Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  7:31:47 PM  Show Profile
.. I finished my Chicken.. she turned out to be a cute hen!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann...Wow, how cute is that??? I love it! Good Job!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  08:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, hope you are feeling better today and got some "me" time.

Karrieann-that is just too adorable!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  10:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Karrieann - love the chicken!

I'm starting my next bunch of dolls. Here's a link to a shot of the last commission I did, "portrait" dolls for the couple's god-daughter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/butterscotch_grove/4901541743/

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  11:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
So cute! The hoodie is killing me.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:44:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on cleaning out my refrigerator that decided to die on me yesterday. Everything was melted. Such a mess. All I wanted was a popsicle and you can imagine what they looked like! And the new one won't be here for another three weeks. I'm so surprised that Sears should treat a customer like that.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Melissa...love your dolls and also those Fair Ribbons...were pretty AWESOME too. Congratulations!

Betty...I am so sorry about your Frig. What are you suppose to do for 3 weeks. It's not like you can sit the
stuff out in the snow and keep it cold. Hello!

Today...I have worked on correspondence with other Farmgirls. Playing catch-up!

Pam...how come you didn't warn me that embroidery transferring doesn't work like it use to???? LOL
I bought a Transfer Pen and painstakingly traced over the pattern of the Parisian Girl on the Vespa...then I tried to iron it on to the Fabric. WRONG! Then while I am contemplating that...I pick
up My Embroidery Prayer and Iron that on to Fabric. I carefully lift it and YES, it is transferring.
Score! So, then I take off the pattern...the whole thing is transferred on backwards. Grrrr!

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE SMALL PRINT!

Now, I know that I have to trace the patterns on to the Fabric.
What moron came up with that idea???? What ever happened to Iron On Transfers???? OK, I know...I am once
again showing my age...but really it use to be so much easier! We may be in an advanced Tech Age but we have
seriously digressed in the simpler things in life! STOP LAUGHING PAM!

Battle Weary In Battle Ground,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, the veneer boxes are BEAUTIFUL! What a tallent you have.
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep Mom 2

I am working on veneering hat boxes. Here is a pic of a finished one but I have two in process. I will spray them with lacquer when the veneering is done. I am hoping to be able to sell them when they are finished.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:37:45 PM  Show Profile
I too read allot of Kahil Gibran in the 70's in high school. I was inspired. Must have been something back then.
quote:
Originally posted by melody

Oh Sheri...they are like little pieces of fine art....and I have always been enamoured with Kahlil Gibran; his work made high school bearable back in the 70's!

I collect hat boxes for all my photo's----must have about 5 now, but not near as nice as yours.

Please let me know how much you are asking for the hat boxes.... WOW!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  05:11:46 AM  Show Profile
Karen (kpaints) and I are grabbing our cameras and searching out barndoors. Every now and then we have a picture~taking day. After or between photo shoots, we will have lunch at Cabelas on Stateline (WA/ID). Making a day of it!!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  06:13:08 AM  Show Profile
A neighbor helped with some color options on my quilt as I ran out of one color and had to come up with a way to finish it. Here's a thank you to all those extra hands out there and those with better color coordination than me! Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-I'm sorry but I had to giggle a little bit. I've done that before-put the transfer on the wrong way. I usually take a piece of plain paper and trace the picture with my transfer pen or I use water soluble stabilizer and trace over the picture, then once I'm done, wet the fabric and the stabilizer melts away.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  10:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Pam...OK, my ignorance is showing here but what is a water soluble stabilizer????? Last night at my craft
class I took a pillow case, taped the picture I wanted to do inside the pillow case, then used my transfer pen and traced it right onto the pillow case. And the pen bled & feathered out into the fabric. Now, I know it is
going to wash out...but it distorted the picture. I am afraid that when I embroidery on it, that I wont get a nice crisp image. Ggggrrr! More tips Please!!! HELP! (yes, I am screaming! and pulling my hair out at the same time). Do you use a light box? I want to do this simply and I know it should be easier than I am making it. It has to be. If I keep going at this rate I may have to take up drinking!

Oh, today I am working on de-stressing!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 20 2010 10:47:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  7:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have missed you this week as I've been busy at work. Tonight it's very relaxing to be with you.

Peggy, I have no idea what to tell you about transfers. I'm of the iron on age.

More dishclothes as that's all I can manage at the end of my long work days that are filled with many, many people. But the upside is that my knitting keeps getting better. I think I'll tackle a prayer shawl next. I've made two and thoroughly enjoyed them. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Lana
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Lana
Ashley IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  9:12:42 PM  Show Profile
This week I finally told myself I had to get started on some baby items for a great nephew that is due late fall. I got 7 burp rags, 6 bibs, a fleece blanket (just narrowly hemmed the edge) and now working on a quilt. Will see how this goes.

http://iluvcraftingandcooking.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  12:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Suzanne...I was working on a Dishcloth tonight myself. I love doing them...the are so nice and quick
and extremely relaxing. I seem to get a bunch made up and then somebody wants to swap for them.
Which I love...or they make great tuck-in gifts!

Well Ladies I think I am going to call it a night. Have to take my little Bella to the Groomer's in
the morning (earlier than I like to get up...as I am a night owl!)

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  06:18:42 AM  Show Profile
I believe that I have a good idea on how to put in a rail for the stairs and will get on that shortly. I put a new door on the old bathroom vanity and it work out well. Especially rewarding as we are short on cash and I was able to fabricate the entire thing from scraps thank God.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  1:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello - I'm just reading through all that you girls are doing and what genius's! To all you girls fighting that cancer demon, you are added to my prayers. My sister just had a double mastectomy and has finish radiation. She will find out about chemo soon. I thought she might like something soft and feminine so I just mailed her a Goddess Shawl, chemo hat and a matching purse, all done in a lavender yarn. She lives 2500 miles from me and it is my way of letting her know she is close to my heart.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  1:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shirley...that is so sweet! I know she will love everything you made for her because it
came from the Heart of Her Sister! I will be praying for her. My Grandmother, Aunt and Bro.
died from Cancer but all the women I know who have had Breast Cancer have survived it and
there has been at least a dozen of them, that I personally know and 6 in my family. I think
breast Cancer odds are improving every year. And it is probably a lot to do with the Susan B.
Coleman Foundation (hope I got that name right).

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - thank you for your words of encouragement. Both my parents died of cancer and this is my sister's second bout with breast cancer. That is why she opted for the double mastectomy. She is confident this will end good and therefore, I am confident.
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  9:33:10 PM  Show Profile
I've really messed up - I've been crocheting a full-length duster done in shells and chains and was almost completely done. I had about 1/4 of both sleeves done and ran out of yarn, so I decided to hang it up to let it fall into shape while I tried to find some matching yarn. I found that I had missed a shell connection and had a hole right in the middle of the back. I unraveled about 3/4 of the duster tonight and have begun redoing it. This is the first time I have had to do that, but I am reasonably new to this and am sure it won't be the last time.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  12:43:16 AM  Show Profile
Shirley...how frustrating is that! Been there done something similar more times than
I want to mention!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  09:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Ripping out is such a pain. Been there and done that. It is worse when you can see that you are almost done. I had put wooden decorative collars all around the base of the new support posts in the remodel and then the guys got to talking about putting the paneling back up since we cannot afford sheet rock this season. They were commenting about how there were only on with "little nails" I did not want to take them all off after installing the collars and then thought about them prying off the collars and the dents that would be in the top.....Nope I took them off gently and now will be able to reinstall instead of having to do it all over again. I would rather be sewing or doing hand work....

CMF
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  04:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I have not been on for quite some time. Been out straight with sewing specialty items, reupholstered 4 boat seats and now I am rushing to finish things up for our Moose Festival that kicks off tomorrow afternoon. Whew!

Did a little catching up on what all of you have been up to and boy have you all been busy!

Peggy, one thing I have done for transfer, use a very sharp pencil and trace the lines carefully. . hate the way everything bleeds on fabric otherwise. . you need to be sure to hide the pencil marks under your embroidery and using a sharp pencil keeps the lines very thin. Hope this helps you some

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  11:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Joanna...I had come to the same conclusion on the pencil idea but thanks for the tip on the "SHARPNESS"
that makes perfect sense. Do you use a light box to see the transfer?

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page