned this badge without knowing it until now. At the time I built because I thought it sounded cool. The first time I constructed it with help from my mom and sisters. After it fell down I put it up by myself . I also made a sort-of lean-to in a place that I thought would be cool. That lean-to still stands,however the one I put up twice does not. This is how I earned all of the Lean On Me badges."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Erin Dodd, (Young Cultivator of Shari Dodd #1158) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Trash Talk badge.

"This is how I've earned my different Trash Talk badges.

Beginner level: with the help of " Ms. Hannigan " (mom) I found out that Moore County recycles; paper, metal, aluminum, cardboard, and number one and two plastics. The drop off station is just outside of town.

Intermediate: I have set up a recycling center at my house and each bin is labeled with words and pictures.

Expert: My county does not pay for recycled bottles and cans, but there is a recycling center in the next county that does. I have given a speech on recycling to the local elementary school for 4H. (I am homeschooled but go to the local school for 4H)

We already recycled at our house, but now the bins are neat and organized, with pictures and labels on each one. I gave my 4H speech this year on "How 4H and I could change the world." I chose to talk about recycling. I got a 3rd place ribbon for my speech."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Addie Ring, (Young Cultivator of Heather Ring #1564) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge.

"We have been recycling for several years. Addie has always been a part of our trips to recycle. She is now aware of what can and cannot be recycled, and can put the proper materials in the proper containers without help. She has become very aware of ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle.

She is very aware of protecting our earth for her generation and those to follow....it turned out wonderful!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Addie Ring, (Young Cultivator of Heather Ring #1564) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge.

"Addie is a homeschool child. Part of our every day routine is helping out with everyday chores. As the youngest, setting the table has been her chore for some time.

She sets a very nice table. I have explained the order of the silverware, where the glasses and napkins go. She can set it by herself now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an expert level Music badge.

"I was in a concert and I played my instrument that is called the bells. The theme of the concert was the Olympics.

It turned out a little better than the last time I had a concert."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level All Dried Up badge.

"I tasted some dried herbs and some of the herbs that were fresh. Some tasted nasty and some really strong.

You have to use a little bit of the fresh herbs because they can be strong. The dried herbs you can use alot, but not too much. If you use a lot it's going to be really strong."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:01:32 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"I picked berries in my yard.

We made jelly with it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Megan Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"We have lots of horses in our neighborhood. We always look at them when we drive by."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Kayla Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"I saw horses because I drove around my neighborhood with my family."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Jamie Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"I drove with my family and I saw horses while we were driving."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Jamie Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"I learned how to make a braided bracelet.

It turned out good."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:08:46 PM  Show Profile
Megan Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Put Me In, Coach! badge.

"I have been taking horseback riding lessons for almost 4 months.

I love everything about it. I have learned how to get the horses ready by myself."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Kayla Riach, (Young Cultivator of Julia Riach #4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"I learned to make a braided friendship bracelet.

It turned out great!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page