Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  04:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I will let you ladies know when I get my etsy store up and running. I need to learn how to get the pictures transferred onto the computer, set up pricing, and a number of other things. Hopefully it will be going around the first part of December.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  04:42:44 AM  Show Profile
I HAVE HAVE HAVE to finish my North Pole Village for the swap. I would already be done, except I have to hand stamp: Aurora Florialis on 20 flower shop windows. I can't give up and handwrite it!

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  06:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Julie, your zebra hat is sooo cute!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  07:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Everyone's projects are so cute. You all are getting a jump on Christmas for sure. I posted on my blog the latest yarn that I spun http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/2011/11/spinning-my-wheels.html plus a step by step of how I did one of my Marquetry fine art pictures http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/2011/11/place-where-imagination-and-spirit-met.html if anyone is interested.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Sheep Mom 2 on Nov 09 2011 07:53:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  08:29:13 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I have a grand daughter (15) that would sooooo love that zebra hat! She is zebra everything! It's adorable!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile
With the blizzard we got one of my small freezer doors got open by thawing bag of deer legs...my neighbors father got a deer last year & I ask for the legs...I boiled them outside in sal-soda...like baking soda to remove hair, skin, meat...& now I have them drying so I can cut them to make bone buttons....instead of cutting them so the hole where the marrow is you split them length wise so that you can cut out semi flat buttons & drill the holes how you want them....I hate wasting anything & the legs always get dumped so I now ask anyone who gets a deer ect if I can have the legs for this project.....yeah I know its not a traditional craft normally listed here but thought some might be interested...have been sewing also..got skirt done & working on a top, another skirt & a pair of legging type pants.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I am impressed! Bone buttons. Well, how did I think they were made?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  4:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Julie, cute hat. Sheri, what a beautiful marquetry picture.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Michele, that's awesome about the buttons. Do you sell online?

Here's an Amigurumi cupcake. Amigurumi is for the whole classification of crocheted toys, objects, or anthropomorphics, in general. Some are just toys and some are very detailed and artistic. This one is a pattern I bought off Etsy.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Julie, luv the cupcake.....wish i could crochet that well. :>)

I have been working on Thanksgiving aprons today.... for EllyAnne Geisel's (The Apron Book) 'Tie One On'.
I have 2 toddler aprons done, my daughter's apron done and mine is almost done.... I'll post pic's soon.

Happy National Tie One On day..... & Happy Thanksgiving.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 10 2011 8:27:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  9:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Julie...love the hat and the cupcake! You are good!!!! No You Are Awesome!!!!!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness you all are so talented. Love the zebra hat..soooo cute!! I know adults who would wear that with pride too!

I have not yet tried amigurumi...too many increases and decreases for my abilities, but I love it..a plate of those cupcakes would be darling!!

Bone buttons...ah, a woman after my own heart. I would love to see some of your finished product...not the skinning and de-fuzzing part though...I'm not FarmGirl enough to be able to handle things at that level....lol.

Sheri, your plied yarn is gorgeous. I can only imagine how beautiful something would look made from that. And your marquetry work is outstanding. The shell on the dragon reminds me of a photo album my father brought back from Korea that had some beautiful marquetry and inlaid shell on it. I used to sit with that album in my lap and wonder about those far away places it came from. The message on your blog is very inspiring. I used to feel the same about compassion and assuming others' problems to the point of avoiding people with problems because I absorbed too much from them. It took some very determined centering to get over that. Very good message.

Julie, how is the Etsy store development going? Mine is stalled, just like my projects...I'm getting way behind on my crafting...starting to go into withdrawals.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind words about my art everyone. We sure do have an amazing amount of talent in this sisterhood. Anyone have anything planned out of the norm for 11-11-11?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  11:42:37 AM  Show Profile
No I don't sell them but I am sure I would gladly give a few buttons to you when they are done....right now they are on the picnic table drying...the bones that is...lol.....I will take pictures as I do the cutting ect & post it so you all can see what I am talking about while I make them.....I also have deer horns that I got years & years alo that I want to do buttons with so will definitely post them as well for you all....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  12:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Michelle. I look forward to watching it.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
I look forward to your posts on the buttons.

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Michele,

What do you use for cutting the bone and antler? I have a small set of antlers that, believe it or not, I found buried in our horses' dry lot. One day I looked down and saw the nubs of the tips of the horns sticking out and kept kicking the dirt aside until I found the rest of them. Weird because it looks like they had been sawed off at the base. Not sure how long they were there before erosion brought them to the surface.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  08:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Grunge Paper Roses

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  09:23:30 AM  Show Profile

3 yarn Scarf for DIL for Christmas. For some reason my close-up view won't post. It shows the inner colors which are reds, blues, and greens. It looks so much prettier close up.

My youngest son asked me if I wanted this storage system he was going to get rid of
and I said "YES!" so fast and loudly I thought I was going to scare him half to death,
but I knew immediately what I was going to do with it! It looks like I could open
my own Yarn Store huh? LOL

Trish...your grunge Rose is gorgeous!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 12 2011 09:29:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  1:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Finished up an embroidery project

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Lovely Embroidered Sampler! Wonderful Job Tammy!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
WOW! I love the Embroidered Sampler, Tammy! I have always wanted to do one. But, I have so many irons in the pot, as far as, crafts. lol Maybe someday. hehehe

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile
I use either my scroll saw or a hand saw with fine teeth to cut the deer antlers with...the scroll saw is tricky cause of the raised areas of the antlers but I do it real slow...with the handsaw I don't have to worry about that just getting a good grip while i saw so it doesn't move on me...the antlers aren't hard to cut even though you would think they would be....just take your time while doing it & wear a mask if you can...they are stinky & the dust is bad for you.....once cut set them out in the sun to really dry & kill off any germs they may have...You can dip them in white vinegar water before you set them out in the sun...oh & drill the button holes also before drying them so you don't have to repeat that set again later...I don't dye my antler buttons but alot of times I will soak my bones in expresso strength coffee for a week in the frig then set them out in the sun for a few days to really dry...the white bones don't look as pretty when I use them on my old fashioned clothes I make.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  3:23:28 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn-
For close-up picture change the preference on your camera to "macro" setting. Also play with the flash. If you take the picture outside it will be better.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  9:35:15 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,
Great yarn storage unit......even if your son if 'deaf' now! lol!

I finished up the Thanksgiving aprons.... now onto the other gazillion unfinished projects I have strewn around my sewing room! lol!
www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 12 2011 9:37:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page