Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  8:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Gracie... We are selling our house next year and moving near Hubby's kin. He is a military child too. I have only lived in two houses my whole life mostly. He wants to start downsizing and packing now. I am dreading it. 30 years in this house we have a lot of stuff. Well he has stuff I have posessions and treasures. I know we will be pitching a fit at each other before it is over. I think I need wine too.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  4:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow, everyone has been working so hard. Everything is so beautiful. Just repairing stuff right now but am hoping to get started on something new very soon.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  8:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Theresa.... Sometimes getting things back in working order is very rewarding in itself.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  5:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow, everyone has been busy! I spent most of my day with my sewing machine. Our oldest daughter's birthday is tomorrow so I made her a patch (she's 44, but you would never know it. LOL) Also stitched out a plane for my DH's shirt and finished up the last Rogue One pee pee teepee for my Etsy shop. Took her family out to dinner and now I'm done! Dish of ice cream and off to bed!!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  06:07:07 AM  Show Profile
Judy - Love the shirt and the patch! Too fun!

I spent some time this weekend on both the felt food and my blanket project. Finished one donut and am almost done with another. Also traced the applique pieces for the blanket onto Wonder Under, cut them out rough, ironed them onto the felt (after ironing THOSE) and then cut everything out on the lines. Now they are ready to peel off the paper baking and fuse them down onto the blanket. Then I'll stitch around the edges to secure them and add some pretty detail.

I'm going to do the fringe on the edges of the fleece blanket first though!

Thought it might be fun to share pics of a felt toy project I made a few years ago for DS. It is a castle I cut from cardboard and covered in felt. Also a cute little dragon I found a pattern for online.

The inside of the castle walls I just used my imagination to decorate :) DS still plays with it! I painted some little peg people to go with it but couldn't find them!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  12:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Jamie!! That's such an adorable little castle and dragon!

Judy, your pee pee teepees turned out so cute. I like the hook you have on top. Mine doesn't have them but they would have been nice.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

cowboysgirlfriend
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Bee
Bellingham WA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  6:57:42 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on a crochet egg collecting apron for a few days now, using up the yarn I enthusiastically bought when I thought knitting might be fun. I have the main apron piece finished, and I'm working on the strips to make the pockets now. I'm fairly surprised at how well it is going! But what really makes me giggle is my husband sitting on the couch watching me, before finally he said "Alright, give me one of those needle hooks. I'm going to make you a hat."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  10:50:10 PM  Show Profile
WOW!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  02:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, Love the dragon and castle! My granddaughter would love that.
Bee, if your DH takes up crocheting you'll have to post a picture of him making you that hat! :)
Something wrong with my machine so I'll be taking it up to be looked over on Thur. Thread keeps messing up. :(

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  1:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Bee! That is too funny! I keep trying to convince my husband to start crocheting some of my projects when I get behind and he just laughs at me! Hopefully yours will help out!!

I finished a crochet bookmark last night. It's nice to have one more project finished since I have about 5 started and waiting to be finished.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  10:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Jaime, that is sweet! nice job.
hugs
darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  11:50:47 AM  Show Profile
Here is what my turtle shell is looking like so far. I need to have it completed by Sunday. If I get a chance tonight I'll finish the shell and start the hat. I'm so excited to see it on the new baby!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  09:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Krista,

I love how the turtle shell is coming out. Please post a pic when it's done. I would love to see it. Thanks for sharing everyone. It's so awesome seeing what everyone is working on.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  11:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marcy. It's been a fun project and I love seeing my crochet advance. I get so much inspiration and support from everyone here.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2017 :  06:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Krista, how cute is that! Can't wait to see it finished. My granddaughter loves turtles. Wish I could crochet. She's 16, but would love that .

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  08:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Lovely projects everyone. Thank you for sharing. It's always fun to see pictures of what you all are working on. I cannot crochet, even if my life depended on it. Not sure why that is but .... I think it has to do with the fact that I knit. I'm not delicate enough with the hook!

I finished this quilt a couple of weeks ago and decided I would machine quilt it late Sunday afternoon. (pattern Bobbins from the book 12-pack quilt by Me & My sister)

This is the machine quilting. No sure why I made the goal of going to bed once it was all done. Somehow, I seem to have a difficult time learning that lesson! lol It was done by 11:30 p.m. lol

Today I plan on machine stitching the binding getting it ready to hand sew.

I am still slowly working on the flying geese quilt using 1930's fabrics. I have 200 flying geese (I have 1,500 flying geese pieces) left to piece and I can start piecing the top. It's a slow process but manageable!

Thank you for allow me to share! Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 07 2017 08:55:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  11:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I have seen a couple of crochet turtle backpack. That would be more fitting for your granddaughter! And she would be the only one in her school with that exact backpack! Lol.

Carole, your quilt is beautiful. I totally know what you mean. I tell myself that I will finish something before I go to bed and then when I look at the clock it's hours later!! It's easy to lose track of time.

I finished the turtle shell and matching hat. I don't have a doll that is baby sized to take a picture with, so hopefully my friend will share her picture with me. I also made her older boy a matching Ninja Turtle hat to go with the baby.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  09:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Carol.... your quilt is Lovely....

Krista... as always...I envy your talents...

As for me.... what am I 'currently ' working on?....
MY DIET!!! I have been eating masive amounts of foods my tummy is not use to... this last trip... 10 days of Airports, trailer,and running kids around has played havoc on my food (amount and quility) intake on my tummy!...lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back Grace! Vacations will tend to do that. Hope your tummy feels better soon.

I think I'm going to take a break from crafts the rest of the week and work on boxing up some baby items we are no longer using. My house is in need of my attention and organization. Plus it will be nice to downsize a bit!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  09:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh the things we find.... when we once decide to down size!!!

While clearing out cabinets and drawers.... I found stuff that I thought I so needed.... yet forgot I had!!! Lol!
Have fun Krista.....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  11:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Krista, love your turtle and ninja crochet items! Lucky kiddles!

Carole, I also love your quilt! Wow! Great to have a machine to quilt it quickly! It looks beautiful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  11:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Krista, my grand daughter just finished crocheting a turtle baby blanket with feet and head attached. Very cute also!

Grace, I am working dieting also. Just discovered through yearly physical that I have high cholesteral! Bad LDL! First time in my life. So, now meds and heart healthy diet (which we already do) and cardio. Omgosh! That means I will have to get up and move! Ugh!

I just finished Winnie the Pooh bibs for "My favorite youngest great grandson" August Michael.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Aug 13 2017 5:08:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  10:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Judith, those bibs are adorable! One of these days I will learn to sew better and I'll make some!

Over the weekend I was able to clean and pack up a ton of baby things we are no longer using. Felt nice to clear some stuff away. I also started a new project that doesn't involve crochet. It will go on my island when it's finished. I'm about half way done. This is my fist time working with chalk paint and I'm impressed so far.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  11:23:09 AM  Show Profile
Everyone's projects are great . Love each of them. Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Aug 14 2017 11:25:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  11:30:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I ve been working on a flannel blanket. Boy my sewing are poor . But I keep going.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page