Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  06:41:10 AM  Show Profile
I never used a treadle...sounds like fun. Just finished a cute padded "envelope" for my netbook (tone-on-tone denim on the outside and an old-fashioned floral print on the inside). Today I need to create a garter for my daughter's wedding in THREE weeks. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My girls are at my sister's today and I have my son and my nephew. They are itching for some computer time and I promised they shall have it as soon as I am off. So I guess then I will have to find something to occupy my time. I should finish cleaning the dining room. But maybe I'll go start on the shopping tote for the swap. The shopping tote sounds like more fun, doesn't it?

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:03:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm just past my second round of chemotherapy and a 3-day stay in the hospital for atrial fibrillation. I had a blood clot in my lung also and have been put on blood thinners. The whole thing is absolutely terrifying to me and I am earnestly trying to get over the fear and trying to do more exercise and good eating habits.

If anyone watches PBS, there will be a movie out June 12 (I think that is right since it was on at 4:30 a.m.this morning) that is called FOOD, INC. It takes a look at how our food is mass produced and mass treated. Please take a look. I hope I am not offending anyone, but we need to take our food back in order to get our health back.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

hikerchic
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stacey
ravenna oh
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  07:21:57 AM  Show Profile
recently signed up for penpals, making a dishcloth to send along with my first letter.
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh, aren't penpal's the best!! Your's will love receiving a dishcloth.
Are you knitting or crocheting it?? I just started knitting and that is my first project.

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I hope you feel better soon Betty. {{Hugs}} I made myself a note, hopefully I will not lose it. I'd really like to see Food Inc. Thanks for sharing.

Today, I have been to the grocery stores. I have been swearing to give up wal-mart forever now and I heard something the other day that just about turned my stomach soooo I went to two of our locally owned grocers (feels sooo good to support our local folks). I had to pick over their adds super close cause they can be pretty pricey if you don't go with a list and stick to the sale. I got a week's worth of groceries for $75!! While I was shopping I compared these stores' sales prices to Wal-Mart's everyday prices and they were a whole lot cheaper! I bet I saved close to $25 by hitting the sales!

Anyhoo for the crafty to-do list-- I finished the tote for the swap the other night and it went together so nice and fast that I am going to make more. This is another thing I've been planning to do forever- get switched to reusable shopping bags. I am going to do it!! This will also help me work towards my beginner level going green/shopping green badge.

Hope you ladies are having a great day!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Melanie for your support. Things are going fairly well with the chemo, but boy oh boy, will I be glad when the next four treatments are over. Hair is all gone and it feels so funny. Rather sparkly with the gray (mostly) and brown (very few) left. I suppose they will come out soon too. I have received a wig from the Cancer Center and I feel much better when going out and wearing it.

Your trip to the super market was interesting. We have a Walmart here and across the street a more pricey, very very clean, Yokes. They have a deli that sells ground meat and I'll bet there aren't as many cows in that meat as what Food Inc. says. However, I don't know exactly when Food Inc. will be broadcast. I will be keeping a close eye on the schedule though because the original POV screening was last year in June. I hope that I will be able to dig in my garden shortly and get some good food untainted by all the mechanization and also questionable water applied to this same food. I put off grocery shopping until the last moment and that is not a good thing, but due to my immune system being shot by the chemo I do not want to get sick.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Finished my egg carton for the swap and ready to mail.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm remodeling a denim jacket. It has scallops around the bottom,sleeves, and cuffs and the bottom keeps curling up...very annoying. So, I'm trying to figure out a way to make that lay down, I have some vintage buttons (79 cents worth) that I'm putting on it and then I'd like to do some kind of small decoration in the lapel area because it is SO plain...any suggestions?

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Betty,

I am praying for the Lord to give you strength and comfort. I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.

Debbie, that sounds adorable!

I am knitting a collar for my pup, made some sugar scrub, bath salts and room spray today. I want to work on my journals/recipe books.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon. I can use all the support and prayers I can get. I sometimes feel like; "why me?" but then I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle. The bills keep coming in and that is very disheartening--even with insurance. I certainly hope some sort of health insurance plan gets passed soon, though it may be too late for me with this pre-existing condition.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Betty I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all this. Keep you chin up girlfriend, the positive thoughts will take that old tiger by the tail and do away with it. If you ever just need to vent, please know that we are all here for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayer's for a speedy recovery.

Blessings,Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  5:16:27 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, Frannie and all,
Know that my prayers are with you all. I am a 13 year survivor of cancer and I seldom think of it any more. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Just be patient and try to concentrate on a picture of good health. God bless you all.
N@n

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  5:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Brenda and Nan. Seems there are lots more survivors than I could ever believe. I've even heard from some of my old classmates and that was probably 50 years since I last saw most of them.

I think the only thing that is getting me down at the time is my ability to pay for these bills without ruining my retirement savings. Something has to be done to cure the costs.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  5:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Betty, I know you can do this although it may seem like you are struggling. My friend made it through chemo and radiation and she is now 8 years cancer free. She just donned her baseball cap over her bald head, wore her most outrageous ear rings and her make up. I agree with you - something must be done about the health care situation in this country. I don't think it's right that one must worry about finances in the face of illness.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  06:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so very much for your support Sherri. I am hoping our politicians will give up their partison ways, but I will not hold my breath!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  07:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Betty are you part of a support group in your area? I know being part of a support group really helped my friend with her journey to wellness. You may be able to find one through your hospital. I really encourage you to look into it. It's really uplifting to be able to talk to others who have gone through what you are going through now. We can all sympathize and I know some about it as I had cervical cancer at 22 yrs old (I'm 52 now) but I was lucky and didn't have to go through what you are going through now - but to be able to discuss what you are going through with others who have done it can buoy your spirit as you know they know what you are speaking about. I hope you have a wonderful day in spite of your trials.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I love what you made. I am cutting out aprons. I really need to finish a quilt for great nephew.

www.countrynmore.com
www.countrynmore2.etsy.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com

www.countrynmore.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  5:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Sharon you do such nice work on your aprons. Do you do a lot of quilting? It's funny because the last two large hand quilted quilts that I made, both times we had family health crisis while they were on the frames so it's making me a bit hesitant to do another....first was my mother's heart attacks and the the second was my partners collision with a drunk driver. I know it's silly superstition but it's a bit too coincidental for me. I've made a couple of baby quilts since but that's about all as far as quilting goes. I have an apron pattern that came from the county extension back in the early 1940's that I found in my grandma's things but I haven't tried it out yet.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile
I have only made a quilt for my dad for his 60th birthday, and for two great nieces. The quilts are actually on the large size. I started the quilt 2 years ago, just after finishing the ladybug quilt. Every time I would start on the transportation quilt, something would come up and I would have to put it aside. I still have 4 more squares to machine embroider.

Here are the pictures of the zoo quilt, the ladybug quilt, and the unfinished transportation quilt.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/18677227

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/18914178

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19355617

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  6:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Those are so cute. I love the transportation one you are working on right now. How great for a little boy. What type of embroidery machine do you have? I have a Viking Designer and I love it. It would be nice to upgrade to the newest one but way to rich for my blood. I thought mine was ridiculous but now they are almost three thousand dollars more than the one I have. I don't know how they stay in business in these tight financial times.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  7:52:33 PM  Show Profile
I have the SE. I can't afford the next model up. Besides, I like the one that I have. I sure put my machine through a lot, and it does very well. I wished that I could finish that quilt. I am glad that you like the quilt blocks. Patrick just turned 2, and the quilt still isn't finished. I made up my mind though, that I will be working on it next month. I am just trying to build up inventory right now, and once I feel that I have enough, then I feel that I can work on the quilt.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  9:47:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm finally getting my dress form into "my shape". Added padding, duct tape and put a long T shirt on her. Almost a duplicate.
-A quick sewing area tidy & I'm ready to sew a car track for our grandson. Then onto to some nes shirts & a denim skirt.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Healer

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kristine, I do the same thing and pad my form where I am padded! I keep thinking I need to make a "fat suit" that I can zip on and off as I also sew for others from time to time and it's a real effort to remove all my padding and then put it back on. I haven't quite come up with a plan on how to do it but one of these days I'm going to figure it out. I did a lot of sewing for my son's wedding last fall and all these sweet young things are a lot smaller than me. I just got all my padding back on my form as well. Anybody else pad their dress form?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile
Cleaning out my sewing space. All the posts here have me itching to do some stitching! Since I'm not likely to get to the sewing machine I am working on my on-going project...crochet covered hangers. They keep the clothes from slipping off and remind everyone in my family of my grandma. I'm aiming to give everyone in my family a set of 6 from Christmas this year.

Praying for you Betty. Cancer fighters are my prayer passion...Mom is 5 years cancer free, one of my kindergarteners has a little brother with brain cancer, and a dear friend of mine has a 6 year old finishing a 3 year treatment for leukemia. And that's just the tip of the iceberg here. Everyday I will lift you up in prayer!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page