Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile
I worked in my soon-to-be garden yesterday. It was good to be out in the sunshine. Since I haven't done much physical labor in the past year due to my illness, I only worked about an hour and cleared up a small part. Whoooo was I tired. I came in the house and took a 2-hour nap and woke up feeling refreshed. My quilting room still needs to be organized and I still want to work outside. What a conflict!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  10:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Still organizing the craft/ guest/ absent daughter's room. My eldest daughter came over yesterday and made a pile of couch-cushions for her house,and then cooked us dinner. Well worth sharing my sewing machine!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  07:27:26 AM  Show Profile
I am working on some crocheted socks that feel more like slippers. (I started crocheting in the office during my lunch)
This is my first attempt at making socks. They were actually kind of easy. I am almost done. I just need to close in the toes.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  12:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, I just started learning to knit and I always thought socks were hard! You have given me hope. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  12:42:25 PM  Show Profile
I planted some tomatoes and zinnia seeds inside and they were up in a day or two. Have to transplant them to something larger shortly. I've also been mending some of the lovely jeans these young folks wear that come with holes, but the holes have enlarged?

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Mar 10 2011 1:00:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Lots of people making socks! That is on my wishlist of someday...

But today we are going to put some new buttons on a coat and some new loops for those buttons. Also maybe a Civil War hat and a custom costume order.

---
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I finally got pictures of the new box I have been working on.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  10:58:44 AM  Show Profile
Sheri~ How beautiful. You are very talented.

I spent some time out today walking around and marking out the extension to my garden. If this spring like weather holds out I will rent a tiller next weekend and till my extra plots. I love the smell of the dirt and I am getting so excited to start my seeds in my little plastic greenhouse. I think I hear seed catalogues calling me right now!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  04:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, Your work is exquisite! I am making Christmas ornaments for a swap on the virtual porch. Then I'm moving on to some Kindle cases I've promised people. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  06:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sheri that is wonderful! I love it.

I'm currently working on making Nancy Drew's Sleuth bag from the movie with Emma Roberts. ( I found a tutorial on it.) We're planning a big move here in a few weeks and I thought the bag would make a nice travel one. I've also been knitting a scarf for next winter.

Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  1:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, the box is awesome! Are you woodburning it?

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  2:15:23 PM  Show Profile
No It's inlaid wood veneers on an up-cycled wooden cigar box.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  10:24:46 AM  Show Profile
I just finished embroidering a set of tea towels for my MIL:

SarahJ

Farmgirl Sister #116

http://bayoumama.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  11:01:55 AM  Show Profile

Sheri & Sarah, your work is absolutely gorgeous. I love to embroidery, but haven't done any in about a year. Since I quilt, I don't have time for woodworking, but really admire those who do.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  12:51:36 PM  Show Profile

Just did my first ever Heart Shaped Yo-Yo, to go on this Pen and Note Pad Set...that I am making to sell at
a Craft Fair in November. I am working on various projects (in between my regular projects) for this Craft Sale later this year. That way...I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over again in just a couple of months time...by waiting until the last minute to do them.

Sheri...your box is beautiful! You are so talented. What do you sell them for? Or do you just make them for
gifts?

Sarah...you do exquisite embroidery. You must have been doing it for years. It looks so perfect!

Have a blessed day crafting your hearts away,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  1:06:28 PM  Show Profile
I am hoping to sell them. I also do large veneer pictures - like paintings but done with inlaid veneers. Once I get enough of a stock finished I am either going to try an etsy site or my daughter in NY will try to find me a shop or gallery that will sell my stuff. I haven't decided on pricing yet - it's difficult as they are so time consuming and material costs are high. I am putting a picture of one of my big pieces here so you can see what I do.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  1:27:24 PM  Show Profile
Sheri...how GORGEOUS! You are so talented Farm Sister! Well, take a wild guess at what you would sell those boxes for...I might want to purchase one or a picture.

Blessings, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  06:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Peggy! This was actually my first attempt!

SarahJ

Farmgirl Sister #116

http://bayoumama.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I love, love, love your picture of the lady in red cloak. Just beautiful.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, I love your embroidery! It will be a miracle if I ever complete a set..luckily I still believe in miracles.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  2:11:15 PM  Show Profile

Prototypes for wedding favors. I am making 200. I think Almond Roca and toffee in general is gagable, so that's why I picked it, so I won't be a taster. Oh, and because the Brown and Haley outlet is right down the road.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Fannie
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

North Huntingdon PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  4:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Crocheting a blanket for my third granddaughter. Keeps me busy. Seems like I get them done and I see something else...there are so many nice patterns out there. I wish I could make everything I see. My oldest granddaughter has even taken an interest. I love teaching her.

Fannie
Farm Girl #2746
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  12:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Today has been a good day to do some felting with beading and making some eyeglass cases!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

embchicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

greenbean
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Pennie
Barnwell South Carolina
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  2:38:48 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on a quilt for my sister n law, since my brother has one, my 5 yr. old niece has 2 and my nephew that had 4 BEFORE he was even born and now is 7 months old - it's time to make her one!! :o) My parents started taking us as children to the Outer Banks in North Carolina when we were little, we now all take a family vacation there every year with our children now - so I went online and got pictures of all the logo's for the resturants we like to go to, her favorites - I drew them all onto fabric and painted them, now Im busy piecing them together! I just discovered last night, that I needed 6 more blocks of something to add in and went to find more white on white in my stash and OH NO! IM OUT!! So... Im off to hunt down some more of that!! I'll post pictures when I get the top all sewed together!!

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Ann Seton

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  07:54:15 AM  Show Profile
I just finished up a heavy cotton bonnet with lace & pantaloons with laces for under my skirts & gardening dresses...I am still working on a sleeveless white cotton top make from an antique bed sheet from around the 1940's. It has beautiful lace work that I was able to cut so that the lace is at the botton of the front of the shirt. I hope to have it finished in the next few days...then who knows what I will be creating!!!...lol...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page