Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  04:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Jana, I made it at a quilting class back in October. I finally knuckled down and finished it. Still hand quilting my mother-in-law's quilt too.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  2:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! Can I say how addicting diamond painting is?! Every chance I get I find myself working on it. Last night I worked until 11 and didnt realize how late it was until my husband came to get me. If you havent tried one yet, add it to your list. This is what I have completed so far.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2018 :  09:25:01 AM  Show Profile
Krista, that is coming out beautiful! I have looked at the kits but wasn't sure if I wanted to try one. Now I do. I am going to be looking for one that I like. Please post a pic when you are done with it, I would love to see it.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2018 :  09:28:51 AM  Show Profile
That is beautiful Krista. I can't wait to see it when you are done.

Keep creating and posting pictures please!

Dawn in IL

In winter the stars seem to have rekindled their fires, the moon achieves a fuller triumph, and the heavens wear a look of a more exalted simplicity. ~John Burroughs, "The Snow-Walkers," 1866
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2018 :  09:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I don't know what diamond painting is. Please tell me about it. I like what I see of your project.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2018 :  7:26:57 PM  Show Profile
I have been sewing fabric strips.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  06:22:33 AM  Show Profile
I have been doing some free form embroidery while following a Creative Bug video on daily practice embroidery.

I not certain it can be seen but there is a cursive V in the middle which I had on a Word font. I am making the stitches go around the V in order and making the name of the stitch just worked in its namesake. I plan to give it to my sister (Vanessa/Audra Rose) when it is finished.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  2:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marcy, they are addictive! I'm already looking at some more to order! I got mine from amazon. They have so many there. Let me know which one you choose!

Thank you Dawn!

Sara, diamond painting is sort of like paint by numbers except you are using little crystal like beads. It has little symbols all over the page which is sticky (has a plastic cover to protect it) and a key that shows you which color goes with which symbol. Then you use a special tool to pick up the beads and place them on the sticky symbol. Is super easy and fun. I actually find it very relaxing. Hopefully that makes sense. I can show you some pictures!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  2:32:50 PM  Show Profile
Sara,

Here is the symbols under the protective sheet

Here is the special tools, bead tray, gel, and tweezers

Here is the beads

Here is the key

And this is what I have completed so far.

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Dec 31 2018 2:33:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  2:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Krista. It would take a good eye and steady hand. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  5:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Today I decided to leave up my small tree all year and decorate it every month. January's theme will be snowflakes snowmen mittens . Maybe hats and ice skates. I am so excited . Another thing off my bucket list.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  8:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Marie, the embroidery is lovely! I can't wait to see it!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  09:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie,
I leave my small tree up and after Christmas decorations are put away I put on my Valentine decorations. I use white lights so they don't have to be changed. Yesterday I was looking online for some garland and couldn't find anything I liked. While I was putting away some Christmas things I found some that had been used inside something else that had been used for Christmas decor. I was deciding to take apart the item and realized that the red stuff inside was sufficient to use for my garland. So happy to have found something without having had to spend any money on new. I could do alot if I just used what I have and was more creative with it. LOL

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile
I have been distracted by my t-shirt yarn, so I've been crocheting a rug. It is larger than the other two, and will be useful for mopping up spills. It isn't perfect,as my grandmother only taught me cross stitch and embroidery, but I like the imperfection.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  11:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Everyone one is cranking out great projects!!!

I finished a little black cat softie for DS's birthday - it was something he asked me to make but has hopefully forgotten about :)

I need to make 2 birthday cards, get supplies and get to work on big posterboard Happy Birthday sign for DS's party in a few weeks and try to get myself geared up for the coming year's projects.

I'd like to get an Easter wreath started soon too.

Edited by - AuntJamelle on Jan 02 2019 11:36:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  1:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Great job Vanessa! I think imperfections really give our projects their personality.

Jamie, that's a cute cat! Glad to see you and your projects again!

I'm taking a break from my projects for the week so I can focus my attention on getting Christmas decorations down. I'm ready to start the New Year!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  6:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I love all the cute projects everyone is making . Great work girls.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  09:39:00 AM  Show Profile
I am working on a temperature blanket. I am going to use up my fabric scraps someone gave me and sew hexi's to make this blanket. So each temperature will have that color scrap but may not all be the same or shade. I am excited to take on this hand stitched projected.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  09:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Marie, Kathryn is travelling by ferry to Hokkaido, and she took the snuggle that you sent her back in 2009. She says to thank you for the gift; it is still in use.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  1:08:48 PM  Show Profile
That is really good to hear.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  06:11:24 AM  Show Profile
I've been working on all sorts of things - as I can see the rest of you have too!!! Beautiful projects, all!!!

Made 24 decorated goodie bags for DS's upcoming birthday party - will get a pic soon.

I'm working on embroidering a simple design on 2 sets of sheets for Christmas gifts next year.

And my current focus is on finishing two recipe binders for the twins birthday at the end of this month.

As you can see I'm working on decorating the various divider tabs - I'm going back over them and piercing holes to do stitching in certain spots.

Then I'll write in various quotes about food and cooking, baking in and around the images. Add cute ribbons, paperclips, etc. So excited to work on these!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  12:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Adorable Jamie!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  3:23:33 PM  Show Profile
I crocheted (another) simple dish rag.... I thought I would get to crochet more as well as get caught up on some cross stitching UFO projects.. I found myself hitting the 2nd hand stores, meeting up with old friends, purusing old neighborhoods, spending more time with family and stuffing my face with way to many desserts and coffee... heeheehee...
So, 1dish rag is all I could manage! Heehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile
It is okay to do things one at a time. I am so happy to hear about the exploration of crochet. My grandmother was an expert at crochet. I hope she knows how much I love it.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  12:51:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm no crochet expert, but I really LOVE it. I'm so glad I learned how to crochet.

Yesterday I dug out some wood crafts that need to be painted and completed. Trying to get started on some of my UFOs. Trying to make this year a productive one.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page