MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  5:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Savannah Hoffman (Young Cultivator of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Weaving In and Out Merit Badge!

“The first time I braided the strands of floss I messed up. I had to do it like 10 times. Finally I made it. My mentoring sister looked it over and said I did a good job.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2014 :  4:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Olivia Baker (Young Cultivator of Sarah Baker #5926) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“For the beginner badge, Olivia and I drove around our town meeting horses. Olivia kept a field journal and drew a picture of each horse she saw.

She looked up horses in an encyclopedia and decided she likes the American Quarter Horse best of all breeds.

Finally, she met our neighbor's horses and fed them carrots and wheat. Then she reported to her summer care group about the horses she met and what it's like to feed them.

Olivia has decided that she wants her own horse as soon as we can get one for her. She specifically wants a black and white paint mare.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Chevelle Marsden (Young Cultivator of Christina Marsden #4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's Go to Town Merit Badge!

“I went down to the library last week and got a paper of events at the library for the summer. I have had my library card for about 2 years.

I like to go to the library and get books. It's fun. Sometimes we go to the events that the library puts on. Its fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2014 :  4:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Alexandra Higens (Young Cultivator of Rasa Higens #6088) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Alexandra collected 45 buttons. Some of them were tiny tiny buttons her Great Grandma Laura gave her!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  4:39:23 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Trash Talk Merit Badge!

“Sydney has studied the recycling chart and is aware of what can and cannot be recycled as well as where each item must be dropped off. She knows what is picked up at the curb, what needs to go to the recycle point on our street and what must be taken farther away. This information is all available at the Self help store on base and we collected both a recycling chart and a pick-up schedule for curbside pickup.

Sydney is probably the most enthusiastic person about recycling in our family. She always asks if something is recyclable if she is not sure. I'm attaching our recycling chart that is on the refrigerator to help us all remember.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level It's in the Bag Merit Badge!

“Sydney has collected 3 reusable grocery bags and is committed to the next step of reminding us to use them and making sure they are in the car. A picture of her bags is attached.

We have added to our bag collection with Sydney's bags and I'm looking forward to help remembering to use them!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  4:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Sydney collected over 24 buttons (I believe there are currently 28) for her button collection which she is keeping in a baby food jar. We will move her to a mason jar or a repurposed box when it outgrows the current jar! A picture is attached.

Sydney had fun collecting buttons and now she watches for them everywhere and is very aware of saving them from clothes that are no longer functional or picking them up when she finds them in random places. She even found one in a parking lot.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  3:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level I Did it My Way Merit Badge!

“Sydney made a tin can phone with the help of her dad. She made the holes, helped measure the string and tied it in. She made it long enough to go down our stairwell from the second floor to the basement (3 floors) so they could really test it. It worked well. I got a picture of her working on it but they had already attached it to the stairwell before I could get a picture of them talking on it.

Sydney had fun and used the phone with her brother and sister! She also learned to use a hammer and her dad explained the concept of sound waves and how the phone works to her!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:40:29 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Trash Talk Merit Badge!

“Sydney takes the recycles out daily for us. She designated a place for us to put the recycles that need to be taken out and takes them twice a day to the bins around the corner for metals, glass, and paper/cardboard.

Plastic recyclables have to be taken to another location for drop off so Sydney designated a location for those to be collected for her dad to take them.

She also helps her brother and sister determine where trash should go. Our recycling is going very well thanks to Sydney's help with sorting and taking them to the proper location!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“Sydney hosted a game night while her grandma was visiting. We played Sorry. Game night was fun and we will continue having regular game nights with the family.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Put me in, Coach! Merit Badge!

“Sydney played a season of indoor soccer with a local team for kids her age. Being in Germany they take soccer (futball) very seriously!

Sydney is having a great time playing and learning and is also learning some German by being with the team. She will continue playing with this team.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Weaving in and Out Merit Badge!

“Sydney made a friendship bracelet for herself.

The bracelets pictured are the one for her and the one for a friend for the Intermediate badge.

Sydney enjoys making friendship bracelets and has made many more since doing this!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Weaving in and Out Merit Badge!

“Sydney made a friendship bracelet for a friend to match the one she made for herself. Sydney enjoys making friendship bracelets and has continued to make more.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  2:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Toys Merit Badge!

“Sydney interviewed her dad and I (her mom) about the toys we played with when we were little. She found out that some toys that are popular now were also popular then (My little pony, Barbie, etc) but that there is a much larger variety of toys now and that TV influences the toys more than it once did.

We had a fun family conversation about toys doing this badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  4:41:58 PM  Show Profile
Maile Drinen (Young Cultivator of Leah Drinen #6220) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I started a button collection and I had 50 buttons and then I decided that I should start learning to sew them on my bag. And then I made a little bracelet for my wrist.

It was fun but the bracelet kept breaking.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  4:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Jillian Fowler (Young Cultivator of Dori Troutman #6167) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“My grammy bought me an antique metal button box and then she let me pick through her buttons and choose my favorite to keep in my box and to make projects!

I love my metal box and I love my buttons. The old ones are my favorites!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  4:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Jillian Fowler (Young Cultivator of Dori Troutman #6167) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“My Grammy has taught me to sew on buttons before, so today we just went over it again and I sewed a button on a felt flower.

I love it and it was so easy. It was fun to pick through my button collection for just the right button.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  4:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Jillian Fowler (Young Cultivator of Dori Troutman #6167) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I made a button bracelet for myself and then I helped my little sister make a button bracelet for her.

It was really fun and I liked my bracelet. My sister liked hers too.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Jillian Fowler (Young Cultivator of Dori Troutman #6167) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I visited our neighbor who had surgery on her neck. she hasn't been able to do very much for herself.

I really love Jackie. She is the lady that trims my hair. She is very sweet to me and my little sister. She was happy that we visited her.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  3:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Maile Drinen (Young Cultivator of Leah Drinen #6220) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I made a cake for a friend who broke his arm. I decorated it with powder sugar, blueberry icing and chocolate sauce. It was beautiful, yummy and gluten-free.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:06:05 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Abigail and her friend, Tabitha, first chose 25 buttons and started a sewing kit. I had given them bags for this young cultivators program, and so next, they sewed their own button on the strap of the bag as a decoration. They then decorated fabric bracelets with buttons and gave them to each other. So they fulfilled all three levels in one day and had a great time with it.

They had a super fun day and loved the idea of a young cultivators club.

Before we began earning a badge, the girls made hiking bracelets as we walked around the property. They felt so good about themselves. Neither of them had ever sewn a button on before. I was very proud of them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  3:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Weaving in and Out Merit Badge!

“The girls each made bracelets for themselves. They were very excited to be braiding.

They also made one as a gift for another friend of theirs.
They continued to wear their bracelets for a week and let others know about what they were doing.

They did well for their first time. I am pleased that they could learn what I had so much fun doing for a long time. I hope that they continue this on their own and make many bracelets in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2015 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Get Buggy Merit Badge!

“The girls first decorated journals for which to write and draw in. I then read a story to them about how bugs help us and they made a list in their journals. We then went for a nature walk and discovered some bugs which they drew in their new journals and then labeled with names and observations.

They did well. They seemed to enjoy themselves. I had made some buggy headbands for them to honor this day and bought them each their own colored pencils. I have also encouraged them to continue this venture at home and if not observing bugs, then something else in nature, as I too have a journal for which I document plants that I love. Today they discovered a whitetail dragonfly, a snowy cricket, a gypsy moth, a water strider, a bumblebee and others too that I cannot recall at the moment. It was a good day.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2015 :  4:48:33 PM  Show Profile
Addison Gomez: Young Cultivator of Heidi Bragg #6211 has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“Addison visited a local nursing home and made cards for the residents who were celebrating their birthdays.

This was fantastic! They were very happy to meet Addison and are looking forward to her visit next month!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16265 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16265 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile
Maile Drinen (Young Cultivator of Leah Drinen #6220) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Do Your Eyes Light Up? Merit Badge!

“I practiced using a hammer, a drill, and a staple gun at my last chapter meeting. We made lanterns from tin cans and put beads on the handles.

I liked my lantern but it was a lot of work!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page