MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  4:48:51 PM  Show Profile
JunFen Freihammer, (Young Cultivator of Joan Van Roo, #1413) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level All Dried Up badge!

"Tasted the dried herbs in my pantry. Results:
Liked: lavender, tarragon, parsley and basil.

Disliked: rosemary, marjoram, thyme and tarragon.

Talked about growing herbs in a garden, how they have been used in cooking for centuries, how herb gardens were planted next to the kitchens, and the foods the various herbs are usually used in."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Marlayna Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"How I collected my buttons is by my wonderful insructor! I picked out the buttons that really caught my eye! So evenuatlly I had 27 buttons! Some were just cute so they where added!

My collection turned out to be amazing! I loved it so much I would like to continue collecting!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  2:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Lily Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"I love buttons. I have a collection of 36 buttons that Mommy let me choose out of her button stash.

The sparkly one is my favorite. I want to collect more fun sparkly buttons."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Marlayna Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge!

"I learned how to sew a button on one of my favorite tank tops. I did it all by myself. I chose a lime green button, one of my favorite colors.

Mom was so proud. I am too. I enjoy wearing my fancied up shirt now."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Lily Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Lily learned to sew a pink button on her shirt to embelish it. She just turned 6 so Mommy is amazed that she could do it. She threaded her needle, tied the knot and sewed it on her shirt all by herself... WOW...I still am so proud of her... I might have a tiny sewing buddy after all :)

"So pretty Mommy." She wears it as soon as her shirt comes fresh off the clothesline."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Marlayna Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level All Buttoned Up badge!

"I made a bracelet out of my favorite color buttons, blues and green. I also used beads.

I love it and am wearing it right now. I want to make another."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Lily Thornington, (Young Cultivator of Jennifer Thornington, #1890) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Lily created her very own colorful button bracelet.

She was so excited to see it progress into a longer strand, she wanted to keep going. "The confetti buttons are my favorite."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Hatton, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bloom Where You're Planted badge!

"I pressed flowers and decoupaged them onto a painted box.

I pressed pretty pink flowers and they turned out perfect. I then painted a small box and decoupaged the flowers onto it. It turned out awesome."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  2:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Davy Harrill, (Young Cultivator of Christy Harrill, #1951) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"Davy and his brother James made a tin can telephone using fishing line. We washed and dried the cans. We used a hammer and nail to put a hole in the bottom. Mom helped to tie the knots at the end of the fishing line.

The fishing line did carry the sound. However, the line is clear and hard to see so that it can be kept tight. We'll look for nylon string on our next trip to town. We'd also like to try adding another line or two by joining in the middle. We're curious to know how many cousins can join the conversation."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  2:57:57 PM  Show Profile
James Harrill, (Young Cultivator of Christy Harrill, #1951) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"James and his brother Davy made a tin can telephone using fishing line. We washed and dried the cans. We used a hammer and nail to put a hole in the bottom. Mom helped to tie the knots at the end of the fishing line.

Fishing line carried the sound. However, it wasn't easy to see and thus hard to keep tight. We'll look for nylon string on our next trip to town. We would also like to add another string in the middle. We're curious how many cousins can join the conversations."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  3:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Abby Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"My aunt allowed me to chose 25 buttons out of her collection. I will also ask my grandmother and great-grandmother if I can see their collection and if I can chose a few special buttons to expand my collection.

I will also ask my grandmother and great-grandmother if I can see their collection and if I can chose a few special buttons to expand my collection."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  3:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Abby Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge!

"I chose a button from my collection and sewed it on a scrap of fabric to practice. My aunt gave me several odd strands of thread from her embroidery basket. I threaded the needle on my own. My aunt showed me how to make a knot. I slid the needle under the thread on the back to make it secure.

Abby did a great job. It was very neat and she will have no trouble adding a button to a garment."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  3:19:44 PM  Show Profile
Abby Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge!

"I used some blue and yellow multicolored yarn to make my own friendship bracelet.

I think it looks good on my wrist."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  3:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Abby Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Weaving In and Out badge!

"I made another friendship bracelet using the same yarn. Using a multicolored yarn made the two bracelets look different. I gave this bracelet to my aunt.

My aunt was very happy that I shared my creation with her."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  10:09:07 AM  Show Profile
JunFen Freihammer, (Young Cultivator of Joan Van Roo, #1413) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge!

"JunFen received her own library card and got a brochure listing library activities for children.

JunFen was so excited to get her very own library card from the Ramsey County Library Roseville branch the largest library in Minnesota. She plans to attend the Japanese Cultural Fair to be held at the library on August 18. The library is new only two weeks in operation, it contains a reading garden for children, and it is on the site of the old library, and is only a block away!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  4:49:06 PM  Show Profile
Matt Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"Matt made a tin can telephone. He was careful using the hammer and nail to make the hole in the tin can. He threaded nylon string and his sister, Abby helped him tie it in a double knot.

We used this as part of our homeschool curriculum. He learned how sound vibrates the string and allows it to travel between the cans. We also proposed a hypothesis that more than two could have a conversation. We wrapped one telephone's string around another. The four cousins made the four corners of a square and were able to have a conversation."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Abby Fulgham, (Young Cultivator of Janet Ray, #1865) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"Abby made a tin can telephone. She used a hammer and nail to make the hole. She threaded the thread through and made a knot. Her first knot pulled through so she made a double knot that held well.

We used this as part of our homeschool curriculum. She learned how sound vibrates the string and allows it to travel between the cans. We also proposed a hypothesis that more than two could have a conversation. We wrapped one telephone's string around another. The four cousins made the four corners of a square and were able to have a conversation."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  12:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Davy Harrill, (Young Cultivator of Christy Harrill, #1951) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In The Bag badge!

"Davy found some bags that had been collected from earth day, hand-me-downs and shopping trips.

We made a commitment to keep the bags empty so we can use them for shopping."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile
James Harrill, (Young Cultivator of Christy Harrill, #1951) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In The Bag badge!

"James emptied crayons, stickers and paper out of bags that had been used for activity bags.

We have a black diaper bag full of activities so that can be used instead of our shopping bags. Committed to keeping them empty so they can be used."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Eliza Jane McClelland, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Eliza rummaged thru Mama's button collection, & craft buttons, picking out her very favorites. She also bought a few interesting wooden buttons from the sewing shop. She labeled a jar & has her 30 or so buttons there, ready for her next project."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Eden Guynn, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Eden collected 25 buttons, some vintage, from a neighbor to create her button collection. She shared them with us at a Berry Blessed Farmgirls young cultivators bookmark making event.

They were lovely ~ we were so busy at the gathering, we forgot to take a picture of them!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  3:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Hayden Samuel, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Hayden collected 25 buttons in a decorated jar from her mother's inherited collection. She shared them with us at a Berry Blessed Farmgirls Young Cultivators gathering, where we made homemade bookmarks."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  3:19:55 PM  Show Profile
Hillary Stoneburg, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Hillary started a collection of found buttons, and has at least 25 in her collection. She shared them with us at a Berry Blessed farmgirls bookmark making gathering."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  3:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Hillary Stoneburg, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Hillary sewed some of her buttons on a homemade bookmark at our local library during a Berry Blessed Farmgirls Event.

She did an excellent job! She sewed two large buttons on her John Deere fabric & yellow felt bookmark."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  3:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Hayden Samuel, (Young Cultivator of Cassie Jean McClelland, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge!

"Hayden sewed 3 buttons on a homemade bookmark at a Berry Blessed Farmgirls gathering at our local library.

On her yellow felt & John Deere bookmark, Hayden sewed 3 small buttons, including an apple shaped shank button!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page